PDA

View Full Version : Can a faction member help too much?

JDub
10-26-2013, 07:49 PM
Me and 5 of my friends join a top 120 faction. This faction has placed in the top 150-120 for the past few wars. Me and my friends want to make a good impression in the new faction so we go all out on the war. During the first 24 hours we where at every war. Several of us dropped at least a truck of gold during the wars. The faction held steady in the 50s and for a short while in the 20s. We where dominating. Most of our wars.

The faction leader and a couple other members tell us we are getting too many points and need to stop. Then they suspend all wars for several hours until they felt we dropped enough places. Now we are in the 200s. All our time and gold was for nothing.

Is this really how top factions are run? Are there no factions other then SUP that goes all out? I have been in a lot of factions starting in the 1500s to this 120 faction and as I move to better and better factions I see less and less heart from the members.

If your in a top 100 faction do your guys try hard or just skate by? How high on the list do I need to go to reach a faction that wants to be on or near the top?

dpghost mobile
10-26-2013, 07:53 PM
Me and 5 of my friends join a top 120 faction. This faction has placed in the top 150-120 for the past few wars. Me and my friends want to make a good impression in the new faction so we go all out on the war. During the first 24 hours we where at every war. Several of us dropped at least a truck of gold during the wars. The faction held steady in the 50s and for a short while in the 20s. We where dominating. Most of our wars.

The faction leader and a couple other members tell us we are getting too many points and need to stop. Then they suspend all wars for several hours until they felt we dropped enough places. Now we are in the 200s. All our time and gold was for nothing.

Is this really how top factions are run? Are there no factions other then SUP that goes all out? I have been in a lot of factions starting in the 1500s to this 120 faction and as I move to better and better factions I see less and less heart from the members.

If your in a top 100 faction do your guys try hard or just skate by? How high on the list do I need to go to reach a faction that wants to be on or near the top?

yes indeed JDub, you don't pay attention to the strategy and think all that it is is to score as much as possible.
WRONG!

Yates Jr
10-26-2013, 07:56 PM

Match-ups are based on a variety of factors. Current/Past WDP Score in war, Current/Past Faction Ranking and cumulative A/D of all members are said to have an effect. If you notice during the 1st day, the points for each tier stayed rather low. Factions are winning but not by too large of margins in order to stay low in the rankings and provide what they believe will be better/weaker opponents. Regularly on Sunday and Monday you will see factions go all out to satisfy their rankings goal. For us this is a normal strategy and does seem to help with match-ups. Although when we find a good target we may have a few itchy trigger fingers. ^_^

JDub
10-26-2013, 07:56 PM
So SUP is on top because they don't worry about their score? They just relax and not care about their place?

DaBoss!
10-26-2013, 07:59 PM
This is the only game I know where spending money to get points turns your faction against you.....lol ;)

CroftyB
10-26-2013, 07:59 PM
JDub....if the plan for war is wins, you guys loading up on gold and points has really not helped your faction at all.
You need to find a faction that still go after points position and are not worried about the faction goals ;)

Edit: some factions have a gold ban for the first 24 hrs now, so you are quite lucky they allowed you to spend :)

JDub
10-26-2013, 08:00 PM
Maybe I wasn't clear enough. My faction has no desire to rank higher then they have been in past wars.

CroftyB
10-26-2013, 08:00 PM
This is the only game I know where spending money to get points turns your faction against you.....lol ;)

Hahaha it is now....didn't used to be.

JDub
10-26-2013, 08:22 PM
I guess I just don't get it. If no one is going to try and get to the top then whats the point of playing?

We might as well just all be friends and join one massive faction. Then I can get a camp fire going and we can all smoke pot, sit in a circle, and sing Kumbuyah.

kelvinng
10-26-2013, 08:28 PM
fltq and streak rewards might be better then rank prize, normally 1st 24-48hours most faction will stay low to get the streak reward prize, last 24hours is when people start to push for point

Powerbang
10-26-2013, 08:29 PM
We are currently ranked in the top 25 and NOT going all out...

The point is get to get as favorable of a matchup as possible so that scoring on something other than a command center is possible.

Pay attention to your your team's strategy... it will serve you well.

Perilous
10-26-2013, 08:59 PM
So SUP is on top because they don't worry about their score? They just relax and not care about their place?

Sup will get the streak and necessary wins regardless of how many points they score.

Wayne-Metal
10-26-2013, 10:00 PM
We are currently ranked in the top 25 and NOT going all out...

The point is get to get as favorable of a matchup as possible so that scoring on something other than a command center is possible.

