PDA

View Full Version : Boss Tiers Need to be Updated

thundarr
10-20-2013, 08:20 PM
With the recent massive stat inflation long time players are at a HUGE disadvantage in the Boss event. The 151-300 tier lumps everyone together. New players that are at under 100 tier can rack up massive bonuses as well as those who started recently and those who kept their levels low while long time players are stuck with impossible bosses and enormous amounts of gold to complete. I am stopping at Boss 65 because it would take at least 5 or 6 vaults to complete. If Gree were smart they would make it at least plausible. How many players can afford to spend $6-700 to complete the Boss event when new players with lower tiers can get by with a fraction of that. Make it 2 or event 3 vaults but 6 or 7? If you have a attack of 5 million then its easier but if you are 1.5 to say 3 its a brutal event.

johnny_blayze
10-20-2013, 09:33 PM
With the recent massive stat inflation long time players are at a HUGE disadvantage in the Boss event. The 151-300 tier lumps everyone together. New players that are at under 100 tier can rack up massive bonuses as well as those who started recently and those who kept their levels low while long time players are stuck with impossible bosses and enormous amounts of gold to complete. I am stopping at Boss 65 because it would take at least 5 or 6 vaults to complete. If Gree were smart they would make it at least plausible. How many players can afford to spend $6-700 to complete the Boss event when new players with lower tiers can get by with a fraction of that. Make it 2 or event 3 vaults but 6 or 7? If you have a attack of 5 million then its easier but if you are 1.5 to say 3 its a brutal event.

Boss event is getting stupid now. We have one of our lowest stats guys (was low level) and with 2 boss events jump to the highest stat with little to no gold spent due to his boss-tier. If I was to spend gold to accomplish what he did with 400 gold, I'd have used 10,000 gold. I've been playing 2 years almost and in 30 days he's accomplished 75% of the stats I have with little gain to XP and will get massive WD points too. It's bogus, it's to make old timers spend massive vaults to keep up but have new guys spend some because its such a huge benefit. They've figured a model to milk the old-timers at the expense of some new players.

Seriously, to finish all 100 level bosses, I need to use 7500 gold while others need less than 200, nice playing field Gree.

stephen2013
10-20-2013, 10:32 PM
Once again, XP is the bane of our existence.

Those who put hard work in and play the game are only stepped on in the end.

I don't know how they see this.

krabbie
10-20-2013, 10:42 PM
This thread is exactly what I was thinking! Have been playing for 2 years now and newbies can get better stats easily! How about extra tiersaround levels 200 and 250 and a prize difference for the tiers, where the lowest tiers get lower prizes?

johnny_blayze
10-20-2013, 11:04 PM
I understand Gree wants to make money. I honestly could put a vault to get the 100 boss kills, but 5 vaults, come on, that's not fair considering some people do it with 1/10 of a vault to finish as it stands now.

I get they've figured they can fleece long time players into going for the massive stat boost, and obviously some have deeper pockets than some to achieve this, great on them.

But if it was more reasonable to achieve, I think they'd get WAY MORE people buying gold to complete and at the end make the SAME profit.

Or at least give an event where being high level and decent stat has a benefit.

I know Raid Bosses will be level neutral, but when people are gaining 1 - 2 million attack in 30 days off 2 Boss Events with little gold, they're already going to do the same damage as long time higher level players because their stats are almost equal now. So in Raid Bosses they'll continue to enjoy the same benefits, so we don't win there either.

FvF is favorable to higher level / rank / stat player for the most part, but they give the WORST prizes for that and none are boosts. Every way and how, they screw over high level players who are the most loyal customers they have.

It's the most bizarre loyalty program I've ever seen. Imagine collecting Air Miles to find out as a loyal Air Miles subscriber, you're going to pay more for a flight then someone who hasn't been as loyal to the program than you.

Or, when I sign up for my phone plan, as a loyal customer I pay more than the new guy. Anytime I've ever got a service from my phone company, as a loyal customer they've given me better than current plans.

Gree has a pretty backwards model to me.

sraghav42
10-21-2013, 03:14 AM
I wish we get back to 50 bosses event

knuckk
10-21-2013, 05:01 AM
IM lvl 153 nearing 1 mil in stats spend Probly a vault and a half for past six months but with the way gree has changed things I no longer buy gold as a vault is useless in most events individual ltq a are a Xp train wreck, commando and DVD prizes r no longer relevant , boss fights r 6-7 vaults from being able to finish gree has ruined every event player for year and a half and I'm on the verge of doing what so many have quitting if it wasn't for the wonderful team I've assembled I would have already been gone

Blade of 3
10-21-2013, 05:16 AM
I know people that created an account a month or so ago and are breaking 1 mil in the level 30s. That's unbelievable. For practically no gold. This game is losing its skill level.

SevenO9
10-21-2013, 05:22 AM
....This game is losing its skill level.

