PDA

View Full Version : The end of MW and goodbye and good luck to everyone

thundarr
10-26-2013, 05:28 PM
I don't know about the rest of you but my faction, a top 50 last war, has really taken a hiatus. Our best player who had 2.5 million points last war has 31K now. The game is done, this WD event with the insane stat inflation has put the icing on the cake. DL's with 6-8 million, every player 2 million+, no targets. Why play, whats the point? Another inflated unit to add to your inflated stats. I knew the game was trending down but now its trended off a cliff. I suspect gold sales are off double digits and heads will be a rolling after this debacle. I doubt we will ever know the real story of why the game was ruined for the sake of higher profits but no players spending no money = no profit. Good luck and best wishes to everyone. It was fun while it lasted but all things must come to an end and this game will be sorely missed. Goodbye everyone and peace be with you. Hopefully our paths will cross in the future.

Bndawgs
10-26-2013, 05:32 PM
Gree will still make plenty this war with people spending their hearts out in hopes of getting that unit that gree teased us with. which was probably on purpose.

but it is good to see total points are down. I can only hope gold sales are as well

pick_sax
10-26-2013, 05:49 PM
True, but they won't be making it from me!

Gree will still make plenty this war with people spending their hearts out in hopes of getting that unit that gree teased us with. which was probably on purpose.

but it is good to see total points are down. I can only hope gold sales are as well

DOG-GONE
10-26-2013, 06:38 PM
Thundarr, I'm with you! The game has change and not for the better. I have work my a$$ for over a year to build my stats up to see players surpass me with a new account in one month .. Wtf Gree.

Mr T/S/X
10-26-2013, 06:49 PM
I don't mind changes to the game, but the rate at which the recent changes to the game have been made and also the impact to a player's stats because of them is just been too extreme. From all the scouting I am doing in battles, seeing so many 1m+ defenses - which is just crazy.

Also, if the faction is going to be so much more important to the game now to do all of these faction events, they need better tools in the game to manage that too.

Player ranking and donation totals are meaningless as players come and go in a faction, so if I am really going to track player performance, I still need to keep a record outside of the game on like a weekly basis. Same with recruitment and mergers. Ideally you can share more information in game so players and factions can make better decisions in the game. We shouldn't have to go the forum to do this effectively.

Time to consider retirement.

ash.dew
10-26-2013, 06:54 PM
I was already done a month back! And this game has got all nonsense now. It was supposed to be a strategic game but the noobs running this company are strategy less. Glad I'm almost quitting job on right time else I'd have been spending crazy here. Happy to be a free player.

Pro
10-26-2013, 07:23 PM
AGREED..
Gree has killed the game, my faction usually fighting for top 250 are sitting in about 2500..The stat infaltion was the finishing touch by the dumbasses at gree.

ffp
10-26-2013, 09:04 PM
I believe you will be joined by many people.

candyson
10-26-2013, 09:14 PM
I'm quitting my faction after this war.
No reason to keep playing competitively.

CroftyB
10-26-2013, 11:01 PM

Many many people :D followed by many many consumer relation issues and a few investigations via Apple and others :D

HGF69
10-27-2013, 12:04 AM
I'm ready for hanging up my heart. If not now its coming soon.

domigod
10-27-2013, 12:54 AM
I left a top 25 faction of many wars about 3 wars back. Joined a top 750 faction and just played for fun. I was spending $500+ a month on the game in order to get the 2,500 bonus gold. But that stopped 3 months ago. Its much more fun now being a freebie player, and my WD points have dropped from 200k+ to about 25-30k.

Its a shame the way Ive seen the game ruined, Ive played for a couple of years now, and have a 2-3m attack defence. When the factions started I thought it was great, but instead of developing the community and strategic side of the game which could have resulted in player retention and growth, the management instead took another route. I can't help thinking that this would not have happened if GREE had not bought Funzio. Check out Gree Inc. financials over the last 12 months and you can see the massive fall from the year before.

WI(AusNz)
10-27-2013, 03:34 AM
I don't know about the rest of you but my faction, a top 50 last war, has really taken a hiatus. Our best player who had 2.5 million points last war has 31K now. The game is done, this WD event with the insane stat inflation has put the icing on the cake. DL's with 6-8 million, every player 2 million+, no targets. Why play, whats the point? Another inflated unit to add to your inflated stats. I knew the game was trending down but now its trended off a cliff. I suspect gold sales are off double digits and heads will be a rolling after this debacle. I doubt we will ever know the real story of why the game was ruined for the sake of higher profits but no players spending no money = no profit. Good luck and best wishes to everyone. It was fun while it lasted but all things must come to an end and this game will be sorely missed. Goodbye everyone and peace be with you. Hopefully our paths will cross in the future.

Not just for high level players such as yourself. My stats are a modest 1.4/1.9 so my total power is around 3.3mil

How frustrating it is to find guys with 1.1mil defence (probably around 2mil power overall) and still LOOSE!

How is it fair that someone with 3.3mil power looses with someone around 2mil power?

Why would anyone try to improve their stats? I am starting to believe the doomsayers that this game is loosing the plot. Either you going to spend $1000 or nothing.

There is no room for "light gold" in this game anymore.

ploop
10-27-2013, 04:12 AM
we are usually a top 400 faction, but are sitting at 752, we keep going up against factions stronger and higher up in rank then us. we are 2-17 because of this. they are TOO strong and it's hard to get points with everybody at 1million defense to my 658k attack

carl9764
10-27-2013, 09:12 AM
I'm ready for hanging up my heart. If not now its coming soon.

