PDA

View Full Version : How to have fun playing for FREE!

Agent Orange
10-22-2013, 03:59 PM
Looks like the devs really do like free players after all.

After doing some testing I came to the conclusion that it was far more fun to set up some LLPs and play an entirely different strategy.

1) Only buy energy with skill points.

2) Do not buy defence skill points, there is a glitch in the way the app deals with these so you don't need them.

3) Do not buy defence buildings, they are worthless especially now with such high stats available to low level players.

4) DO NOT buy gold, you absolutely do not need it!

5) Drop into your HLP's faction for specific events where they can take advantage of your level and energy. Then withdraw for WD since it's hopeless anyway unless you are in the top 3 factions.

Since Apple was so kind as to release new versions of the iPad and iPad mini today I'm expecting to see a price drop on the current one's and older one's soon. Why spend thousands of dollars on your HLP when for a couple of quid you can pick up a refurbished (Apple online store) or used IOS device? Or just swipe your partners IOS device. Btw Android is still a mess so I would avoid the game on these unless you have a very high tolerance level for bugs, glitches, crashes and non functioning aspects of the game.

Set up a brand spanking new player, use some clever name like Alex and have fun.

The most important part of this is above, you want to funnel all your skill points into energy to take advantage of the mess Gree has made of XP.

Next part is to take advantage of the daily unit bonus, basically you are building an all Indestructible army for FREE! Thanks Gree! The next part is a bit trickier, you want to fly under the radar for a bit with 1 ally while you get up to the point where you can see Suspicious Village and lower so you can take advantage of all these high XP targets during these LTQ's. Granted I bet you can get at these sooner...

I honestly am not sure whether you need an economy, seems like a waste of time now since you can get units for free that are so much stronger than anything you can buy and if you play your cards right you can raid the crap out of others players who are camping and building money buildings. Those of us on the receiving end, might be worth just using the old PUN cloak and get rid of these things.

So now you've eliminated several areas of irritation in the game, getting raided and loosing units! And best yet you aren't spending any real money doing it!

This might not work for this event but with some careful planning you will have a hoot in the next....

Agent Orange
10-22-2013, 04:02 PM
Forgot to also thank Gree for not requiring you to have any particular units in order to kill the LTQ bosses! Sweet, so you don't even need unit buildings any more. In fact the more I think about it you actually don't need anything other than that Comm centre on your base......

Powerbang
10-22-2013, 04:03 PM
This thread made me giggle

Zulfiqaar
10-22-2013, 04:15 PM
Sticky this!! Should be a new FAQ!!

aphroKEN
10-22-2013, 04:22 PM
When you buy your refurbished iDevice, just hope the previous owner did not play MW on it and level up really high.

iZheil9152
10-22-2013, 04:36 PM
When you buy your refurbished iDevice, just hope the previous owner did not play MW on it and level up really high.

There are work-arounds to reset your account

---------------------------------------------------------------
And the only gold I get for my LLP is thru vids. Some of the gold buildings at level 10 are valuable for a LLP account

Agent Orange
10-22-2013, 05:51 PM

Very easy to reset the device back to factory specs. Trust me I do this with all the IOS devices at work when they are repurposed.

Agent Orange
10-22-2013, 05:56 PM
There are work-arounds to reset your account

---------------------------------------------------------------
And the only gold I get for my LLP is thru vids. Some of the gold buildings at level 10 are valuable for a LLP account

Excellent point, oh and a trick it looks like if you watch too many consecutive videos they will block you so I only watch three at a time.

iZheil9152
10-22-2013, 06:12 PM
Excellent point, oh and a trick it looks like if you watch too many consecutive videos they will block you so I only watch three at a time.

That would only hurt GREE's ad revenue. Why would they block you?
The amount of videos you get at a time are random as far as I can tell

Kefa
10-22-2013, 06:40 PM
Awesome thread!!

I'm pretty sure the number of vids you are allowed to watch is based on your physical location and the amount of money paid by the Tapjoy's clients for advertising to your area or genre. Their client pays for x-number of plays to demographics with certain criteria, and is only charged when the video is watched through to the end.

Blade of 3
10-22-2013, 07:01 PM
If I didn't already have 3 accounts I'm messing with I'd definitely try this for the heck of it. Maybe if they keep this ridiculous xp for ltq I might.

Agent Orange
10-22-2013, 08:14 PM

I was testing this out with one of my LLPs they got cut off when they watched 10 videos in a row. And this has not been reset so far.

Agent Orange
10-22-2013, 08:17 PM
If I didn't already have 3 accounts I'm messing with I'd definitely try this for the heck of it. Maybe if they keep this ridiculous xp for ltq I might.

