PDA

View Full Version : Unfair Matchups

General Steakfries
10-25-2013, 01:39 PM
My LLP (one man faction) just got matched up to a one man, 258K defense faction. I only have 28k/33k! It is still matching us up for wars as if we have the Southstar! Also, my HLP faction still has people with the Southstar, but taken away from others. I am not happy. Consistency, Gree.

Captain B
10-25-2013, 03:57 PM
That's nothing! I have a one man faction playing against a 20 man faction lvl 94, wondering if I'll win this one? Not

Lou Sir
10-25-2013, 04:00 PM
What you guys talking about?? you expect to match up with 0 man faction so u can win?

General Steakfries
10-25-2013, 04:05 PM
What you guys talking about?? you expect to match up with 0 man faction so u can win?
Before I call you a troll, let me say this. Read my above post! A 100K+ stat difference between one man factions is unacceptable when there are obviously hundreds of one man factions nearer to my stats!

General Steakfries
10-25-2013, 04:11 PM
Unfair match up? How about customer vs Gree? What are you getting for your money?
I haven't spend a cent. I might have, had Gree not rehashed everything due to not testing first. But either way, I think they just nailed the game's coffin with this war.

Zulfiqaar
10-25-2013, 04:12 PM
We are coming up against factions with almost everybody stronger than our dl..something definetely wrong

General Steakfries
10-25-2013, 04:14 PM
We are coming up against factions with almost everybody stronger than our dl..something definetely wrong
Gree definitely needs to (and won't) rethink at least match ups and points. At least if you have 2 or more people, you can take them out for free. I cannot, not to mention there are no other targets in every faction I've faced so far...

Lou Sir
10-25-2013, 04:19 PM
Before I call you a troll, let me say this. Read my above post! A 100K+ stat difference between one man factions is unacceptable when there are obviously hundreds of one man factions nearer to my stats!

Call me a troll w/e i dont care, the Unfair match up has been talked about for long and pp keep open new post to complaint .. who the troll here

General Steakfries
10-25-2013, 04:25 PM
Call me a troll w/e i dont care, the Unfair match up has been talked about for long and pp keep open new post to complaint .. who the troll here
Maybe a fix never reaches fruition because people end up destroying threads with nonconstructive posts. We are trying to learn the Gree logic of it all to improve ourselves. Comment constructively or not at all. There are plenty of other threads you could call "talked about for long" that are still up and running every war.

Dirty Mind
10-25-2013, 04:26 PM
100k stat difference these days is a rounding error. I bet he's just as pissed about not getting any points off you.

General Steakfries
10-25-2013, 04:29 PM
100k stat difference these days is a rounding error. I bet he's just as pissed about not getting any points off you.
For a LLP with 27K attack, that's not a rounding error. Haven't faced him, it's not about points: it is about Gree ruining a game that had potential.

Badass action man
10-25-2013, 04:34 PM
one man factions deserve floggings. the idea of faction play is its a team event. we were put up against a 1 man faction n not a single one of us could get a win on him, even with a power atk so no sympathy for anyone who wastes other ppls time with a 1 man faction.

ii think 1 man factions should b matched against factions where they can only beat the lowest stat player n can get smashed by al the other members and/or be matched up against other 1 man factions n i dont care about their stat differences. price u pay for taking to the field in a team sport with only 1 guy

General Steakfries
10-25-2013, 04:37 PM
one man factions deserve floggings. the idea of faction play is its a team event. we were put up against a 1 man faction n not a single one of us could get a win on him, even with a power atk so no sympathy for anyone who wastes other ppls time with a 1 man faction.

ii think 1 man factions should b matched against factions where they can only beat the lowest stat player n can get smashed by al the other members and/or be matched up against other 1 man factions n i dont care about their stat differences. price u pay for taking to the field in a team sport with only 1 guy
I agree it is a team event, but do you like being matched up against a faction you have no hope of beating? You said no yourself. Matchups and points are too inconsistent. By the way my LLP was there just to control the faction as a back door in case our merge didn't go through.

