PDA

View Full Version : Battle Strategy -IP Minimum Requirements

sabatoa
10-08-2013, 12:14 PM
Hey guys-

So we use the standard tactic of low level players hitting wall and the DL, then the stronger players scout and target specific players. We don't currently have an IP expectation of the group but I'm debating whether or not we should institute an IP minimum in the next battle.

To the Syndicates that do require X number of IP, how do you reconcile that with the strategy on who gets the wall and DL, etc. Do the players assigned to that role get immunity from the IP expectation? Do you even have assigned kamikaze players for those roles?

mxz
10-08-2013, 12:32 PM
Top 1: 2,000 wins (I think, might have been relaxed back down to 1,000)
Top 2: 500K IP (plus surge)
Top 3: Unknown, since they're breaking up. RIP MT
Top 10: 250K (plus surge)
Top 25: 100-150K
Top 50: 50K
Top 100: 25K
Above: none

Edit: just talking about estimates of minimums that are enforced, not averages. A lot of teams have special temporary exceptions for people traveling, on vacation, or long time members.

sabatoa
10-08-2013, 12:41 PM
To your knowledge do these Syns rotate who hits the wall then so that it's not just one person missing out on points or whatever?

Nick010
10-08-2013, 12:43 PM
All depends on how you wanna play it. You can also choose to let everybody hit the wall once. All depends on the strategy you want to play.

mxz
10-08-2013, 12:53 PM
To your knowledge do these Syns rotate who hits the wall then so that it's not just one person missing out on points or whatever?In the Top 25 there's usually a handful of people who seem to take the wall on their own.

In the lower brackets everyone except scouts take 1-2 hits. Obviously if there are camper or dedicated wall hitter accounts they'd unload before everyone else.

pervbear
10-08-2013, 12:54 PM
Why my leaving.

BigMoney
10-08-2013, 01:01 PM
"I scored low IP because I was hitting the wall" is usually code for "I didn't do anything."

Having very low level players hit the wall is probably not the best strategy, since players with better attack stats can do more wall damage, up to a certain point-- somewhere around 400k-500k attack is needed to do maximum wall damage. Someone with 10 million attack cannot take down a wall any faster than someone 1 million attack (well, the 11mil atk player likely has better hideout damage modifiers from being in FC or other top syndicates, but that's neither here nor there). So aside from hideout damage modifiers (I've pretty much never paid attention to when and where these modifiers were awarded, but logically someone from a better syndicate is likely to have a better modifier), once you get past 500k attack or so, the attack stat is irrelevant.

Thus, having low level players hit the wall is not the best strategy. The best strategy in my opinion is to have the players with the least amount of scoring potential in a given match take down the wall. If you're a level 250 on a team of campers, and you match another syndicate of low-level campers, then the L250 should take down the wall (because he will get few points for hitting low level players, his attacks are better used on taking down the wall, so that his teammates can use their finite number of attacks earning larger points from killing higher level players), etc. Another possible scenario might be the L250 has a huge attack stat, and you match a very strong team (e.g. a Top 10 matching FC/SAS). In this scenario, the most efficient use of gold would be for the players who are too weak to win a fight against an FC/SAS member to use two free hits on the wall, and let the players with large attacks use their hits to kill the weakest FC/SAS member. Even when you're attacking a weak player, you will get more points for a win (on average) over a level 1 player than you would from a wall hit.

The player with the least amount of scoring potential could vary from match to match, but it will typically be a higher level player with a weaker attack.

To more directly address your question, that's up to the leader of the syndicate. The leader of the syndicate can delegate a "wall hitter" (or wall hitters, if you're a free syndicate) each match, and then excuse that player from IP minimums, because he is contributing in another meaningful way. In general, though, people claim to hit the wall when thy aren't, so I'd be wary of that. If you don't trust your players, perhaps you have a chat app and can require players who hit the wall to take a screenshot to post each time they hit the wall (with their health bar visible).

Stone1
10-08-2013, 01:07 PM
I hit the dl every battle I was in and still score over 20k ip with no gold. No excuses for not meeting minimums

Muj
10-08-2013, 02:07 PM
I hit the dl every battle I was in and still score over 20k ip with no gold. No excuses for not meeting minimums
You got most of your points from unsuccessful rival hits then? or you killed dls with 1 attack?

Deelitefullyme
10-08-2013, 02:20 PM
Strong players must get a min of 20k. Low level or 2nd account players have to hit hideout once then scout

custos
10-08-2013, 06:48 PM
If you don't trust your players, perhaps you have a chat app and can require players who hit the wall to take a screenshot to post each time they hit the wall (with their health bar visible).

If you don't trust your players maybe you have bigger problems in your syndicate. ;-)

GucciMane
10-08-2013, 10:00 PM
Most "minimum IP" requirements become a "plus 10-50K ip" if you are in very competitive tiers.

MF~
10-08-2013, 11:29 PM
Hey guys-

So we use the standard tactic of low level players hitting wall and the DL, then the stronger players scout and target specific players. We don't currently have an IP expectation of the group but I'm debating whether or not we should institute an IP minimum in the next battle.

To the Syndicates that do require X number of IP, how do you reconcile that with the strategy on who gets the wall and DL, etc. Do the players assigned to that role get immunity from the IP expectation? Do you even have assigned kamikaze players for those roles?

Look at the winner's list.
Figure out the position you're trying to reach.
Take that score, and divide it by the number of people in your syn.
That's the number you'd want for your minimum.

Makes sense yeah?