PDA

View Full Version : It's been real

Paul Wall
10-20-2013, 11:08 AM
I've loved being the faction leader of such an awesome team for so long but, like so many others, need a change of pace. I used to have all the time in the world to ensure we were our absolute best but it's become exhausting and no longer fun. A group of my best guys want to keep playing but we need a break from all the responsibilities that come with running a top 50 faction. I don't want to screw any of my guys over by leaving them high and dry or putting any ole fool as leader so I'm wondering if you all have any suggestions. I don't want to sell off my base and delete the game so other suggestions are preferred. Thanks to those who are helpful here.

BurnNotice69
10-20-2013, 11:36 AM
Paul-

I definitely understand your position. I have been the leader of The United States and The United States II for 10 of the 13 WD events and I'm to your point as well. Our main team has made it as high as 131, but as of recent wars have fallen to Top 300'ish.

What I have considered is giving them all permission to seek another team of their choosing, however it is really hard to walk away from all the bonuses we've worked hard for and spent so much money on to achieve. I have considered handing over the reigns to one of the better players I have been grooming, but the challenge is, we all have lives and other things we want to pursue or do and most know that being a team leader is, or can be a demanding position, especially if you hope or want to be good. So no one wants the position or the responsibility.

Unfortunately, you're asking a question about walking away from people who are still playing and have not walked away . . . yet, so responses will only be suggestions. What a once great leader who retired I knew did was announced he would be leaving soon, gave a date, asked for volunteers to step up and once it was time for him to go, he just made someone the leader (obviously someone he trusted) and left. Was it the right thing to do? Maybe. Maybe not. Did it work? Yes.

The hardest part (for me, anyway) is to walk away from all the friends we've made since we started playing the game. I cannot speak for you, but for me, I play the game because of the friends and not much else. We all say we'll stay in touch when we really don't, although we may have the best of intentions. Ultimately, you, as the leader, have to do what you think is best, because only you know you and your team's situation better than anyone else.

That being said, my team is full of great guys and we're cutting the slackers this weekend. I'll have room for about 10 players. If any of your players would be interested, all I ask is to communicate daily, donate a consistent amount daily (no specific amount, just consistent) and be as active as possible. Since I have some players who cannot even commit to this, that's why I'm cleaning house this weekend. The United States: 815-973-829. I'd take great care of them!

Whatever you choose to do, as long as you do it in the best interest of the team, you won't have any regrets when it's time to walk away.

Best wishes!

Vegaman
10-20-2013, 12:05 PM
I feel your pain and dilemma. I have run a top 100 faction since the start. Have nearly every bonus and a great team of players who have become friends as much as gaming buddies. We saw the writing on the wall 8 -10 weeks ago and decided as a group to set up new accounts on second items such as ipads etc. We cut the hangers-on that most factions have, and brought in our level 4-10 players. Within weeks they were stronger with the faction rewards and knowing that GREE always "chum" the waters when introducing new gameplay, we all went hell for leather and got the easier big rewards. True to form its now near impossible to get the big big prizes for most teams. (Not all i know).
We didn't worry about WD status as we knew we would crash out of the top 400... And we did. Once the LLP players we had created were 1.5 million stats at level 50-80, most of us started cashing in our HLP accounts. The LLP's do 100 bosses easily. Are scoring big and are at the top level in their xp levels.
Its put the fun back. We don't care where we end up in wars. Its not like anyone you meet in the real world gives a toss. But what we have got is the team back... Having fun and we have taken in a few level 30-40 players and grown them with us too.
So thats my suggestion to you. Create LLP second accounts. Use your great bonus structure to help them get strong quickly. Don't get hung up on wars.