PDA

View Full Version : Still waiting for an explanation regarding the new and depleted Gold Bonus Program

Dr Girlfriend
10-13-2013, 05:46 AM
Those of us in the bonus program received an email flatly stating that the program was being changed because it was "seriously affecting the balance of the game." I've gotten no response via email, and no response yet here on the forum, so I'm asking again: How do you feel these new tiers somehow restore balance? Because I don't see it.

People willing to spend $5000 in a month in your game remain unaffected, and people who were never in the bonus program remain unaffected. The only people affected are those willing to put together $500, $1000, $2000 in a month to get themselves a little extra gold for their money. Pixilated gold, that is, not an actual commodity that costs you anything to produce. How is balance restored to the game by squeezing these mid-tier spenders out of the program?

Feel free to give me a complicated answer. I promise I'll try and keep up.

CCKallDAY
10-13-2013, 05:55 AM
First,
I feel bad for you.

Dr Girlfriend
10-13-2013, 06:01 AM
First,
I feel bad for you.

Haha, don't! Next time I cobble together a spare $2k, I plan to put it towards a new MacBook. :)

seansheep
10-13-2013, 06:04 AM
First,
I feel bad for you.'

I'm sure we're all crying a little inside for them.

real badman
10-13-2013, 06:37 AM
Haha, don't! Next time I cobble together a spare $2k, I plan to put it towards a new MacBook. :)

Better Idea. :D
I'll go for a holiday the next weekend. (During Battles) ;)

HTCBC
10-13-2013, 06:48 AM
Wish is was rich.........but im not.......wish i had gold.but nope..

sorry Gree did this to you tho Dr

KemoKidd
10-13-2013, 07:06 AM
Those of us in the bonus program received an email flatly stating that the program was being changed because it was "seriously affecting the balance of the game." I've gotten no response via email, and no response yet here on the forum, so I'm asking again: How do you feel these new tiers somehow restore balance? Because I don't see it.

People willing to spend $5000 in a month in your game remain unaffected, and people who were never in the bonus program remain unaffected. The only people affected are those willing to put together $500, $1000, $2000 in a month to get themselves a little extra gold for their money. Pixilated gold, that is, not an actual commodity that costs you anything to produce. How is balance restored to the game by squeezing these mid-tier spenders out of the program?

First of all, if it is just "pixilated gold, that is, not an actual commodity" then why spend so much on it? Second, you kind of answer your own question. The huge spenders will always remain outbalanced. So now the medium spenders will get less gold extra when they purchase a lot which will not let them seperate themsleves farther from the rest. Isnt that keeping it more balanced? By letting less people run away with high stats?

HTCBC
10-13-2013, 07:10 AM
First of all, if it is just "pixilated gold, that is, not an actual commodity" then why spend so much on it? Second, you kind of answer your own question. The huge spenders will always remain outbalanced. So now the medium spenders will get less gold extra when they purchase a lot which will not let them seperate themsleves farther from the rest. Isnt that keeping it more balanced? By letting less people run away with high stats?

Good Point

KemoKidd
10-13-2013, 07:19 AM
Good Point

Whats funny is that I never thought of that. I just read the post and had it explained to me!

Dr Girlfriend
10-13-2013, 07:40 AM

I don't see how that balances the game further. Without those mid-tier spenders, the players willing to spend just get further and further away from everyone else.

Personally, I think the decision makers at Gree are idiots. All I see this change doing is reducing revenue. The mid-spenders aren't going to spend if they're not getting the same value for their money anymore, and the big spenders won't need to spend as much to stay ahead.

As for me, I only started spending due to syndicates, and finding out about the bonus program is the only thing that made it worthwhile to me. I didn't mind spending a little to help my teammates out, and could justify it with all the time I spend on this dumb game. But I have an outstanding syndicate that puts a premium on getting the most for the least spent, and with these changes, I have a feeling we're going to collectively ride out into the sunset when our current gold runs out.

Molly's Voice
10-13-2013, 07:48 AM
But I have an outstanding syndicate that puts a premium on getting the most for the least spent, and with these changes, I have a feeling we're going to collectively ride out into the sunset when our current gold runs out.

And the Molly Maguires will move one step closer to dominating this game.

iteachem
10-13-2013, 07:57 AM

You have quite a fight with dippy first.. We all know he will be the last one left

Molly's Voice
10-13-2013, 09:02 AM
You have quite a fight with dippy first.. We all know he will be the last one left

Eventually we will add Dippy to our collective.

sister morphine
10-13-2013, 10:00 AM
People run away with high stats from accumulating excessively generous bonuses added onto top prizes from events, not by mere spending. That problem is most pronounced in KA where many members of FUN are now untouchable in war to even strong players from other guilds. I think the changes to the gold program have been extended there also, so the balance argument doesn't wash for me.

