PDA

View Full Version : Please tier all the stat inflating prizes

ILikeTheAbuse
11-03-2013, 03:54 PM
High level accounts are useless. You've done the opposite of kill camping. Every account in my syndicate is progressing, stat wise, at the same rate for everything other than bosses. The LTQ's do NOT provide enough to counteract this. All previous work from just a few months ago has become obsolete. The L60's are the same stats as the L210s, at this point! We're almost to the point of phasing out all our old accounts and just bringing them in and out as necessary for boss killer / SLTQ accounts. We'll be replacing them with baby campers who will be back up to 1mil stats in just a couple war cycles, at this rate. Why have a L210 account with 1mil stats fighting for you in a war, when you can have a L75 account with 1mil stats doing the exact same thing, but without providing the other team any decent IP?

There is a L79 account in my syndicate that could spend all day, every day, doing map goals to jump up 100 levels and whoop his much older, richer account that has had far more work put into it. The boss tiers are just Wrong. Anyone who had decent stats going into Tier1 or Tier2 increased faster than was remotely possible for anyone in Tier4. Is GREE's goal to make every single account, regardless of level, the exact same stats? NO? Then why are you providing the exact same rewards to every level?!?!

As long as the baby accounts are going to have the same stats as the year old accounts, what is the point in keeping an account around longer than four or five months? They will just be superceded by anyone coming up from behind.

Tier all prizes! Remember when you got different stat prizes for the 10th item on a collect 10 event, depending on your level? That was a good move. Bring it back for everything.

Rebels
11-03-2013, 03:58 PM
Only a matter of time before a post like this was made around stat inflation.

What about those RP's? Crazy anything new in the pipeline to spend them on?

cc thunder
11-03-2013, 04:14 PM
I don't know why people don't understand they don't care. Its short term profit and they're trying to tank the game, they know that this game is unsustainable with this business model just trying to squeeze every last penny from it. gree don't give a damn about the struggling of the players have been playing for years. the actual company is so far removed from its customer base its sickening they slap us in the face every possible chance and were dumb enough that we keep playing, me included. they don't care a single bit about you or me or anybody on this forum not even a tiny little bit none at all.

the_dude
11-03-2013, 04:19 PM
OP you have a good point. But I thought you liked the abuse.

ILikeTheAbuse
11-03-2013, 04:30 PM
OP you have a good point. But I thought you liked the abuse.

...from you guys. I've not gotten a good tongue lashing here in Way too long. cc thunder wasn't even kind enough to direct any of his post's hatred in my direction. I felt left out ;-{

cookies
11-03-2013, 04:31 PM
Sounds to me like the level 210 account in your example is doing something wrong.
If they had 1m stats at the time the mini was started, assuming same level participation, the level 210 should be at 2m stats. Yes, minis in tier 1 could finish the recent syn boss event fairly easily and have a bit of an advantage, but I feel you are making this out to be worse than it really is.

Also do not forget that older accounts will have more % modifiers, which have been fairly stable and give an extra advantage over new accounts.

the_dude
11-03-2013, 04:31 PM
You should make this a poll. You might get more attention that way. People like to think their opinion matters, even when it doesn't

Deadwater
11-03-2013, 04:37 PM
Sounds to me like the level 210 account in your example is doing something wrong.
If they had 1m stats at the time the mini was started, assuming same level participation, the level 210 should be at 2m stats. Yes, minis in tier 1 could finish the recent syn boss event fairly easily and have a bit of an advantage, but I feel you are making this out to be worse than it really is.

Also do not forget that older accounts will have more % modifiers, which have been fairly stable and give an extra advantage over new accounts.

A+ on that statement. No one starting a mini now in the same syndicate as the main will ever be stronger then the main. The modifiers the main as collected will always give it an advantage over the mini.

ILikeTheAbuse
11-03-2013, 04:38 PM

I'll come to the dark side as long as those cookies are clickable.

BigMoney
11-03-2013, 04:57 PM
This is an excellent point. In the past, camping at least required players to modify their individual playstyles to minimize XP while maximizing stat gains. Now, it is far easier to gain a ridiculously superior stats per XP ratio via the syndicate events than it ever was to camp and only participate in boss events or whatever. The syndicate LTQs and now syndicate raid bosses hand out dozens of items with stats measured in thousands all for a few XP each.

