PDA

View Full Version : Ideas on how to Improve the Boss Event:

Thief
10-29-2013, 01:40 PM
As most of you know i've been tracking the boss Events in Modern War for over 1.5 years now. During Mexico however we saw a dramatic change in how the boss event was being deployed. Before this had happened i had already been advocating a change in having more tiers but with the most Recent changes i felt like we needed more than just additional Boss Tiers. (Some argued to get rid of Tiers altogether)

As it stands LLP's can easily defeat 100 Bosses and Those from the top 3 and some from the top 10 who have the VERY high stats already can get "X" amount into the boss without spending gold and then probably only have to spend Half a vault to a vault to make it all the way. What its doing however is squeezing out the "Middle" players who play this game. Those who have spent a few hundred or even couple thousand dollars who don't have the means or the capacity to get all 100 bosses done without dropping $300-500 on one event.

In the past this has always been the case past lvl 151 but it started out with Tiered prizes back in the day and then they started to award final prizes that were raw stat wise equivalant of getting top 25-50 in WD events (without a modifer). It was reasonably scaled so yes new players could make it very far but at the same time it wasn't very expensive for the average player either.

So now we have a situation where the middle players are being completely squeezed out and quitting now that they have spent all this money and are being confronted with players who can catch up to them for free.

In the end there needs to be lots of changes to the boss event:

My reccomendation is to make it Tiered prizes again.

5-25 40k Unit (+ Modifiers)
26-50 50k Unit (+ Modifiers)
51-75 60k Unit (+ Modifiers)
76-100 70k Unit (+Modifiers)
101-150 80k Unit (+Modifers)
151-200 90k Unit (+Modifiers)
201-250 100k Unit (+Modifiers)
251-300 110k Unit (+Modifiers)

Now the modifiers would stay the same and as you can see the units would get better as a player moves up in the ranks. The difference being is first and foremost this allows for a better spread of boss difficulty. Secondly it rewards the Top Tier players better than the bottom tier with Raw Stat numbers.

The crazy Wrench? A player can pay 250 gold to move down 1 Tier for that boss event only. Players can also choose to play 1 level more difficult than their current Tier (For Free as i'm sure they will be paying gold to get further) but do so at their own risk and must decide before defeating boss 1. Once they choose that tier they can't move back during the event.

Obviously lvl 251 would stay the same at 330 Million for boss 100 and then it would scale back at each tier.

5-25 10 Million
26-50 35 Million
51-75 70 Million
76-100 100 Million
101-150 150 Million
151-200 250 Million
201-250 300 Million
251-300 330 Million

*The numbers on this could be adjusted but to give you a "reasonable" idea.
-----------------------

Anyways that was my first pass on how to potentially improve the Boss event. Please note i tried to take multiple factors into consideration on what would be Considered "Fair" but at the same time make Gree Money (lets be honest that is the only way it can happen). Let me know your thoughts on what you think needs to be improved not for yourself but for the game.

Thief
10-29-2013, 01:43 PM
The second part for Faction Section is to have the Kills Carry over (not the same as counted over as they did from the first event)

At the very least they should start at 600 and count down if they are not going to carry over.

Dutchie
10-29-2013, 01:50 PM
I admire your tenacity Thief and throwing ideas out there for them to improve the game. Let's hope they listen but sadly I won't be holding my breath.

RMSwarrior
10-29-2013, 01:55 PM
I think you have came with a very nice idea. Hope people read this and consider this idea.

Dutchie
10-29-2013, 01:58 PM
Let it go...Gree is laying people off...the game is dying...any money spent forboss, trinkets and impotence is beyond silly.Impotence... LOL

Thief
10-29-2013, 02:07 PM
Let it go...Gree is laying people off...the game is dying...any money spent for
boss, trinkets and impotence is beyond silly.

That is certainly your opinion.

Personally i've seen Gree Kill a game before (Monster Quest) and Modern War hasn't taken that same road yet (although we do have our share of problems) i think it can be improved and Gree is still implementing new things to the game (for better or sometimes worse). If you don't want to spend money on Entertainment that is certainly your call but i would suggest that you don't call people names that don't share your beliefs.

swag
10-29-2013, 02:22 PM
The second part for Faction Section is to have the Kills Carry over (not the same as counted over as they did from the first event)

At the very least they should start at 600 and count down if they are not going to carry over.

