PDA

View Full Version : Alternatives to MW - what game are you leaving for?

HGF69
10-28-2013, 05:14 AM
Just wondered where everyone is going to - another game or just hanging up hat forever?

If there's a cheaper and fairer multiplayer game out there I'd like to hear suggestions I may 54 people interested.

SPWD
10-28-2013, 05:17 AM
Good question and I want to know the answer but I bet this gets locked!

Steve

MaroonMonsoon
10-28-2013, 05:19 AM
Castle clash is pretty entertaining

Blade of 3
10-28-2013, 06:23 AM
Castle clash is pretty entertaining need a game that isn't freemium.

Roborhino
10-28-2013, 06:28 AM
Game of life - and getting it back..

Stacey
10-28-2013, 06:43 AM
I second that. Although a free game would be nice.

CJ D
10-28-2013, 07:25 AM
Clash of clans seems pretty cool.

Twist of Cain
10-28-2013, 07:27 AM
After these latest screw-ups I am thinking about giving pong a look see.

DocLo
10-28-2013, 07:43 AM
Dragon Realms is fun...

rookstar
10-28-2013, 09:36 AM
Clash of the clans

Ghost-12
10-28-2013, 10:00 AM
Farmville! :) I hear its pretty good for people who want to retire and just layback plowing and going all out
on tractors :p

warrends
10-28-2013, 10:15 AM
I'm more of a PC gamer. World of Tanks (WOT: worldoftanks.com)cannot be beat. Drive around in a WWII-era tank and shoot your opponents. Pretty PC resource intensive, but if you have a gaming PC it is the best game around. I've been playing it for over 2 years. So has my son.

Seriously thinking of leaving MW and my absolutely awesome top 150-250-ish faction. I'm a killer in CC, because I learned the hard way in both MW and then a bit in KA that you SHOULD NOT FOLLOW THE GAME'S QUESTS!!!!! They do nothing but level you up prematurely. Who makes a game like that??

GREE has absolutely brilliant ideas on gaming, but their game design and implementation cannot be worse. I repeat: they CANNOT be worse. I've never seen the kind of garbage we get in MW. Events appearing and suddenly disappearing. HUGE UNITS suddenly appearing and disappearing (remember the 100K+ unit that popped up surprisingly at the start of Mexico? Some got it, some didn't, some kept it, some didn't). It's just amazing at how bad this product is, when the IDEA behind the product is so amazingly fantastic.

So I'm thinking seriously of just going back to driving my tanks. I'm good at that. And bugs? Complaints in the WOT forums, as in any game, but nothing like this garbage.

leeroy
10-28-2013, 10:28 AM
I left today, sold all my Buildings and donated it to the team. the free player is being driven out by Gree with its continous Goals that require tons of Gold.
Good Luck all

mreilly
10-28-2013, 10:32 AM
If your not american there is Beyond the Dead. Its the zombie game by gree... For whatever reason its not released everywhere yet.

BF4 is where ill be for a while...

Brizzol
10-28-2013, 10:35 AM
Not leaving this game myself but Kabam games are fairly good. They do require gems in my opinion but not nowhere near the amount this game requires. Kingdoms of Camelot is what I play give it a shot.

thundarr
10-28-2013, 10:49 AM
I am trying C of C and so far so good. I was attacked and I won by having some good defensive units. You can playback the attack and watch what happened. I am sticking to building up my base and gold and elixir. I have spent $20 so far for extra builders that really sped things up. I downloaded 2 guides to help. I had a shield for 3 days but now I am trying it without. 1 more hour of MW and I am done forever. Its kind of ironic that I found C of C after seeing ads for it on MW at least 25 times.

jrb22250
10-28-2013, 11:36 AM
Crimebloc.com

Mafia style game. Just rest so everyone is equal,,,,FOR NOW

Blawson
10-28-2013, 12:07 PM
Try battle nations. If you do get on it send me a pm here and I'll add you to our guild

MagnusDux
10-28-2013, 12:11 PM
Chess or Solitaire is pretty cool too

warrends
10-28-2013, 12:32 PM
Anyone know of any non-MMO-type phone games where you still have to think and strategize but time makes no difference; you can play all day if you want, or leave your character/base/whatever alone for weeks but nothing bad will happen (raids, attacks, etc.). I'm looking for something that makes you think, you have to balance things like perhaps an economy, a military, politics, etc. Basically something like The Sims but ... for adults. I want a relaxing game, not something that I HAVE to come back to a dozen times every day.

