PDA

View Full Version : Progressive Results from IOS guild war!!!

cafedecoy
10-31-2013, 02:52 PM
FINAL UPDATE: END OF WAR, NOV 2

Hey folks!
Final results are here! Great war everyone!

LINK

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1jyybB1CsPDYSVJEFtwWHlRNED9g4nQOS_XW31vMvSkA/edit?usp=sharing

The usual charts are here, and then I also added some extras which reflect my own curiosities. I hope you find them interesting too!

RECAP:

Well, I suspect that the fight at the top was not as dramatic as the last war, and I’ve got the charts to prove it!!! The RR maintained and kept their comfortable lead, and their 1st place was never contended all the way to the end. What’s weird is that the *lack* of competition was evident in all levels! There was NO fighting tooth and nail for the bronze finish either. I believe most of the guilds simply cruised along to finish.

Slide#2: the war results.
Congratulations to RR, the untouchables, and Konoha who
placed first, second, and third places respectively. The Bronze medal went to SNL, Evolve, Centurions, War, RainbowRug, Deus, and Sauce.

Slide#3: DPA

DPA’s activity slowed down slightly at the last half of the war, but they pretty much maintained their steady rate to finish, finishing at the 45th rank. Thanks to you guys, I now know what the “upper limit” performance is for a highly active non-spending guild PLUS I got to borrow your data to do some cost estimate later (see 7th slide). Hehe

Slide #4: Top guilds, and their performance comparison from last war

As you can see – no huge fight amongst the top guilds, reduced activity from the Rainbow Room and the Untouchables towards the end of the war, and the Konoha matching the DPA’s last war performance.

Slide #5: A view of the competition at the top (comparison from last war)

In the last war, the top two guilds swapped ranks and the bronze medal contenders also swapped ranks many many times. This war was much more peaceful, with the respective placements for the top 10 guilds being pretty much decided from early on, and un-challenged. Really guys? No drama? :)

Slide #6:The point gain progression comparison.

All values are normalized to their maximum respective value. This might not be so straight forward to read, but basically, a straight 45 degree angle slope indicates steady rise of the points (thus even paced) whereas a high slope indicates point gain rush (thus stressful). A concave portion would indicate a stressful end point, whereas a convex portion would indicate a high paced point rise in the beginning to slow rate of point rise at the end. The graph, to me, indicates what I suspected: both RR and Untouchables enjoyed a less stressful battle this week, compared to the last war. Also, as always, the competition at the ribbons is much more mild than the top spots.

Slide #7: the rise of the ribbons

Compared to the last war, the rate of point accumulation at the ribbon cut off lines increased for Ribbon B-F, coincidently at the beginning of the weekend for most. The odd thing is, the gem sales also had ended by then. I do hope that the players were proactive and bought their gems early when on sale!
The cutoff line for ribbon A was very much deflated compared to that of last guild war.

Slide #8: Cost of winning (estimation)

Take this with a grain of salt. Since I only have access to public data, I had to use a lot of assumptions and logical guesses to come up with a figure. BUT I did estimate how much each of the top guilds had spent for this war, and I also added a bunch of slides explaining my assumptions and error potentials. EXAMPLE: RR.. did you guys spend $7000?

Enjoy!!!

cafedecoy
10-31-2013, 02:53 PM
RECAP FROM OCT 31(24 hours into the war):

* Once again, lots of activity in the top guilds, and gem spending frenzy ensues at full force! Right now, it looks like the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place contenders have distinguished themselves, consistently and from the beginning of the wars (these being the Rainbow Room, The untouchables, and Konoha, respectively), and these three guilds look like they can cruise along until the end of the war... except... watch out Konoha, Evolve is narrowing the gap!

* The fight for the bronze medal: It's too early to comment, but the spread seems to be wider than the last war. Once again, there's a cluster at the top, and another cluster fighting to not fall into the Ribbon A range.

* WAIT WAIT WAIT.. what happened to the DPA the #3 guild? Well, it seems like they are making an honest guild out of themselves by staying true to their proposed boycott. Of course, I had to keep an extra eye on them to see what they are doing exactly. They are not at the top, but far from dead! The activity from the guild seems to be fairly constant and their guild rank seems to be stabilizing at around high 30s - mid 40s rank (see graph #2). Can they stick to their boycott forever, or will they succumb to the lure of gem spending frenzy? Time will only tell, but the graphs don't lie.. I guess we will see if we see a huge unusual spike of an activity!

