PDA

View Full Version : Gree please

War lord
10-07-2013, 04:03 PM
Beating a unit 190 times that takes 4 hits at 6 energy. That's a little bit waste of time dontcha think?

iclx
10-07-2013, 04:08 PM
I totally agree with you!

Skoalrulz
10-07-2013, 04:53 PM
You can have your faction help

Powerbang
10-07-2013, 04:58 PM
You can have your faction help

Not really. It's pretty mindless. I feel like Derek Zoolander breaking into a computer to "get the files."

mw1234
10-07-2013, 05:01 PM
This LTQ will make everyone level up, which will hurt you during war (less points). Although it's not taking much energy, it is giving you a ton of XP.

Skoalrulz
10-07-2013, 05:08 PM
If you don't want the Xp gain don't tap the screen.

mw1234
10-07-2013, 05:48 PM
If you don't want the Xp gain don't tap the screen.

Thank you for your insightful analysis, Skoalrulz. I'm well aware of my ability to refrain from tapping the buttons, and refrain from playing the game for that matter. I was simply giving a heads up to the people who were on this thread to take note of the XP, especially in the event their faction won't make it far in Prestige - didn't even give an opinion on what I think about it.

Keep up your pleasant demeanor, though...thanks!

Skoalrulz
10-07-2013, 05:53 PM
I think they could have figured out the XP gain looking at the thread that has everything listed.

I'm here to help you mw1234.

mw1234
10-07-2013, 06:04 PM
I think they could have figured out the XP gain looking at the thread that has everything listed.

I'm here to help you mw1234.

Well, they started a thread, so I was communicating with them, not you. I'm not on here much, because this game comes after my job and family, but I just happened to see your comment and realize that every time you comment, you're attacking people. I especially like the one where you say "your stupid" - that would be "you're stupid." Just saying, chill out and keep it positive, boss. Being a smart ass behind a keyboard is getting old.

_s2_
10-07-2013, 06:07 PM
This LTQ will make everyone level up, which will hurt you during war (less points). Although it's not taking much energy, it is giving you a ton of XP.

The change in XP per Energy is really unreal... Looking at the current level my faction is on (7/13 @ Docks) and comparing the old Amphibious Trooper to the new target, Cortez Family Runner: 90 energy for old target nets 15xp whereas 9 energy for new target is 25xp. That is a 16.7 times increase in XP per energy expended!

GREE really doesn't seem to care much about those of us who can see through the attempt to lower WD pts in battle (presumably drawing more gold from players trying to maintain their performance of prior wars). Higher level players get less points from a win against a specific opponent than their lower level player counterpart, but HLP's have a lot more time and money invested so are more likely to be more willing to use gold to keep up. As has been noted many times: this game is a bit counter-intuitive in that making it to the next level actually hurts you / makes the game harder for you... If I were GREE, if getting people to a higher level meant that the game was harder AND there was data to show people spent more to keep up as the game got harder, I would do as much as possible to get people to level up as quick as I could.

What I really learned from the active forum users and from some LLP's in my faction was the true strategy of the game: increases in stats aren't the measuring stick of a worthwhile event... if you get stats but level up very fast you really just made yourself weaker relative to others at your level who only allowed themselves to increase stats with as little XP gain as they could possibly manage (while still having fun playing the game).

So, in this new event it seems that GREE is really just throwing out carrots of stat increases (exponentially increasing stat increases, I should note...) with massively out of line proportional increases to XP gained. Doing this may increase stats, yes, but it increases them at the cost of moving up to a level where you are now weaker relative to those who got to that level whilst carefully choosing which increases were worth the corresponding increase to XP (and thus level). The group of players smart enough to avoids these net-negative events must be so small that GREE can afford to not gear gameplay in a manner that interests them. Else, GREE but must think very little of their players as a whole in terms of mental ability to calculate a horrible return on stats vs xp gain (and take action on that knowledge).

Seems strategy now would be to have junk HLP's in pocket to tee up final hits per level, then swap playable LLP accounts into the faction for the junk accounts before making the last faction hit. With a decent amount of discipline this could a be brilliant way to create stronger LLP's and make WD events all the easier against opponent's who don't have that level of coordination or discipline...