Pappy14
10-25-2013, 05:52 PM
I'm in a top 400 faction with 30 members, some of which have LLPs in as well. Our LLPs are mostly all over 700K stats. We are about to finish the day 1-4. Last 4 matchups have been against teams in which our strongest player cannot beat their weakest. Our strongest player is 1.8 attack and currently the DL for our opponent has 11mil defense. We haven't seen a player under 2 mil defense in 3 matchups. Pretty discouraging, looks like I'm done playing until tomorrow.

Dirty Mind
10-25-2013, 05:57 PM
yeah, I feel really bad about people who cant get the 53win streak reward by going it alone and hoping for easy targets. I might even lose a few seconds of sleep over it. no, on second thought I think I'll be just fine

jchow69
10-25-2013, 06:10 PM
On the other hand, some matchups have been a little tougher, but weve always been able to search out one lost sheep with juicy numbers. Were 4-0 so far.

Doctor F
10-25-2013, 06:16 PM
Well, the good thing about these matchups against much tougher teams means we aren't spending much gold..looks like you outsmarted yourself on this one Gree!

jchow69
10-25-2013, 06:30 PM
We just matched up top 50 and were top 400, great job, Gree.

mreilly
10-25-2013, 06:35 PM

hahaha jchow That was funny to read... We are unbeaten so far but the troop prizes suck so far. You're not missing out.

theddman96
10-25-2013, 06:45 PM
You guys are a joke!! You expect everything to just be handed to you. Maybe stop being a loner and play the game properly. If you only have 28k don't make a faction!!!! Its a war game if u don't like it go back to playing with your barbies

General Steakfries
10-25-2013, 06:49 PM
yeah, I feel really bad about people who cant get the 53win streak reward by going it alone and hoping for easy targets. I might even lose a few seconds of sleep over it. no, on second thought I think I'll be just fine
I never intended to get the unit. You really helped further this conversation. Now on to doing something useful!

General Steakfries
10-25-2013, 06:51 PM
Well, the good thing about these matchups against much tougher teams means we aren't spending much gold..looks like you outsmarted yourself on this one Gree!
They tend to do that a lot. The players even say what they will spend for and they don't heed our advice. I hope they figure it out before next WD event...

General Steakfries
10-25-2013, 06:52 PM
That is exactly what I am talking about.

General Steakfries
10-25-2013, 06:55 PM
You guys are a joke!! You expect everything to just be handed to you. Maybe stop being a loner and play the game properly. If you only have 28k don't make a faction!!!! Its a war game if u don't like it go back to playing with your barbies
Like I've said several times, I never intended to get the unit. I simply have an LLP there as a back door. I did not make the faction. I think you need to reconsider the conversation. We are trying to better ourselves and if you do not like it, I'm sure there is a barbie convention somewhere for you to attend.

Josh611
10-25-2013, 07:25 PM
People's defenses are too high. They ruined the game. Way to go gree.

Dirty Mind
10-25-2013, 07:32 PM
Like I've said a million times, I never intended to get the unit. I simply have an LLP there as a back door. I did not make the faction. I think you need to reconsider the conversation. We are trying to better ourselves and if you do not like it, I'm sure there is a barbie convention somewhere for you to attend.
A million times? I dont believe you said that until you got all wadded up after not getting the sympathy you were looking for. If Modern WAR isnt your game, go try Modern HUGS!

General Steakfries
10-25-2013, 07:49 PM
A million times? I dont believe you said that until you got all wadded up after not getting the sympathy you were looking for. If Modern WAR isnt your game, go try Modern HUGS!
Fixed just for you! Go find a new thread to troll.

General Steakfries
10-25-2013, 07:53 PM
People's defenses are too high. They ruined the game. Way to go gree.
It is a legitimate problem that Gree and certain players do not see or understand. If Gree marketed attack, defense would be more valuable and players could always beat each other but have to pay to defend themselves. Then again, the players have told Gree what they would pay for and Gree seems to not listen.

Dirty Mind
10-25-2013, 08:03 PM
troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll Stop whining! would you like a link to the my little pony game Stinkfries? I bet I could find it for you

General Steakfries
10-25-2013, 08:12 PM
Dirty Mind, thought this might help jog your memory:

Posting Guidelines - *Updated 3-6-13*

Welcome to the forums! We aim to provide a fun and positive place for everyone to post about their experiences with our games. To that end, we require that everyone read and follow the guidelines below.

