PDA

View Full Version : New Boss Event

hood1976
11-05-2013, 05:46 PM
Can any one tell me if this information is correct?

INFO ON THE NEW RAID BOSS TOKENS

These tokens (which the beta version showed as 'intel folders') are going to be used to summon 'RAID BOSSES' during an upcoming 7-day faction Ltq.

A raid boss will be similar but not the same as an elite boss/epic boss enemy event. It is a powerful specially launched boss that gets more difficult by the level of boss, and the killing of which uses hits against your health as opposed to energy or stamina.

The raid boss Ltq will be a faction event with normal and prestige mode like other faction events. I'm this case it will require the faction as a whole to kill various level of bosses in a specified amount of time - normally 2 hours but 15 mins in higher Ltq levels! This will require team work!

Raid bosses will vary from level 5 (lowest health) to level 100 (highest health) and will jump in 5 level increments 5,10,15....85,95,100. The bosses beyond the early stages will have health going into the 100 of millions or even billions! This is because the whole faction will be involved in killing them. I would suggest a roll call is carried out before bosses are triggered.

You will have two attack options, normal or power attack. Normal attack is your standard four attacks you are familiar with however the normal 5 hit trick will NOT work! You must have 25 health to do one attack! The power attack will be 5x your normal attack!

On early bosses members should only be doing normal attacks to allow other members to join in rather than just one member doing a power attack! On later bosses do power tracks across more members. The reason you want lots of members involved is that each boss drops a loot item, but only to those that have done a certain amount of damage! NOT to everyone in the faction!

Each level will specify how much damage each member needs to do to qualify for the loot item!
Like the epic boss the loot items change as the level of boss increases.

Members that don't join in or meet the minimum damage per level will still get the reward units for the boss but no loot items!

This event will take gold and great coordination to finish no more free killing of boss!

The damage you have done for the whole event will be tracked in a donation log similar to that of cash donations. Only officers will be able to summon the raid boss not normal members! You will need a certain amount of tokens to summon different levels of bosses as you progress through event! This will stop faction jumping for this event!

Once the Ltq is complete bosses can still be summoned during the event time for members to earn loot items if faction officers allow this.

In the KA testing mode, normal individual events and raid boss overlapped so there may be a way of coordinating individual and faction event but I'm not 100% sure about this yet!

This will not replace normal bosses it will run along side!

************Info by Diver Guyode***********

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Super United Ponies
Mexico-100 (first event together)

Domino_brown
11-05-2013, 06:03 PM
Thanks for the post , I quit KA and CC long ago so I am not familiar ;)

JustTVH
11-06-2013, 02:28 AM
Info is correct. Via diver guy on parlingo.

JK1
11-06-2013, 03:39 AM
Great post. I believe this is how it works on CC.

Twist of Cain
11-06-2013, 03:47 AM
That was one hell of a stutter you got there.

Dansgek
11-06-2013, 03:52 AM
Is this already confirmed to happen at Modern War this coming event?

warrends
11-06-2013, 05:08 AM
I play all three. So far the raid boss in KA (3 times now) and CC (first just ended) have been run the same way. So I assume MW will be no different.

Someone posted a fantastic guide on how the raid boss event works in CC:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?73248-An-illustrated-guide-to-raid-bosses

That should explain it all. Assuming no more screw-ups by GREE. Which is a very, VERY bad assumption.

mickymacirl
11-06-2013, 05:36 AM
Very good update on the boss events, thanks.

CDR Shepard
11-06-2013, 06:37 AM
I play all three. So far the raid boss in KA (3 times now) and CC (first just ended) have been run the same way. So I assume MW will be no different.

Someone posted a fantastic guide on how the raid boss event works in CC:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?73248-An-illustrated-guide-to-raid-bosses

That should explain it all. Assuming no more screw-ups by GREE. Which is a very, VERY bad assumption.

Thanks for this, I dont play KA or CC so this was very helpful!

warrends
11-06-2013, 06:44 AM
Thanks for this, I dont play KA or CC so this was very helpful!

Always love helping the playerbase. Since GREE doesn't.

Bndawgs
11-06-2013, 06:53 AM
Oh good, I have one day to try and explain this to my faction. I can't wait for the race to power attack the bosses to get the unit as opposed to waiting for others to help join in. :rolleyes:

jniordog
11-06-2013, 07:29 AM
Diver guy is not to be trusted. He is a disgrace to his faction.

warrends
11-06-2013, 07:32 AM
The keys are:

1) Role calls. Only summon a boss if you have enough online, or will within the 2 hour timeframe (note that some KA boss quests require you to kill the boss in 15 minutes; CC did not), with enough firepower to kill him.

2) Share the loot. For lower bosses everyone just do 1x attacks. For mid-level bosses have a few do PAs/Fast Attacks/whatever they'll be called in MW and the rest hit once or twice, then regen and hit again. For the stronger bosses you'll want everyone to do full 5x attacks repeatedly. And everyone who hits any boss and does enough damage will get extra loot, just like regular bosses. That adds up quickly. But MW may be vastly different simply due to health regen. In CC there is no health regen of any kind. So we had to do health checks as part of role calls and we summoned much more slowly than I'd expect us to be able to in MW. I also expect that the MW bosses will have much higher HP simply because we can hit over and over again, something we could not do in CC: 1:40 for a Fast Attack, or 25 minutes for a single attack. No choice in CC, unless you use gold.

3) FOLLOW THE MISSIONS EXACTLY!!! The game will tell you to beat one level 40 boss one time. Do that. Then it'll say "Kill 3 level 35 bosses". Do that. Keep following them exactly.

