PDA

View Full Version : Defence leader up again halfway through the battle

smart tiger
10-25-2013, 11:49 AM
Am i missing something here? We were halfway through the battle DL down, wall down, Intel up.. and then we see the DL is up again.. how is this happening? :O

DocLo
10-25-2013, 12:02 PM
Obviously he leveled doing Data Ghost... probably a few times. ;)

smart tiger
10-25-2013, 12:07 PM
dunno man.. nobody else had this issue? weird.. GREE have something against a faction named "Veterans retiree home"? lol

BlackSheep
10-25-2013, 12:24 PM
Happened twice in our battle!

VSH
10-25-2013, 12:31 PM
Hasn't happened yet this time, but did happen last war, lol

Blodiea
10-25-2013, 12:36 PM
I am dl for my faction only got attached once I won.
How do they get to attack the rest of my crew when the one attack they did was a loss?

psuengineer
10-25-2013, 01:04 PM
Just happened in our last war!

ProCision
10-25-2013, 01:06 PM
Just happened to us also.

Mr.Grumpy
10-25-2013, 01:23 PM
happened to us as well

VSH
10-25-2013, 02:34 PM
How do they get to attack the rest of my crew when the one attack they did was a loss?

The enemy doesn't have to beat the DL, they just have to knock out your shield. That opens everyone else up in your team to attack.

KingDante!
10-25-2013, 02:37 PM
Yea, DL has a stamina bar or shied.. whatever you want to call it.

I assume that the huge stat inflation has made it easier to take down walls as well as take out the DL's stamina bar.

I could be wrong though.

this_is_my_user_name
10-25-2013, 04:07 PM
DL is up for the 3rd time in current battle. Fantastic.

Bobar
10-25-2013, 04:56 PM
same here. wtf

http://i1361.photobucket.com/albums/r661/DET-Bobar/LAPTOP/PHOTOBUCKET/FUNZIO/7438f289-b3a8-4835-a1a8-b6667a403243_zps430f8dab.jpg

http://i1361.photobucket.com/albums/r661/DET-Bobar/LAPTOP/PHOTOBUCKET/FUNZIO/8aa0ecd9-58ff-420d-8aa1-2d50866d560f_zpsb83eb943.jpg

Allday
10-25-2013, 06:11 PM
The enemy doesn't have to beat the DL, they just have to knock out your shield. That opens everyone else up in your team to attack.
Please VSH knock our shield down.

a3o
10-25-2013, 10:36 PM
Happened to us as well

Blodiea
10-25-2013, 10:51 PM
The enemy doesn't have to beat the DL, they just have to knock out your shield. That opens everyone else up in your team to attack. so let me get this right. They can attack once lose and that is enough to destroy my shield? It was the only time i got attacked. it was first battle so it is easy to keep track of my attacks/wins

Bobar
10-26-2013, 01:31 AM
so let me get this right. They can attack once lose and that is enough to destroy my shield? It was the only time i got attacked. it was first battle so it is easy to keep track of my attacks/wins

no, if the loose and used powerattack it should just be 50% down

Blodiea
10-26-2013, 05:54 AM
@ Bobar that was why I was confused. I suffered no losses and was only attacked once yet they were attacking my whole team.

knuckk
10-26-2013, 06:13 AM
Ours just came back up 45 minutes in come on gree get this fixed wtf

boco78
10-26-2013, 07:18 AM
Happened to us in this last battle. We took the DL down, already scouted some rivals and then the DL was back up (first for half health and after another 30 minutes it was full health again). Screenshots taken...ticket sent...I wonder what answer will have on this...Way to go Gree...first you screw with the units yesterday...we were fighting against rivals that had the final LTQ units in their inventory...Thanks for pushing me to stop playing this game!

krashnburn
10-26-2013, 07:24 AM
Never seen that happen, fortunately.

Hakim
10-26-2013, 11:28 AM
Just happened to us too..our faction quits this war.

Ulrich von Bek
10-26-2013, 12:24 PM
Happening to us now.

mreilly
10-26-2013, 12:42 PM
Its happened to us twice now during our war vs the german armed forces..

Skoalrulz
10-26-2013, 01:05 PM
We have not had the DL come back, but the other factions wall got put back up

Jerle
10-26-2013, 01:32 PM
If this happens to anyone else, could you post what faction you are in / what faction you are fighting and the approximate time? Device type would be useful as well.

Bobar
10-26-2013, 01:36 PM
If this happens to anyone else, could you post what faction you are in / what faction you are fighting and the approximate time? Device type would be useful as well.

do you need any more information from me? guess you have seen my screenshots

Powerbang
10-26-2013, 01:43 PM

How about some additional testers and an expanded QA/Beta process since your product is consistently horrendous.

Skoalrulz

Our faction leader sent a ticket in with screen shots

Jerle
The screenshots were helpful and we already looked at those, thanks. We added some additional logging code this afternoon to track every possible interaction with the shield, so right now are watching the logs to see if it happens to anyone else since around 1 PM PST. Hopefully not after some tweaks that were made this morning, but if it does occur again we'll have a lot more information to debug with.

thundarr
10-26-2013, 02:09 PM
Maybe its a Lazarus spell

Romulus.
10-26-2013, 02:46 PM
So what about the factions who lost their streaks? Did you ever think about it?

TheRain
10-26-2013, 02:46 PM
Just happened to FFF. We dropped the Defense Leader 7 times. Furthermore we had players that I personally was hitting whose defense was 2.6 million but then jumped to 7.8 million... there are no boost buildings that can do that

We are still compiling our screenshots I will be the POC for my faction.

TheRain
10-26-2013, 02:58 PM
I am attaching the screenshots I have form our guys. Cant get them in the easiest order, but look at the times.

