PDA

View Full Version : Could this work?

Tito89
10-10-2013, 08:36 AM
I had a thought just before i wrote this...

I was wondering about the people who are high levels like 180 and above who struggle to hit big points during world domination so i thought why not have a building that boosts world domination points somehow? Like a doubler or something. And to only benefit these players it can only be unlocked at lv180 so its not the same across the whole game and makes no difference. So...opinions please.

SGT Rud
10-10-2013, 08:45 AM
Its not a bad thought. But the idea would work in better if the opposing faction was able to raid it out during WD. But the building would need to be higher than 180. Im up here and in WD, I have no problem finding targets paying 300+ with levels between 180-220. Plus with the new cap at 300, it wont be long until the FvF runners and main guys on WD points reach it, us in the 180-220 range will have no issues finding targets still. I also think that this might be better suited as a faction bonus vs a players building.

But I am sure that everyone who wants more WD points will love the idea, but not think of the repercussions of rivals having the same building.

Tito89
10-10-2013, 08:57 AM
So say if then it was like the faction defence walls, only doubling the factions point gain? But then there would need a new currency to buy them like concrete for defence, oh I know, valour! ;) ;)

Biensoi
10-10-2013, 09:04 AM
Nice thought, never hapens, doesn't benefit Gree.

Tito89
10-10-2013, 09:05 AM

Oh, gree could benefit alright, if they think a bit...cough cough valour purchases.

Web323
10-10-2013, 09:13 AM
The only flaw would be players in the top 10 would spend less on gold and Gree won't allow that. Granted most of them have great regen times

Evil Mastermind
10-10-2013, 09:21 AM

It could benefit GREE, charge gold to buy the building. GREE gets gold and then does their normal programming (like the infirmary) so boost doesn't really work. Double win for GREE.

SGT Rud
10-10-2013, 09:28 AM
The only flaw would be players in the top 10 would spend less on gold and Gree won't allow that. Granted most of them have great regen times

I highly doubt it would decrease spending in top 10. As the WD points would be driving up, teams would need more points to keep up. It would either be drop to a lower rank or purchase more gold. The issue here is the difference between big gold spenders and low gold/free players would be shot out. The gap between them would increase dramatically causing a decrease in gold purchase amoungst the players who only buy maybe $20-$50 gold per WD. The make up differance would be the valor purchase that Tito mentioned, however, it still wouldnt cover the cost decrease from losing on the light gold players.

It could benefit GREE, charge gold to buy the building. GREE gets gold and then does their normal programming (like the infirmary) so boost doesn't really work. Double win for GREE.
Using gold for a building purchase is much better than trying to use valor. But the only thing I have to say on this is that the infirmary does work. First, it isnt as useful anymore as the units in most armys of players from level 130+ are indestructable. Second is the rate at which units can die is less than one, so the multiplicative % decrease subtracted for a fraction isnt that big of a noticable difference. The only notice you might see is when you have tons of them (infirmary maxed, faction maxed, and other boost units). But by the time you get all those, your army is probably indestructable.

-------- In all actuallity, this plan would probably break even if the building was a gold purchase.

Stooboot
10-10-2013, 10:08 AM
This would never work, u couldn't make it a building that was able to be robbed and that would effect your ip its just to complicated. The only thing they could do is what CC does and make it a faction bonus but I wouldnt count on it any thing that will make gree less money at this point will never happen this game is slowly dying