Hi mate I know how you feel same here fed up with trying to attack people with 2mil or over defence and all the cock ups

Agent Orange
10-27-2013, 01:36 PM
Sorry to see you go Thundarr, enjoyed reading your posts.

warrends
10-28-2013, 10:30 AM

Yes wq. He very well may.

goldacre84
10-29-2013, 09:34 AM
losers. on the flip side, plenty of players are now reaping the benefits of being in a higher action. What fun would it be if every faction remained in the same bracket every war? Change and fluctuation is goooood! ;)

Vegaman
10-29-2013, 09:49 AM
I've left and comeback twice. Others likewise (FERR for one).. If you wanna go.. GO! ...

If you really want to break free of the addiction, cash in your base and donate to your faction. Delete the app and don't come back for 28 days. After 28 days the addiction is broken.

Those like myself who didn't do this are back. Saying that i'm having fun so what the heck. Enjoy and stop moaning.

mistergreen
10-29-2013, 10:37 AM
I spent zero gold this time around. I'm done with gold.

leeroy
10-29-2013, 10:58 AM
Me and my friend sold all our Buildings and quit our top 150 Faction.

I woke up today and instantly didnt have to grab my phone to collect money or do some team event.
This was a really nice feeling.
I know a few other players quit as well, Gree has created such a stat imbalance the game is fast becoming a joke.
Good luck to all that remain. But tho its only been 24 hours i can already tell its the best decision i have made in a while.

Lou Sir
10-29-2013, 11:12 AM
Me and my friend sold all our Buildings and quit our top 150 Faction.

I woke up today and instantly didnt have to grab my phone to collect money or do some team event.
This was a really nice feeling.
I know a few other players quit as well, Gree has created such a stat imbalance the game is fast becoming a joke.
Good luck to all that remain. But tho its only been 24 hours i can already tell its the best decision i have made in a while.

Oh u are still here. Still look up for what going on with Gree

Luuzer
10-29-2013, 11:34 AM
today another good friend told me that he will retire and leave his faction, he is in top faction with both of his accounts :(

hood1976
10-29-2013, 11:57 AM
Correct me if I am wrong...

The changes that have been made aren't just for lowbie's but the big guys as well. So the units all the lower guys got, the big guys got them as well. So, The Gaps weren't closed any. The % units being handed out everywhere, everyone got. Hence it created a larger gap between the big boys and the weaklings. All the crazy users that made the choice to do the high experience LTQ's just set themselves up for being a target during the war for good points.. Alot of people are high level with okay stats and have targets on their backs. Yes Gree has made some mistakes but the principle is still the same. The main thing that has changed is people complaining cause it's not how they want it. If you really think about it, the gaps between stats are the same it just sucks if you missed out on the glitches.

Have a good one guys, not looking for bashing, just wanted to share that thought.

thundarr
10-29-2013, 12:17 PM
Correct me if I am wrong...

The changes that have been made aren't just for lowbie's but the big guys as well. So the units all the lower guys got, the big guys got them as well. So, The Gaps weren't closed any. The % units being handed out everywhere, everyone got. Hence it created a larger gap between the big boys and the weaklings. All the crazy users that made the choice to do the high experience LTQ's just set themselves up for being a target during the war for good points.. Alot of people are high level with okay stats and have targets on their backs. Yes Gree has made some mistakes but the principle is still the same. The main thing that has changed is people complaining cause it's not how they want it. If you really think about it, the gaps between stats are the same it just sucks if you missed out on the glitches.

Have a good one guys, not looking for bashing, just wanted to share that thought.

You are wrong because the boss event is impossible for those over level 150. Last war it handed out 200K worth of units for those who could complete 100 bosses. So those under level 150 are getting massive bonuses that are unavailable to those over 150 unless they want to spend $500 dollars (real money).

Dutchie
10-29-2013, 01:06 PM
You are wrong because the boss event is impossible for those over level 150. Last war it handed out 200K worth of units for those who could complete 100 bosses. So those under level 150 are getting massive bonuses that are unavailable to those over 150 unless they want to spend $500 dollars (real money). That is exactly what GREE want you to do and there are players out there that will spend that kind of money. If the revenues earned from the event does not meet their required targets, they will change it to bring back revenues in line with their predictions. If those decisions alienate certain groups of high level players, they are enticing you to start again with big prizes to quickly raise your stats. You might not believe it and they may have had a couple of c0ckups, but they are trying to balance it the best they can to extrapolate as much money as possible from all players at all levels.

huminator
10-29-2013, 02:00 PM
+1

Buy a gift for your wife or daughter/son instead hahahaha

CroftyB
10-29-2013, 06:00 PM
Why is anybody spending any money on this game?

Because they are............(insert your own negative here)

+1

Buy a gift for your wife or daughter/son instead hahahaha

Stopped buying vaults a while ago, mom got a great birthday present the other day...suck it Gree(dy) :)

La La594
10-29-2013, 06:05 PM
if no one spends any money who the fack is going to pay for the game you all play?

CroftyB
10-29-2013, 06:07 PM
if no one spends any money who the fack is going to pay for the game you all play?

Until there is consistency and more focus on the customer I don't play :)
I'd rather no one spent and they shut up shop :D plenty more out there in the real world ;)

Max Power
10-29-2013, 06:12 PM
if no one spends any money who the fack is going to pay for the game you all play?Not my problem

ogel45
10-29-2013, 11:29 PM
I decided to not use gold this last war. Wasn't nearly as fun. Nothing like beating that rare whale to a pulp.

Einszwei
10-29-2013, 11:57 PM
Im playing cc now

Sal T Iguana
10-30-2013, 07:52 AM
We don't all play this game and many who do could care less. Suggest you procure a FREE library card and
use it! My buddy Ben (Franklin) was a genius...best idea in the last 200 years. For starters, you will at
least learn how to spell fack:)
LoL +111111111