My first reaction was that this was a horrible change to game-play and just another recent change that wasn't well thought out (admittedly I was also one who was upset at the barrage of events that have come our way as I felt obliged to play most of them as they didn't have "horrible" ratios of stats vs xp). The more I think about it, this may actually be a great event... end prize doesn't seem *that* attractive and definitely not worth participating in, even with a non-camper account. If we can move to a strategy as noted above (we have several "retired" accounts amongst us), we could get all the FLTQ gains of this event for our main players. If our competition avoids the event then we have higher relative stats, and if they play the event without this strategy they'll see a whole lot less points than we will as our lower level players earn more points per hit than their higher level players. [using Montgomery Burns voice and tapping finger] Excellent!!!

_s2_
10-07-2013, 06:13 PM
Not really. It's pretty mindless. I feel like Derek Zoolander breaking into a computer to "get the files."

Now there's an analogy I haven't heard in a long time. Spot on - Well done!!

mw1234
10-07-2013, 06:17 PM
Looking at the current level we are on (7/13, at the docks), comparing the old Amphibious Trooper to the new target, Cortez Family Runner it's insane the change. 90 energy for old target nets 15 xp whereas 9 energy for new target is 25 xp. That is a 16.7 times increase in XP per energy expended. GREE really doesn't seem to have a lot of care for those who see through the attempt to lower WD pts in battle from a bunch of higher level players getting less pts against rivals. Else, they really must think very little of their players as a whole in terms of mental ability to calculate a horrible return on stats vs xp gain and take action on that knowledge.

Seems strategy now would be to have junk HLP's in pocket to tee up final hits per level, then swap to playable LLP accounts to make last hit. With a decent amount of discipline this could a be brilliant way to create stronger LLP's and make WD events all te easier against oponnent's who don't have that level of coordination or discipline...

Wow, I didn't realize the XP went up that much. I think you've got a solid strategy if you can find the HLP's to take on the burden. Good luck to your team!

Skoalrulz
10-07-2013, 06:20 PM
Well, they started a thread, so I was communicating with them, not you. I'm not on here much, because this game comes after my job and family, but I just happened to see your comment and realize that every time you comment, you're attacking people. I especially like the one where you say "your stupid" - that would be "you're stupid." Just saying, chill out and keep it positive, boss. Being a smart ass behind a keyboard is getting old.

Oh no here come the keyboard cops. Everyone run

mw1234
10-07-2013, 06:29 PM
Oh no here come the keyboard cops. Everyone run

No keyboard cops. Just confused by people like you. Do you feel better logging on to anonymously attack people over a game? There's no need for it - I don't get it. There are better things to do in life. With that said, I'm going to stop wasting time replying to you. Good luck to you.

Skoalrulz
10-07-2013, 06:45 PM
I actually don't have anything better to do. I comment on repeated threads or whining cry babies. You just happened to walk into one of them.

War lord
10-07-2013, 07:36 PM
Dude do u think I'm whining? Cry baby really, I think this is a legidment point

ExtremeP7
10-07-2013, 08:20 PM
BUMP. PLEASE GREE STOP. I normally support game updates, new aspects, etc. but this totally sucks! I hate this game right now.

Sith Lady
10-07-2013, 08:57 PM
Looking at the current level we are on (7/13, at the docks), comparing the old Amphibious Trooper to the new target, Cortez Family Runner it's insane the change. 90 energy for old target nets 15 xp whereas 9 energy for new target is 25 xp. That is a 16.7 times increase in XP per energy expended. GREE really doesn't seem to have a lot of care for those who see through the attempt to lower WD pts in battle from a bunch of higher level players getting less pts against rivals. Else, they really must think very little of their players as a whole in terms of mental ability to calculate a horrible return on stats vs xp gain and take action on that knowledge.

Seems strategy now would be to have junk HLP's in pocket to tee up final hits per level, then swap to playable LLP accounts to make last hit. With a decent amount of discipline this could a be brilliant way to create stronger LLP's and make WD events all te easier against oponnent's who don't have that level of coordination or discipline...

Great post! Totally agree!