PDA

View Full Version : Early War Shenannigans...A Cautionary Tale

Robespierre
10-26-2013, 12:34 AM
Well folks, I'll give a quick run-down of how things are going in my faction tonight on the first day of the Mexico World Domination event.

Things started out pretty interesting...logged on an saw a huge bird in my inventory. We all thought sweet...here's a gift from Gree in apology for the ridiculous LTQ with absolute gobbs of XP in return for crap units. 20 minutes into the battle, all of us start getting losses for our scouted targets, and wouldn't 'cha know...no more big bird in inventory. Then our stats really started dropping for unknown reasons.

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/2f/2f50c94e64a7aa5505fd81d9b9527be1bf345bd42a33f2dfe4 677e70e26c428e.jpg

Well, easy come, easy go, I guess.

Then we get matched up with factions sporting llps on steroids: level 36 accounts with nearly 2 mil defense. So, none of us can get any points, and any points we get are about the same as hitting the command center. Our wall hitters got more WD points. Good strategy for them, but for us...pure buzz kill.

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/146/1/6/picard_facepalm_edition___poster_by_auroraterra-d66mobb.png

Then, there's the level 15 walls...about 23 hits to take them down, and our faction leader is pissed for having to spend all of his free time building the lousy walls, as if it were some North Korean prison camp chore.

http://thenorthkoreablog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/NK-prison.jpg

For the last however many wars, we were up setting timers about when to get up in the middle of night for battles. Now, it's crickets chirping in the groupme chat.

This gameplay dynamic has killed it for us. It used to be fun, but now it's an exercise in frustration. For those that have adapted...good job, and I wish you much success in your pursuit of happiness.

On the brighter side, I'm not feeling guilty about going to my Halloween parties, and I'm looking forward to spending the weekend with my family, or even putting in some time at work to make money, rather than spending it here.

So, unless we dedicate our lives to getting some additional iOs devices to get llps up to speed, we'll be done with the game in the next week or so...the fun has left even the camaraderie that kept us going in the recent past. Maybe I'll just have a goal of redesigning my base to look cool for the android visitors...because of course, iOs users don't get to see base decorations.

While I have no doubt that MW will continue, it will probably be more like a few people with six iPhones and iPads spread out on a table going against the same 50 or so other players doing the same.

It was a good run Gree...nearly two years. I just could care less about the game at this point.

http://kastiyos.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/walkaway.jpg

HGF69
10-26-2013, 12:39 AM
Total Gree incompetence at the beginning - Again.

It's not a one off. Every war there is a mess up. Every event something goes wrong.

So who are the developers and more to the point who is testing cos neither is doing a good job.

General Nu
10-26-2013, 01:05 AM
Here here!

VSH
10-26-2013, 02:06 AM
[QUOTE=Robespierre;1045848]

Then we get matched up with factions sporting llps on steroids: level 36 accounts with nearly 2 mil defense. So, none of us can get any points, and any points we get are about the same as hitting the command center. Our wall hitters got more WD points. Good strategy for them, but for us...pure buzz kill.

I hear you mate. We had this several times last war, and it SUCKS....
Not Romeo Echo Delta or the Little Bus Riders by any chance?? We had both repeatedly last war, and have R.E.D. Twice now this war. No chance of a win streak, no chance of winning period..... Whole team demoralised, and wondering why bother turning up to fight, lol

Sumiala
10-26-2013, 04:07 AM
Total Gree incompetence at the beginning - Again.

It's not a one off. Every war there is a mess up. Every event something goes wrong.

So who are the developers and more to the point who is testing cos neither is doing a good job.

Personally I don't think it is the incompetence of the dev's.
It is a management mess, I think.
Ditching staff and trying to run a lean machine to decrease cost to try and salvage a sinking ship.
The dev's are probably asked to do more with less resource, hence you get quality issues.
More often than not management is to blame, as they hire and determine strategy.
If a dev is seriously incompetent than management should fire them.

For the blame, look up. The guys with the biggest wallets are likely to be the culprits.

