PDA

View Full Version : Time for two kudos (I think) to GREE

warrends
10-25-2013, 05:49 AM
I've been bashing GREE for a while. Honestly, in my opinion, they deserve most of what I see in the forums. The mods are clearly over-worked and doing their best to make up for the lousy bug-ridden code that the development team submits for us to use. I do play all three games (CC, MW and KA). I began my own personal gold/gem buying boycott in this thread:
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?69078-From-gold-to-free-thanks-to-GREE-...-France-was-the-last-straw
and got a lot of support.

And I was just pissed off and began this thread:
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?71248-More-stupid-from-GREE-LTQ-postponement-announcement
and got a 3 day forum ban for "flaming". (I actually thought that was quite humorous.)

But in recent days they've done well.

1) My son and I are both still CC LLPs. We easily got to tier 1 boss 100 and killed him. My son did so, began boss 100 before the event ended but actually got the kill AFTER the event ended. The event ended at 8 pm USA eastern time Tuesday. He got the kill at 8:30 USA eastern time. But the big 25K loot didn't appear in his inventory. Very disappointing. So I immediately sent in a simple support ticket to GREE saying that he did get the kill but no loot. Two days later (Thursday) I received this e-mail:

Luke Jennings, Oct 24 10:13 (PDT):

Hello,

Thank you for contacting GREE Support. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

As per our records, I reviewed your account information and did find that you have completed "Defeat Melodious Funk 100 Times" Hence, I have gone ahead and credited your account with "Cannibal Mask" reward.

Happy Gaming!

Regards,

Luke Jennings
GREE Support

That made our day. Not only did they answer, but they did so quickly and did so correctly. Thank you to Luke Jennings in GREE support.

2) I've been complaining, as have others, that GREE decided to make this a war weekend for both CC and MW. On initial look this seemed like just a stupid move. No reason for this. Regardless of what the games' schedules happen to be (wars every 3 weeks, every 4 weeks, whatever), adjust one so that your overworked players are not even more overworked. But then I had a sort-of epiphany yesterday.

Daylight Savings Time kicks in in the U.S. next weekend, 3 November. Imagine if any of the games were in war mode and we had to adjust our timing all around the world right in the middle of that war. In all three of my teams (syndicate/faction/guild) we have players from literally all over the planet. Imagine the confusion.

So I am now giving GREE the benefit of the doubt and assuming that although this will be a tough weekend for all of us who play both CC and MW, it may actually be for the better. What would have been best would have been to have one of the mods come into the forums and say that this was a conscious decision to make both war weekends the same and that was why.

I have no idea if this is actually the case. But it at least makes me feel better knowing that there is at least a slight chance that they did actually put some thought into their war scheduling, rather than just randomly choosing weekends that overlap.

TL;DR:
1) GREE has a lot of problems. But they are not ALL bad.
2) Confirmed: You can kill a boss if you begin the 2 hour session before the event ends, even if the kill happens after the event ends. This has been conjecture for a long time, from what I can tell.

baxter_
10-25-2013, 05:57 AM
A moderator mentioned the other day there planning on making the boss dissapear 1 minute before event ends so this confusion won't happen again

warrends
10-25-2013, 05:59 AM
A moderator mentioned the other day there planning on making the boss dissapear 1 minute before event ends so this confusion won't happen again

That's absolutely fine. So long as they make it clear to us exactly how it will work, and do so BEFORE the event begins. Communications and visibility are not GREE's strong points.

ploop
10-25-2013, 06:02 AM
good job gree!!!!

baxter_
10-25-2013, 06:02 AM
Yeah good luck with that . Gree only communicate with ... Well yeah no one

Blaggard
10-25-2013, 06:11 AM
Daylight Saving Time occurs this weekend in the UK.

warrends
10-25-2013, 06:19 AM
Daylight Saving Time occurs this weekend in the UK.

Good to know. But there are 200+ other countries around the world too. Have to consider them all. Short incomplete list of countries where my teammates live in all three games:

USA (majority)
UK (second, as far as I know)
Australia
Denmark
Israel
Singapore
The Netherlands
France

As you can see, my teams span the planet. I want to even say that someone is somewhere in Africa. But I can't remember at the moment.