PDA

View Full Version : One of the cool things about GREEs games: "meeting" people

warrends
10-23-2013, 04:56 AM
Yes there are plenty of bugs. Let's just get that out in front. Plenty of complaints in the forums (some warranted and many not) and their customer support team is over-worked simply because THEY have to fix the issues that the players have because the games themselves are so full of garbage code (devs should really take note).

But one cool thing is running into someone you "know" in-game. JediPimp attacked me in-game the other day. At the time I hadn't completed boss 100 but I believe he had (we're both tier 1) and so he was a bit stronger than me. I've been checking in and now that I've done boss 100 as well we are on par with each other. So I went to my news feed and looked him up. Posted on his wall. And since then he and I have had some in-game conversations. We recognized each other's names from here in the forums. That was really cool.

So as much as the games are messed up (yet addicting), the social aspect remains. In all three GREE games (CC, MW and KA) I've made a lot of "virtual" friends. Honestly, it's that that keeps me in the games more than the games themselves. Episodes like this, as well as my syndicate/faction/guild, a bunch of players who I can really get to know and who are inevitably from all around the world. Getting to know random people. The games are at times just bleh. But all of my new BFFs are pretty cool ...

real badman
10-23-2013, 05:00 AM
I have more friends on CC than in real life. :)
I don't trust my real life friends but do trust my CC mates here.

Captain Torgue
10-23-2013, 05:02 AM
This thread brought a tear to my eye.

Sammo the Kid
10-23-2013, 05:34 AM
What level are you?

JediPimp
10-23-2013, 05:43 AM
Good to catch up Warrends, that is certainly one good thing about CC. Made some good mates through this game!

Max Power
10-23-2013, 06:04 AM
People who aren't showing up to your funeral are not really your friends. They are just friendly acquantances.

Cass
10-23-2013, 07:23 AM
Of course. Without the social aspect, teamwork and back and forth banter, these games would be terribly boring. The addition of the syndicates is what got me playing again. And I haven't been able to put it away because of the fun I have with my teammates :)

My2cents
10-23-2013, 07:26 AM
Tl;dr. I have friends in Internetland

GravyTrain
10-23-2013, 07:27 AM
I volunteered myself for recruiting for the team to meet chicks. Just the other day on my LINE app a women offered to send me a video of herself! It's totally working they are flocking to me. :)

Dipstik
10-23-2013, 07:33 AM
I remember at least one person who met his future ex-wife on Crime City :)

mxz
10-23-2013, 08:22 AM
I remember at least one person who met his future ex-wife on Crime City :)Was his in game name "BURN'S G******A WIFE"?

TMI
10-23-2013, 08:52 AM
Was his in game name "BURN'S G******A WIFE"?
What's a swear word that starts with G and ends with A??!

iteachem
10-23-2013, 04:29 PM
I have more friends on CC than in real life. :)
I don't trust my real life friends but do trust my CC mates here.

Is that a reflection of the crime city community or you?

Get out more man

Don Emilio
10-23-2013, 07:05 PM
I feel like having a larger mafia after reading this thread :)

nikosuave
10-24-2013, 06:08 AM
In all three GREE games (CC, MW and KA)
Im assuming by all 3, you mean the games that you play.... there is also Dragon Realms, War of Nations, Monster Quest, JackPot Slots, etc

Max Power
10-24-2013, 06:35 AM
Im assuming by all 3, you mean the games that you play.... there is also Dragon Realms, War of Nations, Monster Quest, JackPot Slots, etc

It goes without saying.

Big-R
10-24-2013, 07:13 AM
I get some of you like the social aspect, but the game was far better before syndicates. More playable, less glitchy and less whiney people involved.

warrends
10-24-2013, 10:24 AM
What level are you?

Now level 37. Teir 1 boss, at low levels, really gets you up in a hurry. But I've got a 9000:1 stat to level ratio. JediPimp and I, though we're in different syndicates, plan to level up together now that we're BFFs.

warrends
10-24-2013, 10:33 AM
People who aren't showing up to your funeral are not really your friends. They are just friendly acquantances.

Tl;dr. I have friends in Internetland

Think of this however you want. I've got plenty of real life buddies, boys and girls alike (as well as my wife and kids). But it's a different situation entirely when you hop into a random group of Internet people with a specific purpose and goal in mind. The teamwork makes you have group hugs and figure out how to complete every goal, and even which goals you want to complete. For me at least it's a whole nother environment.

