PDA

View Full Version : Well... these matches were sure fun

Powerbang
10-28-2013, 10:43 AM
GREE decided they didnt want us to score any points in our final 2 days of matches. Literally every other game is against a top 20 team where scoring is impossible.

Finally had everyone on for the final push... and drew SUP (again) for the last battle.

Awesome.

Hitting the command center is so much fun... nice game you clowns have here.

Powerbang
10-28-2013, 10:44 AM
Cost us a tier... oh well. We tried.

Powerbang
10-28-2013, 12:17 PM
Hah. I just looked back and we got blanked in 4 of our last 5 matches... 3 top 10 teams. This seems appropriate lol.

Ivan the Dictator
10-28-2013, 12:24 PM
we're top 1200 faction and we got matched up with several 750 factions. but yeah against sup sucks

hooker gal
10-28-2013, 12:56 PM
Since you decided to completely occupy my wknd with double wars I will speak of crime city & modern war match up here. This is ridiculous. There must be some top secret formula for deciding match- ups. Obviously the team in charge of that dropped the ball. And as if its not a big enough kick in the ***** that we are matched up against factions/syndicates that well out rank us. Some of us were delt a constant hand of lose when we should have won, aka "The Gree Special" served cold with seconds and fifths for everyone. Now I think we all know the standard answer given here. We have all recieved that general response in a support email response (completly unrelated to the topic at hand) telling us that pvp/batttles are won by a combination of factors. Well fyi I do not need a math degree, calculator, or even a pencil to know that if my attack is 100k above my rivals defense I Win... seriously what gives? One example: I lost twice to a rivial 100k below me and only 726 units to my 2000. hmmmm Gree special... And yes I have plenty of strong against units.

Did I enjoy this weekend lets see.... double wars, poor matchups, and a huge non-stop serving of the Gree special... what do you think?

baddog_to
10-28-2013, 12:57 PM
Same here. Our faction is top 1200 and we got matched against 4 top 500 teams and last night against Ferr's team FareWell. Guys got 12.5M def - was probably more boring for him. We managed top 1000 this time, could have been top 750 but for Sunday's disaster.

Asto
10-28-2013, 01:03 PM
We were 322 in France and in Mexico we ranked inside the top 1000 and were 100k off top 750, says it all really

Bndawgs
10-28-2013, 01:04 PM
I didn't get quite as many of the gree specials this time around with the unfair losses. matchups were still terrible. I'd love to know the formula for winning 50 Wins and 12 in a row.

Asto
10-28-2013, 01:12 PM
I didn't get quite as many of the gree specials this time around with the unfair losses. matchups were still terrible. I'd love to know the formula for winning 50 Wins and 12 in a row.
Simple, spend £10,000 a month, and there you have it, gree will love you forever

droffatsto50
10-28-2013, 01:14 PM
Must have been lucky or something but out of the 52 battles we did only about 4-5 were really quite difficult to hit. We have had our second best war in our faction, placing roughly about 430th

Powerbang
10-28-2013, 01:26 PM
We finished at #62, and that was with almost half our battles spent pounding the command center.

We were #39 this morning and drew a bunch of tough factions down the stretch... SUP-2, SUP-3, SOC Elite, Sealteam-6, Templar Knights to name a few.

We thought Top 50 was in the bag... didn't realize we would be scoring our last points with 4 hours to go in the war.

Blue_Flames
10-28-2013, 01:40 PM
We missed top 150 by 11,000 points and that could have easily been avoided if we hadn't drawn SUP 1 midway through the war.... But we move on. That 11,000 could have come from a single player being more active or all of us getting just 212 more points over the stretch of the war. Complaining won't change anything. We are focusing on the best finish we've ever had.

Revenge/Skidz
10-28-2013, 01:48 PM
My faction got the benefit of quite good match ups this war. Admittedly we are far from a powerhouse faction but we make up for our comparatively low numbers with great attendance and commendable teamwork. Finished 22-1 and inside the top 1000. All of our match ups were fairly close in world points and we were quite fortunate to have things that way.

