PDA

View Full Version : WD match ups system.

DILL3NGER
10-12-2013, 03:01 AM
A question to our more knowledgeable members.......

What parameters dictate a match up in WD? My faction has been debating this and was wondering what the wider view was.

DILL.

Tito89
10-12-2013, 04:42 AM
A question to our more knowledgeable members.......

What parameters dictate a match up in WD? My faction has been debating this and was wondering what the wider view was.

DILL.

All others correct me if wrong, but i believe its based on average strength of faction.

sraghav42
10-12-2013, 05:04 AM
All others correct me if wrong, but i believe its based on average strength of faction.

I personally don't believe that, I believe only the current rank is the factor.

DILL3NGER
10-12-2013, 05:11 AM
This is a theory that I've heard. But not sure as we tend to get a mix of match ups from SUP1 to top 250.

DILL3NGER
10-12-2013, 05:11 AM
I personally don't believe that, I believe only the current rank is the factor.how does the first match up work then?

sraghav42
10-12-2013, 05:23 AM
The first matchup is totally random. In a top 50 team we once had our first matchup with a top 25 team and in India our first match was with a top 4000 team

Lancerdually
10-12-2013, 06:46 AM
The first matchup is totally random. In a top 50 team we once had our first matchup with a top 25 team and in India our first match was with a top 4000 team
Have seen the same thing......there is no alithogram that factors anything...it's completely random..........
Prove me wrong.

I Will Merc You
10-12-2013, 08:24 AM
Have seen the same thing......there is no alithogram that factors anything...it's completely random..........
Prove me wrong.

Where there is a machine, there is an algorithm. I assume you think all slot machines are 'by-chance' also?

mickymacirl
10-12-2013, 08:29 AM
The strength associated with ur factions id

SevenO9
10-12-2013, 08:52 AM
Faction strength
Current ranking
Previous ranking
Previous matchups

Lancerdually
10-12-2013, 08:55 AM
Where there is a machine, there is an algorithm. I assume you think all slot machines are 'by-chance' also?
Ahh....see.....same person who wrote the alithogram for WD match ups has spoken....or at least has the same troll mentality :rolleyes:

I Will Merc You
10-12-2013, 09:05 AM
Ahh....see.....same person who wrote the alithogram for WD match ups has spoken....or at least has the same troll mentality :rolleyes:

I see. You have no idea who I am or how long I have been on this forum. Two years and counting, I have checked this forum daily....and you have referred to me as a 'troll' twice...... So quick to point fingers. That is fantastic, as I would love to lyrically slaughter you across this entire forum. Be carefull who you poke around on..... I'll Merc ya. :cool:

Lancerdually
10-12-2013, 09:17 AM
I see. You have no idea who I am or how long I have been on this forum. Two years and counting, I have checked this forum daily....and you have referred to me as a 'troll' twice...... So quick to point fingers. That is fantastic, as I would love to lyrically slaughter you across this entire forum. Be carefull who you poke around on..... I'll Merc ya. :cool:
My apologies ..... allow me to hold my quivering boots still in your mighty presence :(
I will attempt to be more careful(l) as soon as you provide the PROOF........
till then f/o....or smile and be happy in your delusions of grandeur :cool:

dpghost mobile
10-12-2013, 09:20 AM
Faction strength
Current ranking
Previous ranking
Previous matchups

Faction strength - All we have to see is faction members stats, attack and defense
Current ranking - no ranking at first war
Previous ranking - like the WD points and the rank of the previous event? how many back, one, ten? if its a brand new faction?
Previous matchups - it has to be something quantifiable, a digit, number, because in the end some algorithm is matching us
I am very interested, but I think we have to post more of our experience.
Like the first match is a bit random - than it could be that there are no info / data from the previous event involved

I Will Merc You
10-12-2013, 09:31 AM
My apologies ..... allow me to hold my quivering boots still in your mighty presence :(
I will attempt to be more careful(l) as soon as you provide the PROOF........
till then f/o....or smile and be happy in your delusions of grandeur :cool:

I see you joined this forum in May 2013.....5 months ago. You young cats are always the ones trying to prove the most.

