PDA

View Full Version : The best LTQ ever: Ruin Modern War

thundarr
10-27-2013, 07:30 AM
We are about to complete the best LTQ ever, ruining modern war. Our beloved Gree has done a masterful job ruining MW without any hope of fixing it. They couldn't have done a better job if they tried. There is no possible way of making it right. Tomorrow after the last WD event, players (including myself) will start leaving in droves. This last WD event was the culmination of weeks of stat inflation. Now a 6 million DL is on the low side. If my faction finds 1 target (out of 60) we are happy and we are a top 50 faction. Gree took a really fun and addicting game and destroyed it. In a way they are helping us and we should be appreciative. We will have more time for our families, our wives and husbands will get more attention and most of all our bank accounts will be fuller. I know it was altruistic on Gree's part to blow up a cash cow like MW but for our good they did and we should be eternally grateful.

ploop
10-27-2013, 07:30 AM
First!!!!!!!!!

Bstreazy
10-27-2013, 07:31 AM
what's the prestige prize?

DaBoss!
10-27-2013, 07:33 AM
Is this LTQ worth the XP...............lol:cool:

candyson
10-27-2013, 07:39 AM
This might be the first LTQ I participate in since they were good.

Agent Orange
10-27-2013, 01:37 PM
Good post Thundarr, stuff like this happens when management is controlled by accountants and not people who understand how to make a fulfilling product. Basically what has happened is the programmers and designers were told to meet specific quotas in terms of cash flow. Since the best way to do this is to keep adding in more fluff and units and hope that folks don't come to their senses. Also doesn't help when top end management is only interested in the bottom line and does not care about their customer base and let's those that have to deal with the irate customers holding the bag.

Basically though it isn't really a matter of greed as much as it takes advantage of some people's vanity. Those that have to win at all costs, if you are the type that opens up your base in the morning and flips out because every building on it has been raided. Then you are the type of person that is playing into the hands of Gree, they want you to get upset and go out and buy a stronger army.

If you open up your base and go, oh that's too bad but who cares, you are not a good customer.

The rather interesting part is, that if everyone gets a particular unit then the tactical advantage of that unit is nullified so it does kind of puzzle me that some players get so excited about something when in fact all the keen players who are most likely in their bracket anyway will also get it and therefore this is of no advantage at all.

Top it off with the fact that long time players have seen the units they have purchased with gold devalued to the point where free units are 10x stronger and you can see how things started to come off the rails.

Sad to see you leave, totally understand it though and perhaps once I really get bored trying to see new ways to play for free and still have fun I'll be heading out the door behind you.

Sumiala
10-27-2013, 02:37 PM
Thundarr and Agent Orange.
You understand it, and are among the few.
I have always played this game 100% free and like it, but only because one by one I have been skipping events.
Now I only play faction events (-PvP tournament) and 10-crate. So no ILTQ's.
And yes, fortunately I am one of those "oh, that s u c k s, but let's get on with the day"...

iZheil9152
10-27-2013, 02:41 PM
First!!!!!!!!!
Just go...far, far away

yan840016765
10-27-2013, 03:47 PM
If you open up your base and go, oh that's too bad but who cares, you are not a good customer.

U are not a good customer, but a smart player~~