PDA

View Full Version : What motivated you to start playing Modern War.

DaBoss!
10-22-2013, 06:33 PM
I found out about modern war when i was surfing the app store looking for games to play. What is your all story.

Badass action man
10-22-2013, 06:35 PM
same, used to be a great game

Gen. Jaden
Looking for an app that fits this games exact description.

jgmecarter
Same as you.

Agent Orange
10-22-2013, 08:18 PM
I was invited when it was pre released in Canada.

pimmen8
10-22-2013, 09:57 PM
Some friends of me were playing the game

Jhenry02
10-23-2013, 01:51 AM
I saw it on the top grossing apps. Read the description, seemed like off version of earth 2025. The game itself is very simple to understand, for a luddite like me that's great. You can have fun in this game if you spend zero dollars or thousands. You just have to know your place and find a good crew.

I loved playing earth 2025. It's an old text based Internet game in the mold of civilization. What kills me is that this game has features far surpassing modern war but is at least 15 years old.

I joined, farted around a bit, found out a good buddy of mine plays and stuck with it. So shout out to dr. Glickenstein/winkadink for getting me too it. Thanks to all the homies in cell block six for keeping it fun. Luck found me here, people kept me here.

I haven't been around the forums much anymore because all it is anymore is complaints. I do love logging in and seeing serious private messages asking for help.

But we all have our list of people who keep it fun.
Jeb, Keith, Steve, Eli, Paul, TG, Kris, Briggy, Aaron, Ryan, Sam, and the many many others who strive to keep this game fun without going psychotic.

Pouring em out for homies gone bye, max, foxtail, cbr, and Dan.

Strong work gentlemen, strong work.

-J

SGT Rud
10-23-2013, 04:22 AM
My brother-in-law found it somewhere on google play. He tried to talk my wife and I into it. She sunk her teeth in, but I help out for almost 3 weeks. All he wanted us to do was download the game, start a player, give him the allies code, and then....He could have cared less if we continued or not. He had no idea there was a forum or a whole community. He isnt very computer friendly either.

My wife started playing, and after much deliberation, I started. Got hooked, and this was back prior to factions.
I wasnt until a few months later that I was googling MW allies codes to up my strength, when I found the forums. Now Im hooked here too.

Tried to play war of nations, but lost interest in about an hour. I remember first starting MW, when my energy was 100 or something, and I had 5 stamina-ish, and I got about 2 minutes of game play, then had to let it sit for an hour prior to doing anything else. Now with all the energy regen units and events and timers and bells and whistles, I can play non stop. Except for the current LTQ, as to which it is very boring just collecting from my base.

Blade of 3
10-23-2013, 04:53 AM
Saw someone playing so I thought I should give it a try.

Max Power
10-23-2013, 06:20 AM
They promoted it so CC players with the lure of a free gun if you signed up and played through level 3.

There were glitches.

Thief
10-23-2013, 07:43 AM
There ARE glitches.

There fixed that for you Max :D

Yea i also signed up as i had seen it pop up in the app store back in december of 2011.

I didn't do much with it at first and leveled up to 40 or 45 before i realized that everyone was beating me and i was weak. I didn't understand how leveling up was benefiting me when i needed cash and resouces so i slowed down to camp a little and grow my IPH (back when an IPH could actually make you competitive). I remember my focus was to try and get my oil Rigs up in level but man that took FOREVER! In March i had found the forums and i was a lurker for about 2 months before deciding to start an account.

The Pharoah
10-23-2013, 08:08 AM
It was free. 'Nuff said.

Ghost-12
10-23-2013, 08:41 AM
...Well I used to play lots of games through FB.
One day I decided to delete my fb account which let me with no games to play on my
spare time.I love any military game and have tried many different ones
(still have them in my phone).
193 days ago I stumbled upon this app MW, saw the army character and gave it a go...
First mistake I made was adding allies like crazy (lv 10 with over 100 allies),
I couldn`t win a war and of course I didn`t used the RAID option to see
how strong my rival were compared to me :/
...Well after many stressful days of not finding answer when needed
and definitely not once have I gotten help from customer service,
I ask myself why I keep playing? (struggle of becoming more powerful could be it for me lol)
is a good game don`t get me wrong, But it definitely has the potential to become way better...

stephen2013
10-23-2013, 01:30 PM
Saw it on the app store, and I actually rejected it a few times by scrolling past. Then one day, I decided to give it a try.

And here we are now, 20 months later lol