If you want proof, 777277849 add that ID, and come prove to yourself that you are speaking out of your league.

This is the last apology I accept from a little boy like you. So smile, and use this as a learning lesson. You are far too young to be acting so old.

Al Murkya.

Lancerdually
10-12-2013, 09:40 AM
I see you joined this forum in May 2013.....5 months ago. You young cats are always the ones trying to prove the most.

If you want proof, 777277849 add that ID, and come prove to yourself that you are speaking out of your league.

This is the last apology I accept from a little boy like you. So smile, and use this as a learning lesson. You are far too young to be acting so old.

Al Murkya.
proof request sent..... oh by the way.....I have been on the game much longer

gwill
10-12-2013, 10:32 AM
The whole meaning of troll is lost on people... it gets used way out of context way too often just like here.

I Will Merc You
10-12-2013, 10:47 AM
The whole meaning of troll is lost on people... it gets used way out of context way too often just like here.

a mythical, cave-dwelling being depicted in folklore as either a giant or a dwarf, typically having a very ugly appearance.

Agreed.

dpghost mobile
10-12-2013, 12:08 PM
I Will Merc You & Lancerdually, and all other that have an open issue, please use PM or take it somewhere else, we want to talk here about the matching system.
And on that issue, in my faction we believe that only data from the present event is used, mainly because the first match is way off.
Can you think of some examples in your play?

DILL3NGER
10-12-2013, 12:29 PM
I Will Merc You & Lancerdually, and all other that have an open issue, please use PM or take it somewhere else, we want to talk here about the matching system.
And on that issue, in my faction we believe that only data from the present event is used, mainly because the first match is way off.
Can you think of some examples in your play?This.

Take yer **** slinging else where please.

Arc Burn
10-12-2013, 02:59 PM
Seems to me its based on current rank and faction size...my 2c with the new strategy of hanging back and collecting wins...I feel the 'computer code has bitten off all it can chew. And merc you are legit I know you in game... just messaged you to confirm haha not a troll. Happy hunting ladies and gents

Drakhoan
10-12-2013, 03:17 PM
I expect that each event starts fresh, but is still based on total faction stats. After the first round it seems to be based on current rank or bracket as well as faction stats.

Baseking5646
10-12-2013, 05:26 PM
I think that it should be in divisions like baseball or football that way you have the super high guys like SUP and then you can have the lower guys that can win some nice units too.

Lancerdually
10-14-2013, 05:54 AM
My apologies to those following this thread who were affected by the troll issues. I originally came on to give my input as how I see the WD match up system working(not-working) and was sidetracked.
In my experience in teams between top 250 and top 50 there has been no working way of matching anything up by Gree....it appears all just RANDOM from the first match till the last. Last war when my team tried holding back for hours and falling below top 1000 we were still being match against top 10 rivals and then against some not even in top 4000 so I must conclude there is no working match up system.......it has been this way for at least 2 years now.....match ups are always haywire at some point.

Mila Relyt
10-14-2013, 09:41 AM
The in-game walkthrough says:

Factions must "declare war" in order to participate in the event. Any member can do this. Once war is declared, your faction will be matched up with other factions of similar attack strength, fighting to win World Domination (WD) points.

So if it goes by attack strength, it would explain the one-man factions wreaking havoc in the lower levels. A 1.5 mil attack player faction will be placed against factions with around 1.5 mil attack, whether it is by a faction with 1 1.5 mill attack player, 2 750k players, or 10 150k players. "Similar attack strength" probably doesn't count ranking on current or past WD battles but only on who is available when the declare button is pushed.

