PDA

View Full Version : Can player in game details be posted on the forum?

HTCBC
10-14-2013, 01:18 AM
Can details of players Stats be freely posted on the forum or is this a no no?

I.e.

Gamers name?
Gamers level?
Gamers attack Level?
Gamers defence?
Screen shots unedited?

Im new and just wanted clarification

CitrineMondeoRSi
10-14-2013, 01:23 AM
Yes it's fine. Fire away

HTCBC
10-14-2013, 01:27 AM
Yes it's fine. Fire away

Ok thanks but I will wait for more replies not that I don’t trust you

CitrineMondeoRSi
10-14-2013, 01:31 AM
Judging by your response I'm pretty sure you don't trust me. Excellent foresight.

Ps *replies. An apostrophe before an s signifies ownership of an item.

JakeCullen
10-14-2013, 01:37 AM
Can details of players Stats be freely posted on the forum or is this a no no?

I.e.

Gamers name?
Gamers level?
Gamers attack Level?
Gamers defence?
Screen shots unedited?

Im new and just wanted clarification

Well, under the Posting Guidelines, #6 of the "please DO NOT" section, it says: (please DO NOT) reveal your or anyone else's personal information. I assume that that also refers to stats? I could be mistaken...

Rebels
10-14-2013, 01:50 AM
Play it safe and don't post players stats

HTCBC
10-14-2013, 02:09 AM
Judging by your response I'm pretty sure you don't trust me. Excellent foresight.

Ps *replies. An apostrophe before an s signifies ownership of an item.

Its like being back at school. I can handle a B- but thank you for taking the time to point out my error.

HTCBC
10-14-2013, 02:14 AM
Well, under the Posting Guidelines, #6 of the "please DO NOT" section, it says: (please DO NOT) reveal your or anyone else's personal information. I assume that that also refers to stats? I could be mistaken...

DO NOT) reveal your or anyone else's personal information
Name
Address
Phone number
Email
Social security number
But does that also cover public in game data?

can a mod clear this up?

JakeCullen
10-14-2013, 02:26 AM
DO NOT) reveal your or anyone else's personal information
Name
Address
Phone number
Email
Social security number
But does that also cover public in game data?

can a mod clear this up?

I second that :-)

one man gang
10-14-2013, 04:17 AM
New update to grees T&C.. Don't ask questions about the T&C's

bravo 6 vk
10-14-2013, 04:43 AM
No, I guess. Don't take the risk you might get banned :rolleyes:

HEROx1
10-14-2013, 05:06 AM
They are public for everyone to see in game. Why would you get introuble for posting it here on the forums. You are good to go. Post peoples stats at your hearts content.

HTCBC
10-14-2013, 05:13 AM
They have a lot of Grey areas in the T&C do the Mods read this or how do we contact a mod to ask?

HEROx1
10-14-2013, 05:19 AM
Mods do not useally talk. They read but do not talk. If they even read at all. but dude posting soemoens stats is not that big of a deal i think you are over thinking it a little. You do not need a mod.

CitrineMondeoRSi
10-14-2013, 05:19 AM
It's like being back at school. I can handle a B- but thank you for taking the time to point out my error.

Education, not condemnation. You'll notice I've also added an apostrophe in the above quote to signify the abbreviation of "It is". You're welcome.

Dipstik
10-14-2013, 05:52 AM
This is clearly covered by "Rule 13" according to A&F, guys :)

HTCBC
10-14-2013, 06:01 AM

what is "Rule 13" and i cant find a list of numbered rules?

bravo 6 vk
10-14-2013, 06:10 AM
I've heard rule13, but dont know what it is.... care to explain dippy?

HTCBC
10-14-2013, 06:15 AM
It’s just an observation but, the people with the most posts are the least helpful. Do you have a lot of Trolls on the forum just posting dribble to get a high post level?

Don’t want to sound disrespectful. :o

Dipstik
10-14-2013, 06:26 AM
I have no idea what rule 13 is either... but in the Mollies thread, some idiot cited it as the reason why this is against the TOS.

TMI
10-14-2013, 06:27 AM
It’s just an observation but, the people with the most posts are the least helpful. Do you have a lot of Trolls on the forum just posting dribble to get a high post level?

Don’t want to sound disrespectful. :o

An astute observation.
Answer to original question: I don't know
Answer to troll question: no, just a few

HTCBC
10-14-2013, 06:36 AM
I have no idea what rule 13 is either... but in the Mollies thread, some idiot cited it as the reason why this is against the TOS.

So is Dippy A Troll? Just asking:rolleyes:

Randolph
10-14-2013, 06:49 AM
That "idiot" would be me and i see they changed it in the new posting guidelines to rule 6 . Yes it falls under posting personal information, but i would love to have one of the mods clarify this once and for all. So A&F , cj or anyone else please respond to this thread with your final say :-)

Dipstik
10-14-2013, 06:57 AM
Well it's not personal information either. And "Rule 6" of the TOS has nothing to do with posting people's private information. Do you mean the unenumerated forum rules when you say this is "against the TOS?"

