PDA

View Full Version : I think I have MW and Gree figured out

thundarr
10-28-2013, 07:55 PM
After reading the quote from the CEO of Gree International. I think I have it figured out. Take a game MW for example and keep ratcheting up the money needed and if players drop out there are new ones to take their places when it starts to trend down make new games and introduce existing ones like MW, CC and others into new markets. They don't care about us, its all about REVENUE and keeping us hooked as long as possible and when we quit who cares. It sounds like a sound business model, so why is the stock trading at an all time low? There are non game players (institutional investors) that know far more about business then we ever will.

candyson
10-28-2013, 07:57 PM
It's at an all time low, because they're trying to fund more than their big money making games.
What's next? Guilds in their bingo game?

Wayne-Metal
10-28-2013, 08:16 PM
I might be the only one to feel this way but could you quit making threads about this kind if stuff? Really if you "figured" GREE out and don't think it's worth playing anymore, quit. It's as simple as that. You don't have to lecture us about what they are doing, it's a game and people spend tons of money on it because they can they want to feel superior in their lives and maybe a game is the best way to do that so who cares the quality of the game? We've known all along GREEs game is make money and that's what it always will be. The only way to win is quit

thundarr
10-28-2013, 08:37 PM
No one is forcing you to read my threads. If you don't like them don't read them. I am just quoting magazine articles for those that are interested in something besides blindly throwing money at this game.

Wayne-Metal
10-28-2013, 08:46 PM
Right now I feel like in real life you "fight the man". Well GREE is the man and well you're the stoned hippie. Have fun on your quest to change our minds about an online game.

thundarr
10-29-2013, 04:40 AM
Right now I feel like in real life you "fight the man". Well GREE is the man and well you're the stoned hippie. Have fun on your quest to change our minds about an online game.

With all due respect I am far from a "stoned hippie". I run a chain of retail businesses. I am interested in other businesses and business models and was pointing out some of my observations about Gree.

Drakhoan
10-29-2013, 04:57 AM
Post whatever you want, the moderaters decide if your post is appropriate... not a member.

Make money is the name of the game and Gree has that down pat. Only way this game will continue is if someone that cares about the customer base purchases the game and does what needs to be done. When a business takes all its focus to the bottom line and forgets they are providing a service it does so at the cost of the customer and ultimately their own. You know this since you operate "a chain of retail businesses".

thundarr
10-29-2013, 05:23 AM
Post whatever you want, the moderaters decide if your post is appropriate... not a member.

Make money is the name of the game and Gree has that down pat. Only way this game will continue is if someone that cares about the customer base purchases the game and does what needs to be done. When a business takes all its focus to the bottom line and forgets they are providing a service it does so at the cost of the customer and ultimately their own. You know this since you operate "a chain of retail businesses".

You are absolutely right. Customer satisfaction is our top priority. I could raise prices and increase my bottom line but in the end that would be suicide. I actually spend time meeting customers face to face. They are not handles on an anonymous chat board or players that I never see.

HGF69
10-29-2013, 05:57 AM
Interestingly I spoke to a former Gree employee who kinda backs up the OP. Everything that the game involves developers are asked to incorporate maximum profit 'programming for profit'. Some of what he said they were told to do was quite shocking.

Dutchie
10-29-2013, 05:58 AM
You are absolutely right. Customer satisfaction is our top priority. I could raise prices and increase my bottom line but in the end that would be suicide. I actually spend time meeting customers face to face. They are not handles on an anonymous chat board or players that I never see.An entertainment business developing games is a different animal to a chain of retail stores. GREE's only touch point with their customers is through support tickets and this forum. They never meet their customers face to face or very rarely do they, such as through gaming expos. Bottom line is that GREE seems to be a very dysfunctional organisation which usually happens when a company acquires other businesses. They will come on these forums to listen but decisions are made based on revenues not gaming experience. So long they get new or existing customers to part with their money, they will continue to roll with it. Once gamers have had enough and move on, they will look to other new games in their portfolio to see if they can entice players to play their other games. If you don't like it, vote with your feet and move onto another game not made by GREE. There are plenty of choices out there!

Dutchie
10-29-2013, 06:02 AM
Interestingly I spoke to a former Gree employee who kinda backs up the OP. Everything that the game involves developers are asked to incorporate maximum profit 'programming for profit'. Some of what he said they were told to do was quite shocking.That doesn't surprise me at all, but GREE aren't the only unscrupulous gaming company out there making freemium games that rip people off. Like I said before, this freemium gaming model lends itself to this type of behaviour! It is simply a con, nothing more, nothing less...

