PDA

View Full Version : What group app does your Syn usess?

Elzo
10-08-2013, 10:12 AM
Hi all,

I was wondering which group chat app's people are using in their syndicates.
And, even important, why exactly that one?

I am mostly interested in the pro's and con's.

Thanks!

TMI
10-08-2013, 10:20 AM
groupme

btw, you should delete this thread and make another one that has a poll :D

Elzo
10-08-2013, 10:23 AM
groupme

btw, you should delete this thread and make another one that has a poll :D

Haha thanks, but i'm verry interested in why people have chosen exactly the app they are using :)

GucciMane
10-08-2013, 10:28 AM
in this thread to watch all the Palringo users.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/popcorn_yes.gif

remember kids: don't accidentally click on a dating ad. You stay classy, Palringo.

Akrisaen
10-08-2013, 10:32 AM
I actually quite liked Palringo and never clicked on a dating ad because I'm not a ****ing spastic.

New synd uses GroupMe though, and it's alright too

GucciMane
10-08-2013, 10:34 AM
I actually quite liked Palringo and never clicked on a dating ad because I'm not a ****ing spastic.

New synd uses GroupMe though, and it's alright too

you seem quite upset. its not as much "spastic" as it is "dating ad is literally 2 millimeters from the send text button"

totally caught the past tense on liked, im guessing your leader actually tried something different for a change xD

Akrisaen
10-08-2013, 10:43 AM
Well, I use Palringo on the PC anyway so no adverts for me ;)

And I changed team because I wanted to move from a top 150 to a top 25 team and did so successfully.

pervbear
10-08-2013, 11:20 AM
Is that why you are banned?

sabatoa
10-08-2013, 11:22 AM
Maybe he's banned for the LTB thread lol

Anyways, we use WeChat

pervbear
10-08-2013, 11:23 AM
The Wii has a chat app?

furq
10-08-2013, 11:24 AM
Glassboard, tried palringo and kik , glassboard is the best ,no limit on members ,can start groups within the chat room , so can have one for everyone and then one for the officers , it sends you a email every time a message is posted, if you don't want loads of emails start up a free email,address just for glass board

Butt Futter
10-08-2013, 11:41 AM
I've used Palringo, kakaotalk, and groupme. Palringo and Groupme we trash and I won't ever install them again. Kakaotalk is much better but has it's faults (mainly you don't have the ability to kick people from the chat).

pervbear
10-08-2013, 11:42 AM
Why did you find the others trash.

Gingeasian
10-08-2013, 11:45 AM
In order best to worst.
Groupme, Kakao, Line, tin can and string, messenger hawk, palringo

pervbear
10-08-2013, 11:46 AM
Butt futter will kill you for saying groupme is best.

ChiefChongabong
10-08-2013, 12:02 PM
Only have 3 total in my syn and there friends haha so i just drop a txt out

reesebutton
10-08-2013, 07:18 PM
Maybe he's banned for the LTB threadt

Obviously he's banned for liking palringo and fibbing about not being spastic.

sabatoa
10-08-2013, 07:28 PM
Obviously he's banned for liking palringo and fibbing about not being spastic.

After posting in this thread I got an email from palringo saying "thanks for creating your account"

...what manner of treachery is this.

KingOW
10-08-2013, 08:26 PM
Our synd did try both GroupMe and LINE, and we liked LINE best of them, so naturally that's what we now use.

They are pretty similar imo, but I like the function to be able to create notes in LINE, it's almost like a pinned topic in a forum. We have notes with a list of everyone's mafia code, one with battle plan, one with all members attack/lvl so we easy can do tactics, guides for stuff like boss events etc, you get the picture. Maybe GroupMe has a similar function but I did not find it.

candyson
10-08-2013, 08:32 PM
I like palringo, easy to use.
I've tried groupme, but the picture message system is really bad on android.

pervbear
10-08-2013, 09:37 PM
After posting in this thread I got an email from palringo saying "thanks for creating your account"

...what manner of treachery is this.

Sorry about that figures you would like to give it a try.

GucciMane
10-08-2013, 09:57 PM
In order best to worst.
Groupme, Kakao, Line, tin can and string, messenger hawk, palringo

about right. the top 3 can be mixed by preference, I personally find Line best, Kakao you can't kick players or those people who think its actually worth it to "spy" on a syn.

reesebutton
10-08-2013, 10:07 PM
They are pretty similar imo, but I like the function to be able to create notes in LINE, it's almost like a pinned topic in a forum. We have notes with a list of everyone's mafia code, one with battle plan, one with all members attack/lvl so we easy can do tactics, guides for stuff like boss events etc, you get the picture. Maybe GroupMe has a similar function but I did not find it.

Nope, Groupme doesn't have it. But they did improve the web interface recently.