WI(AusNz)
10-26-2013, 04:53 AM
I was thinking of starting a thread just like this but you did a better job explaining how frustrating it has now become at WD weekend. It used to be a thing you stayed up for and looked forward to but it's all messed up.

I will add to your list that our matchups have been brutal. We are consistent 150 faction getting regular matchups with top 25 factions. Our last faction matchup was with the current 10th spot!

Everyone's defense is so much stronger than their attack that you need to find a real lackey to hit. I can not even win a battle with someone half my power.

Maddog11
10-26-2013, 05:59 AM
Get editorial, my only editors note I would make is you forgot to mention the mysterious regenerating Defense Leader. Randomly pops back up during the battle.

Badass action man
10-26-2013, 06:13 AM
Nice effort on the whinge. I like effort! 100% agree with ya

ProCision
10-26-2013, 06:23 AM
Nice post, I feel the same exact way.

Michael1989
10-26-2013, 08:14 AM
Very Nice post, very nice indeed...

Blodiea
10-26-2013, 08:25 AM
We got hammered by mini hulks early in wd but now they jumped far out of my top 1500 teams radar. Now it is tough battles but against players we CAN beat. I don't know where your team ranks but its safe and fun down here.

CroftyB
10-26-2013, 08:31 AM
I concour Robespierre....great post. Enjoy your weekend, like many, I can imagine your family will be pleased....there is life outside the game :D

Peppers
10-26-2013, 08:36 AM
Very nice job and I agree 100%!

My added $.02 -- I'm in RED. It was my solution to how much it sucks to be spending gold. Tiny strong free teams are the way of the future. My defense is about 60% higher than my offense... and it was getting stupidly hard to find targets in a top 10 faction.

My added $.03 -- I also have a mini on steroids, thanks to stat inflation. Its a Level 49 defense leader in another faction. Yes, the defense leader. Hello Gree! A level 49 defense leader!

candyson
10-26-2013, 08:40 AM
Gree screwed TCK over as well!
Last war, we had to score over 30k only one time
This war, we've already faced two opponents who've scored 40k on us.
We shouldn't be getting these difficult of matchups as a top 1500 faction!
One battle, the opponents DL was over a million higher than ours.

Because of all this Gree mess, we went from a 25-1 team last war, to a 4-4 team so far

Roborhino
10-26-2013, 09:38 AM
Totally agree, even tried to adapt and struggling last 4 battles just nonsense, can't even be arsed taking DL down this time...

VSH
10-26-2013, 09:45 AM
My added $.02 -- I'm in RED. It was my solution to how much it sucks to be spending gold. Tiny strong free teams are the way of the future. My defense is about 60% higher than my offense... and it was getting stupidly hard to find targets in a top 10 faction.

It can't suck that bad..you guys have dropped gold on us twice already this war. Teams down at the Top1500/1000 mark can't compete with you guys and you know it!

It's a bit rich coming on here and playing the victim in all this. One can only hope that GREE changes the matching dynamics to counter your proposed 'way of the future'. You have inadvertently alienated the smaller teams trying to do their best to the point where they won't bother turning up at all. Let's see you try fighting on your own!

Mind you, RED can always have match ups with Little Bus Riders, lol. I'm willing to bet you guys have never been paired, even though our team has pulled both of you repeatedly this war and last. Interesting that?!

Peppers
10-26-2013, 09:59 AM
It can't suck that bad..you guys have dropped gold on us twice already this war. Teams down at the Top1500/1000 mark can't compete with you guys and you know it!

It's a bit rich coming on here and playing the victim in all this. One can only hope that GREE changes the matching dynamics to counter your proposed 'way of the future'. You have inadvertently alienated the smaller teams trying to do their best to the point where they won't bother turning up at all. Let's see you try fighting on your own!

Mind you, RED can always have match ups with Little Bus Riders, lol. I'm willing to bet you guys have never been paired, even though our team has pulled both of you repeatedly this war and last. Interesting that?!

