PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of selling Shiners and No Interest... Should I?

FlyMeMoon
10-09-2013, 02:13 AM
I find that the Shiner and No Interest buildings are a pain in that I can manage 3/4 straight collections and then it gets robbed. They get robbed as Im not going to disrupt my beauty sleep. I only bought 1 of each and they are both level 4.

Has anyone sold them and found their lives have dramatically improved? Should I keep them? I'd be interested to hear your thoughts for and against selling them.

Bala82
10-09-2013, 02:21 AM
Well i rather they rob this instead of my nightclub

My2cents
10-09-2013, 02:24 AM
Unless you need the room for a much better building and assuming all of your other current buildings are worse then why get rid of something that gives you cash? Do you just hate to see the red on your news feed?

M.C.
10-09-2013, 02:33 AM
I would do the following, check what the iph of your most wanted building is and how easy you can collect it (for example, how many times can you collect your NC's without getting robbed). then check the iph of your LTB and do the math.
you may have the same iph of a robbed LTB compared to a regular building. Even if you have invested the same amount of money to get to a comparable iph all LTB upgrade fast and thus have a higher impact for your iph development.

BigMoney
10-09-2013, 02:42 AM
I would do the following, check what the iph of your most wanted building is and how easy you can collect it (for example, how many times can you collect your NC's without getting robbed). then check the iph of your LTB and do the math.
you may have the same iph of a robbed LTB compared to a regular building. Even if you have invested the same amount of money to get to a comparable iph all LTB upgrade fast and thus have a higher impact for your iph development.

The No Interest Building was designed so that when robbed, it pays out the same as an unrobbed Transtech. You could ignore the 20 hour cycle, collect the NIS bank as if it were a 24 hour building each day, and it'd be just another Transtech building (but better, since there's a chance it doesn't get robbed in those 4 hours). How many people would advocate selling a Transtech?

It is stupid to sell any LTB because you're afraid of being robbed. The only LTB that makes sense to sell is the Circus Tent, and that's if you're short on space.

sister morphine
10-09-2013, 02:46 AM
It is stupid to sell any building because you're afraid of being robbed.
Corrected for accuracy :p

The Real Bosses
10-09-2013, 03:23 AM
If im going to sell my building because they get rob... I wouldn't had no buildings...

FlyMeMoon
10-09-2013, 03:28 AM
I don't hate seeing red as I understand its part of the game. Its just the hassle of having to wait till the optimum time for me to collect it after its been robbed so I can go through the same cycle again and again.

Space isnt an issue for me. The thing is, I don't see me upgrading these buildings as there are other priorities so over time these buildings will lose their importance.

After the new bloody barbershop comes up I will need to get another timers app so I can have alarms going off left right and centre!! :)

Muj
10-09-2013, 03:51 AM
Well even if you're not upgrading it, it's still a great building.. + once you're rich enough to upgrade these bldgs, you'll be earning big from them..

sister morphine
10-09-2013, 04:55 AM
I don't hate seeing red as I understand its part of the game. Its just the hassle of having to wait till the optimum time for me to collect it after its been robbed so I can go through the same cycle again and again.

Space isnt an issue for me. The thing is, I don't see me upgrading these buildings as there are other priorities so over time these buildings will lose their importance.

After the new bloody barbershop comes up I will need to get another timers app so I can have alarms going off left right and centre!! :)
Timers Schmimers! I do like BM says and treat the No Interest as a 24 hour building. It's always ready in the middle of the night, so I'm not staying up or waking myself up for it. Any building with shorter annoying collection times gets treated as 6 hour or 12 hour these days. Been weeks since I saw any red. :)

FlyMeMoon
10-09-2013, 05:09 AM
Thanks for all the advice and I will hold on to them for the foreseeable future.

montecore
10-09-2013, 05:10 AM
if it isnt a 24 or 48 hour ltb, i sell it once done upgrading and buy a level one. rob away.

Idiosyncrasy
10-09-2013, 06:55 AM
I set timers so I can collect my Laundromats on time.

Not really. I don't set any timers. My time available to check the game always varies, so I just login whenever I can. Sometimes I'm robbed, sometimes I'm not, but it is too stressful to try to always have perfect collections.

I think they are working towards a varied building cycle so that it requires hourly checkins in order to collect everything perfectly. I love LTB's and I think they pay out so much more than the majority of the standard buildings, so I would just leave them until you are short on space for better LTB's.

Molly's Voice
10-09-2013, 07:07 AM
I think they are working towards a varied building cycle so that it requires hourly checkins in order to collect everything perfectly. I love LTB's and I think they pay out so much more than the majority of the standard buildings, so I would just leave them until you are short on space for better LTB's.

