PDA

View Full Version : Would you pay a purchase price upfront to play MW?

People's Front of Judea G
10-29-2013, 06:44 PM
The forums are full of moaning about how Gee chase profits before customer satisfaction. Im all for capitalism, the developers need to eat too you know. No pay, no game to play. However, is there another way they could have done this to produce a more balanced game and still make money? A simple question: If Gree charged a price to buy the program from the App Store rather than release it for free, then enabled gold/units/buildings to be earned the slow way or bought the fast way in App, would you buy it? How much would you pay?

CroftyB
10-29-2013, 06:47 PM
The forums are full of moaning about how Gee chase profits before customer satisfaction. Im all for capitalism, the developers need to eat too you know. No pay, no game to play. However, is there another way they could have done this to produce a more balanced game and still make money? A simple question: If Gree charged a price to buy the program from the App Store rather than release it for free, then enabled gold/units/buildings to be earned the slow way or bought the fast way in App, would you buy it? How much would you pay?

Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole until things were a "little" more consistent.
Agree, all businesses need to make a profit, but not at the expense of the customer base satisfaction, which as you say, is clearly on a downturn :)

candyson
10-29-2013, 07:44 PM
I want a cheeseburger to give to my goat while I play my free MW

Full metal jacket
10-29-2013, 08:04 PM
Friendly bump

Wai
10-29-2013, 08:08 PM
I have spent many thousands of dollars. Would I have initially spent that much or even a small percentage of it before downloading. No of course not.

Thats not the business plan. Player addiction is with consumer churn.

Norseman
10-30-2013, 05:59 AM

Capitalism doesn't need to be the driving force in a game like this. It could just as well be run by a foundation, funded its players. The trouble is that it is almost impossible to coordinate this. So one ends up with an overpriced theoretical public good.

Agent Orange
10-30-2013, 06:17 AM
Kind of late to do this now, I suggested a paid up front version of Modern War nearly 2 years ago.

Btw if this is a serious poll why put in stupid responses?

warrends
10-30-2013, 06:53 AM
Knowing what I know now about ALL of GREE's games, not just No, but HELL NO!!! I wouldn't spend real money for a garbage product. And that is what GREE has turned these games into. Unfortunately the "new generation" doesn't yet know this. They will learn the hard way, just like all of us long timers did.

10-30-2013, 09:02 AM
Who said it was a serious poll? And it is possible to have multiple answers if you want a free game with a goat and cheeseburger ;-)

Agent Orange
10-30-2013, 10:37 AM
Who said it was a serious poll? And it is possible to have multiple answers if you want a free game with a goat and cheeseburger ;-)

Fantastic, welcome to my ignore list!

10-30-2013, 11:48 AM
And yet orange, you didn't ........ ;-)

General Lee Wasted
10-30-2013, 12:16 PM
If there was an up front cost, Gree would need to give more of a finished product. QC would need to have a much higher importance at Gree. Its a completely different model.

Master Baeder
10-30-2013, 10:23 PM
For Captain Fatt

10-31-2013, 05:59 AM
Hey! How is the Fattmeister??

dispohero
10-31-2013, 09:32 AM
had it been a paid app, they would have made waaaaayyy less off me than they have because i never would have played it in the first place. i rarely ever buy apps just to check them out, but it happens all the time with free ones.