General_Anesthesia
10-28-2013, 01:25 PM
After these latest screw-ups I am thinking about giving pong a look see.

Pull out your old Atari! At least the rules of pong don't change every time you play!!!

Sith Lady
10-28-2013, 01:27 PM
Anyone know of any non-MMO-type phone games where you still have to think and strategize but time makes no difference; you can play all day if you want, or leave your character/base/whatever alone for weeks but nothing bad will happen (raids, attacks, etc.). I'm looking for something that makes you think, you have to balance things like perhaps an economy, a military, politics, etc. Basically something like The Sims but ... for adults. I want a relaxing game, not something that I HAVE to come back to a dozen times every day.
Thats all I want, please let me know if you find this game! I am retiring from MW today. It was a great ride, but its no longer fun. If you think about your account as an investment, thats the worst investment you can possibly have. It will devalue awfully in a matter of months. Just keep it up while you enjoy the ride. If you don't, just dump it! I just turned to level 100 and I felt that its downhill from here.... Nah I am not making myself a great target to give plenty of WD away. Enough is enough Gree(d)... And no more trolling in the forum. Bye.

Dirty Mind
10-28-2013, 05:01 PM
For the 2 right above looking for a SIMS type game. try SIMS Freeplay. I know its on Android, I would imagine its on ios also. pretty fun game. got addicted to it for awhile. they had missions and goals to do, didnt cost any money. After the frustrations of MW, I would recommend Dead Trigger 2. nothing like killing zombies as a release at the end of the day, but thats not a multi player strategy game.

easierlife
10-28-2013, 05:04 PM
I wonder if they are scrambling at Greed headquarters. They will probably compensate for the loss of revenue by getting rid of a few more employees

Jhenry02
10-28-2013, 05:18 PM
I'm on racing rivals.
It's a drag racing car game.

jorge54
10-28-2013, 05:24 PM
I heard of this great game about a year ago that you get to:
Build a Base:
you have to strategize the right balance between money buildings, military buildings, and defensive buildings
Build an alliance
Raid weaker opponents for their money to buy better units or buildings.

Oh yeah and every now and then there is a boss event where you get to see how many times you can beat a boss.

I wonder what ever happened to that game. I am sorry I can't remember what it was called, but if we can figure it out that would be a good game to start playing.

Erkensang
10-28-2013, 05:26 PM
I play fifa 14 to pass the time

Dirty Mind
10-28-2013, 05:48 PM
Build a Base:
you have to strategize the right balance between money buildings, military buildings, and defensive buildings
Build an alliance

Oh yeah and every now and then there is a boss event where you get to see how many times you can beat a boss.

I wonder what ever happened to that game. I am sorry I can't remember what it was called, but if we can figure it out that would be a good game to start playing.
Post it in here if you remember the name. that sounds like fun. wonder how much it would cost to play?

Jiminy C
10-28-2013, 05:53 PM
Post it in here if you remember the name. that sounds like fun. wonder how much it would cost to play?

I think that he's referring to THIS GAME a year ago, tongue in cheeky.

13 BRAVO
10-28-2013, 06:23 PM
Back to play station black ops for me buy the game and done.

Jhenry02
10-28-2013, 06:31 PM
I'm also playing dead island riptide

Delicious
10-28-2013, 06:43 PM
Ummmm. Cod ghosts. But I'm not quitting mw, it rocks.