Your syn sounds pretty well organised for #945. Kudos to your officers.

sister morphine
10-08-2013, 10:35 PM
Nope, Groupme doesn't have it. But they did improve the web interface recently.
True, but it's simple enough to just create other rooms for that purpose. Just so long as people are aware not to "chat" there 😉

Rebels
10-08-2013, 11:28 PM
Kakao but looking at groupme as an option

wenzdae
10-09-2013, 01:31 AM
Used both LINE and Groupme.
Groupme SUX!! Very busy chat making it hard to read, and the stickers are dumb. Afterall thats what u u want-cool stickers! The only thing I liked was the fact u could 'like' a comment.

LINE is excellent. Easy to read chat, fun stickers and u can see how many ppl have read ur message therefore aware of lurkers.

LINE by a massive margin

M.C.
10-09-2013, 01:38 AM
we are using Kakao. the only negative aspect is that you cannot boot people. But it is much better to set up new rooms every now and then, than using other apps. Kakao has a PC version that runs smoothly and the emoticons are cool.
groupme is fine as well but for a noob much more difficult to handle I think
Palringo was the fastest uninstall ever on my mobile

sister morphine
10-09-2013, 02:38 AM
we are using Kakao. the only negative aspect is that you cannot boot people. But it is much better to set up new rooms every now and then, than using other apps. Kakao has a PC version that runs smoothly and the emoticons are cool.
groupme is fine as well but for a noob much more difficult to handle I think
Palringo was the fastest uninstall ever on my mobile
There is another downside to Kakao related to the one you mention. A well known CC syndicate had its chat invaded and taken over by a second group, so you need to be careful who you add. No names from me.

sister morphine
10-09-2013, 02:42 AM
Used both LINE and Groupme.
Groupme SUX!! Very busy chat making it hard to read, and the stickers are dumb. Afterall thats what u u want-cool stickers! The only thing I liked was the fact u could 'like' a comment.

LINE is excellent. Easy to read chat, fun stickers and u can see how many ppl have read ur message therefore aware of lurkers.

LINE by a massive margin
Never used Line so no comment, but I don't recognise what you mean by groupme being "hard to read". The one thing I prefer about Kakao is that where you left a chat gets bookmarked, so no need to scroll back through large numbers of messages as with groupme.

As for how many people have read a message, who cares! ;)

KingOW
10-09-2013, 04:16 AM
Never used Line so no comment, but I don't recognise what you mean by groupme being "hard to read". The one thing I prefer about Kakao is that where you left a chat gets bookmarked, so no need to scroll back through large numbers of messages as with groupme. As for how many people have read a message, who cares! ;)I don't think GroupMe is hard to read, but I do think that Line is easier to read tho. Regarding the "bookmark" function Line has that as well so you save time and never miss a msg. I think you'd like it, maybe it's worth a try?

sister morphine
10-09-2013, 04:28 AM
I don't think GroupMe is hard to read, but I do think that Line is easier to read tho. Regarding the "bookmark" function Line has that as well so you save time and never miss a msg. I think you'd like it, maybe it's worth a try?
Thanks. Might be worth a look. :)

reticlover
10-09-2013, 06:51 AM
officers-groupme
everyone else-glassboard

Cass
10-09-2013, 08:26 AM
We use Groupme. Only complaint I have is that it lags real bad if you are in several groups all being chatty at the same time. Sometimes during battle I have to just leave some of the groups from modern war and vice versa. I briefly tried Kakao and it's okay but the interface is distracting to me and you can't like posts which isn't necessary but I like that feature. I have palringo but haven't really done much with it.

Elzo
10-09-2013, 09:04 AM
Our synd did try both GroupMe and LINE, and we liked LINE best of them, so naturally that's what we now use.

Thx! This sounds a lot like what we are looking for :)

Hodgy83
10-09-2013, 10:00 AM
Ive used Group ME and Kakao Talk. Like how Kakao bookmarks the chat when you left.

ILikeTheAbuse
10-09-2013, 03:41 PM
We use LINE. With kakao, you can't kick. With LINE, anyone can kick anyone. If you're careful about who you add, then either is good.

Groupme uses unverified SMS and will drop everything you say until you refresh your browser on a bad day (and who needs more Microsoft in their life, anyway?).
Parlingo is a visual PITA and an all around horrible program. I hope their offices catch on fire.

Shadypal
10-09-2013, 04:21 PM
I have used LINE, Groupme, Kik and Whatsapp. Out of all those I like LINE for group chat and KiK for individual messaging.

LINE has everything you need including bookmarking and you can remove/add members. They can only join via invite and they dont requie you to give out your phone number/email (dont like giving out my info) to talk to people. The only thing I can say I like about GroupMe is that it shows you who is typing which is the only feature that LINE doesnt have but thats only to see if anyone is around lol.