Randolph
10-14-2013, 07:09 AM
Yes dippy, thought you would understand that thou lol guess i have to be more clear next time for you :-)

Ill post a pony next time pointing in the right direction ok?!

Dipstik
10-14-2013, 07:17 AM
You said this was against the TOS... I said it wasn't. You quoted "Rule 13" and I asked "rule 13 of what?" You never answered.

Also, posting someone's stats on the forum is not "personal information."

TMI
10-14-2013, 07:25 AM
actually, i think it's ok to post someone's stats. from my time on the forums, i've seen it a few times. you just can't call someone out their ingame name for cheating/hacking.

One notable exception to posting player stats, was when there was a thread about a player database. someone posted bald zeemer's stats off of that database and that post got removed (presumably from a mod)

So I think you can post a player's stats, as long as it's not stats from the player database (which turned out to be a violation of TOS), or you don't call them a cheater/hacker.

Randolph
10-14-2013, 07:37 AM
Well since its impossible to know if it came out a the players database i assumed its not allowed. But i can imagine a whole new trend coming when the mods give the greenlight to post it freely. Maybe a new forum section called Hitlist :-)

Max Power
10-14-2013, 07:55 AM
Education, not condemnation. You'll notice I've also added an apostrophe in the above quote to signify the abbreviation of "It is". You're welcome.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/Mackiesback/h632A1C2B_zpsf1a13f27.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Mackiesback/media/h632A1C2B_zpsf1a13f27.jpg.html)

Thanks for being "that" guy.

Molly's Voice
10-14-2013, 08:05 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/Mackiesback/h632A1C2B_zpsf1a13f27.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Mackiesback/media/h632A1C2B_zpsf1a13f27.jpg.html)

Thanks for being "that" guy.

LMAO. Awesome!

Big-R
10-14-2013, 08:06 AM
It's against the rules. Mods have removed a lot of posts for having players names. If you post a screenshot you have to block out the name. They tend to let certain people get away with it though because they have there favourites.

HTCBC
10-14-2013, 08:22 AM
thats instersting. Ive seen a few posts with other players giving away details on other players so i was just wondering?

Big-R
10-14-2013, 08:27 AM
thats instersting. Ive seen a few posts with other players giving away details on other players so i was just wondering?

They seem to of relaxed away from it a bit at the minute because there so busy doing other mod things. Like eating sandwiches.

Dunky
10-14-2013, 08:39 AM
Its against TOS to post un-edited screenshots of a rival..
If u're willing to post ur own stats..its okay.. Screenshots may be posted as long as u hide the LVL and character-name.
Stats are no problem..but not in combination with playername and/or lvl.
And u can't call them cheaters..
Cheaters are to be reported through contacting support (pref with un-edited screenshots)

Big-R
10-14-2013, 08:40 AM
If u're willing to post ur own..its okay.. but screenshots may be posted as long as u hide the LVL and character-name.
And u cant call them cheaters..
Cheaters are to be reported through contacting support (pref with un-edited screenshots)

That's true. If you accuse someone of cheating, especially if they are in one of the top syns, no matter how much evidence you have the mods will ban your account.

Max Power
10-14-2013, 08:42 AM
If u're willing to post ur own stats..its okay.. Screenshots may be posted as long as u hide the LVL and character-name.
And u can't call them cheaters..

I think the mods take it on a case by case basis, and accusing people of cheating while posting stats is probably the worst case scenario. I imagine there are many cases where posting stats are a lot less offensive, and they might let that slide.

Dunky
10-14-2013, 08:43 AM
I think the mods take it on a case by case basis, and accusing people of cheating while posting stats is probably the worst case scenario. I imagine there are many cases where posting stats are a lot less offensive, and they might let that slide.
True, as long as u hide the player-name.. its ok.

Dipstik
10-14-2013, 09:35 AM
**The Crazed Outlaws-TcO**
Dunky 485-926-532
393***/441*** Att/Def
785K IpH

Assault and Flattery
10-14-2013, 10:07 AM
They seem to of relaxed away from it a bit at the minute because there so busy doing other mod things. Like eating sandwiches.

Excuse me, I'm eating a BAGEL right now. With strawberry cream cheese, thank you very much.

Anyway. It kind of depends on your intent. If you're posting someone's info saying "OMFG DIS GUY IS CHEATING!!!" or "F*** THIS GUY!!" or "OMGF U GUYZ DIS GUY IS A JERK GO ATTACK HIM 4EVER!!1111!!!!" ...that's not cool.

So .. what is your intent? It's probably okay. Otherwise, you'll find out when I delete the post =p

Gingeasian
10-14-2013, 10:29 AM
Excuse me, I'm eating a BAGEL right now. With strawberry cream cheese, thank you very much.