*So how are the top guilds performing compared to the last war? Well.. I have an overlay graph of the top three guilds from the last war (RR, Untouchables, DPA) and the current top four from this week (RR, Untouchables, Konoha, Evolve)... and of course, I couldn't leave out this week's boycotting DPA too. Some interesting stuff happening here. The untouchables are progressing at *almost the same pace* as they did in the last war. LOL you can almost figure out their group's sleep cycles ;). BUT the RR seems to be gaining points faster than ever. In fact, they have surpassed the 10 MILLION POINT MARK in the 19th-20th hour!!!! Have they adopted some new point gaining tactics, or did the "idea" of having the 1st place contention challenged during last war scare them enough to buy more gems than ever? LOL that 30% discount on gems this war (as opposed to meager 20% last war) looks really yummy now doesn't it? As an outsider, I have no idea what the folks at RR are thinking.. maybe they wanted to pay up the DPA's portion of gems, feeling bad for GREE? I don't know (the numbers do sorta kinda add up nicely though, as if by design!).

*The new 3rd/4th place contenders are working hard, but can't really produce the "gusto" that DPA is capable of. Oh well...

* The last slide is the slide for the rest of us. As you know, lots of people were complaining about the war and making claims of quitting, etc... is it really affecting the overall game play? Well... again it does seem a bit too early to tell, but it does look like the cutoff point gain for the ribbons this war seem to be mimicking that of the last war almost perfectly. The difference, of course, is the cutoff for the Ribbon A (huge difference), and I'm also beginning to notice some point deflation for the Ribbon B cutoff. It's probably safe to assume that the higher ranks have higher probability of gem spending activity, and the deflation of activity at the top tiers is palpable.
There were some intense battles for the bronze medal during the last war. So far, the enthusiasm for that spirit epic non plus armor seems to be somewhat lukewarm. I can't say if this is a function of the lack of enthusiasm for the new rewards, or ... maybe it's just a case of Wednesday? We will see!!!!

Enjoy!

Next update: I can't make promises (it is in the middle of the week, after all), but probably around this time tomorrow!

RECAP FROM Nov 1st (48 hours into the war):

* FIRST SLIDE: Progressive War results
THE RR has crossed the 15 million points mark a little shy of 40th hour into the game. The top contender placements have been raising their points steadily, but there have not been too many placement switching surprises. For a while, SNL seemed like they were going to take over the 3rd place spot (the placement did swap for a very short time at around the 30th hour mark) but the Konoha have stepped up their game, and now maintain a comfortable ~ 1 million point lead.
The bronze medal contenders are fairly widely spread out, which is not something that we are used to. BUT there are still 24 more hours to go, so we will see how these groups cluster and converge as they fight for that epic armor!

*Second slide: DPA and their boycott
The DPA has been playing a much more slower paced game than they are used to. They even took a break from playing (see the flat line at around the 30-35th hour mark?) and it seems like the group enjoyed a collective "nap." The rise of points have been fairly steady, suggesting that they have not broke their oath to boycott. I guess they are showing by example that if you are a non gem spending guild, you can maybe aim for Ribbon B. Of course, I believe all the members at the DPA are super active and already own a few power epics from previous wars.... but hey, at least here is a hard evidence that if you don't spend (or if you don't mooch off from your fellow guild mates who spend), you can't win a medal at the guild war.
FYI the guild war placement of the DPA have seem to stabilized at around high 30th - low 40th rank.

* Third slide: Top guild performances compared to the last war
So I understand that we are not exactly comparing apples to apples here because I'm overlaying a 3 day war result over a 4 day war result. I do intend to show different comparisons when this is all over, but for now, what we have will do.
It seems like both the RR and Untouchables have slowed down their respective point gain rate a bit, and are taking a less-aggressive path towards their pretty much secured respective 1st and 2nd placements. While the RR started off with very aggressive point scoring (compared to their performance in the last war), they have slowed down significantly, as seen by the noticeably lower slope point gain compared to around the same hour mark in the last war. The untouchables have also slowed down... and if this isn't a proof of how direct competition messes up with people's motivation to spend money I don't know what is. A lot of people do a lot of crazy things because they "just can't lose"