Blade of 3
10-28-2013, 07:24 PM
Any game consol game is hardly an alternative to MW if OP is referring to a strategy app. If he is referring to just a game to pass the time, I'm looking forward to Battlefield 4. All of the previous ones were fun and I'm expecting even more from the 4th. Unlike COD that gets worse every year, but not trying to get off topic.

Bios
10-28-2013, 11:37 PM
clash of Clans

vorm
10-28-2013, 11:47 PM
PlayStation 4 - COD Ghost

Coco c
10-29-2013, 12:49 AM
Anyone know of any non-MMO-type phone games where you still have to think and strategize but time makes no difference; you can play all day if you want, or leave your character/base/whatever alone for weeks but nothing bad will happen (raids, attacks, etc.). I'm looking for something that makes you think, you have to balance things like perhaps an economy, a military, politics, etc. Basically something like The Sims but ... for adults. I want a relaxing game, not something that I HAVE to come back to a dozen times every day.This might sound dumb but check out Hay Day.

Luuzer
10-29-2013, 01:16 AM
any economy war strategy?

On PC I played age of empires, age of mythology, rise of nations, empire earth II, heroes of might and magic, dune 2000/emperor battle for dune, settlers 6, settlers 7, sins of solar empire etc a lot. Something similar on ipad where U would have to THINK (balance economy and military) not like pay to win like it is here. Would like to try maybe something new and good.

amir1974
10-29-2013, 01:27 AM
in my iphone i play dragons of atlantis heirs of the dragons , it is mostly a strategy game where u build your own Atlantis , i like it because you must always think about your resources and how to deal with them , troops and how to fetbetter ranking , as in pc i play Crisis 3 , elders scroll also know better as Skyrim , world of warcraft where you can explore a hole fantastic world withreal players around , last one is ok and it's called wartune on facebook , btw if you like the luck and never know whatyou will get try Dragon City

Einszwei
10-29-2013, 01:39 AM
Just wondered where everyone is going to - another game or just hanging up hat forever?

If there's a cheaper and fairer multiplayer game out there I'd like to hear suggestions I may 54 people interested.

Black ops 2 or COD ghosts

Serious F
10-29-2013, 01:40 AM
Well...just make sure it isn't a gree related game.
They simply don't deserve to get our money anymore. They constantly add things the customer doesn't want or even rejected as they were asked for an opinion

Einszwei
10-29-2013, 01:40 AM
PlayStation 4 - COD Ghost

I suggested that! BO2 as well and GTA5

carl9764
10-29-2013, 02:38 AM
COD Ghost and Battlefiled 4

CroftyB
10-29-2013, 06:12 PM

+++++++1 :)

CroftyB
10-29-2013, 06:50 PM
Pull out your old Atari! At least the rules of pong don't change every time you play!!!

Reminiscing now :D ahhhh the good ol' days!

warrends
10-30-2013, 12:35 PM
any economy war strategy?

On PC I played age of empires, age of mythology, rise of nations, empire earth II, heroes of might and magic, dune 2000/emperor battle for dune, settlers 6, settlers 7, sins of solar empire etc a lot. Something similar on ipad where U would have to THINK (balance economy and military) not like pay to win like it is here. Would like to try maybe something new and good.

^^^This. But for the iPhone. I used to play all of the Age of ... games. Even knew the company owner a long time ago. Great games. Make you think. Do not require 24/7 attention. And are not crap GREE code. Read: They work.

Per amir1974, I'll give Dragons of Atlantis a look. Thanks for that suggestion.

warrends
10-30-2013, 12:36 PM
Build a Base:
Build an alliance

And this I might actually quote in my sig line. It is that good.

Ferr
10-30-2013, 01:11 PM
I have decided to go back to online poker. Much cheaper and rewarding at times.
Yours,

Baller
10-30-2013, 02:06 PM
COD GHOST, get at me if u want competition..clan battle? Better then fvf..lol..plus u can trash talk for fun and they can hear u..lol

crazeejay
10-30-2013, 02:44 PM
Going back to enjoying my everyday life and spending my money on real stuff not stats!

