PDA

View Full Version : Was the quote "if it's Broke, Don't Fix it"?

NaRciS
10-08-2013, 08:48 AM
I have been a supporter of gree and also moaned a little in my time with this game, been playing nearly 10 month's In total, I wanted to just share my opinion ( for Gree's benefit really ) and some of the things that could turn things back around for the community and the game..

Firstly, I think this forum is quite unique in the fact that a lot of the players which are high management and business owners that really do offer genuine and insightful feed back, they want to play the game, they want to spend money!

Sometimes things that you may think will encourage spending can kill it altogether...

I have tons of examples but I will keep it current - last week saw the introduction of a 100k unit and the faction boss units...

Ok, we have 52 players in our faction who played the event normally, no extra runs to score points or wins, everyday we won a Wraith Goliath worth 8000/7000 plus 3% def for nothing really (it started and ended within seconds and we won the unit) x 7 plus def gives around 65,000 / 55,000 extra stats which is great!

But... why would we then all look level up hugely and use vast amounts of energy for this current Faction ltq? with the prize on offer?

Im not whining or moaning, Im trying to help with a clear understanding of what both ours and other factions are doing, we have just given it a miss!

It seems there are so many new ideas to generate money that a lot will kill future spend and old issues are still not being addressed, with the huge increases in stats over the last couple of weeks a lot of the newer players will be scared off! and I think the top players are getting bored of just stat figures, I would say 75% of our faction put on more then a million in stats in just over a week..

It took me months and months to get a maybe 200k in stats, I had to work hard at it.. I had a goal but now at nearly 2 million whats next...

Another example - Wraith Goliath 8000/7000 plus 3% - we got free for playing - GREAT!
- LE Spetsnaz FSB Infantry - cost 845 gold

I was going to go more in depth but I feel most would not be interested, I will finish by saying I was the leader of a top 300 faction which was spending a good amount of gold - this is now just a camping faction spending nothing - I was also the leader and officer of a top 40 faction - many will know how much it costs to get into the top 50 - last month I reported a problem to support with regards to half my hits not registering but still losing energy in the WD ONLY - most events where fine..

I stopped using gold and was advised the problem was known and was being worked on - the following WD, I started using gold again and had the same problem, I reported it and was told the same thing - I was advised to stop buying gold until it was corrected and that an in-game announcement would be done when fixed....

I havent heard anything... I lost half my gold due to loss of hits and energy, I was told that I could not have a gold refund and that I should have waited till the fix was done...

So, i'm really not happy...and you will see that our team has stopped spending 95% of its gold, we have our top spenders that have not spent a penny... yes we have dropped back, but it seems that most of the team is now happy with going completely gold free, its got to the point - you have nearly 52 players that have been in the game for over 6 - 9 months have lost the will to try to spend...

Its crazy, I have an online business, if a customer spending money with me had a problem (that I was aware of, and I could offer them something that DOESN'T cost me money to appease the situation) I would be bending backwards... my answer from GREE - yep, there's a problem, yep you have lost money but we cant help you... I suppose at least I did get feedback this time.

I will continue to play, I enjoy the crowd both here and in my factions, my spending is done though, I know already someone is typing Gree doesn't care if my spending is done.. Ok.. but it looks like around 75 of our big spenders are done and the crazy thing is we were told to stop SPENDING!

I look forward to being ripped apart ;)

tHe JeSteR - ST6

xxinterfector
10-08-2013, 08:50 AM
Whining is the word of the day.

Agent Orange
10-08-2013, 08:59 AM
I believe the quote is, "If it's broke and makes us lots of money, don't fix it!"

NaRciS
10-08-2013, 09:01 AM
There are many words of the day...

Yep, my post would seem to be pointless then...

Thanks for your fantastic input...

NaRciS
10-08-2013, 09:02 AM
I believe the quote is, "If it's broke and makes us lots of money, don't fix it!"

Very much so :)

Dutchie
10-08-2013, 09:12 AM
You are not the only one to feel like this and GREE have lost the plot. The design team don't know what they are doing and digging a deeper hole with each event. They have no clear plan or structure and events are thrown together adhoc, thinking the new one will fix the issues with the last one but only to make it worse. One really needs to pick and choose the events, weigh up the pros and cons before going ahead with it.

