PDA

View Full Version : New Gold Bonus program for MW?

senex morosus
10-09-2013, 01:00 PM
I dont usually create threads but this is a must. Lately, some Crime City players have showed screens of GREE's new bonus program which is very disturbing and enough reason for anyone to re-think continuing playing Crime City but if the same is implemented here in Modern War, GREE, you will lose A LOT of customers. Now I know that I am not allowed to post GREE support emails in here so I will 'discuss' it and if people are curious, I highly suggest you get in touch with a CC player and see what exactly is going on. The gold bonus program has been perfect for everyone depending on tiers for a long time. Way back when Kristin was in charge and her team, the only changes that GREE made was made it an automated system rather than spamming support begging for bonus gold.

GREE, if you implement the same changes in Modern War, do you really expect people to pay $3k and receive less gold then they do for $2k now? I would love to post the details but I know the rules. The only logical reasoning behind this that I can think of is GREE is shutting down because there is no way a smart marketing team would even think of adding these changes to a successful game (CC). There are currently many players in CC who will not get the bonus they aimed for because as of October 2013, GREE changed the program without letting anyone know in advance. I dont blame those who have mentioned they'd quit, I would do the same thing if this is the new gold bonus program in the game now.

GREE please re-think your decisions about what you may do to MW if the same program is implemented here as well. I am expecting to be trolled by free players but this thread is not for you to be concerned about. There are people here who are paying customers and they could possibly be ripped off by GREE by November 2013 if this is management's plans for the new gold bonus program.

New gold bonus tiers:
$500 = 2,500
$1,000 = 5,000 + crate level equivalent exclusive item
$2,000 = 20,000 + crate level equivalent exclusive item
$3,000 = 45,000 + crate level equivalent exclusive item
$5,000 = 125,000 + crate level equivalent exclusive item
$10,000 = 250,000 + event level equivalent exclusive item

^ this info has also been posted here
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?70681-Changes-to-the-Gold-Bonus-Program
So technically I havent copied and pasted your email from Support.

This is great news to a lot of people but I dont see how anyone who used to pay so much for a gold bonus to settle for much less. I doubt this crate level unit is worth the missing 10k gold for the $1k tier.

Robespierre
10-09-2013, 01:14 PM
http://mythfolklore.net/aesopica/images_locspanish/0137r1.jpg

Mr Sunshine
10-09-2013, 01:16 PM
That is a big deal, and I would most certainly back off on my gold purchasing if that we're implemented here.

nkeywithdnb
10-09-2013, 01:38 PM
I would most certainly slow down on my gold spending if this is the case.

SPWD
10-09-2013, 01:59 PM
As if it's good value now lol,when everyone is asking for cheaper gold they are going to possibly do this,Christ are they really that stupid!

Gringo
10-09-2013, 04:08 PM
Hope they go tits up! Couldnt happen to a nicer company!
That must be why customer service is bad, they all took the payout.

Spazer
10-09-2013, 09:54 PM
WOW!!! GREE please don't rip us off! You are making things only worse by reducing the amount of gold in the gold programme. Screw supply and demand!!! Just follow what your customers say!!

Serious F
10-09-2013, 11:35 PM
Hmm.... I guess you pirates stand for what you are saying.
There won't be a better way to show them they did wrong. They have been greedy before but now the final milking process has begun. More and more players are burnt out and slow down or even stop playing. They must see the decrease from certain players (well at least I hope they check from time to time).

The recent events were made to compensate the decreased spending on WD events and to spread the gold use on more and more players.
I guess every new player who checks the forum will see and understand the situation.

Because of the massively changed player experience the cut down of spending will continue and the only ones capable of changing are NOT listening to the paying customer. This will take revenge. We may follow the stock market and see some dropping rates.

The amount of time needed to play this game to stay competitive is hilarious. Sure no one is forced to do all the events. Those willing to buy their time back now get a slap in their face...

You, my dear players, decide to continue or to STOP this NOW

DFI
10-10-2013, 12:18 AM
Since the program can be changed at any time, is it fair to ask the mods to confirm what the program is as of today? I also feel it is quite unfortunate reading the tone of the post by the mods, making us feel fortunate to even have a bonus program so we should just shut up. Perhaps the mod was in a bad mood today, but it made me feel that I should possibly go gold free after my gold runs out.

Serious F
10-10-2013, 01:59 AM
Since the program can be changed at any time, is it fair to ask the mods to confirm what the program is as of today? I also feel it is quite unfortunate reading the tone of the post by the mods, making us feel fortunate to even have a bonus program so we should just shut up. Perhaps the mod was in a bad mood today, but it made me feel that I should possibly go gold free after my gold runs out.

Check the CC forum...
The mods are quick in using their ban hammers. Easy to use. Easy to demonstrate might and power...and that seems like the paying customer is an annoying thing that has to be kept quiet.

I am done with it...I enjoy chatting with my faction more than spending my money on this virtual constant beta version.

mickymacirl
10-10-2013, 02:27 AM
It's amazing really, everyone complains about the game (me included, but just generally not in public) yet everyone still spends money. Gree are clearly doing something right!

