PDA

View Full Version : Low Level Players in Syndicate Battles

TobysPaw
10-21-2013, 11:41 AM
This may be a basic question but I was wondering if having really weak players in a syndicate is actually harmful?

We're in a syndicate with 25/36 players, so around 11 spots open and we get a lot of requests from really low level players, maybe level 10 or below with terrible stats.

My question is not really whether having these players is useless, its about whether its worse than useless? Sure, they can be easy targets during the war but opponents scoring points doesn't really affect ones own positioning.

What do other syndicates do? Do you reject low level requests even if there's be no-one else to fill those spots?

wetwebster
10-21-2013, 12:04 PM
We are in about the same position and have been debating the same thing. They can be useful as dl power attack or wall bashers or even other syndicate low lvl hitters. With the current stat inflation in a couple months they can be heavy hitters if active. I would like to hear what big money's opinion is on this.

Rebels
10-21-2013, 12:30 PM
If you are struggling for numbers then select carefully. If they can communicate well and are active then sign them up.
There are also plenty of worthless leeches that can do more harm than good.

Remember some of these low levels will stay on and become key members in the future.

Im Jahova
10-21-2013, 12:38 PM
If they have terrible stats then yes they are worse as they will give up points to the other team.

And I don't take low players in my syndicate, no matter how many spots we have open

SC4R
10-21-2013, 12:53 PM
We added a few for open slots in the past. they are horrible, starting battles out of schedule

Rebels
10-21-2013, 01:11 PM
We added a few for open slots in the past. they are horrible, starting battles out of schedule

Yes they have to communicate well or drop them as fast as possible.

Rebels
10-21-2013, 01:14 PM
If they have terrible stats then yes they are worse as they will give up points to the other team.

And I don't take low players in my syndicate, no matter how many spots we have open

As long as their stats are good for their level then points scored off them won't be an issue. Most people target high levels with crap stats and leave the small fry alone.

Use them as cannon fodder....wall hitters and PA.

Laelia
10-21-2013, 01:27 PM
really low level players do not give up many points since max poiints are scored by beating players 40 levels (or more)above the attacker. If a level 30 player hits the wall in 25 or 30 battles, he can score perhaps 1000 points and save hits for stronger players.

Players at level 50 or 60 may find it hard to find targets but by participating in many, many battles (40 or more per weekend) these players will find the occasional target and must really pound them when they do appear.

A weak player who shows up all the time is often more valuable than a strong player who doesn't

Stooboot
10-21-2013, 02:06 PM
Mostly if ur just looking for someone to hit the wall and dl than u just want to make sure that player is active but there u should make a cut off somewhere dont just accept players with 10k stats, there are thousands of players in this game

alex6789
10-21-2013, 02:31 PM
This may be a basic question but I was wondering if having really weak players in a syndicate is actually harmful?

We're in a syndicate with 25/36 players, so around 11 spots open and we get a lot of requests from really low level players, maybe level 10 or below with terrible stats.

My question is not really whether having these players is useless, its about whether its worse than useless? Sure, they can be easy targets during the war but opponents scoring points doesn't really affect ones own positioning.

What do other syndicates do? Do you reject low level requests even if there's be no-one else to fill those spots? don't forget that these players can be awesome boss killers in events like the one going on now!

CCKallDAY
10-21-2013, 04:45 PM
don't forget that these players can be awesome boss killers in events like the one going on now!Espescially ones in the first tier :)

Gingeasian
10-21-2013, 04:46 PM
If they contribute then add them

reesebutton
10-21-2013, 08:05 PM
They gotta be super active + communicate well + and have and att/level that is >= the mean in my syn.

Sometimes, you'll unearth a solid player who'll build up well and become a part of your syn's core group.
Othertimes, you'll find scummy useless players who just leech and never say a damn thing. Drop those.

mg74
10-21-2013, 08:46 PM
I have members in my syndicate that created mini accnts and have been using them for dl and pa..and knowing that its your own members mini accnt rather accepting someone else...and with new events going on like now their stats have inflated...I have a member with his mini accnt in lvl 40 with 300k in stats now...just as long they are active it wnt hurt...

HTCBC
10-21-2013, 11:38 PM
becareful as well. one bad apple can kill your syndicate. DO NOT take them in a week before the battle open the doors for a week after the battle then you can see how they roll. Pressing that big red button for a fight will cause you issues.

JediPimp
10-22-2013, 12:45 AM

Consider yourself lucky... at least they showed up lol.

They are good for PA, but walls? Forget it, they do next to no damage and you need a load of them. I'd sooner have a level 250 hitting walls than a level 10.

JediPimp
10-22-2013, 12:47 AM
I have members in my syndicate that created mini accnts and have been using them for dl and pa..and knowing that its your own members mini accnt rather accepting someone else...and with new events going on like now their stats have inflated...I have a member with his mini accnt in lvl 40 with 300k in stats now...just as long they are active it wnt hurt...

Yup, this is what I've done. My main player I started at the beginning, playing with no clue... these days he's awful stats wise (L180 460k/537k) and my LLP who I started about 6-8 weeks ago is level 36 with well over 300k attack/def.

Captain Torgue
10-22-2013, 12:47 AM
Forget the advice above, if you only have 36 active member slots right now your primary focus should be unlocking all the bonuses. If it were me I would happily take on someone who didn't have great stats but good IPH so they could donate more $$$ to the syndicate and unlock the rest of the bonuses you are missing out on.

MWWM J
10-22-2013, 02:34 AM
If you are struggling for numbers then select carefully. If they can communicate well and are active then sign them up.
There are also plenty of worthless leeches that can do more harm than good.

Remember some of these low levels will stay on and become key members in the future.
I helped out a lvl 2 learn the ropes and build his IPH and stats without having to do a thing or donatr and as soon as he starts getting strong get from the boss he thinks he's big and bad and ditches us without a word. Thing that PO'd me was I had him there for over 10 weeks teaching him. We made him into a mini beast with all the syn prizes and streaks. Well it happens. I say disband low levels. More than likely they're leeches and want your bonuses and prizes.

pedrombv
10-22-2013, 01:13 PM
In my Syndicate we accept all, despite all the cons :)