More likely it's either just another reward for Gree's biggest sponsors or an underhand way of trying to encourage the medium spenders to dump even more into the games (even at wider intervals so their overall spend doesn't go up much).

Captain Torgue
10-14-2013, 12:26 AM
Gree aren't even reading this. They are too busy smoking Cuban cigars in a spa filled with champagne.

TZora
10-14-2013, 12:38 AM
First,
I feel bad for you.
feel bad for gree :)

touche!

sister morphine
10-14-2013, 12:51 AM
But..... I thought Molly Maguires were already the capos of crime city! Ah Ha!! :D

Dr Girlfriend
10-14-2013, 04:30 PM
Still waiting...

montecore
10-14-2013, 04:32 PM

Feel free to give me a complicated answer. I promise I'll try and keep up.

I believe the "balance" they want is one where 1% get all the benefits and are quite strong, and 99% are not.

The middle class was getting just a bit too powerful and rambunctious. Better to nip it in the bud, you know.

mxz
10-14-2013, 04:54 PM
The middle class was getting just a bit too powerful and rambunctious. Better to nip it in the bud, you know.Post reported for harassment, stalking and promotion of drug use.

DannyD
10-14-2013, 07:49 PM
Gree aren't even reading this. They are too busy smoking Cuban cigars in a spa filled with champagne.

GREE is a publicly traded company whose profit margins have been tanking, revenues dropping and staff being laid off. There are no cigars being smoked...

[CM]]forgetaboutit
10-15-2013, 08:08 AM
Personally, I think the decision makers at Gree are idiots. .

LOL thats f'n funny

Dr Girlfriend
10-16-2013, 05:47 AM
And yes, I'm still waiting.

I've sent in a ticket, and bumped it a couple times, and haven't gotten any explanation there, either. Not even a reply.

Is there going to be any defense of this policy change from Gree outside of, "it's our game, and we can do what we want"?

Big-R
10-16-2013, 05:51 AM
Why do they need to? At the end of the day whether we agree or not it is there game and there terms said they can do this whenever they please.
Bumping up ticket after ticket does nothing but clog up further an already back logged system.
It's clear they aren't interested in people who spend not a mediocre amount a year, but in 1 or two lumps. There interest is in people who spend a decent amount every month. Business's aren't interested in those constantly loking to save money.

Fredfreddy
10-16-2013, 06:27 AM
Agreed, just let it go. Someone within GREE did some gold buying analysis, and they adjusted the program accordingly, that's the explanation. You'll never be privy to the details, nor are we owed any details.

Dr Girlfriend
10-16-2013, 07:48 AM
I think people who have literally spent thousands of dollars on this game deserve more than simply being ignored.

Big-R
10-16-2013, 07:56 AM
Why now? They have been ignoring us for most of the games tenure. Some people do get very swift replies and explanations. Those are the people support decide deserve it.
You and others may think you deserve an explanation, but gree is under no obligation to give one.
I'm not saying what they did was right, especially with the timing, but how do you think cluttering up support for everyone is going to help? If anything it makes the game worse by causing a bigger delay for tickets that will get answered.
If you want any kind of answer, try to get someone in the higher tier of the programme to ask. The tier that they deem to be players of note.

Sammo the Kid
10-16-2013, 07:57 AM
I think people who have literally spent thousands of dollars on this game deserve more than simply being ignored.

I think people who have literally spent thousands of dollars on this game deserve to be mocked repeatedly.

[CM]]forgetaboutit
10-16-2013, 02:02 PM

Even if you don't spend money you are ignored in the same manner
I have a ticket from Feb. still unanswered

Electrify
10-16-2013, 02:38 PM
the bonus does clearly state it can be changed at any giving time. It is what it is. Consider yourself lucky they didnt completely do away with it

A SALT RIFLE
10-16-2013, 03:41 PM
If they take gold bonus away completely, than Gree's stock will take a nosedive

IBTL
10-16-2013, 03:56 PM
I think Dippy already gave a spot-on explanation a couple weeks ago. It was something about squeezing out the $500-$2000 a month spenders, which are numerous and powerful. Having that many strong, longtime players discourages the new user base from trying to compete.