PDA

View Full Version : Remember When

iteachem
11-01-2013, 02:40 PM
people bought crates because they were a good stat increase.....

has anyone bought a crate in the last say four or five months??

Max Power
11-01-2013, 02:43 PM
LOL....nope. Not even close.

GU7 F4WK3S
11-01-2013, 04:02 PM
nope. I haven't even been curious enough to look. I always tell myself whatevers in there will be doubled next week.

...or handed out in rd 5 of the LTQ

Captain Torgue
11-01-2013, 04:23 PM
You would be mad to buy a crate right now. For 250 gold you can open 3 crates and cross your fingers for a rare. For the same amount of gold you can buy 10 refills in the current raid boss event which will give you 40 hits on raid bosses. Spread them out so that it is 1 hit over 40 different bosses and that's 40 items headed your way. Even two hits per boss and 20 items is still far better stat inflation than those 3 crate opens.

x REQUIEM x
11-01-2013, 04:31 PM

Remember when the Indians were relevant :p

CohibAA
11-01-2013, 05:02 PM
Some guy in my syndicate bought a crate... by accident. Stupid opening popup. GREE wouldn't return the gold, of course.

Other than that... no reports of crate purchases.

:D

cc thunder
11-01-2013, 06:03 PM
Lol, yes crates used to be awesome. Not so much now

MrMarshmallow
11-01-2013, 06:11 PM
Its the same with scratchers... My top item ages ago was from one of those now they probably don't even appear when I battle! Only thing good on there in the $100 million which isn't 'brilliant'!

Bam Bam
11-01-2013, 06:24 PM
LOL, I remember spending 100,000 gold in 1 day on crates and probably 500,000 in 2 months. It was great to get 1 point of star increase per gold bar =) I'm glad I quit the game, but also glad that it's easier for lower spending players to compete. I'll probably stop by the forums again in a couple months. Enjoy!

Intrance
11-01-2013, 08:21 PM
LOL, I remember spending 100,000 gold in 1 day on crates and probably 500,000 in 2 months. It was great to get 1 point of star increase per gold bar =) I'm glad I quit the game, but also glad that it's easier for lower spending players to compete. I'll probably stop by the forums again in a couple months. Enjoy!

Huh? 500,000 gold? What?!😱

Killerkid
11-01-2013, 10:30 PM
Hoooh its was loose change! Lmao. Did the error to waste gold on those crate... Couple weeks before they raised the price and items became ireelevant.

TZora
11-01-2013, 11:12 PM

i seriously fail to understand what is the point of offering scratchers, crates and LE weapons? its like weapons raining from the sky in these events, who needs to "buy" weapons anymore .. jeez .. i guess, its the final sprint to pull out as much as possible before things will drop dead lol ..

ILikeTheAbuse
11-01-2013, 11:41 PM
I buy crates almost every day... it's way easier and safer than setting all this money on fire!

pervbear
11-01-2013, 11:42 PM
I buy crates almost every day... it's way easier and safer than setting all this money on fire!

I dunno setting money on fire is pretty fun, it turns me on.... But I'm a pyro.

Asvaldr
11-02-2013, 12:46 AM
...now, just need better stat prizes for those crates.

ploop
11-02-2013, 04:40 AM
i bought one once, when gree gave out free gold. That was when i was a noob

TZora
11-02-2013, 05:04 AM
i bought one once, when gree gave out free gold. That was when i was a noob
you sure you're not one now? then explain what r u doing in team lupo? :D

ploop
11-02-2013, 05:10 AM
you sure you're not one now? then explain what r u doing in team lupo? :D

team lupo 2 by the way

KemoKidd
11-02-2013, 05:37 AM
Remember when BigMoney quit? I just put that bc I know how much iteahem loves him. The reason he quit made me laugh bc at least the gold he spent gave him prizes with stats in the thousands.