You're very silly. I'm not a victim. I looked at how the game is currently set up and adjusted my game style. With my lopsided stats, it sucks to play in a top 10 team. But, for almost free, I can play in RED. Gold use is all relative my dear.

VSH
10-26-2013, 10:20 AM
You're very silly. I'm not a victim. I looked at how the game is currently set up and adjusted my game style. With my lopsided stats, it sucks to play in a top 10 team. But, for almost free, I can play in RED. Gold use is all relative my dear.

So, because it sucks to play in a Top10 team, you and your buddies decided to drop down and fight guys in the Top1500/1000 territory. Fair enough I guess. I mean it's not like there's any other place that you guys could set up shop is there, say Top50, Top100, Top250, etc. You see where I'm headed right?

Your strategic positioning is killing weaker teams, to the point that they won't bother at all! Where does that leave you except back fighting the guys that you're trying to avoid, lol.

Peppers
10-26-2013, 10:25 AM
So, because it sucks to play in a Top10 team, you and your buddies decided to drop down and fight guys in the Top1500/1000 territory. Fair enough I guess. I mean it's not like there's any other place that you guys could set up shop is there, say Top50, Top100, Top250, etc. You see where I'm headed right?

Your strategic positioning is killing weaker teams, to the point that they won't bother at all! Where does that leave you except back fighting the guys that you're trying to avoid, lol.

So, we should spend more gold so you won't lose?

Send me a PM with some iTunes cards and we'll consider it.

wahhhwahhwahh

CTRC(SW) UMBRA
10-26-2013, 10:31 AM
Very nice post Robespierre! I'm sure many will be retiring right along with you.

Pakmom1
10-26-2013, 10:39 AM
[QUOTE=Robespierre;1045848]

I hear you mate. We had this several times last war, and it SUCKS....
Not Romeo Echo Delta or the Little Bus Riders by any chance?? We had both repeatedly last war, and have R.E.D. Twice now this war. No chance of a win streak, no chance of winning period..... Whole team demoralised, and wondering why bother turning up to fight, lol

Are there multiple teams for little bus riders? I ask, because the only group I found on search in winners list from France is placed 1420. Ironically, we are fighting them now, or I should say, standing down. A 10 person faction, with no one under 2mil def. We haven't had a good match since the 2nd or 3rd battle. It's crazy.

TWAG
10-26-2013, 11:00 AM
Was in a war tied up 90K to 90K going into the final 6 minutes of fighting. In that time span, the opposing team's DL appeared 3 times. Not one, not two, but three times. Players were spending gold to win this battle as it was important for our faction goals reward.

However with the DL appearing with full health 3 times it tossed the faction off its game, made us spend more gold to take him down numerous times, and left us losing by over 10K points. My breaking point is very very near. I try to never complain about this game but a LIVE mess up is brutal. I've played this game for over a year now and it has become just complete crap

Has gree posted any explanations?

doctor Zoidberg
10-26-2013, 11:53 AM
What ? Who? did you post me picture in the first page? wwhooooooop whooop whoop whoop.....

wwwjason
10-26-2013, 01:02 PM
So your full team got beat by a 10 man team and your upset, I don't get it????

Stooboot
10-26-2013, 01:19 PM
Well said I think were all at the point were we just play kinda half ass n what ever points we get we get I havent spent a dollar in 3 battles and I dont intend 2

DaBoss!
10-26-2013, 01:21 PM
So your full team got beat by a 10 man team and your upset, I don't get it????
This thread is about more than just his team losing against a 10 man faction, so next time why don't you stop being ignorant and take the time to read the full post.

On a side note, I feel your pain Robespierre. Gree just loves screwing us over.

wwwjason
10-26-2013, 01:27 PM
This thread is about more than just his team losing against a 10 man faction, so next time why don't you stop being ignorant and take the time to read the full post.