Konoha and SNL on the other hand, have sparked a 3rd place contention competition, and while it does seem like the fight might be over for good, it is interesting to see that they have found themselves following the trajectory of last guild war's DPA performance fairly closely. This shows to me that these guilds always had the potential to rival the DPA, but perhaps the intimidating presence of DPA discouraged them from entertaining the idea. Yet, in their absence, and in the perceived "easy" aim for the 3rd place, they have sparked a competition and thus created a scenario that makes the 3rd place contention just as difficult. In summary, this is yet another example of how competition can play with your head! (or your credit card)

Last slide: The rise of the ribbons, and their comparisons from the last war
The ribbon cut off history have not changed much since the last war, with the exception of ribbon A contenders. Assuming that the gem spenders flock to the top guilds, this goes to show that general game usage for the non-spending mass have remained unchanged. The general mass seems to be unaffected (or oblivious?) to all the complaints made about the war so far (middle of the week, lame rewards, stupid epic armor, etc etc etc).
I really can't get into the heads of the game makers, but if they thought that the black medal prize would serve as a carrot for the entire game playing population, this tells me that the "masses" are too clever to be fooled into believing that they have a shot at the yummy rewards reserved for few select guilds. Maybe.. just maybe... the "carrot" has to be a bit more attainable if you want people to get excited about the wars (wink wink nudge nudge)
NOW, about that Ribbon A: I find it a bit odd that despite greater gem discounts (30% off packages as opposed to the usual 20% ya'll) the ribbon A cut line has bee rising significantly slower for this war. Could this be an indication that the gem boycotts have made a dent in the guild wars, or is this simply the effect of the timing, or the "lame" mono spirit armor? I guess we will have to see what happens.

HEY anything can happen in the last 24 hours! We will see

Dasher18
10-31-2013, 03:43 PM
Ahh great war thread! Also, if we didn't stay true to our boycott thread, what would be the point in the boycott :p. Kudos to the other guilds that decided to join us. Good luck to the rest of the guilds out there!

DPA

Sparkle_DPA
10-31-2013, 06:01 PM
Gree removed the boycott thread. LOL. They seriously must be mad that they lost money. Learn how to market better next time otherwise it will happen again, how does that sound, and yeah i know I will get banned eventually, but why do I not care :o.

(btw good thread cafe.)

gardibolt
10-31-2013, 06:19 PM
How petty of Gree. They can pull threads off the forums but can't be bothered to make the GW run smoothly or answer tickets.

cafedecoy
10-31-2013, 07:07 PM
They can pull threads off the forums but can't be bothered to make the GW run smoothly or answer tickets.

If you remove all the negative comments... it's as if they were never said at all... ;)

cafedecoy
10-31-2013, 07:09 PM
Gree removed the boycott thread. LOL.

It's gone? Really? Awww now I can't call you out if you guys *DO* decide to spend gems.

Oh and thanks :)

LionRyan
11-01-2013, 04:30 AM
How petty of Gree. They can pull threads off the forums but can't be bothered to make the GW run smoothly or answer tickets.

Agreed with your comments

Dasher18
11-01-2013, 06:27 AM
Aww cafe you actually think we will spend :P?

Miyabi
11-01-2013, 06:36 AM
Nice slide~
We are new contender in this war~ lv58 guild with 30members~ so pardon us if we didnt shoot some rocket points, but we definately will be cruising for #3!
Good luck too all guilds trying to squeeze in top10!

koreen79
11-01-2013, 06:50 AM
woot nice slide... :cool:

GGArmani
11-01-2013, 06:57 AM
Pride of Konoha :)

cafedecoy
11-01-2013, 08:00 AM
Aww cafe you actually think we will spend :P?

No, I don't think so. You convinced me. :D But I can still imagine let my mind wander, right? :)

cafedecoy
11-01-2013, 08:05 AM
Just a FYI, the RR has now surpassed the 15 million point mark.

as a comparison, #1 android guild is Majestic at ~4.5 million points.

I now know that the scoring system is different for the two platforms, but still. A big gap is a big gap, yes?

I'll be posting new slides later today. Happy warring folks!

Eunuchorn
11-01-2013, 09:02 AM

Soooo related.

gardibolt
11-01-2013, 10:00 AM
Soooo related.

You add so much to every discussion, Eunuch.

