PDA

View Full Version : So the vibe I'm getting is...

Holicaholic
10-17-2013, 09:39 AM
That no one knows what they're talking about on this forum. And by no one I mean every who whines at Gree. Everyone asked that the stat inflation stop (it definitely needed to). But now that they are trying to reign it in everyone wants to complain that the prizes aren't worth it anymore. Are...are you slow? Gree finally does something to make the game start to be better and you (royal you, not actually everyone on the forum) ***** and moan about?! Again, are you slow?

*hands dippy popcorn*

The_
10-17-2013, 10:05 AM
ahhh those darn hypoquits who still lurk on the forum after making pointless retirement topics and complaining about stat inflation. You're spot on.

kirketjeneren
10-17-2013, 10:13 AM
Quit cc or not - still like seeing Big Money replying

billythekid123
10-17-2013, 10:17 AM
wasnt there a topic about the fake retirement noobs who spent all their money on this game?

Laelia
10-17-2013, 10:21 AM
it's factual......everybody loves to complain......anything Gree changes will torque somebody.......and I pour myself into the game because I have no life

panty sniffer
10-17-2013, 10:25 AM
It's good that they curbed stat inflation but the problem is when Gree fixes the issue by swinging to the opposite extreme.

The last collect 20 was an example. The more powerful "dummy prizes" was a good idea instead of dropping gold for worthless items such as trick razors and +1 Mafia. The improved collect 20 random drop prizes were not a major contributer to stat inflation. It was other overpowered items especially the Sweet vengeance that was being passed out like candy and making months worth of work for higher members nearly obsolete.

[CM]]forgetaboutit
10-17-2013, 10:47 AM
ahhh those darn hypoquits who still lurk on the forum after making pointless retirement topics and complaining about stat inflation. You're spot on.

Hey you were first

Bartolo
10-17-2013, 11:08 AM
there are differences between stat inflation, stat consistency and stat deflation. if someone takes a gander at Reaper's beautiful chart showing a/d stats per energy ratios for LTQs, you can see three trends. with "the real deal," for example, there were huge jumps in this ratio for 4 ltqs. this trend significantly hurts high stat players as new players are getting a much larger % bump towards their characters (mostly important in robbing). It also bruises egos of players who worked for years to get their stats, watching some scrawny kid go from 500k-1mil in a matter of months (I assume this is what led to most of these big boys bailing).

But gree didn't continue on this trend. for the next two ltqs, the ratios don't move much. This doesn't really impact anyone since the stat standard is just set higher. To this point, I agree with gree's strategy since it allows super high stats to continue to grow without screwing new player. At some point players would have been spending gold for only a couple 100 in stat boost since their inventory is already full of items in the same stat range, essentially capping how strong a player can get. I also like how they introduce these unbelievably hard levels (100 boss wins, full graveyard for an ltq) as this distinguishes top players from the rest of us peons. Not everyone should feel entitled to completing these events. If you want to get a 100k stat item, you better be ready to work (read "spend") for it. no easy buckets.

However, the "devil's night" LTQ is so low in a ratio that any new players who were started in the past couple weeks will get royally f'd. two months ago they would be near 50-100k stat gain per month. Devil's night will cut that in half, handicapping their growth compared to someone who started just a few weeks earlier.

As always, this "analysis" is based off of one guy's observations without any tangible facts, math or proof reading. I 100% agree that I have no clue what I'm talking about, but welcome to the internet where everyone has a voice and an opinion, regardless of how accurate it may be.

Deadwater
10-17-2013, 11:44 AM
there are differences between stat inflation, stat consistency and stat deflation. if someone takes a gander at Reaper's beautiful chart showing a/d stats per energy ratios for LTQs, you can see three trends. with "the real deal," for example, there were huge jumps in this ratio for 4 ltqs. this trend significantly hurts high stat players as new players are getting a much larger % bump towards their characters (mostly important in robbing). It also bruises egos of players who worked for years to get their stats, watching some scrawny kid go from 500k-1mil in a matter of months (I assume this is what led to most of these big boys bailing).