Pay attention to your your team's strategy... it will serve you well.
We faced you guys earlier.. Not a very easy matchup for us considering we are usually top 250

CroftyB
10-26-2013, 10:59 PM
We might as well just all be friends and join one massive faction. Then I can get a camp fire going and we can all smoke pot, sit in a circle, and sing Kumbuyah.

I'm down for that whatever the case :D like your thinking JDub lol

KERMIT.uk
10-27-2013, 02:51 AM
It's all about stratergies and when you join a faction to be part of the team you go along with that statergy. Don't just do your own thing working together gets results...

We are not a top 100 faction but we beat SUP 3 early this morning by strategy we could not even beat any of their players. Last 30 seconds command centre.....

DaBoss!
10-27-2013, 06:22 AM
It's all about stratergies and when you join a faction to be part of the team you go along with that statergy. Don't just do your own thing working together gets results...

We are not a top 100 faction but we beat SUP 3 early this morning by strategy we could not even beat any of their players. Last 30 seconds command centre.....

Now that's something to be proud off!!!!!!!!!!!

Trebor
10-27-2013, 07:02 AM
Jdub fast as you came into faction you can leave just as fast

Dutchie
10-27-2013, 07:32 AM
Nice one Kermit! Great scalp and a feather to add to your cap! Well done!

KERMIT.uk
10-27-2013, 08:03 AM
Yes it's one screen shot that will not get deleted

_s2_
10-27-2013, 10:30 PM
Yes it's one screen shot that will not get deleted

That is for sure K!

Don't think they thought our 20 players online, who couldn't swing a PA win against their lowest defense member, could close the gap. Hopefully Jedi Warriors aren't matched up against them again anytime soon. Don't imagine they were too pleased with us lol.

VSH
10-28-2013, 04:13 AM
Don't think they thought our 20 players online, who couldn't swing a PA win against their lowest defense member, could close the gap. Hopefully Jedi Warriors aren't matched up against them again anytime soon. Don't imagine they were too pleased with us lol.

+++1 - Love it!
Hope you killed their win steak in the high 40's, lol. Reset clock to ZERO like the rest of us lowly chumps....

Drakhoan
10-28-2013, 05:20 AM
Ahh to be a fly on SUP 3 wall...!

free play
10-28-2013, 05:46 AM
Match-ups are based on a variety of factors. Current/Past WDP Score in war, Current/Past Faction Ranking and cumulative A/D of all members are said to have an effect. If you notice during the 1st day, the points for each tier stayed rather low. Factions are winning but not by too large of margins in order to stay low in the rankings and provide what they believe will be better/weaker opponents. Regularly on Sunday and Monday you will see factions go all out to satisfy their rankings goal. For us this is a normal strategy and does seem to help with match-ups. Although when we find a good target we may have a few itchy trigger fingers. ^_^

there's allot of good intel here but not sure if your correct in your theory for match ups, have a look at the response I got from gree

Hello,

Thank you for your message about your World Domination match-ups. The system looks at the following to determine an appropriate rival faction:

--The overall strength of your faction: The sum of your faction's power will be compared to the sum of the other faction's power when looking for potential match-ups.

--The Faction's WD Rank: This is based on how well you are doing in the event.

--How many match-ups you have had with the faction during the event.

As time goes on without a match, the parameters will relax slightly.

Please keep in mind:

-- It can take up to an hour to receive a match after declaring war

--You may not declare war within the last hour of the event

If you have any further questions about the game please let me know.

Regards,
Gracie
Team GREE

VSH
10-28-2013, 06:41 AM
As time goes on without a match, the parameters will relax slightly.

Regards,
Gracie
Team GREE

That's got to be one of the funniest under statements I've read it a while, lol

Our final battle last war (France) was against a Top 50 team, and we ourselves didnt even make Top750. Boy was that a fun battle. Now I know how Gen.Custer felt, or the British army at Rourkes Drift, ha, ha, ha.

And it looks like the fun and games has started even earlier this war. We've just finsihed a battle against a team thats likely pushing Top250 (their finish spot last war), who currently have MORE than double our WD points in this war, wtf GREE.....

free play
10-28-2013, 07:00 AM
That's got to be one of the funniest under statements I've read it a while, lol

Our final battle last war (France) was against a Top 50 team, and we ourselves didnt even make Top750. Boy was that a fun battle. Now I know how Gen.Custer felt, or the British army at Rourkes Drift, ha, ha, ha.

And it looks like the fun and games has started even earlier this war. We've just finsihed a battle against a team thats likely pushing Top250 (their finish spot last war), who currently have MORE than double our WD points in this war, wtf GREE.....