Whoever has played this game for over a year and a half will tell you all the wasted gold that was spent. The only use for gold was crates and items. Then events came out (collect 10 was the ONLY event and came out about once month) and we spent a vault for the top prize with stats in the 200s. Then scratchers came out and that was popular for a while.

I too have have bought gold and burned it all within 3 minutes on 3 packs of crates. This was the best way to increase stats and you were one of the most powerful players if you did.

TZora
11-02-2013, 06:49 AM
team lupo 2 by the way
all doggies in 1 and all puppies in 2 ... lol

ploop
11-02-2013, 08:20 AM
I don't think you understood. There is a difference between the stats on items increasing over time, and the much more serious problem of GREE handing out larger and larger modifiers-- a series of +30% modifiers from a boss event, LTQ, and then a hidden gun attack modifier in the collect-100, massive wins/win streak modifiers with further +30% car attack/defense, and more recently +7% mafia attack/+5 mafia defense modifiers, with an additional 20% melee defense item for 1000 fight wins as well as a +50% explosive attack.

For comparison, the top prize in the upcoming syndicate war is +20% car attack. The Top 10 prize is typically a +10% modifier. The point being that now events will regularly award modifiers that completely eclipse 10+ syndicate wars' worth of modifiers every week or so with a new event.

There is a fundamental difference between inflating the stats on prizes gradually over time, and both inflating modifier as well as awarding them far more frequently. The difference being of course, that one is obviously not sustainable.

It's clear which direction the game is going, and it's not one of longevity.

well put bigmoney.:cool: in the time before i was playing i had average stats, now in a month i have twice what i had in 4 months

BigMoney
11-02-2013, 08:21 AM
EDIT: dammit, you quoted my message before I deleted it. Dangit. Original, since now I have to stand by it:

Remember when BigMoney quit? I just put that bc I know how much iteahem loves him. The reason he quit made me laugh bc at least the gold he spent gave him prizes with stats in the thousands.

Whoever has played this game for over a year and a half will tell you all the wasted gold that was spent. The only use for gold was crates and items. Then events came out (collect 10 was the ONLY event and came out about once month) and we spent a vault for the top prize with stats in the 200s. Then scratchers came out and that was popular for a while.

I too have have bought gold and burned it all within 3 minutes on 3 packs of crates. This was the best way to increase stats and you were one of the most powerful players if you did.

I don't think you understood. There is a difference between the stats on items increasing over time, and the much more serious problem of GREE handing out larger and larger modifiers-- a series of +30% modifiers from a boss event, LTQ, and then a hidden gun attack modifier in the collect-100, massive wins/win streak modifiers with further +30% car attack/defense, and more recently +7% mafia attack/+5% mafia defense modifiers (which are arguably even more valuable), with an additional +20% melee defense item for 1000 fight wins as well as a +50% explosive attack.

For comparison, the top prize in the upcoming syndicate war is +20% car attack. The Top 10 prize is typically a +10% modifier. The point being that now events will regularly award modifiers that completely eclipse 10+ syndicate wars' worth of modifiers every week or so with a new event.

There is a fundamental difference between inflating the stats on prizes gradually over time, and both inflating modifier as well as awarding them far more frequently. The difference being, of course, that one is obviously not sustainable.

It's clear which direction the game is going, and it's not one of longevity.

OneHoop
11-02-2013, 08:23 AM
... people didn't complain about receiving a 500/700 item? "Another Bandito Bandolier, aww man!"

M@

redinator
11-02-2013, 08:41 AM
Gree stole 250 gold from me, telling me I bought the crates. I went as far as writing a letter to the San Fran office with my complaint. Did no good.

TZora
11-02-2013, 08:41 AM
BM, this raid boss thing is the final sprint to squeeze as much as juice they can .. and then they'll continue to suck as much as they can for as long as they can until they don't see enough ppl left, and, game over! ta da ta da tada!

ploop
11-02-2013, 08:53 AM
EDIT: dammit, you quoted my message before I deleted it. Dangit. Original, since now I have to stand by it:

It's fine, i knew what you meant by it