On a side note, I feel your pain Robespierre. Gree just loves screwing us over.
WOW, someone has anger issues, remember genius you are playing a war game, any way a team wants to set up their team counts, or should everyone just ask you and find out how we should all play

Allday
10-26-2013, 01:33 PM
WOW, someone has anger issues, remember genius you are playing a war game, any way a team wants to set up their team counts, or should everyone just ask you and find out how we should all play
What are you talking about loser. We should be given win steaks without facing any challenges. I support VHS

wwwjason
10-26-2013, 01:35 PM
What are you talking about loser. We should be given win steaks without facing any challenges. I support VHS

Yea, just give everyone all the prizes without doing anything, that would be much better

DaBoss!
10-26-2013, 01:35 PM

And you continue to be ignorant........I don't remember saying anything about how this game should be played. What I do remember saying is this thread is about gree screwing us over, not just Robespierre losing against a 10 man faction.....

wwwjason
10-26-2013, 01:38 PM
And you continue to be ignorant........I don't remember saying anything about how this game should be played. What I do remember saying is this thread is about gree screwing us over, not just Robespierre losing against a 10 man faction.....

Do you whine this much in real life or just on this forum

Tech2
10-26-2013, 01:40 PM

I know the players who make up "The Little Bus Riders" and you shouldn't blame them, they truly are "Special" and that's why they ride the bus together. They never had it easy growing up and somehow they all found each other here in MW. Imagine that!!! From the Schitzo's to the clinically depressed as well as the BI-Polar, they found a home. Now as for their stats, blame Obamacare, they are getting thousands of dollars a moth for medication. But they spend it here instead. I tried to reason with them but one of them actually bit me so I gave up. Hope someone else can reason with the clinically insane better than I could.

DaBoss!
10-26-2013, 01:41 PM
Do you whine this much in real life or just on this forum

It's kinda sad that you have run out of things to get me on, so you ask me if i whine..........

wwwjason
10-26-2013, 01:44 PM
It's ok, if you haven't noticed before Gree has messed up a lot of things before, this is not the first or last thing, play the game or don't, I could care less

wwwjason
10-26-2013, 01:45 PM
I know the players who make up "The Little Bus Riders" and you shouldn't blame them, they truly are "Special" and that's why they ride the bus together. They never had it easy growing up and somehow they all found each other here in MW. Imagine that!!! From the Schitzo's to the clinically depressed as well as the BI-Polar, they found a home. Now as for their stats, blame Obamacare, they are getting thousands of dollars a moth for medication. But they spend it here instead. I tried to reason with them but one of them actually bit me so I gave up. Hope someone else can reason with the clinically insane better than I could.

Now that is funny

wwwjason
10-26-2013, 01:53 PM
It's kinda sad that you have run out of things to get me on, so you ask me if i whine..........

Not trying to get you on anything, just stop complaining

DaBoss!
10-26-2013, 02:00 PM
Not trying to get you on anything, just stop complaining

I wasn't complaining man, I was just trying to get a point across.

Tech2
10-26-2013, 02:00 PM
Now to comment on the original complaints... AGREE, AGREE and AGREE but as for the move to small powerful factions. It's all in response to offering super inflated prizes to teams that can win basically every battle without losing. Now unless you are SUP1 or SUP2 because if they meet each other they can just leave it go to a 0 - 0 tie and their streaks remain intact. Everyone else will fail once they go up against any of the top 3. So that leaves them no choice but to adapt or be left behind. This "new" strategy is survival of the strongest to remain competitive. Nobody else to blame but GREE... They obviously wanted more GOLD spent but now they have created the opposite. Powerful mini factions....live with it!!!

DaBoss!
10-26-2013, 02:06 PM
Now to comment on the original complaints... AGREE, AGREE and AGREE but as for the move to small powerful factions. It's all in response to offering super inflated prizes to teams that can win basically every battle without losing. Now unless you are SUP1 or SUP2 because if they meet each other they can just leave it go to a 0 - 0 tie and their streaks remain intact. Everyone else will fail once they go up against any of the top 3. So that leaves them no choice but to adapt or be left behind. This "new" strategy is survival of the strongest to remain competitive. Nobody else to blame but GREE... They obviously wanted more GOLD spent but now they have created the opposite. Powerful mini factions....live with it!!!

