PDA

View Full Version : Steam Machines - seems virtually impossible without gold

seansheep
10-13-2013, 05:23 AM
Currently, the qualifying number required to reach the top 250 is 20 Stream Machines.

The fact this number is so low suggests to me that the only way to amass any sort of respectable number is by gold use (given how long the event has already been running).

What a waste of time and a big 2 fingers up to the vast majority of players by Gree. ".......come online once an hour for days chumps but you've about as much chance as winning the lottery"

sister morphine
10-13-2013, 05:52 AM
You must be new here?! ;)

Dr Girlfriend
10-13-2013, 05:54 AM
So you don't think spending gold to get a trick razor, $6000, or a henchman is worth it? What are you, entitled or something?

sister morphine
10-13-2013, 05:57 AM
Should be said if you're just coming on each hour to open, it's not surprising. You'll get a better success rate if you actually play the game for a bit - and especially get your game to talk to the server - before trying. No guarantee still.

KingOW
10-13-2013, 04:24 PM
I have seriously open at least 60 with cash, probably more, and got 8 steam boxes at this point. I have also recived: 2x 100 RP, 2x henchmen, 2x $6000, 1x $30k + 3-4 worthless low stats crap weapons. I'm happy I haven't spent any gold on this.

I don't understand why the f*ck GREE would give out $300k per boss and better items in the boss event, and then do this. It makes absolutely no sense to me other than they want us angry so we change game. But that's not a good way to make money or get happy costumers.

seansheep
10-13-2013, 04:30 PM
I have seriously open at least 60 with cash, probably more, and got 8 steam boxes at this point. I have also recived: 2x 100 RP, 2x henchmen, 2x $6000, 1x $30k + 3-4 worthless low stats crap weapons. I'm happy I haven't spent any gold on this.

I don't understand why the f*ck GREE would give out $300k per boss and better items in the boss event, and then do this. It makes absolutely no sense to me other than they want us angry so we change game. But that's not a good way to make money or get happy costumers.

I agree entirely. The point I was also trying to make is that this time round, the probably of achieving successful cash opens seems far lower than previously has been the case. This seems particularly harsh on anyone who might have had an expectation they could do well through extreme dedication (opening once an hour round the clock)

seansheep
10-13-2013, 04:37 PM
So you don't think spending gold to get a trick razor, $6000, or a henchman is worth it? What are you, entitled or something?

Please forgive me, but the thought of you poor gold program people spending your precious gold on these things (on top of your free gold being withdrawn) makes me go:

http://fcdn.mtbr.com/attachments/29er-bikes/592165d1359601749-chromag-29er-nelson%2520muntz.jpg

Cao Bao
10-13-2013, 04:44 PM
Please forgive me, but the thought of you poor gold program people spending your precious gold on these things (on top of your free gold being withdrawn) makes me go:

http://fcdn.mtbr.com/attachments/29er-bikes/592165d1359601749-chromag-29er-nelson%2520muntz.jpg

Please forgive me, but your lack of sarcastic knowledge makes me too go "HA HA!".

I suggest you try harder in the event to win more henchman.

ploop
10-13-2013, 04:51 PM
Please forgive me, but your lack of sarcastic knowledge makes me too go "HA HA!".

you spelled henchmen wrong lmao

Cao Bao
10-13-2013, 07:13 PM
you spelled henchmen wrong lmao
I say henchman not henchmen. You only gain one at a time.

One man , you cannot have one men.

sister morphine
10-13-2013, 09:38 PM
I say henchman not henchmen. You only gain one at a time.

One man , you cannot have one men.

Is what you wrote - more henchman makes no sense at all - and no amount of back-peddling will change that ;)