Dasher18
11-01-2013, 10:25 AM
Eunu always needs to add input c'mon ;)! Ahh Konoha guild, it should be interesting next war then! Finally a challenge for 3rd.

busteroaf
11-01-2013, 10:47 AM
Eunu always needs to add input c'mon ;)! Ahh Konoha guild, it should be interesting next war then! Finally a challenge for 3rd.

Aww, thats cute. For third. Cause I'd want to pay for that for sure!

Dasher18
11-01-2013, 10:55 AM
Mhmm. It is! 'm glad you decided to take notice, former player. Lol

Eunuchorn
11-01-2013, 11:03 AM
You add so much to every discussion, Eunuch.

What's there to add?

A forum moderator clicks a button when you break a rule. They have nothing to do with answering tickets or programming.

Dude is whining about two things that have nothing to do with each other.

Zyntree
11-01-2013, 11:14 AM
Love this thread. Thanks for all the data collection cafe. On the graph for the first time :) what what!

cafedecoy
11-01-2013, 11:40 AM
Love this thread. Thanks for all the data collection cafe. On the graph for the first time :) what what!

Yes, you are "on the radar" as they say. Congratulations :)
Hey, I'm just kinda curious if you don't mind me asking. What is the typical activity in your guild... like how many players are typically active during a war? Do you have gem spending requirements, etc? :)

Bluntman
11-01-2013, 11:52 AM
Yes, you are "on the radar" as they say. Congratulations :)
Hey, I'm just kinda curious if you don't mind me asking. What is the typical activity in your guild... like how many players are typically active during a war? Do you have gem spending requirements, etc? :)
Typically we have 10-15 active for each battle with about 15 light gem spenders and a few bigger spenders...For the next war we are trying to get a few more gemmers. In hopes to make top10

Dasher18
11-01-2013, 01:58 PM
You know it's a bad war when 10th place only has close to 3m pts. For obvious reasons. Next war would be at most doubled for 10th. Glad to see many people cut back on spending besides some of the obvious guilds.

cafedecoy
11-01-2013, 03:39 PM
NEW UPDATES EVERYONE!!! Check out the first post on this thread for the new link!!!!

shawnk
11-01-2013, 04:16 PM
this op lol. he is one funny guy. More power to u. Loved the read

Eunuchorn
11-01-2013, 04:56 PM
Isn't ribbon A reward BF+? RR considered going for 11th place.

Bluntman
11-01-2013, 05:26 PM
Isn't ribbon A reward BF+? RR considered going for 11th place.
Lol ill gladly accept my BF+ and 500k but we could trade rewards :P

Miyabi
11-01-2013, 08:02 PM

Nothing to challenge about, we are low lvl guild with less element bonus and 30players~ we are sooo noob.
But can reach about what u guys did in 4 days war with current 3 days war.. Hmmmmm

Sparkle_DPA
11-01-2013, 08:12 PM
Miyabi, that was probably the dumbest thing I have ever read... you should delete it. I wont even explain why its dumb, figure it out. Stop with this crap -.- I dont want any oppositions

(btw shippuden is the best)

Eunuchorn
11-01-2013, 08:20 PM
Nothing to challenge about, we are low lvl guild with less element bonus and 30players~ we are sooo noob.
But can reach about what u guys did in 4 days war with current 3 days war.. Hmmmmm

I've always liked Miyabi's forum presence, but this is a rather ignorant understanding of how gem refills work. The guild stats themselves really have nothing to do with potential point gain.

Miyabi
11-01-2013, 08:59 PM
I've always liked Miyabi's forum presence, but this is a rather ignorant understanding of how gem refills work. The guild stats themselves really have nothing to do with potential point gain.

Where's the love <3

Miyabi
11-01-2013, 09:02 PM
Miyabi, that was probably the dumbest thing I have ever read... you should delete it. I wont even explain why its dumb, figure it out. Stop with this crap -.- I dont want any oppositions

(btw shippuden is the best)

More dumb is when ppl claim they are ios number 3 guild, when cents are number 2, nobody post in LINE chat or forum to claim they are ios number 2 guild.

Mr Spock
11-01-2013, 09:12 PM
Aww, thats cute. For third. Cause I'd want to pay for that for sure!

Yawn another exciting buster read...

Sparkle_DPA
11-01-2013, 09:28 PM
More dumb is when ppl claim they are ios number 3 guild, when cents are number 2, nobody post in LINE chat or forum to claim they are ios number 2 guild.