Well Said!!!!!

KingDante!
10-26-2013, 02:08 PM
I'm having a good time.. sorry to hear about everyone's frustrations.

thundarr
10-26-2013, 02:08 PM
I hate to say it but I predicted this would happen and it has. This is the end of MW as we know it. Gree has taken one of the best games ever and totally ruined it. The only hope is if Funzio takes it over and restores it to its former glory which will never happen. Its been a great run and I enjoyed the year or so I played but as the Rolling Stones once said "it's all over now". I feel really bad for those who spent 1000's of dollars to be the preeminent players in this game and now its all meaningless. I will stick around and occasionally check in to see whats going on but playing and spending money will never happen again for me.

DaBoss!
10-26-2013, 02:17 PM
I hate to say it but I predicted this would happen and it has. This is the end of MW as we know it. Gree has taken one of the best games ever and totally ruined it. The only hope is if Funzio takes it over and restores it to its former glory which will never happen. Its been a great run and I enjoyed the year or so I played but as the Rolling Stones once said "it's all over now". I feel really bad for those who spent 1000's of dollars to be the preeminent players in this game and now its all meaningless. I will stick around and occasionally check in to see whats going on but playing and spending money will never happen again for me.

I feel the same way as you. Only reason I still play the game is cause of my teammates.

2tuf4u
10-26-2013, 02:21 PM
Gree is never going to change, it's up to us to change. If enough people stopped spending money they might just listen to the complaints. But instead people spend more money to make up for grees mistakes. So why should they spend money on testing when we pay them to let us test it.
I quit buying gold many months ago, the game will be next.

CroftyB
10-26-2013, 02:23 PM
Just a thought, but rather than getting on each other's backs, the real culprits are sitting back laughing whilst people still play and pay....I had to laugh, anyone else had an in game notification urging you to buy gold?
Gree(dy) unless you can start being a bit more constant and not messing up the game you get nadda out of me!

freddy808
10-26-2013, 02:29 PM

Who are these guys!? Little Bus Riders!? Sounds cute and only a 10 man crew!?

King Fox
10-26-2013, 02:30 PM
What a great post Robespierre, totally agree with you about how bad this game has become. Sadly, Gree will not do anything to bring it back to its original fun. They won't even bother reading your post and taking notice of what you honestly put down here.

Allday
10-26-2013, 02:53 PM
I feel the same way as you. Only reason I still play the game is cause of my teammates.
I agree me also. But my teammates are strong

Allday
10-26-2013, 02:57 PM
I agree me also. But my teammates are strong
My team says kill

CroftyB
10-26-2013, 03:41 PM
Very Nice post, very nice indeed...

Funny.

I got that pop-up and promptly made a screenshot.

They can ask me to buy gold but not respond to my complaint (which they tried to close out).

...or if you are lucky enough for a response...it's usually totally unrelated and seems that they didn't even read the initial ticket...or the typical "turn it off and on again" response....lame excuses!

Sorry Michael not sure why it quoted you....even the forum is glitchy. :)

Sirius
10-26-2013, 04:01 PM
Folks the feedback is noted and always has been. I will advise folks to heed the forum guidelines when commenting. Some of the comments are pushing the limit and I do know many of you are upset over things. But, making insults etc does not get your point across.

I'll keep the thread open for now in hopes things get more constructive and less insulting.

Thanks.

Agent Orange
10-26-2013, 04:06 PM
Funny as hell Robespierre!

Agent Orange
10-26-2013, 04:09 PM
Folks the feedback is noted and always has been. I will advise folks to heed the forum guidelines when commenting. Some of the comments are pushing the limit and I do know many of you are upset over things. But, making insults etc does not get your point across.

I'll keep the thread open for now in hopes things get more constructive and less insulting.

Thanks.

You know that no matter what you do, someone isn't going to be happy...... but overall I think the game is being killed. Perhaps it's the fact that you guys have been given some quota to fulfil and I know you could never say so. Just the way Japanese management 'thinks'.

