PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Gree for making the Boss event impossible and ruining the game

thundarr
10-24-2013, 07:04 AM
I want to thank Gree for making the boss event impossible for level 151 and above players like me. A few days ago I was seriously thinking of buying (for $200 real dollars) 2 vaults of gold to complete it. When I realized it would take at least 5, I decided (lucky for me) against it. Now I realize how crazy I have been with this game and have stepped away. The spell has been broken and I will never again spend one penny on this "game". I was obsessed with it like many others tailoring my life around it instead of the other way around. I have been playing 1 year now (on Kindle, iOS, and Android on 3 different devices) and its time to move on regardless of what Gree decides to do with the "game". For me the stat inflation ruined the game. One of my faction mates has been on for almost 2 months and his stats now are almost as high as mine. I have seen others with higher stats than me who have been on for an even shorter time. I used to derive some pleasure in having a HLP and being in faction where I was one of the higher stat players and I was needed during WD events. Now everyone is almost as high or higher so what is the point. The next WD event will be a disaster with every faction having inflated stats and few targets. I will participate as time allows (I will not make time for it) and most likely quit the game afterwards. I will not sell my base or make my return impossible in case Gree regains its sanity and goes back to rewarding the long term players but I am holding out little hope. The whole scenario reminds me of what happened to a chain of department stores recently where the previous CEO decided to bring the venerable chain into the future and embarked on a massive makeover, long time customers, like myself, were shunted aside and new "hip" merchandise for a younger clientele was brought in and there was nothing left for people like me. All the items I used to purchase were on the clearance rack and not to be carried anymore. I proceeded to go to another where I could find what I wanted. We all know what happened, the CEO was fired and the previous CEO brought in to put things back the way they were which is very difficult as peoples shopping habit change and they may not want to go back to the way they were before. The same thing has happened to MW. Gree decided to bring in new players by offering massive units to get them to high stats in a short period of time hoping to bring new players (and of course money) into the game. Unfortunately as in the case of that department store chain the previous players who had spent years and thousands of dollars getting to where were being shunted aside and treated unfairly. Instead of rewarding long time players they penalized them and many have left the game and others (like myself) have lost interest. The game is in ruins now, what was one of the best most enjoyable games I ever played now is a chore of little interest any more.

Pakmom1
10-24-2013, 07:59 AM
Well said!

We've had 4 active MW accts running in my house for a good 1 1/2 yrs. It was really cool, for me at least, when I finally took the dive to switch factions. I found a group of awesome people that loved the game, and kept everyone laughing through the wars. I was one of the underdogs when I switched, which was ok, I had time to grow stronger. Well, my stats have jumped over 600k since June, which you'd think is great, but in reality is nothing compared to what newbies are doing now.

Unfortunately, the game started to drastically change within 2 months of this switch. Our leader did a temporary change of command and has been awol ever since, and we lost about half of the original team. They didn't just leave the faction, some sold out & donated eveything, others gave up their games to other people.

Now, between the non-stop events, stat inflation, rediculously high xp events,...they've turned what was a fun escape into gaming into a second career just to stay competetive. I still play the game, but not as much, and thankfully our team motto is to have fun while kickin butt!

Everyone makes their own choices, and for now I'm still playing, but not as frequently or enthusiastically. To me, that's sad, very sad.

I'm with you thundarr, I hope they dial it back some and give us a reason to love the game again instead of just passing time in it.

DFI
10-24-2013, 08:34 AM
If gree would revise the 150 boss tier and increase the army size as they alluded to earlier, this would bring back some of the lost balance. Let's see if this falls on deaf ears.

HGF69
10-24-2013, 08:41 AM
This has been covered scores of times on here and whilst I don't always agree with complaining I do in this case.

Gree has royally shafted its big gold spenders. The new llp elite will never spend like its loyal long term players who are now sadly leaving because the game is in enjoyable and unfair.

Unless gree realises this quick the game is dead, if it isn't already.

That said some people are happy to spend, I hear there are cases of $50 to join one top 10 team and others handing out $100 fines if the targets aren't met. Insane.

Twist of Cain
10-24-2013, 08:56 AM
I believe the game is in it's last death throe. I am just sticking around to turn off the lights. It would be nice if someone from Gree could sweep the floors once before I flip the switch.