I currently have 6 IOS and 6 Android accounts set up on top of 3 dead Bluestacks accounts on OSX. Stick with 3-4 tops it's no fun anymore trying to keep on top of this many. And I nuked all the other Gree games as well so I now only play MW but inevitably I will start nuking some of the current number as well once I get bored experimenting.

Ranger4Life
10-22-2013, 09:48 PM
Come on AO you have been around long enough to know you don't post this kind of stuff unless you want it nerfed?!? Unless that was your plan....

Long dong silver
10-22-2013, 11:22 PM
AO, u r funny.! Quality bloke with the biggest MW workstation in history lmao. Looking forward to next WD with ur test faction.

Cheers
Lee

Dutchie
10-23-2013, 12:08 AM
I currently have 6 IOS and 6 Android accounts set up on top of 3 dead Bluestacks accounts on OSX. Stick with 3-4 tops it's no fun anymore trying to keep on top of this many. And I nuked all the other Gree games as well so I now only play MW but inevitably I will start nuking some of the current number as well once I get bored experimenting.

I thought I was mad having several accounts but you take it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-uyWAe0NhQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-uyWAe0NhQ ;)

marklinalexanderho
10-23-2013, 12:49 AM
wow! very interesting post! hmm.. i'm impressed dat u can play so many accounts it's quite time consuming imo. anyway good job!

Agent Orange
10-23-2013, 06:31 AM
AO, u r funny.! Quality bloke with the biggest MW workstation in history lmao. Looking forward to next WD with ur test faction.

Cheers
Lee

Yup kind of got out of control, too bad Bluestacks on OSX is dead, it was fun playing on a big monitor!

Dutchie, thanks for the link! That was a fun video and I like the tune!

Marklin, yes it gets pretty hairy during WD. Easy to loose track of which player is up next so I now arrange the different devices in a specific order so I don't miss one! Plus one player is on my wife's cell phone so it's a bit of a fight to commandeer it for the battles!

Bndawgs
10-23-2013, 06:48 AM
Forgot to also thank Gree for not requiring you to have any particular units in order to kill the LTQ bosses! Sweet, so you don't even need unit buildings any more. In fact the more I think about it you actually don't need anything other than that Comm centre on your base......

this would be funny. a lvl 10 guy with 300k in stats with no base or buildings with an iph of like $25. lol

Agent Orange
10-23-2013, 06:53 AM
this would be funny. a lvl 10 guy with 300k in stats with no base or buildings with an iph of like $25. lol

Would be very frustrating for rivals! Plus if you get hit don't rebuild it so there are no targets to hit on your base. PUN used this strategy at the very beginning though it was called cloaking your base......

jaxson22
10-23-2013, 08:28 AM
"Set up a brand spanking new player, use some clever name like Alex and have fun."

Best part of the entire idea!!!

The Major Wolf
10-23-2013, 09:20 AM
I've already done most of this already, and have had good results. Even better now that my Droid account actually allows videos. Though I have more allies than I want, it sure is no where near 100, let alone 500. For WD, it may be a decoy to help faction, so dropping out of WD is not feasible

iZheil9152
10-23-2013, 10:44 AM
Awesome thread!!

I'm pretty sure the number of vids you are allowed to watch is based on your physical location and the amount of money paid by the Tapjoy's clients for advertising to your area or genre. Their client pays for x-number of plays to demographics with certain criteria, and is only charged when the video is watched through to the end.
Well, it's not even tap joy that runs the videos so... Your point?

Agent Orange
10-23-2013, 11:44 AM
"Set up a brand spanking new player, use some clever name like Alex and have fun."

Thanks! ;)

Dopfer
10-23-2013, 01:47 PM
I actually created a mule account to do exactly this.. Started it right after last WD and it's already lvl 240 thanks to these high xp ltqs.. I level before I run out of energy and then get a full bar so it never ends.. All skill points I straight to energy.. My faction loves it :) just pull out for war to not give enemies an easy target.. Good guide tho

I Will Merc You
10-23-2013, 02:07 PM
What is the glitch in regards to defensive skill points?

........I'm level 102...and I have 278 defensive skill points....and 2 offensive skill points.....

I hope the glitch is in the 'good' :)

Agent Orange
10-23-2013, 02:48 PM
Sent you a PM but you might be doing the reverse of the glitch I'm thinking of.

SGT Mike
10-24-2013, 01:02 PM

yup :p

additional characters so I can post this :P

Dominatrix
10-25-2013, 08:33 AM
What's so special about Alex?

Agent Orange
10-25-2013, 05:31 PM
What's so special about Alex?

Alex was the name that Team Pirate used in the very first battle which caused some confusion. Alex is also the default name given to a player who does not choose one and is also the name that Funzio gave to players who were banned.

Agent Orange
10-26-2013, 04:12 PM
Coming up next, "How to get 50 WD wins without using any gold".....