Guess best thing to say is, it's been a fun ride but it looks like the bus is running out of petrol..

Syros
10-26-2013, 04:10 PM
I'd really like to know who thought it was a good idea to push an update in the middle of the war that takes the game offline? You couldn't freeze the game time for 10 minutes while it was being done giving everyone a chance to log back in? Ridiculous how inconsiderate you guys are of your players.

CroftyB
10-26-2013, 04:32 PM

Thanks.

Feedback is noted...but rarely listened too.
Comments maybe pushing your limits...have you considered the limits of players? Especially those who pay to play!!!
As for insults, it's insulting to be constantly ignored, it's insulting to think that people cannot speak their mind, within reason, it's insulting to insinuate that many who have commented here are insulting!

Edit: Sirius, I ask this.....is better testing and QA going to be done now and into the future? Clearly many people would draw a line in the sand with the whole issue but mistake after mistake cannot be expected to be ignored, not just in MW but also KA and CC....all we have seen is a couple of comments like your previous with regard to forum guidelines etc....but that only upsets people more. Surely working in a customer service domain you should understand that?
Feel free to PM or not the offer is there.....like the offer to test for FREE on 3 separate devices that was completely ignored...I would of been happy to do this if the playing experience was improved, but alas....not testing, just more issues!

Sirius
10-26-2013, 05:57 PM
I'd really like to know who thought it was a good idea to push an update in the middle of the war that takes the game offline? You couldn't freeze the game time for 10 minutes while it was being done giving everyone a chance to log back in? Ridiculous how inconsiderate you guys are of your players.

There was an issue that some players were running into with defense leaders, servers were taken down for a grand total of 2 mins to fix this. We do apologize for that as if we could have avoided the 2 min offline we would have.

Syros
10-26-2013, 06:25 PM
There was an issue that some players were running into with defense leaders, servers were taken down for a grand total of 2 mins to fix this. We do apologize for that as if we could have avoided the 2 min offline we would have.

I'm aware of the issue as we ran into ourselves multiple times. I'm sure you're aware that the current strategy is to push as much as possible within the last few minutes of the battle to secure the win. What do you think happens when you take the servers offline when someone has < 4 minutes left and is pushing for the win? I'll tell you what happens... we had multiple people that couldn't hit, but it would only timeout after ~20 seconds then wouldn't let them back in the game so they rebooted their devices which took them out of the battle for the remainder. On top of that it "froze" the scores in game so it looked like we were winning, it wouldn't error just show us the same score so we thought we were ahead.

So your "grand total of 2 mins" which honestly was more like 3 cost us an EASILY won battle. I'd be happy to share whatever info is necessary with you to verify my claims to prove I'm not exaggerating or lying.

There was no notification or announcement of this hotfix, you guys just did it without any regard for the players actively participating and spending money in battles. I've spent well over a vault this war so far and 4 last war. I'm a part of the gold program and received a 15K bonus just this past month. I am your customer and have spent quite a bit of money with your company. Downplaying issues like this is not a way to keep me as a customer, it is a way to keep my money in my pocket.

I really don't know what else to say besides that this type of stuff is unacceptable. I want you\Gree to take responsibility for the loss you caused us and credit a win to our faction.

Bandit77
10-26-2013, 06:33 PM
Sirius,

What do we do with the next glitched event? If the new policy is to take back units, what does Gree expect us to do when the next glitch occurs? Do we stop playing and wait till its fixed? It seems that Gree has changed its policy regarding the glitches. I really think it was a bad idea to have taken back the units on Friday. I think Gree has opened Pandora's box by doing that. How do players know when a unit is going to be revoked? Real money is always spent on glitches. Same as Friday. With all of the other problems, Gree has now introduced a higher degree of uncertainty in players minds. It took the air out of a lot folks, not just because the unit had great stats, but because we know this will happen again now if the policy has changed. Why spend any gold if any unit can be yanked back? There is no getting around the fact that the game has constant bugs no matter how much fun it is.

