PDA

View Full Version : Dropping your munber of mafia

seansheep
10-13-2013, 08:39 PM
Without resorting to any inane references to henchmen, can someone explain the rationale behind deliberately dropping your mafia numbers below the number you could have.

I've never really understood how this effects your visibility in rival lists. Once you've dropped numbers, I assume that you also see a lower calibre of players in your own rivals list?

Cao Bao
10-13-2013, 08:59 PM
I always thought it was because some of the challenge things required you to hit people with 500 mafia.

However... *shrugs* I got nothing.

The_
10-13-2013, 09:01 PM
Pm me for the magic number.

sister morphine
10-13-2013, 09:51 PM
Without resorting to any inane references to henchmen, can someone explain the rationale behind deliberately dropping your mafia numbers below the number you could have.

I've never really understood how this effects your visibility in rival lists. Once you've dropped numbers, I assume that you also see a lower calibre of players in your own rivals list?
Pretty simple. There's a point at which you can still see players on 500, but they are very unlikely to see you. There's only two reasons to do it - to try and escape from someone stalking you, or to escape the syndicate version of the game (I might say the PvP events especially) and return to how things used to be.

jmeijer
10-13-2013, 10:57 PM
I think that people with 500 mafia can see down to 385. That's just my view, don't know if anyone knows the exact number.

ShawnBB
10-13-2013, 11:03 PM
I think that people with 500 mafia can see down to 385. That's just my view, don't know if anyone knows the exact number.

I can only confirm that 349 is a safe number :) since i haven't got robbed for months.

wenzdae
10-14-2013, 01:15 AM
I thought it was a strategic thing in battles. Ppl with less amount of mafia tend to get scouted more so accounts strong for their level would drop mafia numbers to appear weak

CitrineMondeoRSi
10-14-2013, 01:20 AM
+1 Sister M...
Hope you're keeping well and enjoying the old game. I certainly am :-)

sister morphine
10-14-2013, 03:19 AM
I thought it was a strategic thing in battles. Ppl with less amount of mafia tend to get scouted more so accounts strong for their level would drop mafia numbers to appear weak
There's that too. How well it would work might depend on the tier your syndicate is in. The high end guys would probably all know each other. Leaving those ones out I can still spank many players, even with a hundred fewer mafia than the max :)

sister morphine
10-14-2013, 03:27 AM
+1 Sister M...
Hope you're keeping well and enjoying the old game. I certainly am :-)
Hi Cit,

I'm sort of in-between right now. Sitting on about 400 (a bit less for sweet) so I'm visible. Was out on Saturday all day having fun without Gree, so everything got robbed by silly PvPers ;) who cares? I totally expected that to happen - apart from checking in once a day to do a bloody barber upgrade I've been CC free since then. Will pop in to reset things at a time of my choosing later on today.

sister morphine
10-14-2013, 03:29 AM
@ShawnBB - please get rid of that awful sig. It makes me nauseous. :rolleyes:

Joe bananas
10-14-2013, 03:30 AM
When I had 500 mafia, I could only see rivals with 500. I could hit refresh as often as I like and still everyone had 500. I've now dropped to 498 and I can see down to 360ish. They're a strange mob down there, they seem to be either really weak or really strong.
I figured the weak ones were hiding and the strong ones we're trying to look weak and bait people during syndicate battles.

Player 1
10-14-2013, 03:30 AM
I use PVP events basicly just to re-sync my time schedule.
just gotta stay under 350 mafia :)

Max Power
10-14-2013, 08:27 AM
There are a number of non-spenders down here that are down here to avoid being chum in the water. It's a bit more peaceful.

Although I have to admit, when I first dropped down months ago almost nobody else that also dropped would rob or attack you. They would work on economy or participate in events and such, but you pretty much got left alone. It was kind of a professional courtesy thing. Now there are a handful of guys that merely dropped down because they can't compete with the big boys so the dropped to rob and attack non-stop where they can win. Matias067 is the worst of them. He is the Big Joey of the lower levels. If you let anything go for even 5 minutes he gets it. It's like he is a bot or something.

It kinda is like a turd in the punch bowl, but I guess it is a viable strategy for some. Don't have a lot of respect for it, but it is what it is.

I have been hanging around 250, I think I will go up a hundred now that I know what the cut-off is.

Flyingsquad23
10-14-2013, 09:03 AM
That's funny because when I started all the talk on here was about chasing rats, you know those that dropped mafia to run and hide. I normally stay at max mafia but from time to time I will drop and rob anyone i can, if the take is right. If you don't want to be robbed collect on time. I'm sure he respects the contribution to his daily take.

Steve0
10-14-2013, 12:04 PM
I like 342 been that way for almost 1.5 years. Its nice and quiet. Was gone on vacation for 8 days and not even attempt to get robbed or attack. For me it makes the game more enjoyable.

SNEAKERJUNKY
10-14-2013, 12:05 PM
I might just delete them all. Im stronger than all but 5 maybe anyway.

is1j
10-14-2013, 12:42 PM
Wouldn't dropping the number of mafia also reduce your stats? I would think that one has the balance the risk of being robbed with the decrease in stats that make one weaker in the battles. I wonder whether the number of respect popints one gets is to some extent the function of the mafia number of the opponent. Does anyone have an idea?

Max Power
10-14-2013, 02:08 PM
Wouldn't dropping the number of mafia also reduce your stats? I would think that one has the balance the risk of being robbed with the decrease in stats that make one weaker in the battles. I wonder whether the number of respect popints one gets is to some extent the function of the mafia number of the opponent. Does anyone have an idea?

It does reduce your stats, but it also lowers you into a weaker tiers of opponents. Since you guy always uses the strongest weapons available, the weapons lost by reducing mob are weaker than the ones you will keep.

And yes, there used to be a big thing about the rats going to 499 when thug life goals were an important part of gameplay, but they really aren't anymore.

sister morphine
10-14-2013, 03:29 PM
That's funny because when I started all the talk on here was about chasing rats, you know those that dropped mafia to run and hide. I normally stay at max mafia but from time to time I will drop and rob anyone i can, if the take is right. If you don't want to be robbed collect on time. I'm sure he respects the contribution to his daily take.
Rats were people doing thug life goals whilst sitting just under 500 mafia themselves, so others couldn't hit them for their own goals. Like Max says, TL is pretty much irrelevant now.