TheSource
10-10-2013, 05:10 AM
I decided to quite and walk away from this game.
It is clearly that Gree is milking this game and they already launched a new game for new victims. It will be a continues cycle. Clearly Gree is cutting cost and maximizing profits, and why shouldn't they be, they run a business. We (you... ) all are addicted and the more you spend, the higher your stats are, the higher your IPH is, the stronger your faction is, the more difficult it is to walk away... but I did it.

The development of this game is moved to Asia and this is clearly noticabe. I know because I work already 11 years for a Taiwan company and do a lot of business with Asian businesses, so I know how they think, how they act and how they think to get away with it.

- Don't spend time on support this is a cost factor. Only support those fast who generate new revenue.
- Spelling mistakes & localization mistakes (typical).
- No DQA procedure to ensure quality, always field test by real end-users. '
- They don't have a clue to split up brands and will mix them up, like we see faction and guild uses mixed up :)
- Maintain prize levels (no inflation) but increase spending (lower down WD points scored). How many 400+ pointers did you get in recent wars compared to earlier wars?
- No clear future strategy, you see this because sometimes the top unit is 100k, sometimes only 12k. You would expect a slow increase each month... 12k 14k, 16k, 20k, etc to keep motivated on spending.
- Maximize profits, if you can have a life event each day instead of 1 weekend per 3 weeks, why not.. total spending will go up. And everybody is happy because they thank you that they wars moved to 1x per month instead of 3 weeks.

To be honest I enjoy watching the developments to see how Gree will fail.

Paiens
10-10-2013, 05:30 AM
Glad I got into the last gold I will ever buy last month. Ride it til its gone...then, its gold free for me.

senex morosus
10-10-2013, 11:30 AM
It's amazing really, everyone complains about the game (me included, but just generally not in public) yet everyone still spends money. Gree are clearly doing something right!

Well this thread was created to discuss whether or not these changes will be implemented in MW. If so, then GREE should re-consider it IMO. I would hate to aim for a $2k tier and then get less gold next month because GREE decided to change the program while I was unaware of the changes. Not saying this is the case but it does not make that this would be made to CC players only and no one else and from the tone of the Admins on the CC forums, like DFI said, it really gives you the feeling of 'we could of taken it out so stop complaining' and if so, then a lot deserve to know what's in store next so no one gets ripped off in the end.

Kefa
10-10-2013, 11:42 AM
How does it currently work?

If you spend that much in a month they drop extra in your account at the end of the month?

Or is it like the normal tiers where spending $99.99 gets you a 500-gold bonus instantly?

Edit...
So, if you spend $2,000 in vault increments in a month, you get the 30,000 normal gold with the normal 50% "bonus" per vault, PLUS another 20,000 and a crate-level item?

jjm521
10-10-2013, 11:53 AM
TheSource, i did the same thing last week. Now im not a huge spender, 200-300/month max, but i know a lot of others in my spending range who are quitting, maybe after next war. Got tired of being ****ed around. The only hard thing was letting my faction down but many of them are feeling the same way so they probably wont be around much longer either. There are definitely more enjoyable ways to spend that money, as small as it may be.

crazeejay
10-10-2013, 01:14 PM
I don't plan on buying anymore anyways so I could care less

nkeywithdnb
10-10-2013, 06:33 PM
Just hope this doesn't apply to MW

Serious F
10-11-2013, 12:01 AM
Well...I would like to see them implement it. They should even get rid of the bonus program. Just to protect the players :)
Gree, they are struggling... More than ever. Imagine you would buy gold to reach the bonus tiers and then...dang...Gree bankrupt...shut down servers.
And on some server hard drive lies your gold and your little soldier with the virtual army made of pixels.

Awww...you would have to ask apple for a refund. And because apple is waiting for so many unpayed bills by bankrupt gree (because of the numerous previous refunds) they won't give you the refund.

You don't want to risk it.

Gree save the players: erase the bonus program

Being bashed in...

honest Abe
10-11-2013, 06:46 AM
If gree changes the program as per above, I will reconsider my spending habits (and yes, I am a significant spender). If they do it without notice (gree, just so you understand how that works it means an entire cycle ahead!), I will call iTunes and they will be more than happy to compensate. That is not a threat, just a fact.

negotiator
10-11-2013, 08:25 AM

Hey Micky,

Not everyone, way back when they automated the gold bonus they cheated me out of the bonus and after several months I gave up fighting them. I did however stop my monthly purchase of gold. I thought then Gree would be out of business in a 6 months but they are still plugging along, for now.

Good luck

jrb22250
10-11-2013, 09:57 AM
Who the hell can afford to spend $500 a month on a friggin game.....$10,000 buy a friggin car dude and get a life then.

dispohero
10-11-2013, 10:31 AM
yes, existing customers in some tiers will hate the changes, but existing customers in other tiers won't care... AND NEITHER WILL NEW CUSTOMERS.

it says to me they have too many customers that spend a couple thousand this month and then ride on that gold for 2-3 months before spending again. its hard to run a publically owned business with that kind of income stream. they would much prefer to have someone spend half the money, twice as often, and they are willing to put up with complaints in the forums for a little while by a few (relative) vocal people for what they expect to be a huge benefit in the long run.

mark my words, this will hit MW, and KA, too.