And yes all 3 games = CC, MW and KA. And unfortunately very active in all three, though trying to downsize my KA activity (that's not working so far). I opened Dragon Realms just to get the loot for CC. Then uninstalled. Haven't bothered with any other GREE games. I actually might not be all that unhappy if I accidentally drop my phone in the pool sometime ...

Max Power
10-24-2013, 11:31 AM
Think of this however you want. I've got plenty of real life buddies, boys and girls alike (as well as my wife and kids). But it's a different situation entirely when you hop into a random group of Internet people with a specific purpose and goal in mind. The teamwork makes you have group hugs and figure out how to complete every goal, and even which goals you want to complete. For me at least it's a whole nother environment.

And yes all 3 games = CC, MW and KA. And unfortunately very active in all three, though trying to downsize my KA activity (that's not working so far). I opened Dragon Realms just to get the loot for CC. Then uninstalled. Haven't bothered with any other GREE games. I actually might not be all that unhappy if I accidentally drop my phone in the pool sometime ...

Yeah, I get it, and you seem to have some sort of balance, but some of the posts I have seen here, these people place more importance on fake digital friends than real ones. Given that many people spend 8-14 hours a day in this game, maybe that makes sense. It sure does sound like a fairly hollow existence, though....

warrends
10-24-2013, 11:51 AM
Yeah, I get it, and you seem to have some sort of balance, but some of the posts I have seen here, these people place more importance on fake digital friends than real ones. Given that many people spend 8-14 hours a day in this game, maybe that makes sense. It sure does sound like a fairly hollow existence, though....

Agreed 100%. For me it's a way to get away from the real world, an escape. For others ... who knows?

And I need to find myself a cool avatar like you have Max. Mebbe a pic of my Harley ...

Molly's Voice
10-24-2013, 12:08 PM
While interweb friends may be all fine and dandy for some, use my experience as a warning. Don't trust them with personal info or private pictures. When envy reigns supreme they may just post those pics on a public forum. Dirty deeds indeed.

pervbear
10-24-2013, 12:17 PM
I trust all my online friends with my credit card info.

Rebels
10-24-2013, 12:17 PM
While interweb friends may be all fine and dandy for some, use my experience as a warning. Don't trust them with personal info or private pictures. When envy reigns supreme they may just post those pics on a public forum. Dirty deeds indeed.

You have changed! The old MV would have said something in bad taste not anything making sense.

warrends
10-24-2013, 12:24 PM

That's the case with the entire Internet. And chicks you pick up in bars. And the maid you hire to clean your house while you're not watching her every minute ...

Only info my teammates have is the general place in the state in which I live, my real first name, my son's name (he's in my syndicate too), and that I have a wife and two kids. Oh, and that picture of my Harley that I mentioned above.

Internet friends are definitely different than real life friends. That should be obvious to everyone. And that includes the babe who e-mails me every day saying that she can help me to make my you-know-what larger, and that Nigerian king as well.

Obviously you learned this the hard way ... Sorry 'bout that.

Sal The Stockbroker
10-24-2013, 12:48 PM
You have changed! The old MV would have said something in bad taste not anything making sense.

Not his fault you were unable to follow. As they say...can't fix stupid.

Rebels
10-24-2013, 12:49 PM
Ain't no thing but a chicken wing

JediPimp
10-25-2013, 03:15 AM
Now level 37. Teir 1 boss, at low levels, really gets you up in a hurry. But I've got a 9000:1 stat to level ratio. JediPimp and I, though we're in different syndicates, plan to level up together now that we're BFFs.

I think we're actually 10000:1 stat ratio now B-)

I'm camping mine a bit so I can finish the next boss in tier 2. I want 500k attack before I go for it, which shouldn't be too hard. My main account contributes towards syndicate ltqs like no other :-)

N41LZ
10-25-2013, 03:32 AM
Was his in game name "BURN'S G******A WIFE"?

I thought it was the one who's initials were J C ?

jonnybravo2
10-25-2013, 07:03 AM
[QUOTE=warrends;1043312]That's the case with the entire Internet. And chicks you pick up in bars. And the maid you hire to clean your house while you're not watching her every minute ...

Arnold Schwarzenegger had no trouble trusting his maid that seemed to work