But gree didn't continue on this trend. for the next two ltqs, the ratios don't move much. This doesn't really impact anyone since the stat standard is just set higher. To this point, I agree with gree's strategy since it allows super high stats to continue to grow without screwing new player. At some point players would have been spending gold for only a couple 100 in stat boost since their inventory is already full of items in the same stat range, essentially capping how strong a player can get. I also like how they introduce these unbelievably hard levels (100 boss wins, full graveyard for an ltq) as this distinguishes top players from the rest of us peons. Not everyone should feel entitled to completing these events. If you want to get a 100k stat item, you better be ready to work (read "spend") for it. no easy buckets.

However, the "devil's night" LTQ is so low in a ratio that any new players who were started in the past couple weeks will get royally f'd. two months ago they would be near 50-100k stat gain per month. Devil's night will cut that in half, handicapping their growth compared to someone who started just a few weeks earlier.

As always, this "analysis" is based off of one guy's observations without any tangible facts, math or proof reading. I 100% agree that I have no clue what I'm talking about, but welcome to the internet where everyone has a voice and an opinion, regardless of how accurate it may be.

I think your statement is dead on.
But as OP was saying, the forums are a joke. It's hard to filter through the jokes to get the actual useful information. This is what it is though. It's a game before anything else. Once you start taking the game serious or the forums serious you have a problem.
As far as people quitting and posting threads. I believe it's great, it's good to know who is going. The reasons don't matter. But people "quitting" but continue to play and post are beyond annoying.

rawsonator
10-17-2013, 12:06 PM
prizes will stay down for a while... untill gree notices their income is a lot lower due to players not buying gold, its a bit late to stop stat inflation and buy lowering it it makes new people not want to play, gree are in a lose lose situation and would probably be better off resetting stats and starting fresh

jmeijer
10-17-2013, 12:26 PM
Quit cc or not - still like seeing Big Money replyingNot me. He posted a retirement thread, and you have to stay away when you do that in my opinion.

I always liked his posts, but he needs to stay quiet now.

Holicaholic
10-17-2013, 12:26 PM
Where is dippy? I put the popcorn out and everything ;_;

GravyTrain
10-17-2013, 12:34 PM
It is a game and has only gotten better since the start. Everyone complained not enough events so gree overloaded us then complained it was to many events. I like the current set up with battles every 3-4 weeks with all the different event in between that you can pick and choose to do. Those of us that have been playing for years can't really even understand what the new player's really think.

I also have no idea why one just quit's when they decide to stop using gold. Generally a even a light gold spender is stronger than 90% of thier level. Why not just slow the pace down and enjoy what you had earned.

My only gripe is the change in the gold bonus program that was a slap in the face to so many players. Sad thing is that they are testing out crime city before the other games to see how it effects this one game.......

Dipstik
10-17-2013, 02:18 PM
Where is dippy? I put the popcorn out and everything ;_;

I do have a job, and it doesn't ALWAYS involve sitting in front of a computer all day. I've been really busy this week.

Ryno777
10-17-2013, 04:03 PM
I love the lower stat items, they mean more. Hate how people are complaining about the bad prizes on the ltq' sand how it's not worth doing them. It's going to stay like that, Gree has listened to us

jonnybravo2
10-17-2013, 04:13 PM
I do have a job, and it doesn't ALWAYS involve sitting in front of a computer all day. I've been really busy this week.

dippy is so good he has people tap tap tap for him now

Mack The Knife
10-17-2013, 05:32 PM
Firstly, I agree with the OP.....It's maddening to see some of the more groundless complaints at times.

Not me. He posted a retirement thread, and you have to stay away when you do that in my opinion.

He needs to stay quiet on the forums because he's no longer as active as a player?
Are you going to fill the information vacuum that would be created by his departure from the forums? Are you going to produce the content he was known for?

