PDA

View Full Version : Officer motivation

General Nu
10-26-2013, 01:42 AM
This is a message for admin. Is it possible to give a player some sort of motivation to be an officer within the game? It just doesn't seem right that I'm asking players to take on all this extra responsibility and have nothing to give them in return. There are a lot of different ways his can be approached. It would be as simple as a percentage increase to their skill points. It could be an actual reward of money or gold given at the end of a campaign or at the discretion of the leader. I just get a lot of "why should I" answers and it just makes sense to me to be able to give or have an incentive.

360 Joules
10-26-2013, 02:02 AM
I second this motion!

Badass action man
10-26-2013, 03:54 AM
U want guys who want it, if they don't then they don't. It shouldn't be a whats in it for me. It should be ask not what ur faction can do for u, but what u can do for ur faction. Jus recruit better guys mate. I'm an officer, have been for a long time. I do put in a lil extra but I don't mind

Sumiala
10-26-2013, 04:02 AM
Agree with action man.
In our faction it is an honour to be officer.

Gunfighter
10-26-2013, 04:22 AM
U want guys who want it, if they don't then they don't. It shouldn't be a whats in it for me. It should be ask not what ur faction can do for u, but what u can do for ur faction. Jus recruit better guys mate. I'm an officer, have been for a long time. I do put in a lil extra but I don't mind

Agree with action man.
In our faction it is an honour to be officer.

Got to agree. Officer candidates should want to be an officer just to help the faction. It was an honor for me when I was promoted, and I know a lot of the other officers in my faction felt the same.

Zulfiqaar
10-26-2013, 04:37 AM
I feel more honoured than burdened by being an officer..

Mcdoc
10-26-2013, 06:10 AM
Sheeeeet - I'm in 5 factions (5 accounts) and I'm not an officer in a single one - sad but true

PsYcHoMaGnEt
10-26-2013, 06:57 AM
Lol. Then every member would be made an officer just to get the bonus. Dumbest idea ever!

General Nu
10-26-2013, 07:46 AM
No it's not the dumbest idea ever! You wouldn't make everyone an officer you would have people standing in line for it. I assume that everyone only let officers declare war. If you had everyone becoming officers it would be madness. Just out of curiosity how many of you are leaders of factions? I have officers. I have some great officers. I'm looking for a way to keep them motivated. People need motivation.

How about if a person is an officer there could be a ltq on how many wars they declare. Has the potential to shag up a war but would be another aspect that would have to be managed. Real show of leadership.

General Nu
10-26-2013, 08:06 AM
And if anyone says they are a faction leader please identify your faction by posting the faction code.

Skoalrulz
10-26-2013, 08:55 AM
Lol. Then every member would be made an officer just to get the bonus. Dumbest idea ever!

I would have to agree. If you didn't make everyone an officer you would be hurting your faction thus making you the dumbest leader.

Hotshots
10-26-2013, 09:21 AM
If you want to motivate people , get Gree to fix this game so it works.
You won't have to worry about officers soon , you'll be struggling to find people to actually play this game the way things are going

fofito30
10-26-2013, 12:48 PM
Probably wrong threat, but would propose an Officers perk: a method by which officers can over throw a leader that doesn't lead. After all, most officers and players have invested time and cash on building a faction and buying boost and a leader can simply kick them off the faction if they start questioning his lack of leadership or just simply pay no attention forcing good players to question their loyalty and move on leaving behind good donations and time (do bare in mind that with the new faction events players are earning gold coins to complete them and once you donate them you lose them)

Jhenry02
10-26-2013, 03:21 PM
I was a faction leader for a long time.
We assigned each officer an extracurricular activity. Such as recruiting, communications, intel, finance, etc.

The perk ? We had a special chatroom for officers. It was perverts row. No holds barred discussion of game theory, tv shows, and my nipple. Not only that for a long time we did interfaction competitions with teams vying for the Charlie Cup, where officers were team leaders. We held a fantasy draft of all faction members. We also used to do an awards show with the officers as judges. And only officers can declare war/lead a war.

There are ways of keeping up motivation and morale. It just takes some creativity and time.

-Jason
(Founder of the Unsullied/officer emeritus)

General Nu
10-26-2013, 11:34 PM
I would have to agree. If you didn't make everyone an officer you would be hurting your faction thus making you the dumbest leader.

OK, let's follow this through. Say we base it on war declarations and make the first officer mission a reward for declaring 2. I have 48 members in my faction all of who I just promoted to officer. I schedule 36 wars. That don't sound like its going to be a gong show at all. Thanks for the input. I'm trying to provide some feedback here on the both the players that need motivation, not all players are self motivated, and the life cycle of a player. No one plays the same game forever and if they do never with the same interest from start to finish. These are the things leaders have to deal with.

Badass action man
10-26-2013, 11:49 PM
No it's not the dumbest idea ever! You wouldn't make everyone an officer you would have people standing in line for it. I assume that everyone only let officers declare war. If you had everyone becoming officers it would be madness. Just out of curiosity how many of you are leaders of factions? I have officers. I have some great officers. I'm looking for a way to keep them motivated. People need motivation.

How about if a person is an officer there could be a ltq on how many wars they declare. Has the potential to shag up a war but would be another aspect that would have to be managed. Real show of leadership.

get them to set challenges for the faction, i usually put up a donation challenge between wars to keep everybody interested(for bragging rights), or if there is a faction ltq on issue a challenge, let ur guys get creative, who can improve their stats by the biggest % margin. Ur only limited by ur creativity. we hav other officers who issue challenges, jus a good way to promote morale when gree is doing their best to destroy it.

for me declaring war is a chore not a reward. im in Aus so i run the "night" shift for my crew as the time zone thingy works beta for me. As OIC coordinating and strategising fall into ur lap n u figure a plan as to how we r gonna pound this next crew!

General Nu
10-27-2013, 12:27 AM
get them to set challenges for the faction, i usually put up a donation challenge between wars to keep everybody interested(for bragging rights), or if there is a faction ltq on issue a challenge, let ur guys get creative, who can improve their stats by the biggest % margin. Ur only limited by ur creativity. we hav other officers who issue challenges, jus a good way to promote morale when gree is doing their best to destroy it.

for me declaring war is a chore not a reward. im in Aus so i run the "night" shift for my crew as the time zone thingy works beta for me. As OIC coordinating and strategising fall into ur lap n u figure a plan as to how we r gonna pound this next crew!

Thanks for the suggestions. Good to have a conversation going on this. I have some most of that in the past. Maybe it's time to bring it back. Thanks for that.

Spetsnaz
10-27-2013, 02:38 AM
I was a faction leader for a long time.
We assigned each officer an extracurricular activity. Such as recruiting, communications, intel, finance, etc.

The perk ? We had a special chatroom for officers. It was perverts row. No holds barred discussion of game theory, tv shows, and my nipple. Not only that for a long time we did interfaction competitions with teams vying for the Charlie Cup, where officers were team leaders. We held a fantasy draft of all faction members. We also used to do an awards show with the officers as judges. And only officers can declare war/lead a war.

There are ways of keeping up motivation and morale. It just takes some creativity and time.

-Jason
(Founder of the Unsullied/officer emeritus)

I agree. It's up to the leader or leaders to find ways to motivate the rest of the faction.

Off topic. We battled you yesterday... Good job.