PDA

View Full Version : Mods: Plans to change the dataset delivery to "MW style"?

Lonestoner
10-15-2013, 02:08 PM
I use an older phone; a T-mobile G2. I have been unable to successfully get a dataset on it for over a month now, and if I didn't borrow a phone from a friend, I would have quit playing as I couldn't get any of the new events that are released.

When updating a dataset, it just lags my phone into force closing within 10-30 seconds of logging in.

If it doesn't crash me, it will sit there and "update" for hours, without anything actually happening. I just have to restart the game and hope something will change.

Prior to some of the newest datasets, I could clear my data from CC (manage apps / clear data), and it would load a 1x1 blank square where my hood should be, pop up an error about "failed to load xxxxx hood", and the dataset would load in a few minutes. Now, that functionality is gone (coincidentally the next update after I posted this "strategy" on the forum here), and that was the only way I could get a dataset to push through and work properly.

Now, if the update does miraculously go through, it drops my profile stats by about 90%, does not show me any of the newest equipment that has been released (all new cash and RP items), and bugs out the crate events (as previously stated on the forum) where it shows I have 0 crates and the items are nil as well. I can't participate in the events when this is happening, so it's pointless to say "it worked", because it didn't at all.

I realize upgrading the phone would fix the problem, and if I was able financially to do that, obviously I would.

So what I'm asking is, is the MW style of dataset updates going to be applied here in CC as well? For the past couple months, my datasets on MW have been instant; as soon as I log in, it's requesting a restart from a completed dataset. Everything works well at that point, and there's no waiting for a dataset.

If not, is there ANY other way I can get them, since you guys don't seem to want to implement the newest datasets into your play store updates?

Deadwater
10-15-2013, 02:48 PM
I realize upgrading the phone would fix the problem, and if I was able financially to do that, obviously I would.

which HTC syndicate is going broke? Blue, red or white?
Damn Yankees.

Ween
10-15-2013, 03:02 PM
Buy a new phone... Problem solved!

Javid
10-15-2013, 03:31 PM
The exact same thing is happening to me and my phone HTC desire HD. It started last week.
I sent gree a ticket and they told me to uninstall and reinstall the game, I did that many times and nothing changed.

Lonestoner
10-15-2013, 05:10 PM
which HTC syndicate is going broke? Blue, red or white?
Damn Yankees.

None.. How do you know I'm not still sitting on 25k bonus gold from the past? Just because one individual can't buy a new phone says nothing about the syndicate he's in, or his past spending habits.. ;)

Buy a new phone... Problem solved!

Thanks for your input! I see you read my entire post! I hadn't already thought of that, and will go out and do just that! Wow, what a valuable forum member you are with such meaningful contributions to the community, and I aspire to be as valuable as you one day! /envy

The exact same thing is happening to me and my phone HTC desire HD. It started last week.
I sent gree a ticket and they told me to uninstall and reinstall the game, I did that many times and nothing changed.

Yea, I've un / reinstalled tons of times as well as deleting the data to no avail.. I didn't send a ticket because I know it would be weeks before getting a response to do something I hadn't tried 15x already. Very frustrating to say the least. Hopefully some staff can give the thread some attention.. :)

Deadwater
10-15-2013, 05:13 PM
You can get free new phones on contracts. The fact you said you don't have enough money to buy means you are broke. I made no reference to how much gold you have.

Lonestoner
10-15-2013, 05:26 PM
You can get free new phones on contracts. The fact you said you don't have enough money to buy means you are broke. I made no reference to how much gold you have.

If you're on a carrier that still does contracts, sure.. Unfortunately mine doesn't, or I would've already done this a couple months ago.. Come on man, get with the times here! :p

And yes, the fact I'm broke means nothing in relation to my syndicate, so... I don't understand your reference there.

mxz
10-15-2013, 06:44 PM
I can confirm HTC Blue is not devoid of spare cash, bricks, nor #smugness.

IBTL
10-15-2013, 10:52 PM
I can confirm HTC Blue is not devoid of spare cash, bricks, nor #smugness.

Preach that #smug truth

cc thunder
10-16-2013, 12:30 AM
have you thought about getting an Obama phone? His amazing policies should solve all our problems

Lonestoner
10-17-2013, 03:35 PM
Problem still persists. No legit response yet.