Dirty Mind
10-30-2013, 02:51 PM
I think that he's referring to THIS GAME a year ago, tongue in cheeky.

Epic Facepalm. :rolleyes:

Exxtraterrestrial
10-30-2013, 04:50 PM

I already left for Sims Freeplay, and Asphalt 8 - Airborne.
That's IT.

Exxtraterrestrial
10-30-2013, 04:55 PM
For the 2 right above looking for a SIMS type game. try SIMS Freeplay. I know its on Android, I would imagine its on ios also. pretty fun game. got addicted to it for awhile. they had missions and goals to do, didnt cost any money. After the frustrations of MW, I would recommend Dead Trigger 2. nothing like killing zombies as a release at the end of the day, but thats not a multi player strategy game.

Sims Freeplay is like THE best game in the world

Skoalrulz
10-30-2013, 07:30 PM
I have been thinking of leaving as well. But I will not leaving to play another tablet game. I will be playing a real game called call of duty: ghosts

candyson
10-30-2013, 07:43 PM
I've heard that Crime City is a fun game ;-)

Ivan the Dictator
10-30-2013, 09:11 PM
Gee-tee-aye fye-vuh on-lyne and cod ghosts, not giving up on modern war though, it's my life. Also, has anyone ever heard of the monster hunter series? If yes, has anyone have any of the games for PSP? It's been a while since I played and want to go back but want to play with someone at least

warrends
11-06-2013, 06:41 AM
Necroing just a little bit.

Found two possibilities that I'm tinkering with:

One is Iron Force. Drive a tank. FPS. Upgrade your tank to make it better/faster/quicker/stronger/etc. I'm a huge fan of tank games (see my earlier post in this thread). It's not perfect by any means. But it passes the time and for me it's fun. I've started a Legion (faction, guild, syndicate ... all the same thing). I have no idea what it does. One of my factionmates has already joined me. We have no idea what it does. But if you play and you become interested enough PM me and I'll give you the info. But we have no idea what it does ...

Second is Megapolis(?). Build a city and balance population, economics, utilities, infrastructure. etc. No raiding or attacking or anything. You're on your own aside from making "friends" who you can send helpful items to or ask them for items you need. So you can walk away for days and not worry about anything. So far I've been playing without bothering to read the help section, so I honestly have no idea what I'm doing. But I have some windmills and water towers and hotels and I built a bridge. One of these days I'll read the help guide and see what I should be doing.

BTW, I'm iOS. Dunno if these are available for Android or not.

phrosty
11-06-2013, 07:44 AM
Necroing just a little bit.

Found two possibilities that I'm tinkering with:

One is Iron Force. Drive a tank. FPS. Upgrade your tank to make it better/faster/quicker/stronger/etc. I'm a huge fan of tank games (see my earlier post in this thread). It's not perfect by any means. But it passes the time and for me it's fun. I've started a Legion (faction, guild, syndicate ... all the same thing). I have no idea what it does. One of my factionmates has already joined me. We have no idea what it does. But if you play and you become interested enough PM me and I'll give you the info. But we have no idea what it does ...

Second is Megapolis(?). Build a city and balance population, economics, utilities, infrastructure. etc. No raiding or attacking or anything. You're on your own aside from making "friends" who you can send helpful items to or ask them for items you need. So you can walk away for days and not worry about anything. So far I've been playing without bothering to read the help section, so I honestly have no idea what I'm doing. But I have some windmills and water towers and hotels and I built a bridge. One of these days I'll read the help guide and see what I should be doing.

BTW, I'm iOS. Dunno if these are available for Android or not.

Warrends bro, I have just started playing both of those they both seem to get the itch of mindless taping from hurting..

Iron force really good game for tablet, save your diamonds for the 100 diamond one..
And the best part is they are free ;)

TBC Ghost
11-06-2013, 08:10 AM
I'm on racing rivals.
It's a drag racing car game.