There is a skill level in this game? We obviously play different games.

Gunfighter
10-21-2013, 05:31 AM
With the new FLTQs there is much greater parity among levels now. The boss tiers really need to be heavily modified or phased out all together. The fact that the boss for the top tier is 3 times greater than the next highest tier is ridiculous! Especially considering that many in that top tier are some of their most loyal players (and highest spenders).

MagnusDux
10-21-2013, 07:20 AM
I wish we get back to 50 bosses event

Amen to that! It's SOOOOOOO boring tapping that screen every 10mins for 7 days....

Thief
10-21-2013, 07:28 AM
I've been advocating this for as long as i can remember.

It never made since to me that the tier should be 151-250. Now that we have level 300 it makes even less sense. I have sent a ticket in to Gree in the past and i would reccomend anyone do the same. The only one it wouldn't benefit are those already over lvl 251 as they are already in the highest tier.

Keir
10-21-2013, 11:34 AM
I think it is quite clear this is because the tier used to go up to 200 and they have been too lazy to update. We should really get on board with this post. I am honestly considering giving up because I can't face starting again but being level 151 plus sucks.

Durt McGurt
10-21-2013, 11:56 AM
I've been advocating this for as long as i can remember.

It never made since to me that the tier should be 151-250. Now that we have level 300 it makes even less sense. I have sent a ticket in to Gree in the past and i would reccomend anyone do the same. The only one it wouldn't benefit are those already over lvl 251 as they are already in the highest tier.

If/When they update boss tiers...do you really think they will make it easier for those in the Level 151-200 or 201 to 250 bracket?

I think they would keep the current top tier as the Level 151-200...then make 2 harder tiers for the 2 higher tiers, thus further penalizing the long time players whom play the game for playing the game.

I guess you must have just stepped into the level 151 tier? Sucks doesnt it.

Corporal Punishment 2
10-21-2013, 12:37 PM
If/When they update boss tiers...do you really think they will make it easier for those in the Level 151-200 or 201 to 250 bracket?

I think they would keep the current top tier as the Level 151-200...then make 2 harder tiers for the 2 higher tiers, thus further penalizing the long time players whom play the game for playing the game.

As someone who recently started a new account to try out BlueStacks (BlueSucks!), I was surprised I managed to go all the way without any gold. I can only think that GREE want to have a way of allowing new players to the game to fast-track and become competitive. Otherwise, no new blood means no new customers.

Thief
10-21-2013, 12:56 PM

I mean this time the upped difficulty 50% on boss 100 when compared to the last boss 100 for this tier. Overall it was absurd regardless if you were lvl 151 or 300. If they keep upping the boss by 50% then they will simply have players give up before reaching the goal.

Currently i would imagine that next boss they go:

251-300: Boss 100: 330 Million
201-250: Boss 100: 300 Million
151-200: Boss 100: 250 Million.

Needless to say i think the structure is a little more balanced and between those 150 levels offers a slight improvement. Obviously Gree can play with the numbers as they see fit (and its still pretty high IMHO) but a stand from which i think people will maximize spending.

As for the 151...not quite but its coming to an end very shortly due to me doing the LTQ that gave out the Omega War chopper.

johnny_blayze
10-21-2013, 02:28 PM
As someone who recently started a new account to try out BlueStacks (BlueSucks!), I was surprised I managed to go all the way without any gold. I can only think that GREE want to have a way of allowing new players to the game to fast-track and become competitive. Otherwise, no new blood means no new customers.

New people should be competitive, but letting them in 30 days have the same stats as people who've been playing daily for 2 years !?

To how how backwards this is, he's a comparable situation:

Example: Lets say I'm a loyal season-ticket owner of a sports team. Now they offer new season tickets, for me to get the tickets it costs me 7500 because I've been with them for a long time. Now there's a new customer, they can get the exact same thing for 200. Thanks I get to pay 3650% more because I've been loyal for 2 years and you're giving the customer something for almost free.

No business operates at these extremes.

I could have created a new account 60 days ago and for free have been as good as my current account, that's just plain stupidity at every level.

I'm personally enjoying the game because of my faction members, but will not pay a single dollar more ever for a Gree product until they fix their imbalance (no holding my breath on that). I doubt most new players who enjoyed all the stat increase will even generate the same revenue as me or other long time players have and all they're doing is alienating their loyal base.

Most completely backwards business model I've ever seen.

Keir
10-21-2013, 03:21 PM
I heard that the difficulty was based on the players in that bracket so if you are in 1-25 it is so easy as there are so many level 5 100 attack acs of guys that have up but in the current 151-300 tier you have all or most of SUP plus all the guys that couldn't care less about XP as they have always been at the ceiling. If they don't change it they are crazy! I haven't spent any gold since last WD event as the bosses are too hard and the LTQ have been far too much experience.