Anyway. It kind of depends on your intent. If you're posting someone's info saying "OMFG DIS GUY IS CHEATING!!!" or "F*** THIS GUY!!" or "OMGF U GUYZ DIS GUY IS A JERK GO ATTACK HIM 4EVER!!1111!!!!" ...that's not cool.

So .. what is your intent? It's probably okay. Otherwise, you'll find out when I delete the post =p
Your not supposed to use curse words even if you substitute the letters

Edit: Toast>>>Bagels

real badman
10-14-2013, 10:31 AM
Seems like A&F is in a nice mood today. :) what happened? Finally GREE paid your salary. Lol.

Big-R
10-14-2013, 10:31 AM
Agree with toast over bagels.
Strawberry cream cheese? Really? Sounds nasty.
But fair play on the answer and not taking it to seriously. If it was Sirius I would've just got banned.

CJ54
10-14-2013, 10:55 AM
A&F is correct, it depends on the intent. If you're trying to get everyone to go spam someone's wall with cuss words or other verbal harassment, not cool, or if you're just going to call someone names. If you want to discuss what is going on with something you saw in-game, or ask questions about how they got what they have, fire away. We mainly just don't like people starting harassment campaigns on the forums.

Dipstik
10-14-2013, 10:59 AM
For future reference, you could have avoided bothering the mods if you just listened to me in the first place.

The_
10-14-2013, 11:00 AM

Hello, poopface killah.

The_
10-14-2013, 11:00 AM
A&F is correct, it depends on the intent. If you're trying to get everyone to go spam someone's wall with cuss words or other verbal harassment, not cool, or if you're just going to call someone names. If you want to discuss what is going on with something you saw in-game, or ask questions about how they got what they have, fire away. We mainly just don't like people starting harassment campaigns on the forums.
Omg a Crime City God has spoken.

CJ54
10-14-2013, 11:04 AM

It's pretty good, and I say that as someone who has had a fair number of food disagreements with A&F (usually over something I'm eating, to be fair).

TigrisCauda
10-14-2013, 11:09 AM

It's pretty good, and I say that as someone who has had a fair number of food disagreements with A&F (usually over something I'm eating, to be fair).

It's one of my Favourite snacks :) and when I can't find it in the store, I just blend some plain cream cheese with strawberry jam! Which, if I think about it, is actually better lol

Yum, thanks A&F, now I know what I'm having for lunch ;)

SNEAKERJUNKY
10-14-2013, 11:14 AM
Boo to Strawberry Cream Cheese.

Randolph
10-14-2013, 02:09 PM
For future reference, you could have avoided bothering the mods if you just listened to me in the first place.

Uhmmmm no dippy, you were wrong in this case, it started in the other thread were Molly called for an attack on several players which he later admitted werent on his crew, but on his hitlist, so it wasnt allowed. Therefor for future reference, listen to me instead lol

Now pony away :-)

Dipstik
10-14-2013, 02:16 PM
Considering your demonstrated lack of reading comprehension skills, I'll just let it go. The fact that the alleged "terms of service" violation is still there should speak for itself, but you can't wake someone up who's just pretending to be asleep.

Rebels
10-14-2013, 03:04 PM
Considering your demonstrated lack of reading comprehension skills, I'll just let it go. The fact that the alleged "terms of service" violation is still there should speak for itself, but you can't wake someone up who's just pretending to be asleep.

Dippy you are slipping! Getting too serious there.... go back to what you do best ;)

Dipstik
10-14-2013, 03:12 PM
*shrug*

All I said was "No it isn't" in response to someone claiming it was a TOS violation to post game-name and stats on the forum. I'm not chasing this guy as he backpedals.

Randolph
10-14-2013, 03:23 PM
Lol look like your backpedalling to me but i we'll keep it in the middel who's right :-)

Dipstik
10-14-2013, 03:28 PM
If you say so, dumbass.

Molly's Voice
10-14-2013, 03:38 PM
If you say so, dumbass.

Don't bother trying to rationalize with him, Dippy. He's just a troll. Been trying to bromance me since I got here.

Dipstik
10-14-2013, 03:39 PM
I wouldn't give him credit for being a troll.

Randolph
10-14-2013, 03:48 PM
Het dippy keep it civilized bro this is the 2nd time you insulted me! If you want to go that route its fine by me, but thought you had a better sense of humor. Apparently you cant handle doing right that good! Keep it up but keep it clean!

Molly's Voice
10-14-2013, 03:51 PM
Cry much???

Dipstik
10-14-2013, 03:51 PM
Het dippy keep it civilized bro this is the 2nd time you insulted me!

It won't be the last.

Gingeasian
10-14-2013, 03:53 PM
It won't be the last.
Actually it will now that he is banned

Dipstik
10-14-2013, 03:54 PM
Interesting... wonder what he did.

Molly's Voice
10-14-2013, 04:00 PM
Why does everyone consider it a badge of honor taking on Dipstik?

Dipstik
10-14-2013, 04:01 PM
He didn't "take me on" and I didn't "take him on." He made a claim that something was against the TOS, I said it wasn't. That's it.