Awesome game!! But it's not opening for me at this moment. Did the iOS7 update then the game update and bam won't open. But I kick butt in that game! My dart beats most cars lol

warrends
11-08-2013, 05:36 AM
Warrends bro, I have just started playing both of those they both seem to get the itch of mindless taping from hurting..

Iron force really good game for tablet, save your diamonds for the 100 diamond one..
And the best part is they are free ;)

I don't see endless tapping at all. Maybe in Megapolis once I have 100s of houses and hotels and restaurants built. But for now it's about 5 seconds of tapping to collect ... stuff (still haven't read the help info, so still running blindly) and then a few taps here and there to see what the next "missions" are. I'm actually enjoying it. And the music is delightfully soothing ...

Iron Force is just fun. But absolutely no help info anywhere that I can find at all. Googled and find empty Iron Force forums. The in-game tip keeps saying to use scope mode. Still can't figure that out, except that when I hit a scope-looking button on the right it does say something like "Level 5 Turret Required". I'm only up to level 3 turret. So maybe that's scope mode (e.g. sniper mode) but I just can't enable it yet. I got the Draco for 20 gems. That's my current ride. Now saving gems for a bigger tank, like you suggest. I do notice that after dozens of battles my opponents are now much better; very few newbs and so my kill/death ratio is going down quickly. Oh, and I promoted my factionmate in my legion to Administrator. And we still have no idea what that means. Can't even find any in-game comms. So we use our own groupme, which our faction uses anyway, just to chat and give each other tips. If you want to join my legion send me a PM. I'll make you an Administrator too, so long as you promise to try to figure out what the hell it means.

phrosty
11-08-2013, 12:01 PM
I have no clue about the comms, but I have bought enough upgrades for the turret scope upgrade... It pretty much goes into first person with a HUD.. I feel trapped when using it so I don't use it much at all.. Didn't see any gain in dmg or accuracy using..

With megalopolis you should build the houses they tell you and then sell em.. They just take up space and give very little pop growth.. Land is hard to come by and you need the money making, producing bldgs the most at first.. If I knew how to send a friend request in either game I would but both are lacking the one thing in MW I find the most appealing.. The interaction between players..

megaants
11-08-2013, 08:58 PM
reading up megapolis scares me ****less. i feel it will be like another gree game. where you have spend money to complete objective.

i'm looking into eventually playing my town 2 OR my country: build your dream city

I've played battle nation, it get's boring really quickly, because the speed at which you build your city is slow in comparison to the update they bring out. thus forcing you to spend money. The only good thing is the game is very tapjoy friendly and i've gotten so much of the gold, i'm waiting to spend on good units. but it is a very boring game i feel. I stop playing before they realized the friend vs friend system.

As for clash of clan, I feel this is the best game for free player. i've only spend 20 bucks to get the 4th and 5th builder, and constant farming has allowed me to quickly catch up. I'm not at the top top yet, i still need a month or two of upgrades. but after 6 months of playing I am almost at the point where i don't have to be to cautious with the resources I use and can spend my resources freely on crazy attack.

The motivation behind those games is the drive to play the game perfectly. fun comes a bit later unless of course you are rich hahahaa.

JDub
11-08-2013, 10:58 PM
I'm not leaving MW. I still find it fun to play. Probably because of the good friends I have made along the way. Chatting with them on groupme is nearly as fun as the game. Personally if I do buy gold its only a 20 sack each war cycle so I'm not in for much. Considering the enjoyment I get out of it and it helping me kill long nights at work its worked out cheaper then some other options.

That said the other game I play is Battle Beach (android not sure about iOS). Its a Clash of Clans clone. After playing both what I think is better about it IMHO is its not as bad on the battery life, it runs smoother, looks better (again IMHO), and the units you use are like soldiers, tanks, helicopters, and boats to name a few. I have yet to feel the need to spend cash there.

Friendly Fire is a good one too. Same basic concept as BB or CoC but instead of using a sandbox and designing a base you use the streets of your own neighborhood to set up the base. Units attack using the roads. You set up roadblocks, guns, and what not. Its like a cross between a tower defense game and CoC.