PDA

View Full Version : Anyone still able to use Bluestacks on OSX?

Agent Orange
10-13-2013, 08:52 AM
On all our test Macs I either get a crash, black screen or when doing a reinstall the message that there was not enough space to install the database. Have tried to nuke everything that is able to be removed but seems either the MW app is just too large or I need to be able to increase the amount of memory that Bluestacks is running in.

On my Windows 7 PC's it still runs. Slowly.

Zulfiqaar
10-13-2013, 02:29 PM
Bluestacks mw doesnt open in windows for me...any suggestions?

Grecoref
10-13-2013, 04:48 PM
My mw and cc work slowly on windows 7 and does crash quit a lot. I can't even find mw on bluestacks on my Mac. How can I find the app in bs Mac.

Grecoref
10-13-2013, 04:50 PM
Also I was using genymotion as a app player to for mw and crime city but mw won't even open on genymotion anymore

Agent Orange
10-14-2013, 05:07 AM
Bluestacks mw doesnt open in windows for me...any suggestions?

Does Bluestacks open or do you get a video error. If yes your screwed as your PC is not compatible. If Bluestacks runs then delete as many of the visible apps you can using tools provided at bottom right corner of screen.

Agent Orange
10-14-2013, 05:09 AM
My mw and cc work slowly on windows 7 and does crash quit a lot. I can't even find mw on bluestacks on my Mac. How can I find the app in bs Mac.

Click the magnifying glass type in MODERN WAR all caps and click find.

Zulfiqaar
10-14-2013, 05:15 AM
Does Bluestacks open or do you get a video error. If yes your screwed as your PC is not compatible. If Bluestacks runs then delete as many of the visible apps you can using tools provided at bottom right corner of screen.

Bluestacks opens, i installed mw, and it loads 2/3rd of the way before stalling...i left it overnight and it wont load anymore
MW was the only app installed too

Agent Orange
10-14-2013, 06:29 AM
Bluestacks opens, i installed mw, and it loads 2/3rd of the way before stalling...i left it overnight and it wont load anymore
MW was the only app installed too

Default install puts stuff like Facebook on as well did you use the Manage Applications and remove everything preinstalled except MW and 1mobile Market.

Also multiple starts are needed sometimes. Whole thing is slow and flakey better to just get a cheap Droid Tablet.

Sumiala
10-14-2013, 11:29 AM
I had another shot at BlueStacks after dismissing it for a long time.
It loaded 2/3rds of the way through and then said it was an old version, or something to the effect of 'you need to update the MW app'.
Tried to do it, with all three available shops, and no luck.
Might have another shot this weekend including removing all the stuff I don't want.
Don't hold your breath waiting for me to try, this is low priority for me...
[and yes, I run OS X on a 4-year old MacBook]