PDA

View Full Version : What's the best base shape?

Exxtraterrestrial
10-13-2013, 02:20 PM
What shape allows the most room? Zigzaggy or square?

Zulfiqaar
10-13-2013, 02:26 PM
As Square As Possible.

Kakorot
10-13-2013, 02:41 PM
I use a circle or a triangle base. Works the best. But really use the square base

Blade of 3
10-13-2013, 03:27 PM
Technically each square added will add the same area regardless unless you mean the most buildings in one area. Then probably having a square. A large portion has to do with how you organize it. A few buildings leaving gaps can add up quickly especially when you have to move it to the next column because of it.

The Pharoah
10-13-2013, 04:03 PM
If you go all crazy with zig-zags, you end up wasting almost as much space as you use, because there's room left in every square, but not enough to put anything in. Keep to a square/rectangular shape, and you can squeeze all the buildings up together and consolidate all the free space for something useful. And of course it works out cheaper...I just bought an extension for $65m. Ouch.

Drakhoan
10-13-2013, 04:09 PM
Not so much about shape as it is about minimizing dead space. As said earlier the closer the better. That would be the best... let the build additions dictate the shape. All that said I would imagine it to be nearly square.

LeBarticus
10-13-2013, 06:14 PM
I dont really care about "wasting space" as this is a game and i want to have fun with my base. So i have a large square with a path extending to the back of the map that links up with another square. I have another path from the larger square that extends along the water to another square on the bottom right side of the map. Its going to be sick when i finish it up!