Please DO:

Keep posts constructive
Treat your fellow forum goers (who love the games as much as you do) with respect
Keep invite codes and faction recruitment requests in the relevant sub-forums

Please DO NOT:

Flame, troll, insult others, make purposefully inflammatory posts or otherwise be a nuisance to other players or the moderators. In this and all other matters, the moderators have final say over what constitutes appropriate posts.
Swear or use any obscenities (cutting out letters or replacing letters with symbols still counts as swearing)
Discuss locked threads or moderation actions.
Post any form of nudity or sexual content.
Post any form of racist or otherwise discriminatory content.
Reveal your or anyone else's personal information.
POST IN ALL CAPS
Discuss unreleased game content.
Engage in religious or political discussion, or promote political or legal actions or boycotts against any entity
Hijack threads or go off-topic
Spam
"Necro" old threads
Use gigantic images in your signature
Post content from or discuss non-GREE games
Post from multiple forum accounts
Discuss illegal activities
Discuss activities that violate our terms of service (this includes discussion of cheating, hacking, botting, etc.)
Advertise any product and/or service.
Discuss or post in-whole or in-part any private discussion with a staff member or support agent without permission.
Post links to anything that violates these guidelines.

Dirty Mind
10-25-2013, 08:16 PM
this is a great way to spend the time between battles. thanks.
ps. its what I do, I've done nothing wrong.

JDub
10-25-2013, 09:50 PM
the matchups are based on how many people are in the faction and nothing else. Why cant people understand this?

Allday
10-25-2013, 10:27 PM
the matchups are based on how many people are in the faction and nothing else. Why cant people understand this?
We don't get it because you are so smart and we are dumb

Sir josh
10-25-2013, 10:32 PM

Not really true. Our 50 member team is currently being beaten by a 10 member team, all of whom are over 2 million or more higher that our strongest member. Great job Gree....

JDub
10-25-2013, 10:36 PM
Not really true. Our 50 member team is currently being beaten by a 10 member team, all of whom are over 2 million or more higher that our strongest member. Great job Gree....

And what is the member limit of that 10 person faction?

justsomedood5
10-25-2013, 10:58 PM

This couldn't be more wrong. My 60-man faction just matched up with a 19 member SUP team.

CJ D
10-25-2013, 11:07 PM

Absolutely incorrect. The matching system is based on a few factors. The main two being overall attack total of all members in faction and placement.

JDub
10-25-2013, 11:45 PM
This couldn't be more wrong. My 60-man faction just matched up with a 19 member SUP team.

Like I said in my above post; what was the total member limit of the faction? Not how many where actually there

Absolutely incorrect. The matching system is based on a few factors. The main two being overall attack total of all members in faction and placement.

Show me a link to a posting by a Gree/Funzio staff or programmer that says this.

CJ D
10-25-2013, 11:50 PM
I'll find it. But that's where it was posted. Here on the forum. One of the mods had a half page explanation of the pairing system. Been saying I was going to find it again. Lol.

ffp
10-25-2013, 11:53 PM

Try 4 times in a row for us.

SevenO9
10-25-2013, 11:53 PM
Geez, people complaining about a 100k total faction stats difference. If you are that picky you might end up with no match at all. And dont tell me that 100k is huge because you are a one man team. One mean teams are an unwanted extreme and neither Grees nor the other factions problem.

DFI
10-26-2013, 12:17 AM
Sorry to butt in on a two man thread, but with the stat inflation, anything below 500-1000k is a rounding error. You may disagree, but it is.

stressless
10-26-2013, 12:23 AM
every war theres this thread....next please

CJ D
10-26-2013, 12:24 AM
Show me a link to a posting by a Gree/Funzio staff or programmer that says this.

Here ya go jdub. It has been further explained that "strength" is attack...

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?44111-Battle-For-Brazil-1-18-to-1-23!!-Additional-Details-Inside!&highlight=Pairing+system