CroftyB
10-26-2013, 07:02 PM
I'm aware of the issue as we ran into ourselves multiple times. I'm sure you're aware that the current strategy is to push as much as possible within the last few minutes of the battle to secure the win. What do you think happens when you take the servers offline when someone has < 4 minutes left and is pushing for the win? I'll tell you what happens... we had multiple people that couldn't hit, but it would only timeout after ~20 seconds then wouldn't let them back in the game so they rebooted their devices which took them out of the battle for the remainder. On top of that it "froze" the scores in game so it looked like we were winning, it wouldn't error just show us the same score so we thought we were ahead.

So your "grand total of 2 mins" which honestly was more like 3 cost us an EASILY won battle. I'd be happy to share whatever info is necessary with you to verify my claims to prove I'm not exaggerating or lying.

There was no notification or announcement of this hotfix, you guys just did it without any regard for the players actively participating and spending money in battles. I've spent well over a vault this war so far and 4 last war. I'm a part of the gold program and received a 15K bonus just this past month. I am your customer and have spent quite a bit of money with your company. Downplaying issues like this is not a way to keep me as a customer, it is a way to keep my money in my pocket.

I really don't know what else to say besides that this type of stuff is unacceptable. I want you\Gree to take responsibility for the loss you caused us and credit a win to our faction.

Syros, I'm sorry, but whilst players like you still spend money when these things are happening what do you expect? Stop paying, and then we will hopefully start to see a difference! Until then whilst people like you still pay they will carry in, it's quite simples. Affect the profits and we will see the changes :D

Pro
10-26-2013, 07:19 PM
I agree with the OP,,game over im done....

goldenarchie
10-26-2013, 07:35 PM
100% probably the only thing I can add is the bs with the mm before a faction ltq goal....c'mon gree, aren't we spending enough already?!

Sal T Iguana
10-26-2013, 11:01 PM
My team says kill

This is for your team. 💨

wwwjason
10-27-2013, 12:03 AM
This is for your team. 💨

What exactly is that salty a snowball, just a little confused

John Bidon
10-27-2013, 02:21 AM
Its very easy. Now the average wd I get is between 175-200. It used to be 350-400. And I am not going to spend gold for 175 lousy wd points. High level players are screwed cause of that ****ty boss event. In my faction, a level 60 player with the same stats as I (level 210) has substantially more wd points. Its just not fair.

Socks
10-27-2013, 10:42 AM
It was a good run Gree...nearly two years. I just could care less about the game at this point.

Well since you could care less (than you currently do), why don't you share with us just how much you could care less? A little less? A lot less?

/grammar Nazi

Robespierre
10-27-2013, 08:26 PM
Well since you could care less (than you currently do), why don't you share with us just how much you could care less? A little less? A lot less?

/grammar Nazi

http://img2.imagesbn.com/p/9781250006639_p0_v2_s260x420.JPG

Well...I haven't deleted the game just yet, so that is my "absolute zero" on the care scale. Thanks for checking, Socks. I'll defend my grammatically incorrect and illogical idiom.

I think MW will be a good art project for designing my base: barrel art, a tricked out command center compound, or messages to raiders. Maybe compose some prose on my wall.

*Update: Had a great weekend. I hope everyone else had a great weekend as well, doing whatever makes you happy.

It's funny; frustration is directly proportional to care, interest, or obligation. My frustration levels with MW have definitely decreased this weekend. Thanks for changing up the game dynamic.

Collectively, we should probably reduce our expectations because the reality just isn't pretty.

http://img8.joyreactor.com/pics/post/full/expectation-vs-reality-bear-pancake-712208.jpeg

Bravo Zulu
10-27-2013, 09:55 PM

I wouldn't normally jump into this type of post but you comment is snarky and not exactly true. You guys may have taken the tame offline for "a grand total of two minutes" but you cost us an entire battle. We were locked out for the entire hour after about 4 minutes into a battle. Kept getting updating server data errors. I have screenshots of the WD clock and the error message throughout the war. I would post them if I could inline. Sirius- you guys set up these goals and then make the almost impossible truly impossible.