Again, another stupid quote that I will screenshot and save onto my computer because its pretty funny.

busteroaf
11-01-2013, 09:28 PM
Yawn another exciting buster read...

Shocking. Another mind blowing Spock post.

See what I did there?

taylor1993
11-02-2013, 07:09 AM

You obviously can't interpret graphs well. Take a look at graph 4 of Cafe's expertly presented information. At no point in time within the first 48 hours have you gained more points then we did last war. To that point, your also two million points lower than we were at the end of last war with six hours remaining. Better get to work if your going to keep talking such a big game.

template
11-02-2013, 08:40 AM
So much drama! Why can't we all get along?

Eunuchorn
11-02-2013, 08:54 AM
So much drama! Why can't we all get along?
This ain't nothing.

Ziploc claiming to have an alt in RR that he spends on, waiting to get HC & boot half my team right before war.
Thats drama.

Ziploc having screenshots directly from my main guild chat, which we were able to link to a specific player, a fairly respected member of the community, who adamantly claims he's been set up/photoshopped by Ziploc or Lord Ash
That's drama.

Said player wasn't set up. He & a friend came in on Ziplocs order to spy on us, leak info, but score 4-500k points in guild war over a widely considered useless mono just to earn my trust. Both players will be leaving of their own accord after the accusations & unwelcome feelings, assuredly never joining Touch out of newly inspired hate. Dude could still be the mole for all I know.
Drama

Ziploc begging the one guy to leave Touch in 3 wars for RR to be his inside man & offering him RL money to spy on us & screw us over?
Drama.

Despite all the drama, Ziploc just can't seem to weasel his way into first. Poor guy.

I could probably continue, but were about to frenzy with Konoha & show them what #1 does.

busteroaf
11-02-2013, 09:21 AM
This ain't nothing.

Ziploc claiming to have an alt in RR that he spends on, waiting to get HC & boot half my team right before war.
Thats drama.

Ziploc having screenshots directly from my main guild chat, which we were able to link to a specific player, a fairly respected member of the community, who adamantly claims he's been set up/photoshopped by Ziploc or Lord Ash
That's drama.

Said player wasn't set up. He & a friend came in on Ziplocs order to spy on us, leak info, but score 4-500k points in guild war over a widely considered useless mono just to earn my trust. Both players will be leaving of tier own accord after the accusations & unwelcome feelings, assuredly never joining Touch out of newly inspired hate. Dude could still be the mole for all I know.
Drama

Ziploc begging the one guy to leave Touch in 3 wars for RR to be his inside man & offering him RL money to spy on us & screw us over?
Drama.

I could probably continue, but were about to frenzy with Konoha & show them what #1 does.

Despite all the drama, Ziploc just can't seem to weasel his way into first. Poor guy.

So what you're saying is...

http://troll.me/images/futurama-fry/not-sure-if-pathetic-or-forever-alone.jpg

???

Lifesavorz
11-02-2013, 09:26 AM
Ok Buster, that one was funny :) Wow so Ziploc tries to sabatoge you guys? Thats low...

Dasher18
11-02-2013, 10:15 AM
Buster that was the best response picture post I've seen in a while xD

Eunuchorn
11-02-2013, 10:29 AM
I will use this venue to apologize to Konoha guild, I went into the frenzy with full armor, I did not expect that their GM would be wearing all basic armors. I had just written this post & was very worked up, it didn't occur to me that I was preventing them from farming me during the frenzy.
Believe me Konoha guild, I would do everything in my absolute power to help you overtake Untouchables on Leaderboards. It was regrettably bad timing & a lack of thinking on my part. I am sorry & I will make it up to you.

cafedecoy
11-02-2013, 10:48 AM
At no point in time within the first 48 hours have you gained more points then we did last war. To that point, your also two million points lower than we were at the end of last war with six hours remaining. Better get I work if your going to keep talking such a big game.

LOL numbers don't lie ya'll :)

Mr Spock
11-02-2013, 11:14 AM
Shocking. Another mind blowing Spock post.

See what I did there?

I think your statements have more impact when u start with "yawn" ... :)

Tachy
11-02-2013, 11:35 AM
http://i.imgur.com/2Wo8FED.png

Luthienwind
11-02-2013, 12:20 PM
I will use this venue to apologize to Konoha guild, I went into the frenzy with full armor, I did not expect that their GM would be wearing all basic armors. I had just written this post & was very worked up, it didn't occur to me that I was preventing them from farming me during the frenzy.
Believe me Konoha guild, I would do everything in my absolute power to help you overtake Untouchables on Leaderboards. It was regrettably bad timing & a lack of thinking on my part. I am sorry & I will make it up to you.