Check my topic history to compare how individual LTQs dumped XP on players via high XP jobs in the LTQ as well as "XP rewards" of upwards of 300+ sometimes. And that was an LTQ for a final prize with about 5k attack (cf: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?65204-Money-Talks-LTQ-Jobs-and-Rewards-List). For comparison, the final raid boss prize awards 100xp.

In short, yes, I also disapprove of the new "camping" style they created with these syndicate events. There are players under level 75 with over 2 million attack. And someone wants to argue that older accounts have the "advantage" because they accumulated ~+50% total modifiers from 10+ syndicate wars, as opposed to the modifiers GREE hands out now? :rolleyes:

PawnXIIX
11-03-2013, 05:09 PM
I don't understand the argument about level gain. I joined blue back in March and I have gained 30 levels since then. Considering this is currently the fastest xp rate that has ever existed, I'm not sure what is going on. Remember that even though the xp rate can increase indefinitely, the levels cannot. I've seen plenty of players at 250 getting decent points on other 250s. Honestly, if you keep and eye on your xp and don't force yourself to gain prizes that aren't going to be worth it, then you have nothing to worry about.

While I can see that there are some incredibly powerful low level accounts, there are still plentiful accounts to hit during war. I've found that many of the accounts that are being mentioned in the original post are accounts from syndicates that if you were to run into the players that could be scored on, it would most likely be a losing battle.

Travers
11-03-2013, 05:46 PM
This is an excellent point. In the past, camping at least required players to modify their individual playstyles to minimize XP while maximizing stat gains. Now, it is far easier to gain a ridiculously superior stats per XP ratio via the syndicate events than it ever was to camp and only participate in boss events or whatever. The syndicate LTQs and now syndicate raid bosses hand out dozens of items with stats measured in thousands all for a few XP each.

Check my topic history to compare how individual LTQs dumped XP on players via high XP jobs in the LTQ as well as "XP rewards" of upwards of 300+ sometimes. And that was an LTQ for a final prize with about 5k attack (cf: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?65204-Money-Talks-LTQ-Jobs-and-Rewards-List). For comparison, the final raid boss prize awards 100xp.

In short, yes, I also disapprove of the new "camping" style they created with these syndicate events. There are players under level 75 with over 2 million attack. And someone wants to argue that older accounts have the "advantage" because they accumulated ~+50% total modifiers from 10+ syndicate wars, as opposed to the modifiers GREE hands out now? :rolleyes:

Can't argue with BM

ILikeTheAbuse
11-03-2013, 07:53 PM
A+ on that statement. No one starting a mini now in the same syndicate as the main will ever be stronger then the main. The modifiers the main as collected will always give it an advantage over the mini.

I think you underestimate the power of beating 100 bosses in Tier1 and 2, compared to the 30 bosses that are beaten when at L230. My baby will overtake my main after the next boss, modifiers be damned.

Captain Torgue
11-04-2013, 12:01 AM
I don't understand

What a surprise.

cookies
11-04-2013, 01:33 AM
Well, I guess it will depend also on the mains history in terms of events and how it was played. There is no doubt that killing 100 bosses gives a nice boost and is a lot of fun but how often will you be able to do that? 3-4 times would be my guess.
The mini will still have to be selective in which events they participate, whereas the 230 can pretty much do any event including pvp events and not worry about xp.

In the end, there are so many factors that everyone will have to decide for themselves if starting over is a good idea for them. For me personally the minis are fun, but will never catch up to my main. New accounts need a starter incentive , or there would be no point for anyone starting this game today.

At the same time, the game is constantly changing , so even older accounts that aren't 230+ will have to pick and choose their battles carefully. IMO today the holds true today as it did in 2011 in that regard.

Mack The Knife
11-04-2013, 01:34 AM
I started the game in January. By Sept I had 500k in stats. By the end of Oct it was a million. By the end of this event it will be 2 million.