Turks
10-29-2013, 06:31 AM
There are only really 3 solutions:

1) Accept that its the nature of the beast and just enjoy playing the game as a free player
2) Buy lots of gold and become the very powerful
3) Organize a mass gold boycott. If you can get enough people to not buy gold over the course of a war then Gree might actually take some notice.

warrends
10-29-2013, 06:35 AM
I think thundarr touched on the "problem": They literally don't give a crap about us. They have a great idea for a game (and in this I am serious --- their ideas are phenomenal), they then design it in a "just OK" fashion, they then implement it (code it) in the most fantastically horridly bad way you can imagine (bugs, etc.), add to the game design, but to so in such a way that it begins to ruin the game (stat inflation, ridiculous events, making events that USED to be fun not so anymore), more bad coding, and then the end of the game (which we haven't yet seen but I''l bet MW is on its way out within a year or two. This is why they have 5-6 games out that, as I say, are pretty much all the same thing but in different costumes. The company's entire existence is based upon the hope that even if we long-timers just leave, there's an entirely new generation that will try this game AND the others. But the new generation will learn too.

But there are problems.

- The other games are just as buggy as this, from what I have seen (KA and CC; I only downloaded DR to get the loot for CC and then uninstalled; why bother with more crap games??).

- The others are pretty much the same game.

- It's a poor business model. If they are out for a quick buck over just a few years then they have it pegged. GREE will go under, their developers will have to find new jobs, and the owners will start from scratch under a new title.

- It's just wrong. Ethically. Morally. In so many ways. They are rooking their customers (both free and paying) and their own employees.

There are many gaming companies who struggle to develop their products, but really and truly try to reach out to the customers to see what they want, what they don't want, what works and doesn't, keep the bugs to a minimum, and actually try to make their products enjoyable and workable. GREE doesn't. They are the anti-Christ of the gaming world. And they seem fine with it. So I'm absolutely gold-free and have been for several months (after the France leaderboard fiasco). And I'll continue to play but not pay. But as I tell my factionmates, it's them that keep me in the game. They are great; I'd actually love to meet some of them someday. But the games are on the verge of just plain sucking.

Agent Orange
10-29-2013, 06:36 AM
Interestingly I spoke to a former Gree employee who kinda backs up the OP. Everything that the game involves developers are asked to incorporate maximum profit 'programming for profit'. Some of what he said they were told to do was quite shocking.

I would think that every game of the type is designed in this fashion.

Agent Orange
10-29-2013, 06:45 AM
I think thundarr touched on the "problem": They literally don't give a crap about us. They have a great idea for a game (and in this I am serious --- their ideas are phenomenal), they then design it in a "just OK" fashion, they then implement it (code it) in the most fantastically horridly bad way you can imagine (bugs, etc.), add to the game design, but to so in such a way that it begins to ruin the game (stat inflation, ridiculous events, making events that USED to be fun not so anymore), more bad coding, and then the end of the game (which we haven't yet seen but I''l bet MW is on its way out within a year or two. This is why they have 5-6 games out that, as I say, are pretty much all the same thing but in different costumes. The company's entire existence is based upon the hope that even if we long-timers just leave, there's an entirely new generation that will try this game AND the others. But the new generation will learn too.

But there are problems.

- The other games are just as buggy as this, from what I have seen (KA and CC; I only downloaded DR to get the loot for CC and then uninstalled; why bother with more crap games??).

- The others are pretty much the same game.

- It's a poor business model. If they are out for a quick buck over just a few years then they have it pegged. GREE will go under, their developers will have to find new jobs, and the owners will start from scratch under a new title.

- It's just wrong. Ethically. Morally. In so many ways. They are rooking their customers (both free and paying) and their own employees.

There are many gaming companies who struggle to develop their products, but really and truly try to reach out to the customers to see what they want, what they don't want, what works and doesn't, keep the bugs to a minimum, and actually try to make their products enjoyable and workable. GREE doesn't. They are the anti-Christ of the gaming world. And they seem fine with it. So I'm absolutely gold-free and have been for several months (after the France leaderboard fiasco). And I'll continue to play but not pay. But as I tell my factionmates, it's them that keep me in the game. They are great; I'd actually love to meet some of them someday. But the games are on the verge of just plain sucking.

If there was a way to attach sound to my post you would be hearing thunderous applause!

Basically the MW engine was used to spin off KA and MQ. War of Nations was probably a spin on something else. Most likely the reason why I delete the others since they was not enough of a difference or originality to keep them.

I personally don't understand why we as customers should expect that poor quality, bugs, and other problems should be considered acceptable. I hesitate to target customer service because I suspect you got a handful of underappreciated and overworked people trying to cope with an overwhelming flow of problems. Perhaps they should force the programmers to sit at a CSR desk once a week so they can get a feel for the high level of frustration/issues that CSR is dealing with.

I also don't begrudge the company making a profit but the disconnect between the company and it's customers is quite substantial.

CroftyB
10-29-2013, 05:56 PM
It's very easy.....simple go and complain to google or apple. The more complaints the more they investigate.
Anyone need contact details send me a PM.

I've simply had enough of this unscrupulous corp. taking the pee out of its customer base and doing something about it.

A gold boycott would be ideal Turks....but reading other threads, peeps (I would use condescending words but will refrain) are still spending massively even though things are way off from being right!