Chris_
10-21-2013, 03:47 PM
I used to always spend gold to finish Off the boss. But since they have made it ridiculously hard I don't even try anymore. I go as far as cash hits will allow me to. I was able to get to 73 on this boss but didn't even think twice about buying any gold to finish.They really need to break the tiers up. How is a lvl 151 player supposed to do the same as a lvl 270 player. And I am in the 151-300 teir

johnny_blayze
10-21-2013, 05:51 PM
I used to always spend gold to finish Off the boss. But since they have made it ridiculously hard I don't even try anymore. I go as far as cash hits will allow me to. I was able to get to 73 on this boss but didn't even think twice about buying any gold to finish.They really need to break the tiers up. How is a lvl 151 player supposed to do the same as a lvl 270 player. And I am in the 151-300 teir

Level 270 aren't necessarily stronger. They've been handicapped on every single Boss event for a long time as well. Early on in the game, level meant nothing really, just you had less energy, stamina so leveling up was a way to get more raids, attacks and complete more missions. Then the game decided the penalize for being at a high level. So Level +250 aren't any strong than sub-L200.

Sure there's the 1% of +L200 that have consistently outspent everyone else, but I have teammates and see rivals and the stat difference isn't that big from L125-L270.

BoThox
10-21-2013, 06:39 PM
I know people that created an account a month or so ago and are breaking 1 mil in the level 30s. That's unbelievable. For practically no gold. This game is losing its skill level.
I had a player (started just before the inflation) at lvl35 with some 350/450K stats. I had to work hard to get it there - and I know a few tricks and know a few people by now.
My LLP is lvl91 with 1.7/2.3M stats, started way before the inflation - but tagged along in good factions to stay low leveled but still get powerful units. I have put maybe 2-3 vaults of gold into it, but i have worked hard - nailed the 4 last bosses.
I highly doubt you will see many lvl30's with 1M stats - so when you see them, you might want to consider congratulating them. It's not as easy as you make it sound - it takes skill.

mreilly
10-21-2013, 06:45 PM
I had a player (started just before the inflation) at lvl35 with some 350/450K stats. I had to work hard to get it there - and I know a few tricks and know a few people by now.
My LLP is lvl91 with 1.7/2.3M stats, started way before the inflation - but tagged along in good factions to stay low leveled but still get powerful units. I have put maybe 2-3 vaults of gold into it, but i have worked hard - nailed the 4 last bosses.
I highly doubt you will see many lvl30's with 1M stats - so when you see them, you might want to consider congratulating them. It's not as easy as you make it sound - it takes skill.

Its not skill to know the right group to tag along for the ride.

johnny_blayze
10-21-2013, 07:08 PM

Sorry I don't see any skill in that. Maybe our definition of 'skill' are different.

BoThox
10-21-2013, 07:19 PM
I don't really care whether you call it skill or not. I have been gaming these types of games for many years now. Wonder why I end up at or near the top?

Knowing how to behave in a game, making alliances - is a skill. Tagging along with the right group is crucial. I have seen many come and go. "Unlimited" amounts of gold willl be welcomed anywhere - but it's not that I talk about.
Knowing what not to do in a game, and what to do - in an overwhelming explosion of events - is a skill.

AlexFoo
10-21-2013, 07:48 PM
over lvl 150, below 200. I don't have any issues with the boss events, it takes ALOT of work but I can get it done. another thundarr complaint thread. lol.

thundarr
10-21-2013, 08:57 PM
over lvl 150, below 200. I don't have any issues with the boss events, it takes ALOT of work but I can get it done. another thundarr complaint thread. lol.

I as do many other fail to see anything funny about the boss event. If you have the time and patience to play it 24/7 and complete it, good for you. By the way how much gold did you spend and what are your stats?

aphroKEN
10-21-2013, 09:31 PM
Sorry I don't see any skill in that. Maybe our definition of 'skill' are different.

I think he is referring to social engineering and persuasion skills.

The Pharoah
10-22-2013, 04:06 AM
I basically gave up on the boss events because once I can't take them out straight away, I can never remember to go back and finish them off. Largely, anything where a gold option is available means you either pay into the Gree management pension fund, or fail to finish and gain nothing for the work you put in. That's their business plan - make the game a treadmill like reality where you always have to do more, otherwise the effort you've already expended becomes worthless.

Keir
10-22-2013, 12:39 PM
Talking of the super minis you guys refer to. It's a bit off topic (an we shouldn't lose sight of the issue on tiers) but I have to say no skill involved in a 1m plus level 50 player.

There are loads in my faction - they were created just before last WD event so got the 50 win and all but 1 streak unit, then 1 faction LTQ and 2 easy beat the boss events. Over 1m easily in under a month and no gold spent.

Thief
10-24-2013, 02:30 PM
Clearly there needs to be some adjustment on both sides of the gambit right now.