BoThox
10-14-2013, 11:49 AM
I played the previous WD mainly alone, having two fairly good accounts and some inactive n00b accounts tagging along. Faction attack was around 2m. My faction had 6 members, and I faced many factions 20-30 members. Unfortunately for most of them, they underestimated my desire to keep my streak going ;).
I dare suggest that faction size doesn't have a very high weight into the equation.

Lou Sir
10-14-2013, 07:05 PM
I played the previous WD mainly alone, having two fairly good accounts and some inactive n00b accounts tagging along. Faction attack was around 2m. My faction had 6 members, and I faced many factions 20-30 members. Unfortunately for most of them, they underestimated my desire to keep my streak going ;).
I dare suggest that faction size doesn't have a very high weight into the equation.

I thought u have to have more than 15 member in a faction to be able to go for war

RacoonSiao
10-14-2013, 08:34 PM
The in-game walkthrough says:

Factions must "declare war" in order to participate in the event. Any member can do this. Once war is declared, your faction will be matched up with other factions of similar attack strength, fighting to win World Domination (WD) points.

So if it goes by attack strength, it would explain the one-man factions wreaking havoc in the lower levels. A 1.5 mil attack player faction will be placed against factions with around 1.5 mil attack, whether it is by a faction with 1 1.5 mill attack player, 2 750k players, or 10 150k players. "Similar attack strength" probably doesn't count ranking on current or past WD battles but only on who is available when the declare button is pushed.

I am fully agree with this.
My faction of 20 llp were put to match a faction of only 1 player with 1.5mil def count.
None of our member can win him. So all of us just bang the command post to gain point.
That was suck match.
I hope this time round it won't happen again.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Pakmom1
10-15-2013, 07:48 AM
We would like this answered as well.

We analyzed a few battles from the last couple of wars and found no rhyme or reason in the match ups. We've been hovering around 300 for a few months, but have been matched with teams from 25 to 4000. Having scouted most members of some rival teams, our faction stats were nowhere near theirs.

johnny_blayze
10-15-2013, 11:17 AM
My guess:

Initially: Previous Rank + Average Strength + Randomness

Throughout the Event: Current Rank + Average Strength + Randomness

I do not believe the 3 variables are evenly weighted, and average strength may actually be worth very little

Say you're top 250, lets assume chances are you'll get matched up with a faction in the top 500. When you declare the pool of available factions to get matched up aren't all top 500 factions. Many are in battle, many are not declaring. So it'll try to match you up with another faction who also declared. Now people complain about match time taking too long, so it will find an available faction to match even if its in the top 25, now you get your fast match-up time but complain because the opponent is too strong. Can't have it both ways...

TheDanimal
10-15-2013, 09:11 PM
From what I have read in the past, the most weight of all the variables is given to combined faction strength. When you declare, the system puts you in a pool of declared factions for a certain amount of time and matches you to the faction with the most similar strength.
Obviously it's not this simple... The hard part is figuring out the other variables & how much they matter.
If the system cannot find a solid match within a certain variance, it most likely begins to factor in, or give more weight to, other variables.
Previous WD ranking / previous wd scores most likely come into play, as the majority of Matchups seem to be factions that are somewhere around your faction's previous rank/score

The curiousity is the outlier matchup where you get matched with a faction way out of your league....
Possible explanations:
-system glitched/algorithm ghosting, or producing unexpected results
-no factions similar to you are available for war
-intended curveball to prevent winning streaks / to provide an insanely easy win (from the stronger faction's view)
-a 'randomness' variable that says f it & matches you with whoever first pops up
- other...

My new faction has a theory that if you start scoring too high early on, the system tries to handicap you by giving you very tough factions... Makes sense, but I'm a bit skeptical

I've also heard that above rank 500 or 1000 (forget which) it's mostly random Matchups from there to 4000.... The Matchups are more tightly controlled for the better ranked factions

Venom )=
12-13-2013, 06:09 PM
I do not believe it has much to do with strength and some with rank, but more with wins. The closer we got to higher wins, we were matched against top 100 ranked factions and even got a one man army which is total absurd...