PDA

View Full Version : More stupid from GREE - LTQ postponement announcement

warrends
10-15-2013, 05:13 AM
CJ54

"Devil's Night" LTQ delayed until 10/15/13

Hey all, the next event on the calendar has been delayed until tomorrow (10/15/13). We apologize for any confusion.

Above is from CJ in another stickied thread so that GREE would let us know as far in advance as possible that the event was postponed (tons of sarcasm below; I hope you can follow it). Let's see what went wrong ... AGAIN!!!

1) It was postponed at least 6 hours AFTER it was supposed to start, not BEFORE.

2) Many of us logged in continuously to try to play this decreasingly fun game, only to see that the event was "in progress" and yet it never popped up.

3) The only way to find out that it would not be beginning would be to come here to the forums. Note that oftentimes I cannot. [http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?69098-IP-from-iPhone-blocked-from-forums-Any-thoughts]

4) GREE never thought about the most simple thing they could possibly do. When I now log into CC I get 4-5 popups every single time, every one of them completely useless ("My Mafia is too weak!!!). Perhaps they could add a useful temporary popup that says:
"We apologize for the inconvenience but the LTQ has been delayed for XX hours."

Let's look at #4.
- It's useful.
- It's immediate.
- Everyone sees it as soon as they log in.
- Nobody has to come here to the forums to find out what is happening.
- They could fill in the XX with an actual time. Although I'd bet that it gets postponed yet again, so XX is irrelevant until it actually begins.

I see no downsides to this. Why? There are none!!! But GREE doesn't think that way. They think ... I have no idea what they think. This is a company that has managed to make millions upon millions of dollars from around the world because they came up with some fantastic ideas or PHONE GAMES!!! PHONE GAMES!!! Who the hell would have thought that would happen 5 years ago? And after they came up with these incredibly innovative games, they just completely screw them up, monthly, weekly, daily. They piss off their customer base every single day. I'm not talking about the constant whiners. I'm talking about the dedicated players, like me, who actually understand the game, play it well, have great stats, are in great syndicates/factions/guilds and therefore truly enjoy the social aspect as well as the (decreasingly fun) gameplay, and log in many times every day (vacations included when possible). And yet they cannot come up with simple ideas for keeping their dedicated true customer base happy.

It is absolutely no wonder that more and more news reports are coming out that the company is in trouble. They have no idea how to implement a great idea, make it work, and make their customers even somewhat happy.

For the record, I'm not a troll; check out many of my other posts. I am an avid player of all of their 3 big games (MW, KA and CC). I used to spend my real money on MW. No more, after Total Screw Up #1,097, when they froze the leader boards at the end of the war for France a few weeks ago, I stopped spending gold. Period. No more from me. I Tapjoy (because, like 'Google', that is now a verb) and that's how I get my gold. If GREE gets a small cut from that, good for them.

I just cannot believe the sheer stupidity behind this company. Great, absolutely ingenious ideas for games. And then they wreck them daily.

IT. IS. AMAZING.

Fredfreddy
10-15-2013, 05:17 AM
You seem unnecessarily angry considering it's a delayed LTQ.

warrends
10-15-2013, 05:18 AM
Didja read? This is one of hundreds. And poor comunications by GREE. Again. Don't care what kind of event.

Fredfreddy
10-15-2013, 05:32 AM
It was long, so not really.

A popup with information is a nice suggestion, though it will be hard for someone at GREE to dig it out of that rant, but I get your point.

GREE would do well to have a living suggestion/bugs-to-fix list, where participants could vote on what was most urgent. I've played a few other games that had sites like this, it allows the vendor to prioritize based on customer response. Sometimes, like in this case, good suggestions never get seen as they are buried in rant threads.

GU7 F4WK3S
10-15-2013, 05:54 AM
4) When I now log into CC I get 4-5 popups every single time, every one of them completely useless ("My Mafia is too weak!!!).

I'm talking about the dedicated players, like me, who actually understand the game, play it well, have great stats, are in great syndicates/factions/guilds

This is what confused me.

Honestly I'd rather a delayed LTQ than a broken one. Hopefully when this does go live it performs flawlessly. <stifling laughter>

[CM]]forgetaboutit
10-15-2013, 08:12 AM
This is what confused me.

Honestly I'd rather a delayed LTQ than a broken one. Hopefully when this does go live it performs flawlessly. <stifling laughter>

Oh yah it will be flawless

KingOW
10-15-2013, 08:32 AM
I'd be happy if they could inform about the delay before it's a fact, and give a ETA. If I didn't know better I would think it was a few collage nerds who built and maintained this game. Never in a thousand years I'd guess they make the kinda money they do. It's jaw dropping how much money ppl spend on a flawed game.