Arc Burn
10-28-2013, 02:09 PM
To all of those complaining. Did you have any matches where you simply destroyed someone? Most Likely. Unless you are a VERY top tier faction there is going to be someone that can beat you. So right after you got "destroyed by a top 10" you likely did the exact same thing to another faction. I know we faced several factions we out classed, yet also faced several in the top 10ish (3 different SUP teams, TBC, The Unsullied to name a few). We lost those and yes, at times had no targets. BUT its part of the game. And for every "unfair" match we had there was at least one perfect pairing that had both teams hitting until the last second. Adapt, change your strategy, set different goals. If that is too much to ask quit and find something else to do with your time. And Please don't come on here and let us know you quit. If we aren't in your faction, most likely we don't care that you are gone....

ploop
10-28-2013, 02:25 PM
we are usually a top 400 faction, and came in top 750 or 1000, we went like 3-30 or so and everything is falling apart. @#% gree

rar
10-28-2013, 02:27 PM
Very well said, we are a top 150 team and we got SUP2 on Sunday, but we also got some easy wins and some evenly matched teams. its just the way it is.

To all of those complaining. Did you have any matches where you simply destroyed someone? Most Likely. Unless you are a VERY top tier faction there is going to be someone that can beat you. So right after you got "destroyed by a top 10" you likely did the exact same thing to another faction. I know we faced several factions we out classed, yet also faced several in the top 10ish (3 different SUP teams, TBC, The Unsullied to name a few). We lost those and yes, at times had no targets. BUT its part of the game. And for every "unfair" match we had there was at least one perfect pairing that had both teams hitting until the last second. Adapt, change your strategy, set different goals. If that is too much to ask quit and find something else to do with your time. And Please don't come on here and let us know you quit. If we aren't in your faction, most likely we don't care that you are gone....

VSH
10-28-2013, 02:28 PM
Hey, Arc Burn

There are literally dozens of people commenting on several threads how bad the matching system is at the minute, and has been since the last war. But you still come on here basically saying get on with it, get over it, blah, blah, blah.

You seem to be missing the point entirely. No one is complaining about losing. No one is complaining that they come up against a tougher team as such. What everyone is moaning about is the matching system that is pairing teams with a massive difference in stats and WD points, and with such a widely disproportionate gulf in placing.

I've commented on other threads, Top50 teams don't want to fight Top10 teams. Top250 teams don't want to fight Top50 teams, and so on, and so on. But when you get a Top1000 pulling a Top50 or Top100, that's just total BS.

free play
10-28-2013, 03:21 PM
Hey, Arc Burn, I got to ask....

Are you sucking GREE's cock or bending over and spreading your cheeks ?

There are literally dozens of people commenting on several threads how bad the matching system is at the minute, and has been since the last war. But you still come on here basically saying get on with it, get over it, blah, blah, blah.

You seem to be missing the point entirely. No one is complaining about losing. No one is complaining that they come up against a tougher team as such. What everyone is moaning about is the matching system that is pairing teams with a massive difference in stats and WD points, and with such a widely disproportionate gulf in placing.

I've commented on other threads, Top50 teams don't want to fight Top10 teams. Top250 teams don't want to fight Top50 teams, and so on, and so on. But when you get a Top1000 pulling a Top50 or Top100, that's just total BS.

So if you think we should just get over it, maybe you should just quit, and don't bother telling US about it either. Because we simply won't care!

totally agree, I don't mind loosing but give us a chance, 35 lost and 30 of those were against factions that were 400 to 500 places ahead of us, after our last fight we had 700k, the match up on that fight had 2.4 mil points, how's that fair, 750 against 250 or there abouts. you would expect to go against any one with in 100 places of your position, either side, not 500 ahead of you,

mreilly
10-28-2013, 03:27 PM

So if you think we should just get over it, maybe you should just quit, and don't bother telling US about it either. Because we simply won't care!

You're an idiot. Arc made a valid point that we all had really easy match ups but all we hear about are the ones that people hated. I am in 2 factions and the gf in one. I was watching all 3. My one faction complained and freaked out about losses and poor match ups yet i thought it was more about the lack of participation. The match ups my one faction was complaining about would have been easy as heck with my other faction even though we had same number of guys, same boosts and ranked similar all past wars.

Sure the match ups need work but from what i've seen its also about a lack of coordination\participation and strategy.

Arc Burn
10-28-2013, 03:39 PM

I do not plan on quitting. Yes, there are flaws in this game. I get it. As you mentioned there are many of these threads stating this. Don't feel like digging up the thread but someone mentioned that this unfair matching is a direct link to people complaining about wait times. Sounds logical enough. To have perfectly matched teams it could take quite a long time for appropriate teams to both be in queue.