Mcdoc
10-11-2013, 11:58 AM
You're looking at this the wrong way - they took a little bit of gold - but they added a big stat unit - which is probably what you would have spent the gold on anyway - tap tap tap tap tap - to win a crate level unit - so they basically just saved you a bunch of tap tap tap time and just gave you the unit :)

lemonhaze
10-11-2013, 03:25 PM
How does it currently work?

If you spend that much in a month they drop extra in your account at the end of the month?

Or is it like the normal tiers where spending $99.99 gets you a 500-gold bonus instantly?

Edit...
So, if you spend $2,000 in vault increments in a month, you get the 30,000 normal gold with the normal 50% "bonus" per vault, PLUS another 20,000 and a crate-level item? if u spend 500$ in 1 month (calander) u get 2500 gold deposited into ur act..i have never reached the the other tiers so i cant telll u how it works but i would assume it works the same..some ppl in my faction get the 1000$ gold bonus and get 15000 gold dropped into thier act adn the ones that spend 2000$ a month get 50000 in thiers..

lemonhaze
10-11-2013, 03:29 PM
Well...I would like to see them implement it. They should even get rid of the bonus program. Just to protect the players :)
Gree, they are struggling... More than ever. Imagine you would buy gold to reach the bonus tiers and then...dang...Gree bankrupt...shut down servers.
And on some server hard drive lies your gold and your little soldier with the virtual army made of pixels.

Awww...you would have to ask apple for a refund. And because apple is waiting for so many unpayed bills by bankrupt gree (because of the numerous previous refunds) they won't give you the refund.

Being bashed in...
1... yep never gave me a refund bc they said the servies was given to me and if i didnt like the serives they offered then i should have not spent it..and on top that my game was banned from gree for trying to dispute a charge..if they do everthing they say in the gold bonus program and then not deliever thats the only way u getting a refund and u can say goodbye to ur MW act bc it willl be banned..i dont see the need to keep spending all that money anymore..and beleive me i have spent my fair share of it bc im on a top 10 team

Mastert55!
10-11-2013, 04:06 PM
New gold bonus tiers:
$500 = 2,500
$1,000 = 5,000 + crate level equivalent exclusive item
$2,000 = 20,000 + crate level equivalent exclusive item
$3,000 = 45,000 + crate level equivalent exclusive item
$5,000 = 125,000 + crate level equivalent exclusive item
$10,000 = 250,000 + event level equivalent exclusive item

My god....THATS AMAZING!!! I would totally spend $10,000 on an iPhone game (or other device). I better get ready to sell my house, my car and an arm and a leg for those sweet savings on gold!!!

But seriously, who would spend 10 grand on this game? I know people have and probably much more but why? I mean, check me into a mental hospital if I have spent $10,000 on a make believe game!

Also, right now if I go on MW app and click on buy gold now, it offered for $99.99 1500 gold, why the hell would I ever spend an extra $400 for another 1000 gold. Or are they planning to change it without telling us, having the price of gold sky rocket? If thats happening I hope they change the cost of an energy refil, I don't want to be screwed out of my light gold spending capabilities!

honest Abe
10-11-2013, 04:31 PM
Lets not start the who would spend x crap, we all have our budgets, some are different to others. I could flush 10k in a night at the craps table but get much more entertainment out of it here.

nkeywithdnb
10-11-2013, 04:32 PM
Clearly you do not participate in the bonus program. I agree it would suck if GREE shuts down game but that is the risk you take spending money on a fabricated life. Personally I enjoy the bonus program and if they make the same changes to Modern War that they did to Crime City, my spending would be cut in half. Gree has more of a chance in going bankrupt taking away the gold bonus program.

Being bashed in...

hood1976
10-11-2013, 10:12 PM
Question?
Are you automatically enrolled in the program when you make a purchase or do you have to enroll??

spcmorris
10-11-2013, 10:35 PM
Question?
Are you automatically enrolled in the program when you make a purchase or do you have to enroll??

You have to enroll before you're eligible. I learned this the hard way after spending $577 in September and NOT receiving any benefits from the program because I didn't "inquire" or "sign up" within the month.

As soon as you sign up at: http://greegam.es/BonusProgram, GREE Interntional Inc. will send a followup e-mail confirming your enrollment.

Mastert55!
10-12-2013, 01:34 AM
Question?

I think you have to contact GREE to enroll, they then charge you X amount monthly and at the end of the month you get the bonus gold, at least last year it was.

DFI
10-12-2013, 02:31 AM
You're looking at this the wrong way - they took a little bit of gold - but they added a big stat unit - which is probably what you would have spent the gold on anyway - tap tap tap tap tap - to win a crate level unit - so they basically just saved you a bunch of tap tap tap time and just gave you the unit :)

Depends on the event and your level. For example, those who did the 100 boss event didn't have to spend anywhere close to the loss of gold contemplated if you were under level 150. I'd say that depending on your level, you might be able to get 3-4 of the crate items instead of one, so it's no where close to being a wash.