Deadwater
10-17-2013, 05:35 PM
Firstly, I agree with the OP.....It's maddening to see some of the more groundless complaints at times.

He needs to stay quiet on the forums because he's no longer as active as a player?
Are you going to fill the information vacuum that would be created by his departure from the forums? Are you going to produce the content he was known for?

No, he made a big stink when he "retired". He made alot of forum members really think about their activity in the game, and where it was going. And for what? For nothing but attention. So no one can stop him, but everything he posts is plain annoying now.

And can you really take everything he says seriously now? He lied about retiring, what else has he lied about?

Sal The Stockbroker
10-17-2013, 06:01 PM
And can you really take everything he says seriously now? He lied about retiring, what else has he lied about?

Oh noes, sounds like butthurt.

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag96/qwerty9702/image_zps8dbf1a20.jpg (http://s1300.photobucket.com/user/qwerty9702/media/image_zps8dbf1a20.jpg.html)

You got the number........

Mack The Knife
10-17-2013, 06:09 PM
I believe now what I believed then, that he used his clout as a respected forum member to galvanize the forums attitude towards stat inflation. And a thread with 20 or so pages about the same thing was something Gree was more likely to pay attention to. Was it a tactic? Perhaps, at least partially and it helped get results.

To me, that's what's of consequence. not the fact that he's still semi-active.

BigMoney
10-17-2013, 06:30 PM
Not me. He posted a retirement thread, and you have to stay away when you do that in my opinion.

Get bent. I said I quit the game, I said nothing about quitting the forum. I will post as I please.

candyson
10-17-2013, 06:32 PM
Get bent. I said I quit the game, I said nothing about quitting the forum. I will post as I please.
I'm really glad that you're still around, big money, you're such a help to this forum.

BigMoney
10-17-2013, 06:39 PM
No, he made a big stink when he "retired". He made alot of forum members really think about their activity in the game, and where it was going. And for what? For nothing but attention. So no one can stop him, but everything he posts is plain annoying now.

You as well. How much you want to bet that my quitting topic was a factor in the recent trend to reign in stat inflation? There isn't absurd +30% mods on these LTQ final prizes and boss prizes (and there shouldn't be). The modifiers are the real issue in the recent stat explosions. I could care less about "attention" from the forum, what a stupid and naive thing of you to say. I put a lot of thought into writing my quitting topic, and it was exactly as Mack the Knife said:

I believe now what I believed then, that he used his clout as a respected forum member to galvanize the forums attitude towards stat inflation. And a thread with 20 or so pages about the same thing was something Gree was more likely to pay attention to. Was it a tactic? Perhaps, at least partially and it helped get results.

To me, that's what's of consequence. not the fact that he's still semi-active.

I obviously care about the game, because I put a lot of time and money into it, and so I made a topic to try and help steer GREE in the right direction. And if the recent events are any indication, they have-- MW still has a +20% modifier on their final boss prize.

And though it's completely irrelevant to the discussion, I have quit. Ask itouchem if he's seen me lately. I let the PvP wash away my links to his hood. Ask DFA if I am still a member (although I am still in their chats). And though I have not spent gold since my quitting topic, if the recent events are any indication, GREE took a step in the right direction.

TMI
10-17-2013, 06:48 PM

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag96/qwerty9702/image_zps8dbf1a20.jpg (http://s1300.photobucket.com/user/qwerty9702/media/image_zps8dbf1a20.jpg.html)

lol, where do you gets these funny pics from? i'm still laughing from that TL;DR pic you gave me with that guy yawning hahahaha

The_
10-17-2013, 06:50 PM
I prefer Molly Maguires over Hypoquit Kardashian.

Dirty Larry
10-18-2013, 05:01 AM

Not in my country it doesn't. Thanks for the book I'll never read.

mxz
10-18-2013, 05:47 AM
Box events were never a major contributor to stat inflation.