I know, it's happening to every one, don't get me wrong you have to go up against stronger factions but not 750 against 200, if your 750 there's like 150 either side that you could go against and still win or loose, it should be done on rank not strength, what if half your faction are away for the weekend, your screwed then. at least with rank you have a chance and can't make big moves up the board

VSH
10-28-2013, 07:39 AM
I hear ya Free Play, totally get it.

My crowd are completely fed up of the crappy match-ups. And before the trolls move in like vultures on my carcass, I accept that ALMOST everyone is in the same boat (except perhaps the Top3, lol).

The people in the Top50 aren't happy fighting the Top10. the Top100 aren't happy fighting the Top50. The Top250 aren't happy fighting the Top100, and so on, and so on, all the way down to the last guy in the door at 4000.

As you say Free Play, you dont mind squaring off against guys in the same vicinity as you on the leaderboard, but lately the algorithm has gone crazy. And this whole 'relaxed' rules thing is just a joke as attested in my earlier post. I dont mind losing, these things happen, its just a game. But the way GREE stages the match-ups is like getting in the boxing ring as a lightweight to fight a heavyweight, whilst having one hand tied behind your back, boxing shorts pulled around your ankles, and being blindfolded for good measure!

Please GREE sort this out! You're killing the game for us mid-lower level teams, and for the higher teams too...but i dont really care about them anyway (sarcasm....for the trolls circling above...);)

Dutchie
10-29-2013, 03:21 AM
There will be a trade off... Either you wait much longer for a match up or you get matched more quickly but with a harder team some of the times. Either way, people will either complain that the match ups are unfair or they have to wait too long for a match up. So the question is... would you wait for up to an hour then to get a fairer match up? Currently average match up times are around 3-4 mins... Would you be more happy if this was 15 mins, so long you got a fairer match up?

VSH
10-29-2013, 03:39 AM
There will be a trade off... Either you wait much longer for a match up or you get matched more quickly but with a harder team some of the times. Either way, people will either complain that the match ups are unfair or they have to wait too long for a match up. So the question is... would you wait for up to an hour then to get a fairer match up? Currently average match up times are around 3-4 mins... Would you be more happy if this was 15 mins, so long you got a fairer match up?

I know you have been around forever Dutchie, and have an infinately better understanding of MW and its mechanics than I.

Me personally, and I can only speak for my team, would be happy to wait 15 mins for a more appropriate match up. If we knew it would be a 15 minute delay, we would factor that in to our recharge time accordingly. For us lower ranked factions (and I know it is also a problem for everyone as well) the game really is about trying to have fun without spending too much. Thats why we are IN lower ranked factions.

So when we get matched with teams from the Top100/250, etc that are literally 500-750 places higher we are totally done for. The fun disapperas very quick, as does the light gold spending on our part, as their is simply no point. If we wanted to spend gold to hit a CC as is being suggested by some (which I accept is no fun for anyone!), then we would look to join a higher faction where this seems to be the norm.

I know everyone is in the same boat with whatever system is put in place, unless you are SUP 1 or 2 it seems, lol. Finding the happy medium is the 64K trick. It just seems to many at the moment to be a total crap shoot. Sometimes you get a really good one, sometimes you get a really bad one, and occasionally you get a fairly even match.

I think what people would like is LESS of the extreme good and bad, and more of the middle of the road...the happy medium! Just my two cents...;)

Turks
10-29-2013, 03:49 AM
I don't like the streak thing. The wars were much better when it was just an all out scramble to get as many points as possible.

Master Jeigh
10-29-2013, 03:57 AM

In truth, if one could be certain that the pairing would be better with a 15 minute wait, then yes I would wait, with the following determining the actual answer:

1) how many matches over the coarse of the war will you be reduced by not declaring more quickly? There only a finite maximum number of 1 hour matches that can be completed during the time of war, so you are giving up some number of matches and assumably opportunities to score the longer you wait to declare.

2) define "fairer" match. If you are in the top 25 is it fair to get #1 or 2 or 3 place multiple times? If you in top 250 is if fair to face those in the top 100? You certainly cannot expect every match to be against a faction weaker than you are, but we would all likely agree it is fairer if say you are matched with a faction within 10% of your faction's gross att/def points.

If everyone is unhappy, how can that be possible? Every match one faction will win and assumably be happy with the match, or at least neutral about it. Many of us feel the matches have been terrible, I certainly agree, but from GREEs godlike standpoint, it likely appears that there is a reasonable balance so they don't want to bother making their algorithm any more complex than it is.