TheRain
10-26-2013, 03:00 PM
2nd set of pics

Dilligaf13
10-26-2013, 03:01 PM
Happened twice in ours and then a third but it self corrected after a couple minutes

TheRain
10-26-2013, 03:02 PM
3rd set of pics

TheRain
10-26-2013, 03:04 PM

4th set of pics

TheRain
10-26-2013, 03:05 PM
we have plenty more of this haction.... Obviously we are requesting you get this resolved because we were barely in the top 100 and drew the 4th ranked team and thye are obviously causing a problem for other users. PLease let me know how else I can be of assistance

Jerle
10-26-2013, 03:17 PM
Hey everyone - I think we're getting close to resolution - finally figured out the problem and are now working on corrective action.

TheRain
10-26-2013, 03:21 PM
Good, Glad we could help.
Since the problem was directly on your end and we helped resolve it, I am sure you will be awarding us win and restoring our streak. Thank you in advance for making this situation "right" in the eyes of you loyal, paying customers.

Jerle
10-26-2013, 03:43 PM
Game is going to cut out for ~2 mins while migrating some data to fix this.

Syros
10-26-2013, 03:57 PM
Game is going to cut out for ~2 mins while migrating some data to fix this.

Thanks for losing the battle for us, I don't even know why I play anymore when you guys think it's OK to do **** like this while people are in the last minutes of battle.

Jerle
10-26-2013, 03:59 PM
Deploy completed - undead Defense Leaders should no longer occur.

For those interested in the details: War progress was being evicted from the caching layer unexpectedly. When we go to read information we query this cache first - and if nothing's there we read the database. Normally this works fine, but since database writes sometimes have a little bit of a delay if the cache unexpectedly dies the db might reload from a slightly older state - in this case when retrieving shield information it would still show as active or partially active.

Apologies for this - it's been a part of the game infrastructure that we've had targeted for improvement for quite a while and we'll be doing some of that during our next daylight savings time maintenance window - so it looks like we ran into a problem one week too early.

Syros
10-26-2013, 04:00 PM
Deploy completed - undead Defense Leaders should no longer occur.

For those interested in the details: War progress was being evicted from the caching layer unexpectedly. When we go to read information we query this cache first - and if nothing's there we read the database. Normally this works fine, but since database writes sometimes have a little bit of a delay if the cache unexpectedly dies the db might reload from a slightly older state - in this case when retrieving shield information it would still show as active or partially active.

Apologies for this - it's been a part of the game infrastructure that we've had targeted for improvement for quite a while and we'll be doing some of that during our next daylight savings time maintenance window - so it looks like we ran into a problem one week too early.

Thanks for the explanation, how do I get the battle we should have won credited to our faction because of this?

Doctor F
10-26-2013, 04:01 PM
That's a good question, what happens with our streak? Is it just apologies the problem is fixed and we are screwed?

Brybry
10-26-2013, 04:04 PM
I dont play mw but didnt happen in cc

Doctor F
10-26-2013, 04:10 PM
Wouldn't it be great to hear Toyota say we are sorry your car burned to the ground but we'll have it fixed on Monday when your neighbor buys one!!

TheRain
10-26-2013, 04:49 PM
It is quite clear that "appropriate resolution" would be to award affected factions their units and streaks. I guess you missed my first post, please ensure that you as support, developers and a company locate the intestinal fortitude to respect your costumers.

KFH
10-26-2013, 04:56 PM
It is quite clear that "appropriate resolution" would be to award affected factions their units and streaks. I guess you missed my first post, please ensure that you as support, developers and a company locate the intestinal fortitude to respect your costumers.i don't see how they could find every faction effected by this and others could just say it. They have never awarded prizes for loses from server errors and i think now would be a bad time to start. something like this has happened every war it's just part of the game by now

TheRain
10-26-2013, 05:31 PM
It is not hard if they review the code. Actually quite simple.

Furthermore, part of the game. Several large computer entertainment companies has llist class action filings over events that made them an profit by not resolving it quickly (this has been a 3 month issue, and well documented).

Lastly, being that Gree has not resolved this and several other known issues they admit to, Google has already begun reviewing their practices which are in direct violation of the Play Store and Gree's own terms of serivce. How to I know? My wives sister is married to the gguy in charge of that investigation. So Gree would be wise to resolve this issue.

Doctor F
10-26-2013, 05:41 PM
I guess if they posted screenshots of the defense leader being up and down with time stamps on them could be considered evidence..just saying

KFH
10-26-2013, 05:44 PM

Furthermore, part of the game. Several large computer entertainment companies has llist class action filings over events that made them an profit by not resolving it quickly (this has been a 3 month issue, and well documented).

Lastly, being that Gree has not resolved this and several other known issues they admit to, Google has already begun reviewing their practices which are in direct violation of the Play Store and Gree's own terms of serivce. How to I know? My wives sister is married to the gguy in charge of that investigation. So Gree would be wise to resolve this issue.my bad had no clue, well if that's the case my faction started a thread about our server error that took us out of a win streak. would like to see compensation for that
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?72380-Updating-event-data-server-error

CroftyB
10-26-2013, 07:35 PM

Lastly, being that Gree has not resolved this and several other known issues they admit to, Google has already begun reviewing their practices which are in direct violation of the Play Store and Gree's own terms of serivce. How to I know? My wives sister is married to the gguy in charge of that investigation. So Gree would be wise to resolve this issue.

Add Apple to the investigation list :D

Bobar
10-27-2013, 08:21 AM
Thanks for working on it that fast

TheRain
10-28-2013, 02:58 PM
Gree support, we are awaiting your resolution to this issue. I expect nothing less complete satisfaction.

TheRain
10-30-2013, 11:00 AM
Still waiting an so are the 58 tickets from my faction... I know you guys are [insert your favorite term here] but this is rediculous.