PDA

View Full Version : New android update

jgmecarter
10-17-2013, 07:12 PM
I updated the app and now mw won't open up anymore. I restarted my phone and and cleared all my data but it still force closes on me every time. So anybody that is on android do not download the update yet

Kakorot
10-17-2013, 07:30 PM
I already downloaded it. I am on android and my game works just fine

jgmecarter
10-17-2013, 07:40 PM
Good to here it works for you. Anybody know if I uninstall the game and then reinstall the game if I will lose my account?

13 BRAVO
10-17-2013, 08:02 PM
Updated, works fine

Agent Orange
10-17-2013, 09:14 PM
Actually the update does not work 'fine' for everyone. Just because your phone or tablet has enough free internal memory does not mean that this update is bug free. Far from it!

you can try the following. Uninstall any apps that are located in your internal memory or move them to a card if you have one or your device supports it.

I basically got rid of extra browsers etc.

If this does not work and it is the server pushed update that has caused the problem delete the app. Then go to the Playstore and download a fresh copy. This btw can be a major PITA because for some reason on some devices searching for Modern War does not find this app! I was lucky that I had bookmarked the page in a browser so I could return to it and download. You might also have better luck searching via a browser instead of your devices built in App store app.

This has been an ongoing problem with lower end Android devices with limited internal memory...

jgmecarter
10-18-2013, 03:13 AM
I have a galaxy note 2. And I have around 5 gigs of internal storage left on the device. I have never had a problem like this with the game.

Ulrich von Bek
10-18-2013, 04:57 AM
I have to choose a server everytime I want to conect with my game, on both my androids. GREE support said 'its a bug and will be fixed and I am to play with my main account'. I have no idea what account they mean as non off the server address make sense to me, I picked the one at the top of the list and held my breath, the game seems OK apart from the standard BS.

Gen CheeBye
10-18-2013, 05:33 AM
Just updated latest android 4.2.2 and the new MW update. No chrashes yet (not holding my breath either cos we know it's bound to happen sooner or later).

SPWD
10-18-2013, 05:37 AM
Hopefully it fixes the boss clock that once it hits zero I can't bloody attack him for ten minutes,full health regen bonus absolutely worthless !!

Agent Orange
10-18-2013, 06:15 AM
I have a galaxy note 2. And I have around 5 gigs of internal storage left on the device. I have never had a problem like this with the game.

And thatIS why you are not having this problem. But many Android phones only have 512mb of internal memory available for installing apps and this is why things stop working.

alphakennybody
10-18-2013, 08:06 AM
Hopefully it fixes the boss clock that once it hits zero I can't bloody attack him for ten minutes,full health regen bonus absolutely worthless !!
Did it fix it?

jgmecarter
10-18-2013, 08:49 AM
And thatIS why you are not having this problem. But many Android phones only have 512mb of internal memory available for installing apps and this is why things stop working.

I am the guy that started this thread. Lol. Every since the update I can not open up my game. I have done everything I can do now I have to wait on gree. My Galaxy note 3 should be here on Monday but hopefully it is fixed by then.

SPWD
10-18-2013, 09:47 AM
Did it fix it?

No!but they are working o,oh it don't matter!

Agent Orange
10-18-2013, 10:29 AM
Unfortunately the best fix is to play on an iPad 2 or newer. I'm probably going to abandon my players on the 6 Android devices I have set up.

The iPad 1 is now having issues with crashing though oddly 4th gen iPods don't.

redman
10-18-2013, 10:49 AM
I have a galaxy note 2 as well and it runs almost 100% here. I had one crash this morning, but it reloaded the game and everything has been ok.

Same hardware but one doesn't work. That is very odd!

You said you cleared the data, that includes the cache I am assuming?

SPWD
10-18-2013, 11:33 AM
Unfortunately the best fix is to play on an iPad 2 or newer. I'm probably going to abandon my players on the 6 Android devices I have set up.

The iPad 1 is now having issues with crashing though oddly 4th gen iPods don't.

Holy shxt 7 accounts lol,that's dedication!
Steve

Agent Orange
10-18-2013, 02:39 PM
Holy shxt 7 accounts lol,that's dedication!
Steve

No it's 6 on IOS, 6 on Android and 3 dead accounts on OSX via Bluestacks so it's more like 15. But quite frankly the relentless nature of all these events has pretty much killed the game for me.

jgmecarter
10-18-2013, 06:40 PM
I have a galaxy note 2 as well and it runs almost 100% here. I had one crash this morning, but it reloaded the game and everything has been ok.

Same hardware but one doesn't work. That is very odd!

You said you cleared the data, that includes the cache I am assuming?

Yes I cleared the catch as well.

Gen CheeBye
10-18-2013, 06:56 PM
No it's 6 on IOS, 6 on Android and 3 dead accounts on OSX via Bluestacks so it's more like 15. But quite frankly the relentless nature of all these events has pretty much killed the game for me.

You've got my respects Agent Orange. I have one main and the mini has been left collecting dust ever since gree came up with LTQ and over inflated stats. I still find it hard to manage work, family and MW.

JDub
10-19-2013, 02:15 AM
I have to choose a server everytime I want to conect with my game, on both my androids. GREE support said 'its a bug and will be fixed and I am to play with my main account'. I have no idea what account they mean as non off the server address make sense to me, I picked the one at the top of the list and held my breath, the game seems OK apart from the standard BS.

I have the same thing on one of my droids. The other has the new update and doesn't have the server menu pop up. If it matters the one with the problem is a Motorola Razr and the one that is ok is a Motorola Electrify.

Blade of 3
10-19-2013, 06:01 AM
I don't mean to be blunt, but maybe it's time to upgrade your phone? I have a third account running on a 3 year old android device that runs much better than my iPod 4th gen. Plenty of phones that are running at least 1gb ram for cheap I can imagine.

Agent Orange
10-19-2013, 08:59 AM
I don't mean to be blunt, but maybe it's time to upgrade your phone? I have a third account running on a 3 year old android device that runs much better than my iPod 4th gen. Plenty of phones that are running at least 1gb ram for cheap I can imagine.

Maybe I don't want to upgrade the phone because I use all these devices for beta testing products and we need to be able to make sure our apps run on the lowest common denominator..... something that Gree seems to miss some times with the Android version of MW. Not every customer has the latest and greatest so when we are developing products we need to be sure we can hit the widest customer base.