NaRciS
10-08-2013, 09:27 AM
You are not the only one to feel like this and GREE have lost the plot. The design team don't know what they are doing and digging a deeper hole with each event. They have no clear plan or structure and events are thrown together adhoc, thinking the new one will fix the issues with the last one but only to make it worse. One really needs to pick and choose the events, weigh up the pros and cons before going ahead with it.

I agree Dutchie, I rarely post on the forum anymore, I thought I would today after losing two of our long term players, some times companies listen, mostly they don't...

Anyway I will continue to play for free...

Sith Lady
10-08-2013, 09:29 AM
I am seeing several ideas popping up to increase Gree lucrativity, and several new inconsistent implementations that wont matter if Gree doesnt do the basic! Here simple effective ideas to be implemented, that can improve sales and game experience as a whole (maybe... Maybe its too late already). Not rocket science, but Gree really miss these basic points and spoils the game.
1- An effective customer service that puts the client satisfaction as main objective. Really, we are talking about pixels here and fake gold. 3 days are more than enough for fixing problems and closing tickets.
2- A little inflation in prizes. Prizes need to be slightly better each time, in line with difficulty and expenditure, XP gain! Right now everything is too inconsistent, looks like Gree is always trying to mess with us...
3- Continue work fixing hacks and exploits.
4- Good communication with customers.
5- Deliver what is promised. If an unit should have a bonus, deliver it. If we have a time set to an event to start, it should start at the right time.

I stopped spending money in this game long time ago... Ireland was the last big expense, Australia was the last drop. I am seeing several friends leaving due to burn out. Others that had wonderful HLP accounts are just sick of how Gree is unfair to gamers that level up. Some minis are more powerful than the main accounts.... Crazy.

NaRciS
10-08-2013, 09:39 AM
I am seeing several ideas popping up to increase Gree lucrativity, and several new inconsistent implementations that wont matter if Gree doesnt do the basic! Here simple effective ideas to be implemented, that can improve sales and game experience as a whole (maybe... Maybe its too late already). Not rocket science, but Gree really miss these basic points and spoils the game.
1- An effective customer service that puts the client satisfaction as main objective. Really, we are talking about pixels here and fake gold. 3 days are more than enough for fixing problems and closing tickets.
2- A little inflation in prizes. Prizes need to be slightly better each time, in line with difficulty and expenditure, XP gain! Right now everything is too inconsistent, looks like Gree is always trying to mess with us...
3- Continue work fixing hacks and exploits.
4- Good communication with customers.
5- Deliver what is promised. If an unit should have a bonus, deliver it. If we have a time set to an event to start, it should start at the right time.

I stopped spending money in this game long time ago... Ireland was the last big expense, Australia was the last drop. I am seeing several friends leaving due to burn out. Others that had wonderful HLP accounts are just sick of how Gree is unfair to gamers that level up. Some minis are more powerful than the main accounts.... Crazy.

it is that simple...

Dutchie
10-08-2013, 10:04 AM
it is that simple...Indeed but not for GREE management. Funzio had something good going for them, then GREE came along and turned it into a money grabbing machine forgetting to focus on great player experience. There are only so many bad experiences we can take before we drop it faster than a hot potato. Shame really... they had something really good and now they turned it into fubar!

Arc Burn
10-08-2013, 10:18 AM
When my gold runs out I will not buy any more...got suckered into the 100k unit last boss. I will still play, inevitably become a weak player as minis spend gold and get great stats. That's ok, they will blow past my level soon enough with the current game model. There is no longer value in my gold purchases. I gained more attack and defense with the final click of boss 100 than I did in the first 10 months I played. I know others have stated similar stories but today seems to be the day to whine. When my faction gets tired of me not putting up big numbers I will happily step down, join a low lvl faction and donate my now worthless in game cash. *sigh

LosKevanos
10-08-2013, 11:00 AM
Very good OP and replies... And yes... Very alarming to hear that many many many of us are coming to the same conclusions, decisions, and actions... I agree I'm in the same boat and so is my faction... We're losing interest in this game very quickly... And it's sad to see people who had passion now hardly active... It's going to hurt to have to eventually remove them from the faction, they've been a big reason for our collective success... This didnt have to happen, it can still be fixed, but nothing is being done... It hasn't been showing any sign of getting better, only worse... Like I said before... Maybe the drastic decrease in gold sales come Mexico will finally get GREE's attention... It seems to be the only real language they understand... It's just too bad that we cannot all unite to do it more effectively and try to salvage the game instead of one be one turning into ghost bases.