4) In CC there were three modes: Easy, Normal and Elite. Just like in FLTQs, the levels overlapped. Keep an eye in these forums for the overlaps. When you get to an overlap killing those bosses will net you double rewards for a single effort. Always watch for the overlap.

I think I'll start a new thread on this, with attribution to the original CC forum poster.

Thief
11-06-2013, 08:38 AM
I suspect we won't see this tomorrow. Primarily because they haven't released Tokens (from my understanding both KA and CC had time to collect tokens before the event actually started by almost 3 weeks)

If it does i will certainly have the Boss Loot Tracker ready to go but i think gree might actually be trying to work out the bugs on the Raid Boss (fingers crossed)

KingDante!
11-06-2013, 09:51 AM
This is definitely an exciting new addition to MW (assuming it runs smoothly). It creates a cleaner, more engaging faction experience as opposed to the current faction boss goals (Kill 300,350,400 etc bosses)

With Raid Bosses, it seems Gree is abandoning "boss tiers", giving a bit more power back to HLPs (which I can respect). With the way it's currently structured, it seems the only thing that matters are a players stats; a players level and "relative" strength become irrelevant. So that level 15 player with 900k atk, who can defeat boss 100 in 4 hits is less valuable to a faction than say a level 300 player with 1m atk, who defeats boss 100 in 330 hits lol.

If these assumptions are correct, I'm curious to see how this changes the faction landscape.

http://buzzworthy.mtv.com//wp-content/uploads/buzz/2013/09/mileygif1.gif

11-06-2013, 10:02 AM
Question so if our team average attack is 10 mil will every one get a chance to hit the lower level bosses? Or will we have to do them more than once to give every one a chance at loot items?

Thief
11-06-2013, 10:30 AM
Question so if our team average attack is 10 mil will every one get a chance to hit the lower level bosses? Or will we have to do them more than once to give every one a chance at loot items?

On the lower level bosses only a few members hitting with regular hit would defeat them. However you can summon more (Also there will be goals to go along with it) so it will be like a faction LTQ (Defeat Boss 20 5 times) Needless to say no not all of the GSF players would get some of the "common" prizes...but then in the end you would still most likely benefit more by having powerful players.

Web323
11-06-2013, 11:08 AM
Did we not collect some intel folders sometime last year and no one could explain what or when we would use them?

warrends
11-06-2013, 12:00 PM
I suspect we won't see this tomorrow. Primarily because they haven't released Tokens (from my understanding both KA and CC had time to collect tokens before the event actually started by almost 3 weeks)

If it does i will certainly have the Boss Loot Tracker ready to go but i think gree might actually be trying to work out the bugs on the Raid Boss (fingers crossed)

I agree. But ...

KA has had three raid boss events. In the second we were all magically handed 250 or so "orbs" just as it began. So maybe GREE will do that for the first go-round.

What still amazes me is that we're guessing. In every other (non-GREE) game I've played they not only give you a schedule, but they tell you how each event works (not how to work it --- that's for you to decide). But in GREE games we often have no idea that an event is even coming up (EVERY ToF) let alone how to run the new types of events. That's just stupid.

Regardless, another thumbs up to Thief in advance, for all of the help that he will give to us.

Mr Gunny
11-06-2013, 02:47 PM
I agree. But ...

KA has had three raid boss events. In the second we were all magically handed 250 or so "orbs" just as it began. So maybe GREE will do that for the first go-round.

What still amazes me is that we're guessing. In every other (non-GREE) game I've played they not only give you a schedule, but they tell you how each event works (not how to work it --- that's for you to decide). But in GREE games we often have no idea that an event is even coming up (EVERY ToF) let alone how to run the new types of events. That's just stupid.

Regardless, another thumbs up to Thief in advance, for all of the help that he will give to us.

Yeah, but that's the way Gree likes it. Drop a new event on us with no warning and then sit back enjoy while we scramble to figure out what to do. Unfortunately for them, they seem to mess up half the new events. So they're scrambling to fix the problem, and we're stuck scratching our heads wondering which parts of the event were intended and which were glitches. Lol.

Thief
11-06-2013, 03:16 PM
I agree. But ...

Well would 250 x 60 tokens be enough to complete their event? I could see gree basically just garunteeing that you couldn't finish the event by doing it if they start early. As for guessing....yes thats what we do. In fact i feel like CC and KA they give more announcments. Its really left up to the players to figure it all out (i think gree gets more money this way or something) that is the reason i at least try and provide some insight into the boss when its released (granted i just gather the intel and put it on the front page)

Also agree with Mr. Gunny. We seem to scratch our....we shall say heads alot.

KFH
11-06-2013, 03:49 PM
Great info thank you for posting

Mcdoc
11-07-2013, 12:48 AM
Very good update on the boss events, thanks.Thanks for taking the time to share this info for the sake of those who don't play KA or CC
Always love helping the playerbase. Since GREE doesn't.I always rate FAQ and in game help as a 1 star on the reviews of my tickets because this is the area where Gree fails the most. It's ashame they don't realize that if GREE put out a LTQ guide - more people would actually get going on it and spend gold since they could see from the first moment what it would take to finish.
Great info thank you for posting+++++1 - thanks again for being a positive force on this forum :)

Javy
11-07-2013, 01:23 PM
Guess it's the same ol boss, not the raid boss

Web323
11-07-2013, 01:25 PM
I am guessing the next boss for whatever country we fight in will begin the raid boss

Ghost-12
11-07-2013, 01:42 PM
When is this supposed to be live?

Thanks for all the info.