PDA

View Full Version : Seeking advice on WD tier placement for gold spenders.

Felicity
10-15-2013, 08:18 AM
What tier should these players be in to play competitively and get the most of their gold spending?

Player 1: lev 130s; 2m+ stats; WD=450k+
PLayer 2: lev 88, 800/1m stats; WD=225k+
Player 3: lev 73, 700/1m stats; WD=140k+

Currently, they are carrying a lower tier team and not reaping the benefits of their spending. They would like to stay together, if possible.

Any advice on WD tiers would be appreciated. I'm finding it very difficult to look through recruitment threads when I'm unsure of what tier is a good fit for them.

Thank you!

manlikesam
10-15-2013, 08:19 AM
First one can get easy top10 but if they want to stay together top25 probably the best spot

Thief
10-15-2013, 08:29 AM
Player 1: Top 10 Based on Stats and Score (Could score less)
Player 2: Top 25 Based on Stats and Score (could score less probably)
Player 3: Probably top 25 although average score would be a little lower.

deaddan
10-15-2013, 08:30 AM
I know McDoc always says " if your getting 300 w/d ,and not in a top 10 team we need to talk" its his sig actually? ,But I agree with manlikesam top 25 should be no problems for the said individuals, And I will 1st hand recommend these individuals, to any top tier faction, As they are super,great, awesome team players, and i will miss them dearly! Good Morning Felicity :) XXXOOO

Arc Burn
10-15-2013, 08:39 AM
Would take any or all in our top 50

Felicity
10-15-2013, 08:40 AM
You found me DD! Good morning! I'm helping the little merry band find a new home more suitable to their play style. After their departure, they are now on a team not suitable for them :( Cannot stand to see the merry little band on a very unmerry team, IMO. Just wasn't sure what tier suited them best. Need to find them the right fit.

Paiens
10-15-2013, 08:44 AM
Firat guy would be top 25...maybe top 10...bu thats a strecth. Other 2 would never find any targets in a top 25 environment. Maybe once or twice per WD. And given that its not all about getting your points in one or two matches, they would be best suited to top 100 IMO. If they wish to stay together, top 100 seems the likely spot.

Felicity
10-15-2013, 08:47 AM
I tried to PM McDoc yesterday to avoid this debacle of them moving into a library but his box was full. :( Thought he might take pity on an old lady and give me advice. :)

deaddan
10-15-2013, 08:49 AM
well (Honestly) I'm so glad your helping them :) ,and I do have screen shots ,and such, and a personal recommendation to also help if anyone wishes for something like that? let me know if i can help :) they do deserve to be in a top spot ,and some team is going to very lucky...hopefully see you soon....

Thief
10-15-2013, 08:51 AM
Felicity shoot me a PM i can send McDoc a txt Message on your Behalf.

Arc Burn
10-15-2013, 08:57 AM
Felicity, in all seriousness our top 50 might not be a bad idea. Yeah, your top player might better suited higher up, but if you are looking to keep them together top 100-50 is your best bet imo and finding 3 openings is not terribly common. PM me if you want. If you are looking to go higher I understand.

CJ D
10-15-2013, 09:01 AM
Guys, with stat inflation over the past month would you really think they will be good guys for top 25? Just wondering cause the stats seem kinda low for that. It's easy to score 300k points when you have lots if targets, but that number gets hard to reach when everyone is stronger than you. Nearly every guy in our top 250 has stats like the bottom 2 since the recent inflation, and I'm betting every team we face down here will be the same.

Powerbang
10-15-2013, 09:41 AM
With those points added to our roster that puts us in top 50 realm... we would be happy to have you.

Edit: I should add that your spending wouldnt go in vain. None of those players (while they'd still be immensely valuable) would be our top guy.

HGF69
10-15-2013, 10:47 AM
I'll take all 3 of them, right now, top 75 easy, plus we will get you 7 nice stacking units and a big 100k one with a sea boost

Powerbang
10-15-2013, 10:59 AM
I'll take all 3 of them, right now, top 75 easy, plus we will get you 7 nice stacking units and a big 100k one with a sea boost

So will any other faction in the top 100 lol.

Felicity
10-15-2013, 11:10 AM
Guys, with stat inflation over the past month would you really think they will be good guys for top 25? Just wondering cause the stats seem kinda low for that. It's easy to score 300k points when you have lots if targets, but that number gets hard to reach when everyone is stronger than you. Nearly every guy in our top 250 has stats like the bottom 2 since the recent inflation, and I'm betting every team we face down here will be the same.

This is exactly why I posted. Two years ago, heck 6 months ago, it was easy to judge great stats. With stat inflation, I wasn't sure how large the stats were of the higher tier factions and their opponents :).

Thank you to everyone who has responded. These people are great, active players and deserve to find a team where they can be competitive and still have fun. :)

Powerbang
10-15-2013, 11:58 AM
This is exactly why I posted. Two years ago, heck 6 months ago, it was easy to judge great stats. With stat inflation, I wasn't sure how large the stats were of the higher tier factions and their opponents :).

Thank you to everyone who has responded. These people are great, active players and deserve to find a team where they can be competitive and still have fun. :)

Our weakest players have around a million stats. Hopefully that can provide a reference.

ProCision
10-15-2013, 03:59 PM
so where did they go?

DFI
10-15-2013, 04:56 PM
I think you need a minimum 1.5 million attack for a top 50 and 2.5 million for top 25, to consistently find targets. This takes into consideration the boss units to be handed out and the bonuses.

CJ D
10-15-2013, 06:17 PM
Our guys range from 2.5 mil attack to 700k. Just as an FYI. But I'm not recruiting. Lol. Sure we could make the room, but technically we're full.

SevenO9
10-15-2013, 11:42 PM
As some already outlined, the gold spent is only part of the equation these days. With winning streaks being more important or at least equal to ranking it becomes critical to score at the right time and not only in total. If the guys with 1 million or less attack play in a top25 faction the vast majority of matches wont provide them any targets and they have to waste their precious gold on the enemies command center. Even with my 2.5 mil I had lot of 'bad' matches in France. Your team will be paired with top 10 but also top 3 factions quite often. You don't want a situation where your big spender is sitting on four vaults with 8 hours left intfhe event and all you get is tough matches makeing his gold useless.