F1DESK
10-11-2013, 01:33 AM
Whatsapp is The best try it.

Brendan
10-11-2013, 01:45 AM
Hi all,

I was wondering which group chat app's people are using in their syndicates.
And, even important, why exactly that one?

I am mostly interested in the pro's and con's.

Thanks!

Try using spell checker.

SNEAKERJUNKY
10-11-2013, 11:40 AM
KAKAO - No problems so far

fr3d
10-18-2013, 02:16 PM
Is there a max number of users for groupme, kakao, or line?

soO_wavVvy
10-18-2013, 02:24 PM
kakao: no limit
groupme: i think its around 50 but you can contact them and tell them to expand

not sure about anything else

CCKallDAY
10-18-2013, 04:59 PM
I use Palringo, with a premium account so no ads :) it was free too btw

J4CK D4N13L N0 7
10-19-2013, 05:02 AM
kakoa and groupme are the best two in my opinion

groupme you can also get on online with a mac, which makes it especially useful during wars
kakoa you can only get online/desktop with pc

OneHoop
10-19-2013, 12:22 PM
I discarded Palringo for Groupme. I don't think there is even a comparison, GM is far superior. I tried Kakao talk, but did not consider it because your account is linked to your mobile number, so you can't have multiple devices on one account. Multiple mobile devices is awesome for posting/reviewing scouting data. You can get the messages as banners as well if you only have one mobile device, so that they push during war.

It sounds like I should try LINE and glasssomething.

M@

WatchingHowie
10-19-2013, 05:40 PM
Kakao Talk, seems to have the msot freedom, no ads, free (and costing) emoticons, multiple rooms and you have the announcement for the chats mod. Never mind the drop down notifications that allow easy reading during battle

MWWM J
10-19-2013, 05:58 PM
I use Line for my syndicate and Kakao Talk for KA

CCKallDAY
10-19-2013, 06:23 PM
I discarded Palringo for Groupme. I don't think there is even a comparison, GM is far superior. I tried Kakao talk, but did not consider it because your account is linked to your mobile number, so you can't have multiple devices on one account. Multiple mobile devices is awesome for posting/reviewing scouting data. You can get the messages as banners as well if you only have one mobile device, so that they push during war.

It sounds like I should try LINE and glasssomething.

M@Palringo is the best

Big-R
10-19-2013, 11:34 PM
Palringo is a terrible app.
Kakao is the best I've used, ease of use and a lot of cool little extras just on that app, although not being able to remove people from the group can be an issue.
Groupme is ok, a lot better than Pal and has the option to remove people, which is good, just seems to be lacking that little extra something kakao has.
Never used line.

k0de
10-20-2013, 01:29 AM
Tried out Line today because it seems about the same as groupme only without being completely rubbish (based on there being a desktop version available). This is a pretty accurate description of it, except for the part about "not being complete rubbish" because it is.

While trying to add contacts, I encountered a feature which could only be described as being beyond shi t. Beyond the pale, even. Hell, I'd go so far as to say that it was beyond Thunderdome.

Unless I'm missing something, can anyone explain to me the functionality of this-
http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz338/malicious_kode/Fail/file_zps7b75f247.jpg

real badman
10-20-2013, 02:03 AM
Whatsapp. :p not even a single problem there.

TZora
10-20-2013, 02:29 AM
kakaotalk!

white characters ..

ploop
10-20-2013, 08:24 AM
kakao is the best!!! easy to use, and makes a noise if someone posts something, so you don't have to check every 5 minutes

KingOW
10-20-2013, 11:23 AM
Tried out Line today because it seems about the same as groupme only without being completely rubbish (based on there being a desktop version available). This is a pretty accurate description of it, except for the part about "not being complete rubbish" because it is.While trying to add contacts, I encountered a feature which could only be described as being beyond shi t. Beyond the pale, even. Hell, I'd go so far as to say that it was beyond Thunderdome.Unless I'm missing something, can anyone explain to me the functionality of this-http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz338/malicious_kode/Fail/file_zps7b75f247.jpgIdk for sure, I'm pretty confident that's to protect against overload due to users wanna do massive amounts of searches in a short time. It's becomes a built in function similar to doing a DDoS. With many millions of users the they have to save as much unnecessary traffic they can. Maybe they have had problems with just this in the past and after then implemented this future. It's not optimal but have never been a problem for me or anyone I know, didn't even know about it.

blank201
10-21-2013, 01:50 AM
We're using MessageMe which is not the best tool IMO. It does serve it's purpose but it's not particularly enjoyable to use.
GroupMe is the best one in my opinion because you can also run it in a browser which helps adding useful walls of text in a more organized and effective manner.
It's also cool if you sit in front of your computer where you can run GroupMe in a browser and run the game on your device without the constant need to switch between apps.