Norseman
10-24-2013, 09:28 AM
I want to thank Gree for making the boss event impossible for level 151 and above players like me. A few days ago I was seriously thinking of buying (for $200 real dollars) 2 vaults of gold to complete it. When I realized it would take at least 5, I decided (lucky for me) against it. Now I realize how crazy I have been with this game and have stepped away. The spell has been broken and I will never again spend one penny on this "game". I was obsessed with it like many others tailoring my life around it instead of the other way around. I have been playing 1 year now (on Kindle, iOS, and Android on 3 different devices) and its time to move on regardless of what Gree decides to do with the "game". For me the stat inflation ruined the game. One of my faction mates has been on for almost 2 months and his stats now are almost as high as mine. I have seen others with higher stats than me who have been on for an even shorter time. I used to derive some pleasure in having a HLP and being in faction where I was one of the higher stat players and I was needed during WD events. Now everyone is almost as high or higher so what is the point. The next WD event will be a disaster with every faction having inflated stats and few targets. I will participate as time allows (I will not make time for it) and most likely quit the game afterwards. I will not sell my base or make my return impossible in case Gree regains its sanity and goes back to rewarding the long term players but I am holding out little hope. The whole scenario reminds me of what happened to a chain of department stores recently where the previous CEO decided to bring the venerable chain into the future and embarked on a massive makeover, long time customers, like myself, were shunted aside and new "hip" merchandise for a younger clientele was brought in and there was nothing left for people like me. All the items I used to purchase were on the clearance rack and not to be carried anymore. I proceeded to go to another where I could find what I wanted. We all know what happened, the CEO was fired and the previous CEO brought in to put things back the way they were which is very difficult as peoples shopping habit change and they may not want to go back to the way they were before. The same thing has happened to MW. Gree decided to bring in new players by offering massive units to get them to high stats in a short period of time hoping to bring new players (and of course money) into the game. Unfortunately as in the case of that department store chain the previous players who had spent years and thousands of dollars getting to where were being shunted aside and treated unfairly. Instead of rewarding long time players they penalized them and many have left the game and others (like myself) have lost interest. The game is in ruins now, what was one of the best most enjoyable games I ever played now is a chore of little interest any more.

Well I think 5 vaults for finishing the 100th boss sounds fair. You have probably skipped LE sets and been a wd slacker compared to the bigger spenders in this game. Looks like you have little or no consideration of their purchased stats being devalued by recent stat inflation.

That being said it is tragic that brand new members and long time campers can perform as well as they do in the boss events. GREE should perhaps make the boss strength across the different tiers converge as one moves toward Level 100. Making the 100th boss have about 330m health for all tiers. While leaving the first bosses easier in the lower tiers their strength would catch up with the higher tiers as one progress in the boss event.

And who says GREE should award a 100k units for free?

S McQueen
10-24-2013, 09:53 AM
The Boss events are not designed for players that have levels over 100. Same as the ltq events aren't designed for players under level 100. This game is a business and they have to make events so they can pull money out of everyone's pockets. I know it sucks. But its something we have to live with.

War lord
10-24-2013, 05:07 PM
Boss events used to b my fav...... Now they kinda suck

Allday
10-24-2013, 05:19 PM
I like the boss event. Nice units very little gold. I'm over lvl 200

Blade of 3
10-24-2013, 07:14 PM
Not only is it incredibly hard, but there is hardly enough time. They add 2 days and assume you can do 50 more bosses that are even harder. You either have to spend money just to keep up or sleep a few hours a day and quit your job. This is just a game, not a job Gree.

SHANESTER
10-24-2013, 07:51 PM
Truth is the new 100 boss structure and their prizes were and are a better boss event then the old. though i used to beat the 50 boss and only did to 80 in the new event i got better stat gains then before.
What wrecked the new boss were the the 2 faction ltqs just prior to the new event. those 2 ltqs with their huge prizes awarded llps stat gains for the big energy work of the hlps in the faction that would have never been possible prior. Obviously the first one had a flaw and just handed everybody huge stat gains so they quickly did a 2nd with another big unit before they realized the damage.
They have since toned down the fltq awards but the damage was done there. all the llps that got in on the big gains from the faction ltq then just dominated the new boss event further compounding the inflation. But had that not happened just before the new 100 boss rolled out. it would have been a fair event and would have been difficult for everybody.
The damage was done and some super llps got created but it will pass as long as they keep the faction events balanced. thats where llps stand to gain ridiculous stats from the work of the hlp.

Norseman
10-25-2013, 04:00 AM
Not only is it incredibly hard, but there is hardly enough time. They add 2 days and assume you can do 50 more bosses that are even harder. You either have to spend money just to keep up or sleep a few hours a day and quit your job. This is just a game, not a job Gree.

It doesn't take that much time, you can speed it up by using gold.