Agreed. An hourly player is an invested player.

blank201
10-09-2013, 09:49 AM
NIS isn't too bad.
Once it gets robbed I don't pick it up until the last minute before I go to sleep. Then it falls into the day shift for a couple of days.
Once it reaches the morning I treat it like a 24h building and collect it first time in the morning until it gets robbed, then I start from the top.

dispohero
10-09-2013, 10:02 AM
NIS... Once it gets robbed I don't pick it up until the last minute before I go to sleep. Then it falls into the day shift for a couple of days.
Once it reaches the morning I treat it like a 24h building and collect it first time in the morning until it gets robbed, then I start from the top.
+1

characters

Mack The Knife
10-09-2013, 10:12 AM
if it isnt a 24 or 48 hour ltb, i sell it once done upgrading and buy a level one. rob away.

This seems like a strange thing to do assuming you'd want to recoup your initial investment as well as upgrade costs as quickly as possible. Wouldn't the robbed upgraded version of a Gem store be better than the un-robbed level one version?

Hodgy83
10-09-2013, 10:17 AM
Agree with whats been posted. Keep the NIS and collect the robbed buildings when you want to restart the time cycle. Im a relatively new player and didn't have the funds to buy NIS and regret it. Who cares if you get robbed. Go on a robbing spree before bed each night and just earn it back and then some.

zboroju
10-09-2013, 11:25 AM
I think an additional consideration would be whether it was worth selling an LTB and reinvesting it in a different building to yield a better return. The short answer is that it's highly unlikely this would be effective.

Take for example, without the use of modifiers but utilizing Tycoon status, you have a level 8 No Interest Savings building, which cost you roughly $7 billion and yields $20.4 million every 20 hours or $1 million/hour.

Additionally, you have a level 7 night club, and you're wondering if it would make sense to sell the NIS for $3.5 billion to invest in the NC. The level 8 & 9 NC upgrades would run you about $3.8 billion or roughly the $3.5 billion from the sale of the NSI. The NC upgrades would however only increase your income $700k/hr vs. the existing $1 million/hr.

I would imagine the higher your LTB's are leveled up, the more likely you'd be able to make the above scenario of selling an LTB work, but the odds are that if you're able to level up to 10 on the LTB's, you're probably already maxed out on any other building options anyways.

AppleMacGuy
10-09-2013, 11:35 AM

Only an ignoramous would do that for a high income building - congratulations you win the award...again.

pervbear
10-09-2013, 11:38 AM
Don't joke about laundromat collection.

Xessy
10-09-2013, 08:44 PM
Question is, why even considering to sell???
The cost of building the LTB is already a sunk cost.
By keeping all your high IPH building (ie. LTB minus stupid tent) intact, your future income will only grow.
If you decide to sell a building to finance another, you are actually looking at the matter short termed.
Wouldnt it be better to just wait and collect the cash, and then reinvesting it into the building you wanted to level up.
I mean, CC is not a time controlled game. whats the harm of waiting 3 additional day for the cash to be enough, when you had already spent countless day upgrading the LTB.
It makes no sense.

reticlover
10-10-2013, 05:39 AM
i set alarms on my phone to collect all my 12/24/20/26/18/6/8 hour buildings so that i dont get robbed, i usually only get robbed when i try to log in and the servers are down, or i wake up to my alarm and start the game and fall back asleep while loading.

Max Power
10-10-2013, 05:44 AM
Income doesn't matter. In light of that, every strategy is viable.

Vito6593
10-10-2013, 01:25 PM
It is stupid to sell any LTB because you're afraid of being robbed. The only LTB that makes sense to sell is the Circus Tent, and that's if you're short on space.

Agree 100%

Vito6593
10-10-2013, 01:29 PM
i set alarms on my phone to collect all my 12/24/20/26/18/6/8 hour buildings so that i dont get robbed, i usually only get robbed when i try to log in and the servers are down, or i wake up to my alarm and start the game and fall back asleep while loading.

I am actually laughing out load reading this.

Please tell me you are joking?!?

If not you really need to get more interests mate :(

Yancool
10-10-2013, 02:25 PM
Why would you sell them, there's plenty of other buildings that produce far less then these, even though you might get robbed.

iteachem
10-10-2013, 06:54 PM

I actually agree with him on this point. The player formerly known as Big Money robs my weird hour LTB buildings almost daily. If I sell them I get some money back but if i keep them i have a continue to have income even though my iph is somewhat falsified.

That and I get a link to Big Money almost daily.

And question for big money.. Why did you bother selling all your LTBs? You still play and are upgrading the LTBs in play so at some point you will need the income when your money you made from selling your buildings runs out