Just an observation I've chosen to share.

dispohero
11-04-2013, 08:19 AM
if money actually meant something, the main would still have an advantage over the mini, but since it doesn't...

edit: that is, if the main actually built a hood

Twenty
11-04-2013, 05:10 PM
Your points are well taken. With the huge stat inflation, it is evident that you can take time off, then start playing at random, and catch up pretty easily. This defeats the purpose of spending gold to keep up, and has created an all-new camping strategy.

High level accounts are useless. You've done the opposite of kill camping. Every account in my syndicate is progressing, stat wise, at the same rate for everything other than bosses. The LTQ's do NOT provide enough to counteract this. All previous work from just a few months ago has become obsolete. The L60's are the same stats as the L210s, at this point! We're almost to the point of phasing out all our old accounts and just bringing them in and out as necessary for boss killer / SLTQ accounts. We'll be replacing them with baby campers who will be back up to 1mil stats in just a couple war cycles, at this rate. Why have a L210 account with 1mil stats fighting for you in a war, when you can have a L75 account with 1mil stats doing the exact same thing, but without providing the other team any decent IP?

There is a L79 account in my syndicate that could spend all day, every day, doing map goals to jump up 100 levels and whoop his much older, richer account that has had far more work put into it. The boss tiers are just Wrong. Anyone who had decent stats going into Tier1 or Tier2 increased faster than was remotely possible for anyone in Tier4. Is GREE's goal to make every single account, regardless of level, the exact same stats? NO? Then why are you providing the exact same rewards to every level?!?!

As long as the baby accounts are going to have the same stats as the year old accounts, what is the point in keeping an account around longer than four or five months? They will just be superceded by anyone coming up from behind.

Tier all prizes! Remember when you got different stat prizes for the 10th item on a collect 10 event, depending on your level? That was a good move. Bring it back for everything.

Dipstik
11-04-2013, 05:17 PM
Your points are well taken. With the huge stat inflation, it is evident that you can take time off, then start playing at random, and catch up pretty easily. This defeats the purpose of spending gold to keep up, and has created an all-new camping strategy.

Actually, if you took a break before and fell behind by 10k, now you're falling behind by 100k. I don't think you've really thought this theory through.

ILikeTheAbuse
11-04-2013, 07:20 PM
Actually, if you took a break before and fell behind by 10k, now you're falling behind by 100k. I don't think you've really thought this theory through.

You could fall behind by 500k and it wouldn't mean anything. After the first syn event, you'll have enough to get 65 boss kills, then you catch another 2 syn events and a war, then camp for a bit. Then you do 100 boss kills. Now you're out of Tier1, and already ready do do 100kills in Tier2. Then you catch another couple syn events and a war and you do 100 boss kills in Tier2. Bam... 1mil stats.

Who cares about that time you took off! It's all about future events as long as stats keep inflating, and that time off was over a month ago... Those prizes were outdated, yesterday. It used to be like this, but at a Much slower rate. Remember when you (well, not you, gold-free Dippy, but every other "you" reading this) paid gold for that 440/380 prize and thought that it was the shiznit? Are you even using it anymore?

Older accounts are useless and brand new accounts rule the roost.

KingOW
11-04-2013, 08:07 PM
My 1 month old mini have better stats than my main. 15k attack per level. If I hadn't used gold for my main I'd start it all over weeks ago without a doubt. You make valid points, but I shouldn't whine about it since I benefit from the crazy stats given out.

TBC Ghost
11-05-2013, 06:44 AM

F- on the statement ... I don't care how many mods you have all llp accounts will be monsters to any hlp account. Hlp wasted 249 levels getting crappy weapons/stats compared to now. So ya going forward your hlp will enjoy the same weapons as a llp but that llp didn't waste that many levels getting crap. As they level they will get the same mods by the time they hit level 250! Most smart people made a llp right when that stat inflation came out because they know their hlp accounts are weak and they r behind. Most hlp can't even pass boss 20! Also llp will score double the points in battle vs a hlp. Not saying any of this is right but llp control this game!

Dipstik
11-05-2013, 06:50 AM
F- on the statement ... I don't care how many mods you have all llp accounts will be monsters to any hlp account. Hlp wasted 249 levels getting crappy weapons/stats compared to now. So ya going forward your hlp will enjoy the same weapons as a llp but that llp didn't waste that many levels getting crap. As they level they will get the same mods by the time they hit level 250! Most smart people made a llp right when that stat inflation came out because they know their hlp accounts are weak and they r behind. Most hlp can't even pass boss 20! Also llp will score double the points in battle vs a hlp. Not saying any of this is right but llp control this game!

