PDA

View Full Version : My Plan to fix the Current Gree Problems

Killa Chunk
10-08-2013, 09:29 AM
I've been playing this game for nearly 2 years (Jan 2012).

There once was a time that this was a strategic and fun game. The way things have progressed recently, its turned into a money hungry plague. At one time, you could be somewhat competitive as a free player, if you utilized some aspects of strategy (I was recruited to a top 10 faction during Brazil as a free player). Determining which bldg to upgrade, which cash units to buy, what to build, XP evaluation, even pre-staging. Look at it now... what strategy is left? IPH is worthless. Cash units are worthless. Can't pre-stage. Half the people don't even bother building anything except LE's. Only thing left is the WD win streak... great. This game has turned us into mindless monkey's tapping 4,000 times to defeat one mission of an LTQ while gaining 3 levels in the process (assuming you can actually attack the mission with 200 other people on the map getting in the way). The game has simply turned into ... buy gold... tap... get your predetermined unit... repeat. If you don't, others will, and you'll get left in the dust. All the money/time you spent on this game previously will be for nothing.

Inflation of stats and devalued gold. Try this, leave your faction, and take one month off. See how good your stats are when you come back. People have doubled their stats in one month... from 1Mil to 2Mil. $100 buys 1500 gold, which takes you half way through one of the 6 LTQ's. There was a time that 1500 gold would last for months. If you choose to spend your money on this game, that is absolutely your prerogative... hell I spent $300. Just don't look back at your credit card statement for the last year and get upset for spending money on a game with no end, and no way to win. For the bigger spenders, my 5 day trip to Aruba with my wife cost $3k... think about what you go for your $3K... a couple sweet air units with 10% boost? awesome... hope you enjoy it while they're still rare units.... at this rate, they'll be common units from a boss event in 4 months. Get out while you still can.

Which brings me to my plan. Nuke you base, and quit. Believe me, you'll be glad you did.

Gree - I appreciate what you've done. You've been placing straws on the camels back since Brazil, but this recent endeavor to overcome a poor 3rd quarter was like dropping an anvil. I realize the employees who may read this are not the ones making the decision. I understand you're between a rock and a hard place. But to the ones who are making the decisions, 4 of my friends who have also been playing for a long time, have already nuked their base. After this upcoming war, I know of 4 more. So in an attempt to gain more money, your traveling the path of loosing your customers and revenue. This game will soon come to an end... and I'll be glad I'm not around when it does.

With that. I'm out. Peace

Troll Away

HayeZeus
10-08-2013, 09:37 AM
Now THATs what I'm talking about when I'm talking about America!

Dutchie
10-08-2013, 09:54 AM
Nice touch on the base decorations! The trickle is turning into a tide... Some serious head scratching going on at GREE HQ. Their design department is far removed from what is going on and the recent decisions that they have made are going from bad to worse.

HayeZeus
10-08-2013, 10:06 AM
I think most people here are still under the impression that GREE wants to fix these problems.

GREE is failing as a company. Someone posted a link here about their Q3 earnings and how many people they are going to lay off.....do you think anyone who is picking up your tickets really cares to make a difference? Do you think middle management really wants to solve these problems? No. They're looking for a job somewhere else. All of them are. They see the writing on the wall, just as we should. What would you do if you were them? GREE should fail because it is run by people who aren't good at their jobs. What more can you say?

My guess is that GREE never anticipated this game to be so popular, and it was written with the worst coding ever from day one. They've patched and patched and patched but realized early on that the only way to fix all of the issues that come up is to rewrite the game from scratch which will be too expensive......so they're running this game 100mph into the oncoming brick wall. One day soon you will wake up and not be able to connect to their servers anymore because they're offline.

Can't wait for the "Nuke your base" thread....

madfighters
10-08-2013, 10:13 AM
How does it say on their website they are hiring people

Dutchie
10-08-2013, 10:18 AM
@HayeZeus - You are getting confused with the other parts of the GREE business. The 'Funzio' business unit is one of the profitable ones, but won't be for much longer if they carry on as is.

BoilerPaulie
10-08-2013, 10:27 AM
/slowclap.

Killa Chunk
10-08-2013, 11:22 AM
My guess is that GREE never anticipated this game to be so popular, and it was written with the worst coding ever from day one. They've patched and patched and patched but realized early on that the only way to fix all of the issues that come up is to rewrite the game from scratch which will be too expensive......so they're running this game 100mph into the oncoming brick wall. One day soon you will wake up and not be able to connect to their servers anymore because they're offline.

Can't wait for the "Nuke your base" thread....

Couldn't agree more that they are running this game into a wall. They are clearly trying to figure out ways to generate revenue as fast as they can. There are two models as I see it. Just leaving the game alone, or making small changes over a period of time, to ensure longevity and consistent revenue. OR Cram this crap down customers throats with the hope it generates more revenue, in a short period of time.

I'd love to see a "Nuke your Base List". HAHA. I'm sure Gree will brainstorm some awesome idea eliminate the ability to "SELL" buildings, with the hope more people will buy cash vaults for their faction bonuses.

Gree is worse than Congress.

BoilerPaulie
10-08-2013, 11:34 AM
Gree is worse than Congress.

WHOA, shots fired! Let's not get carried away here... Congress still gets paid for not doing their job. We can stop paying GREE anytime we like, and from the sounds of it, a lot of us have made that choice. The taxman still cometh no matter how bad we think Congress is.

Killa Chunk
10-08-2013, 11:46 AM
WHOA, shots fired! Let's not get carried away here... Congress still gets paid for not doing their job. We can stop paying GREE anytime we like, and from the sounds of it, a lot of us have made that choice. The taxman still cometh no matter how bad we think Congress is.

LOL valid point.

killapickles
10-08-2013, 12:21 PM
How does it say on their website they are hiring people

BlackBerry still has job openings on their website... doesn't mean anything when it comes to how well your business is doing.

killapickles
10-08-2013, 12:36 PM
This is a fantastic post and the base art work is some of the best I have ever seen. There is always a cycle that technology goes through and GREE has dropped the ball. Once you start screwing your core members over (e.g. people that have been here since the game launched), they leave. If you want to see examples look Xbox One, Halo, COD, Digg or Myspace (going old school). Developers try to change the dynamics and the user rebel since they were not included in any of the decisions. It's only a matter of time before a majority of people finally start looking at the 'top played' or 'top grossing' games and make the switch.

FatalJ
10-08-2013, 12:41 PM
Well said Killa. Was fun while it lasted. Even as a somewhat casual player I have noticed this trainwreck coming. I think I may have spent $20 in total playing this game, and I still kicked myself for doing that.

Zachio
10-08-2013, 07:56 PM
Chunk, first off I love you man Bromance4Life! Secondly, why did you ever talk me into playing this game? HayeZeus will probably agree with me.

Great post which hit the nail directly on the head. I believe more and more people daily are coming around to this realization and the Official Nuke Thread should be started now. Maybe you can start it? I wish rivals could see your barrel decorations, but faulting programming has failed here once again. As a programmer myself, I am constantly baffled with the amount of errors in this game. Honestly, I think its more on the QA guys than the programmers themselves, they are the ones, if they even exist, within the company that should have been gutted and replaced with new employees months ago. I agree with everything you said and will not be far behind you with the nuke.... then again I've been saying this for months.

At least we have that other game we play... ya know the one free players can compete and has zero glitches? Love it.