300 day one, 650 day 2, 1050 day3 etc... Kills from previous days count?

candyson
10-29-2013, 02:25 PM
I like this, except that tier 1 would need more health, if you could just pay 250 gold and easily get a 40k stats unit+ mods.

Thief
10-29-2013, 02:29 PM
I like this, except that tier 1 would need more health, if you could just pay 250 gold and easily get a 40k stats unit+ mods.

You could only do that if you were level 50 or lower. Although there might be some tweaking needed at the end of the day there will never be a perfect system as you still want to make it attractive to new players. (Also 250 gold for gree is better than 0 gold)

Perhaps they could build a clause to where you can't drop into the first tier however?

lemonhaze
10-29-2013, 03:01 PM
nice thread..would be great if gree listens..they actaully took up mcdocs ideal about single player rewards so maybe they will listen to this..

Thief
10-30-2013, 08:01 AM
Would love to hear other Suggestions as well.

Brizzol
10-30-2013, 08:21 AM
Some good ideas I guess. I enjoyed starting again with a LLP to enjoy the benefits of easier tiers I don't believe anything needs to change except maybe tiers based on your attack/defence.

Thief
10-30-2013, 01:31 PM
Some good ideas I guess. I enjoyed starting again with a LLP to enjoy the benefits of easier tiers I don't believe anything needs to change except maybe tiers based on your attack/defence.

Nothing Wrong with playing an LLP. I have been playing for almost 2 year mark now and would certainly do things differently if i had the choice.

I'm curious as to how you think the Tiers should work off attack/Defesne stats?

I would assume that you would think the prizes would need to be tiered as well then?

Zulfiqaar
10-30-2013, 02:42 PM
Id like the boss time to be reduced to 1 hour, and the health halved/hits doubled
it would save me time...if i wanted to get to boss 95 i cannot simply due to time constraints..
And as everything is still in proportion the gold purchase will be similar to before

i personally dont like the idea of two hours of mw...again and again and again each boss kill

lemonhaze
10-30-2013, 03:24 PM
Id like the boss time to be reduced to 1 hour, and the health halved/hits doubled
it would save me time...if i wanted to get to boss 95 i cannot simply due to time constraints..
And as everything is still in proportion the gold purchase will be similar to before

i personally dont like the idea of two hours of mw...again and again and again each boss kill i also wish they would cut it all in half and only do 1hr instead of 2..it gets boreing after boss 85 ever 2hrs bc it takes that up for me

Beamer
10-30-2013, 03:27 PM
I would argue that what you have listed still wouldn't be enough health except for maybe the 151 and up tiers as you have 101-150 tier I would still destroy all 100 bosses with 0 gold and I'm sure there are many out there that can. Although I'm not sure what you could do because increasing health only means fewer will achieve without spending more and I doubt many people go for the boss when 2+ vaults are needed to complete. I guess maybe that's where the being able to declare what tier you want to fight would help. Not only would declaring which tier you want to face help you as an individual but it could help tremendously with the faction kills if say half of you moved down to destroy the boss in the lower tier. Sure it will cost gold to move down but that's what's needed to keepcthis game going no money coming in means no game.

John 719166364
10-30-2013, 04:05 PM
I applaud the idea but as with all things in life I think the simpler you make things the easier to manage and the easier for all to understand and ultimately the more enjoyable the game will be. Easiest thing to do is eliminate the tiers all together, create 200 bosses, heck create 1000 bosses, the harder to defeat the boss and thus the better the reward. My guess is you will actually generate more revenues since mid level, light gold, players like myself (L198, 760K/1.12M) will actually spend some money to get to that next level boss since we won't feel that it is rigged against us. Currently I and many others in my boat that I know get to level 35-40 and just stop, we save our gold for the WD events because we ultimately know that thier tiers have it rigged against us.

Brizzol
10-30-2013, 08:25 PM
Nothing Wrong with playing an LLP. I have been playing for almost 2 year mark now and would certainly do things differently if i had the choice.

I'm curious as to how you think the Tiers should work off attack/Defesne stats?

I would assume that you would think the prizes would need to be tiered as well then?

I guess that would work to have tiers of prizes based off the players level and boss difficulty based on players attack although I don't see an issue rewarding low level players the same units as the big guys. There just needs to be balance for average and long term players, so they aren't left in the dust. Just my thoughts but currently enjoying the easy boss ride on a LLP