Here's my short list of the culprits:
Battles
SLTQs
LTQs
Boss event extras

Dipstik
10-18-2013, 06:10 AM
Box events were never a major contributor to stat inflation.

I blame new rules protecting quarterbacks and receivers from getting hit.

Ripable
10-18-2013, 06:18 AM

So, do you try to dress him in the morning too? Ffs, chill out. It's not like he's causing a huge forum revolt, if that's even possible. He quit CC, not existance on the internet.

Big-R
10-18-2013, 07:31 AM
I prefer Molly Maguires over Hypoquit Kardashian.

Sadly enough that made me laugh.
BM I got nothing against you personally, but your posts went from helpful and informative to just sounding bitter very quickly. And please don't be mistaken in believing you are the reason the game changed. If it didn't work for Cerberus, one of the highest spenders in the game, it certainly won't work for you.

Dipstik
10-18-2013, 08:02 AM
Did Cerberus really quit? He was on kakao trying to recruit baroness after all that drama.

Peppers
10-18-2013, 08:10 AM
FYI, retired doesn't necessarily mean "quit." I retired in CC and MW. Instead of being in the top 3 and top 10, I'm now on a tiny streak-killer team (CC) who'll try playing for free, and in the hubby's top 400 MW faction.

To me, retired means playing FREE. Compare it to moving to a condo in Boca :)

Sal The Stockbroker
10-18-2013, 09:43 AM
FYI, retired doesn't necessarily mean "quit." I retired in CC and MW. Instead of being in the top 3 and top 10, I'm now on a tiny streak-killer team (CC) who'll try playing for free, and in the hubby's top 400 MW faction.

To me, retired means playing FREE. Compare it to moving to a condo in Boca :)

Uh, yeah.

When someone retires from their job, it means they don't go to work anymore. They don't still show up, but in a diminished capacity.

Hence, playing free in CC after being a gold spender doesn't mean you retired, it means you finally smartened up.

Max Power
10-18-2013, 09:48 AM
Uh, yeah.

When someone retires from their job, it means they don't go to work anymore. They don't still show up, but in a diminished capacity.

Hence, playing free in CC after being a gold spender doesn't mean you retired, it means you finally smartened up.

This.

You can retiring from spending, but that is different. Don't say you are going to retire from the game and then keep playing for free.

Only Brett Favre gets to redefine retiring in such a random way.

Peppers
10-18-2013, 09:53 AM
Uh, yeah.

Tomato -- tomaaaato. Your definition of retired = dead. I disagree.

Edit2 to delete the second part, because I really don't give a ratsass what people think.

Dipstik
10-18-2013, 09:53 AM
Let's not talk about that. I'd rather remember him throwing snowballs on the field at his last game at lambeau.

IBTL
10-18-2013, 10:05 AM
Did Cerberus really quit? He was on kakao trying to recruit baroness after all that drama.

That wasn't Cerberus. I saw that and it was your pal pulling everyone's leg. Cerb had already deleted kakao by that time.

travisman1
10-18-2013, 11:33 AM
Let's not talk about that. I'd rather remember him throwing snowballs on the field at his last game at lambeau.

Is dipstik from Green Bay or just a big Packer fan?

Dipstik
10-18-2013, 11:35 AM
I've lived there, but now just a really big fan :)

travisman1
10-18-2013, 11:37 AM
Oh nice i live in the Bay of Green, boring but always fun with the Packers.

Beamer 420
10-18-2013, 11:41 AM
4650 Is this yours Dippy?

Joe Batters
10-18-2013, 12:00 PM

Nailed it.

mxz
10-18-2013, 12:00 PM
That wasn't Cerberus. I saw that and it was your pal pulling everyone's leg. Cerb had already deleted kakao by that time.How dare you accuse us of trolling!

Dipstik
10-18-2013, 01:16 PM
4650 Is this yours Dippy?

Awwwww....