We didn't mention that we going to overtake Untouchables and if we intend to do, we have already done. Actually, there is not need to apologize to us, it clearly show that u need to wear back ur armors to win us. If u didn't, I doubt RR will win. Hmmm, I am more of a gentleman and I forgive u.

Sparkle_DPA
11-02-2013, 12:22 PM
Gonna bump this thread cause i feel like it by saying: Tachy the fishhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Matty Cash
11-02-2013, 12:43 PM
You sir are paranoid. Its a game.

This ain't nothing.

Thats drama.

That's drama.

Said player wasn't set up. He & a friend came in on Ziplocs order to spy on us, leak info, but score 4-500k points in guild war over a widely considered useless mono just to earn my trust. Both players will be leaving of their own accord after the accusations & unwelcome feelings, assuredly never joining Touch out of newly inspired hate. Dude could still be the mole for all I know.
Drama

Drama.

Tachy
11-02-2013, 12:54 PM
You sir are paranoid. Its a game.

He's really not, Zip is just that sad.

taylor1993
11-02-2013, 01:17 PM
LOL numbers don't lie ya'll :)

Lol your thread has gotten a little derailed. :P anyways, dats da truth.

taylor1993
11-02-2013, 01:21 PM
In other news, konoha still 1m behind DPA total from last war for ending total. Going to need a really strong battle to pull that off.

Miyabi
11-02-2013, 01:36 PM
1 day = 24hrs..
3 day = 72hrs..
4 day = 96hrs...
/facepalm... Numbers....

cafedecoy
11-02-2013, 01:49 PM
Lol your thread has gotten a little derailed. :P anyways, dats da truth.

LOL a bit of guild to guild taunting is expected... and entertaining. Come back about an hour after the war ends and I'll have a comprehensive final update!

Great war everyone!!!!

Tachy
11-02-2013, 01:52 PM
LOL a bit of guild to guild taunting is expected... and entertaining. Come back about an hour after the war ends and I'll have a comprehensive final update!

Great war everyone!!!!

Thanks for all the time you put into this

taylor1993
11-02-2013, 02:12 PM
1 day = 24hrs..
3 day = 72hrs..
4 day = 96hrs...
/facepalm... Numbers....

Thank you?.... Like I said look at the graph of the first 48 at no point were you earning more points then us...your total is really of no concern. I'm just pointing out if you guys could make it to 11m. The graph shows us outpacing you through the first two days and the only reason we stopped at 11m was because we had no competition for third. I can predict that Cafe's next update will show our steady decrease in points gained till we eventually plaeteu around the 72-80 hour mark making your statement invalid. We will see. That's only a prediction.

Facepalm....learn to interpet graphs before you try and start an argument. They can give you a lot of info.

BethMo
11-02-2013, 02:26 PM
For anyone who'd like a slightly different view, I've posted my graphs in the thread
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?73238-(iOS)-War-of-the-Wicked-graphs

LionRyan
11-02-2013, 04:03 PM
Thank you?.... Like I said look at the graph of the first 48 at no point were you earning more points then us...your total is really of no concern. I'm just pointing out if you guys could make it to 11m. The graph shows us outpacing you through the first two days and the only reason we stopped at 11m was because we had no competition for third. I can predict that Cafe's next update will show our steady decrease in points gained till we eventually plaeteu around the 72-80 hour mark making your statement invalid. We will see. That's only a prediction.

Facepalm....learn to interpet graphs before you try and start an argument. They can give you a lot of info.

Try to understand basic numbers 1st before you move on to graphs. i.e. Difference between a 30 Men Guild and whatever amount of members DPA had. Enough Said. Kudos to DPA for meaning what they say on the boycott.

Sparkle_DPA
11-02-2013, 04:17 PM
Can we just stop arguing please :P. Bumping the thread again because cafe put a lot of hard work into this.

Eunuchorn
11-02-2013, 04:26 PM
We didn't mention that we going to overtake Untouchables and if we intend to do, we have already done. Actually, there is not need to apologize to us, it clearly show that u need to wear back ur armors to win us. If u didn't, I doubt RR will win. Hmmm, I am more of a gentleman and I forgive u.

