PDA

View Full Version : How syndicates are matched up

Gingeasian
10-18-2013, 04:36 PM
Since there has been lots of people asking about how syndicates are matched up and there has been no shortage of speculation and incorrect information. This is a response from GREE on how syndicates are matched up.

Gree's Response.

Thank you for your message about the Battle of Empire City match-ups. Here's what you should know about how this system works:

During the event, your syndicate will be able to Declare Battle. Doing this will tell the system "We're ready for a fight", and the system will start looking for another syndicate to pair you with. Declaring battle will cost one Hideout. The system looks at the following to determine an appropriate foe:

1: The overall strength of your syndicate : The sum of your syndicate's power will be compared to the sum of the other syndicate's power when looking for potential match-ups.

2: The Syndicate's Battle Rank: This is based on how well you are doing in the contest.

3: How many match-ups you have had with the syndicate during the event.

The system will spend 20 minutes looking for a match-up. As this time goes on, the parameters will relax slightly. If a match-up is not found in 20 minutes, your syndicate will have to declare battle again and the system will start looking again.

When a match-up is made, a special UI will come up that will allow you to attack the other syndicate's members (starting with the defense leader if he has not been defeated). You will have one hour after the match-up starts to attack the other syndicate, during which time the other syndicate will also be attacking you. For this reason, it is very important to coordinate battle declarations with your syndicate to maximize the number of people online during an attack.

What to do in the case of a difficult match-up:

Due to the above system, you may face a variety of overall power levels (although they should be fairly close, especially as the event goes on). If you get a difficult match-up, you can attack the Safehouse of the other syndicate instead of the players. This will result in less points per attack, but remember that it will take more than a single match-up to decide the particular battle. The winning syndicates will be the ones that have the most influence points at the end, which means the prizes for this event will ultimately go to the most dedicated and best organized.

I hope this information has been of some help. Please let me know if I can answer anything further.

CCKallDAY
10-18-2013, 04:38 PM
First,
Thanks Gingeasian!

ploop
10-18-2013, 04:40 PM
second:( thanks gingeasian:)

Sal The Stockbroker
10-18-2013, 04:45 PM
Wow, so comprehensive...now I can finally sleep!!!!

dr007
10-20-2013, 07:13 AM
Complete horse radish. The strongest syndicates don't always match up even when they are both waiting at the same time. Perhaps, gree can tell us about the hidden parameters in the coding.

Thanks for the attempt however.

Laelia
10-20-2013, 01:44 PM
Is it coded?....I thought an unpaid intern did the match ups manually....when he goes out for coffee, matching up takes 20+ minutes, when he sees 2 similar level teams he matches them regardless of whether they've been matched 6 times already.

custos
10-20-2013, 03:45 PM
1: The overall strength of your syndicate : The sum of your syndicate's power will be compared to the sum of the other syndicate's power when looking for potential match-ups.

2: The Syndicate's Battle Rank: This is based on how well you are doing in the contest.

3: How many match-ups you have had with the syndicate during the event.

He doesn't say what the relative weighting of these factors are. My guess is that the matching parameters are weighted in the order listed.

mxz
10-20-2013, 07:56 PM
the prizes for this event will ultimately go to the most dedicated and best organizedSee, even Gree agrees FC is more organized and way more dedicated than everyone else. Nothing more to it, schlubs!