VSH- your posts usually don't suck as bad as the previous. No, I am not pleasuring Gree in any way. I have my issues with their flaws as well. Seems you missed my point. Think about the causes of these matchups...now think of a way to fix it. Other issues present themselves. It is an imperfect ever changing game that the majority of us enjoy on some level or another. Being irate on a thread is, in a word, unproductive. At least state you are will to accept the consequences of perfect matching - long waits, possibly facing the same team over and over etc. One thread is plenty to air out the displeasure of a certain aspect of the game.

I actually didn't intend to get anyone worked up. Missed my mark there. Oh well. My point was we all deal with the same issues, so let's move on. Again, that clearly failed so I'm gonna have a beer and leave the forums be for the evening. Maybe tomorrow there will be useful or at least entertaining threads to read.

VSH
10-28-2013, 03:52 PM
You're an idiot. Arc made a valid point that we all had really easy match ups but all we hear about are the ones that people hated. I am in 2 factions and the gf in one. I was watching all 3. My one faction complained and freaked out about losses and poor match ups yet i thought it was more about the lack of participation. The match ups my one faction was complaining about would have been easy as heck with my other faction even though we had same number of guys, same boosts and ranked similar all past wars.

Sure the match ups need work but from what i've seen its also about a lack of coordination\participation and strategy.

Yes, I'm an idiot at times. I say things I don't really mean and then regret it afterwards. I will edit said post and PM the offended, my bad.

But I disagree completely with your assertion of the point at hand. No amount of extra participation would have helped with some of our match ups, they were too widely unbalanced. Ask any member of B.A.F. About their last battle for France, they'll laugh. You refer to the easy wins as well. Truthfully can't recall too many of those, and if there were one or two I wasn't party to, they were certainly outweighed by the gross mismatches.

mreilly
10-28-2013, 03:57 PM
Yes, I'm an idiot at times. I say things I don't really mean and then regret it afterwards. I will edit said post and PM the offended, my bad.

But I disagree completely with your assertion of the point at hand. No amount of extra participation would have helped with some of our match ups, they were too widely unbalanced. Ask any member of B.A.F. About their last battle for France, they'll laugh. You refer to the easy wins as well. Truthfully can't recall too many of those, and if there were one or two I wasn't party to, they were certainly outweighed by the gross mismatches.

Where's your post complaining about your easy wins that came without much of a fight? It goes both ways... wahwah wahhhhhh. My one faction has complainers like you.. crying constantly over bad match ups when in reality there's more to it.

VSH
10-28-2013, 04:10 PM
Did you not actually read my last message. I don't recall any easy wins, that's the point!

As you are obviously such an expert in the matching system please feel free to explain to me and everyone else why the last couple of wars have sucked from a matching perspective.

Powerbang
10-28-2013, 08:20 PM
Yeah we got 2 teams in the last 2 days that were top 250. We kicked the pants off them because we HAD to to score and catch up from the a $$ kicking we were being handed by top 5 factions lol.

Mostly we got teams that were not unreasonable. I have no issues fighting a top 25 and getting pounded here and there... but we got 2 crappy teams to beat up on in two days and drew 4 top 15 teams in the last 5 games. Kind of sucked.

A final push for rank is pretty difficult against SUP2.

Luuzer
10-29-2013, 12:09 AM
we had atleast 5 matches where none of our members could win anyone on enemy faction. So just hitting command center. Atleast others got to score over 10x more than we did ;) but it was the WORST war ever, and I've been in all wars since they started :mad:

Einszwei
10-29-2013, 01:23 AM
we faced several I touch badgers teams, all top 100 on saturday and sunday we managed 5 wins in the entire war due to this BS my llp faction got the 35 win streak for doing jack sh!t and scoring I don't know 10k?? my hlp 25k+ i dont know a bunch of sh!t prizes and no stat gain?

Einszwei
10-29-2013, 01:25 AM
Yeah we got 2 teams in the last 2 days that were top 250. We kicked the pants off them because we HAD to to score and catch up from the a $$ kicking we were being handed by top 5 factions lol.

Mostly we got teams that were not unreasonable. I have no issues fighting a top 25 and getting pounded here and there... but we got 2 crappy teams to beat up on in two days and drew 4 top 15 teams in the last 5 games. Kind of sucked.

A final push for rank is pretty difficult against SUP2.

chill I took 1000 losses even though Im level 121 with over a million def

Einszwei
10-29-2013, 01:26 AM
chill I took 1000 losses even though Im level 121 with over a million def

Also I happened to be killed by those LLP's in those top 50 groups such as Mgurt etc