I am not worthy of your forgiveness! You are not only a gentleman, but a scholar. As for next war, may GM stripping be a thing of the past & good luck!

cafedecoy
11-02-2013, 05:12 PM
The final results are posted. Find the new link at the first post of this thread!!!

Great war everyone!!!!

cafedecoy
11-02-2013, 05:29 PM
Can we just stop arguing please :P. Bumping the thread again because cafe put a lot of hard work into this.

Aww thank you Sparkle. You are cool.

cafedecoy
11-02-2013, 06:32 PM
Thanks for all the time you put into this

glad you enjoyed it! :)

taylor1993
11-02-2013, 06:49 PM
Cafe the numbers you provided at the end are brilliant. I can't believe you took all the time to break down that information. Very much appreciated. Amazing work.

cafedecoy
11-02-2013, 08:35 PM
Cafe the numbers you provided at the end are brilliant. I can't believe you took all the time to break down that information. Very much appreciated. Amazing work.

Thanks, this is fun for me as it satisfies the curiosities I have. Here's another interesting tidbit comparison for those of you who predicted that this war might be a "dud":

LAST WAR:
Total point sum of top 10 guilds: 126.5 million points, or 31.6M a day
Total point sum of top 30 guilds: 174.8 million points (ranks 11-30 sum: 48.3 million), 43.7 M a day

THIS WAR:
Total point sum of top 10 guilds: 83.6 million points, or 27.9M a day
Total point sum of top 30 guilds: 117.4 million points (ranks 11-20 sum: 33.8 million), or 39.1 M a day

Yes, the last war was 4 days long as opposed to 3 (hence the mention of points rate per day), but consider also that this war gave us a 30% discount on gem packages, as opposed to the usual 20%. So yes, there are a handful of evidence that point the finger at how the enthusiasm for this war is less than before! (is it significant? Well, that depends on your point of view)

In a nutshell: GREE is not exactly laughing to the bank, but they're not crying either. How about a small grin followed by a small sigh of relief?

Luthienwind
11-03-2013, 01:19 AM
I am not worthy of your forgiveness! You are not only a gentleman, but a scholar. As for next war, may GM stripping be a thing of the past & good luck!

Thanks for your good wish, =) and let's meet again in war. Thanks to all members in Konoha also, well done.

Dasher18
11-03-2013, 07:51 AM
Great thread Cafe! Amazing job as usual! I hope you can provide us something as elaborate as this next war :D

cy-kd
11-04-2013, 06:47 AM
Amazing. +1

sawoo
11-04-2013, 07:13 AM
Thanks, this is fun for me as it satisfies the curiosities I have. Here's another interesting tidbit comparison for those of you who predicted that this war might be a "dud":

LAST WAR:
Total point sum of top 10 guilds: 126.5 million points, or 31.6M a day
Total point sum of top 30 guilds: 174.8 million points (ranks 11-30 sum: 48.3 million), 43.7 M a day

THIS WAR:
Total point sum of top 10 guilds: 83.6 million points, or 27.9M a day
Total point sum of top 30 guilds: 117.4 million points (ranks 11-20 sum: 33.8 million), or 39.1 M a day

Yes, the last war was 4 days long as opposed to 3 (hence the mention of points rate per day), but consider also that this war gave us a 30% discount on gem packages, as opposed to the usual 20%. So yes, there are a handful of evidence that point the finger at how the enthusiasm for this war is less than before! (is it significant? Well, that depends on your point of view)

In a nutshell: GREE is not exactly laughing to the bank, but they're not crying either. How about a small grin followed by a small sigh of relief?

Really nice work! :p

Mr Spock
11-04-2013, 11:45 AM
You have a gift...thanks so much for the clarity and honest, objective insight you bought to us. Your diagnosis as to the cost deltas between the wars, was an extra credit effort that I frankly believe, is better than this site deserves, U have raised the overall quality of this site immensely!

cafedecoy
11-04-2013, 06:08 PM
Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it :) BethMo also has graciously shared the data from war #2 with me so I'll be playing with those too!

KayOrzz
11-04-2013, 09:07 PM

Respect :)

template
11-04-2013, 09:43 PM
Its always fun reading your analysis, great work.

swtmix
11-06-2013, 05:52 PM
great thread cafe! - excluding comments after. Thanks for an interesting analysis, even after the GW has ended
Cheers :)