This thread makes a great point and whether it is constructive or not depends on whether you (Gree) actually listen. Most people that call tech support are frustrated over something. We can't call you in the middle of a WD event. When things go wrong you guys don't always fix it. There is no outlet but this forum. Instead of getting defensive, listen to the complaints of your customers and use that to try to understand.

The one thing that's been holding us together is our dedication to our factions. But the truth is, if we pulled our top six high stat players out and fought with only them we would get further. But we don't want to do that. We want you to fix the matching system (or show that you are somehow trying) so that we can play as a faction with some hope of maintaining a decent rank in the wars.

Winning (being able to complete the majority of goals) is fun. Maintaining in the "top whatever" bracket is mundane, and sliding lower because of all of the hulk llps is downright frustrating. You guys make events we can't win without spending hundreds! I would spend 500$ for the bonus. Then it became 300 then 200- and this war 40$. We had several heavy gold spenders that now have done the same. We can't spend the same amount of money and get less return. Doesn't make sense.

When the time comes that our only option for making into the top 500 (we used to be a top 100) is to dismantle our team we are all done. We have already started looking for other games to play as a group.

The fun isn't your game anymore. The fun is the faction. But when you make impossible (I mean impossible in the way that it would require 1000s of dollars spent within one faction or else we can't complete it) events one thing becomes clear. The more you dangle the best prizes front of a faction that can't reach them, the more people don't want to play. Noun completing events feels like losing.

Why don't you guys at gree try making at least one event in the between war series that we can complete with much effort and minimal gold. You guys used to do that. It would motivate all of us to play more.

Th operative word here being play.

cage
10-29-2013, 01:10 PM

Thanks.

Noted and ignored as usual.

I don't mean to pick on forum moderators, I know you aren't developers or managers (at least I hope not!) but really, your post is only designed to placate. In the sticky about what new features customers would want the idea of 100 boss levels was stated as something being considered. Many, many, many people said no! Don't do it! I don't recall seeing a single person saying yeah, I'd love it! Maybe there were a few, I stopped reading after about page 8.

Now, here we are... completely ignored with 100 level bosses. Now, those of us in the 150-300 tier get to spend twice as much time to get similar rewards as before, but faced with spending much, much more gold to finish the event if we decided to. Not only that, but the boss health has increased with each boss event so far, so stat gains made in one aren't realized in the next. I've stopped using gold on boss events for this exact reason... I used to be able to count on my gold spent on this boss helping me spend less gold on the next, and so on until I could do it for free... now, it's impossible to catch up to the boss health as it's a moving goal post!

Over and over and over the customers have asked for 1 war per month. Some even praised the 1 month break between France and Mexico. Now, we are back to a war every 18 days (from end of one to start of the next).

There are endless complaints about being beat by players with much lower stats or losing attacks to players with much lower stats. It's not skill points, as I have dozens of screenshots showing my attack upwards of 500k-1million points higher AND many more attack skill points (upwards of 100 in some cases!) than the target's defense skill points. Yet, nothing is done to address this failure in elementary math. It just makes me feel fantastic to login and find I've been raided by someone with 1 million attack lower than me to the tune of $40 million. Makes me want to spend more money on gold that increases stats that don't matter!

So, that must be one dusty notebook your feedback is stored in since it all ends up ignored! Or, perhaps gree management has confused customers and shareholders? Because one group is certainly the focus of gree decisions while the other is ignored....

Speed ump
10-29-2013, 03:32 PM
Just noticed the ops note about faction leaders thrill at buying the walls. I agree, pretty stupid the way it's done. Do it like a check out at an online store, or even when we buy gold or cash. Let us say we want 56 lvl 15 walls and if we have the bricks and money, your done. Even if I have to press lvl 15 56 times, it would be a huge advantage over what we have to do now.

Tito89
10-29-2013, 04:30 PM
In terms of buying walls it should be set like you can select how many walls you want and the price in cash and bricks for them, its becoming like donating money 100k at a time.