Your fallacy is assuming that the high level player is doing nothing while the low level player is benefiting from all this stat inflation.

killbillbst
11-05-2013, 07:43 AM
Totally agree. My level 130 account has nearly caught up in stats to my level 210 account

dispohero
11-05-2013, 07:44 AM
certain events favor old hlp, others favor new super minis. start a list for yourself and see which wins. my, arguable, list...

boss - mini
10-case - equal
20-case - equal
war - mini
pvp - not quite sure here, but id lean towards hlp
ltq - hlp
ltb - hlp

raid boss - equal
sltq - equal, but driven by hlp
sboss - equal, but driven by mini

did i miss any?

Dat Guy
11-05-2013, 01:37 PM
certain events favor old hlp, others favor new super minis. start a list for yourself and see which wins. my, arguable, list...

boss - mini
10-case - equal
20-case - equal
war - mini
ltq - hlp
ltb - hlp

raid boss - equal

did i miss any?

Good post.

I will just say this, I added as much attack and defense over the last month as I have over the past two years.

sanguis draconis
11-05-2013, 02:30 PM
I thought that raid boss was dominated by HLP?
Those LVL 250 2.5M HLP do a lot more damage than those LVL30 500K LLP.

Also, in WAR/streaks those HLP can be essential. It can be hard to score any points with an LLP when the weakest player on the team you are fighting has a defense of 1.5M.

-Draconis

boss - mini
10-case - equal
20-case - equal
war - mini
ltq - hlp
ltb - hlp

raid boss - equal

did i miss any?

MWWM J
11-05-2013, 03:42 PM
Just stop guys alright? 1M is the new 100k. Soon top players will have 10M stats lvl 150-250 (if not already) while others will only have 1M at lower levels. Same game just higher stats. Roll with the program and you won't be left behind. I started this count 103 days ago and after 90+ days my stats were 170k now in 3-5 days my stats are 450k. Not long till I break 1M. Btw I'm lvl 60 and idc about leveling anymore. These stats are worth it. Do what I do. Bring 4-5 minis and let them sit there and get strong if your worried about high level low level difference. Easy solution. Smh

Twenty
11-05-2013, 07:36 PM
Good post.

I will just say this, I added as much attack and defense over the last month as I have over the past two years.

Yes. The point is that the game changed again. When syndicates started there was a lot of pressure to join just to protect your investment in your hood. However, with the stat inflation the new camper strategy emerged. You can take a month or two off, and hop right back on when you feel like leveling up some more.

Captain Torgue
11-06-2013, 12:13 AM
Don't worry about it campers. Gree is slowly removing all the items off the level 250s so that level 50s and below will soon be the strongest players in all of crime city.

dispohero
11-06-2013, 09:57 AM
I thought that raid boss was dominated by HLP?
Those LVL 250 2.5M HLP do a lot more damage than those LVL30 500K LLP.

Also, in WAR/streaks those HLP can be essential. It can be hard to score any points with an LLP when the weakest player on the team you are fighting has a defense of 1.5M.

-Draconis

the minis in my syndicate got just as much stat increase from the raid boss event as the old hlp. it took them more hits on certain bosses to get the min required, but once we finished the goals, we bombed hundreds of bosses for both minis and hlp to hit mins with 1-hit. the event goals may have been more driven by hlp due to the damage factor you mention, but rewards didn't really favor one or the other. edit: maybe i can see a slight tilt towards hlp due to having a greater chance at maxing with legendary prizes vs epic for the llp, once the goals were done, but it didn't amount to tens of thousands of difference in our case.

re: war/streaks... tons of minis can already hang with the million stat hlp. sure, you may run into a syn that the mini can't hit, but that will also happen with the hlp. someone is always stronger than you. over the entire war weekend though, minis dominate due to the way ip distribution works. we really just use our hlp for walls and scouting now (we're a very low gold syn that falls in the 250-400 range).