PDA

View Full Version : Crowded Maps are making this game annoying and frustrating to play

Agent1200
10-07-2013, 03:07 PM
These multiple tap, crowded maps are completely annoying and frustrating. This game is going down hill so fast it's not funny. I've already stopped spending real $$. But I'm close to not playing at all. It's just not fun. Get it together with your map crowding, GREE!

It's impossible to not tap the wrong target a few times. It takes forever before the target is not around a mess of others. SHEESH!

Do they not test these new updates before pushing them???

Kefa
10-07-2013, 03:13 PM
The maps are absolutely overcrowded with targets who all walk on top of each other. Just go back to using random existing targets for LTQ's, seriously.

SPWD
10-07-2013, 03:15 PM
It's just to make you miss your target so you spend more gold,bless em !

MaroonMonsoon
10-07-2013, 03:19 PM
Simple solution throw your phone in the toilet, at least you won't be posting annoying crap on here

Agent1200
10-07-2013, 03:25 PM
Simple solution throw your phone in the toilet, at least you won't be posting annoying crap on here

Monsoon, if you don't like it, don't read it then. The rest of us all think the map crowding has significantly reduced the ability to enjoy this game. Gree should know that. Now quit trolling and move on.

Warzoneone
10-07-2013, 03:30 PM
I agree with you guys ,, it's crowded ..

MaroonMonsoon
10-07-2013, 03:32 PM
Well some of us happen to think GREE has put forth a wonderful highly enjoyable product, putting lots of time and thinking into development only to have ungrateful people whine and bash their game, starving kids in china would give their legs to be able to play a game like you take for granted

Exxtraterrestrial
10-07-2013, 03:36 PM
When you tap a wrong target just go back to base to cancel that hit.
But you are right this is becoming a problem gree should just go back to using regular targets for their LTQs.

iclx
10-07-2013, 04:01 PM
Totally agree! The maps are just too full...

This new faction event is also ridiculous.
I have 4000 energy and the targets are 6-7 energy per hit! Do I have to tap 4000/6=666 times!! And that in those crowded maps :'(

CJ D
10-07-2013, 04:13 PM
starving kids in china would give their legs to be able to play a game like you take for granted

Wait....wuuuut? Holy schnikes. I'm in a time warp. It's 1960 all over again.

Some folks really should examine their own ignorance before posting openly if they want to be taken seriously.....

Stooboot
10-07-2013, 04:21 PM
Well some of us happen to think GREE has put forth a wonderful highly enjoyable product, putting lots of time and thinking into development only to have ungrateful people whine and bash their game, starving kids in china would give their legs to be able to play a game like you take for granted

jeez he pulled the starving kids in china card. Why u dont u go over there and help them than instead of paying tons of money monthly for your phone, data plan & internet provider. Dont stop there go to india next they prob have a lot more starving kids than china does. :)

SumOfMie
10-07-2013, 04:36 PM

I think Starving kids in China must be coding this game.

First for the LTQ's players have to hit the same target event after event after event.

Next they add targets that need to be hit a lot to move to the next target. Really? Did we not just take that target down?
Now we have so many targets that we will never Ever need to hit walking around like its a crowded prison yard.
I had not finished doing the Operation Thunderstrike yet and now a faction and an individual LTQ. i can not be alone in this.
Yes its an addictive game that I play with an great faction. But really? We have lost many powerful members that just Walk Away from the game and say good bye. Its too much for them. I was almost there this summer.

Bobar
10-07-2013, 05:06 PM
did you test this lte before? i would love to force the devs "playing" this supplier Thing. itīs a pain in the .....

Socks
10-07-2013, 05:25 PM
How hard is it really to wait a second for the target to isolate themselves and then hit them 500 times?

Agent1200
10-07-2013, 06:16 PM
How hard is it really to wait a second for the target to isolate themselves and then hit them 500 times?

Well if sitting and waiting is your idea of fun, be my guest. I consider it frustrating and poor game play. Quite frankly, some maps are so crowded that there really is no place where your target is truly isolated. Are we even playing the same game? Do you have a job, school, girlfriend or wife? I guess you can sit on a map all day if that's all your doing. The rest of us are playing this game for fun. And the point behind this thread is to let gree know that they have definately made this part of the game less enjoyable. Now quit trolling my thread.

CJ D
10-07-2013, 06:58 PM
Well if sitting and waiting is your idea of fun, be my guest. I consider it frustrating and poor game play. Quite frankly, some maps are so crowded that there really is no place where your target is truly isolated. Are we even playing the same game? Do you have a job, school, girlfriend or wife? I guess you can sit on a map all day if that's all your doing. The rest of us are playing this game for fun. And the point behind this thread is to let gree know that they have definately made this part of the game less enjoyable. Now quit trolling my thread.

I'm guessing your sarcasm detector needs a new battery so I'll lend you mine to get socks' post....

Agent1200
10-07-2013, 07:07 PM
I'm guessing your sarcasm detector needs a new battery so I'll lend you mine to get socks' post....

Haha. Thanks, I guess I needed that. Somehow 500 times seemed like seriousness. Sorry Socks, my bad. :)

Systematrix
10-07-2013, 07:18 PM
Totally agree! The maps are just too full...

This new faction event is also ridiculous.
I have 4000 energy and the targets are 6-7 energy per hit! Do I have to tap 4000/6=666 times!! And that in those crowded maps :'(

iclx even did the math in this thread and yes, 500 taps is realistic.

spcmorris
10-07-2013, 07:23 PM
starving kids in china would give their legs to be able to play a game like you take for granted
Seriously? I try to keep my posts/comments on here constructive, but that's ridiculous on all counts. What relevance does China's population problem have to do with stating frustration from a game issue? Nothing. Keep it constructive or don't post.

spcmorris
10-07-2013, 07:31 PM
No wonder Gree is in financial trouble.

Financial trouble? $466.7 million in the first quarter of 2013 doesn't seem to be in much trouble.

http://www.insidemobileapps.com/2012/11/15/grees-q1-2013-sales-dip-5-4-q-over-q-to-466-7m-but-sales-in-recovery-trend-after-kompu-gacha-ban/

gero
10-07-2013, 07:31 PM
Don't think this was an accident. This is a shady way to get more gold spent. Overcrowd the maps, have other non targets crowd around your target and you will mishap, and then have to spend more gold. Also when you have to defeat the target so many times, it just adds up to more mis-taps and more gold refills and more money in Grees pocket.

Westusmc
10-07-2013, 08:27 PM
I completely agree with the original post. These are really tedious.

_s2_
10-07-2013, 08:34 PM
Don't think this was an accident. This is a shady way to get more gold spent. Overcrowd the maps, have other non targets crowd around your target and you will mishap, and then have to spend more gold. Also when you have to defeat the target so many times, it just adds up to more mis-taps and more gold refills and more money in Grees pocket.

My first thought was that this was intended... How said is that? Forget the money for a second and think about the time players have poored into this game. They bought a great game from Funzio just a year ago. Reading the article about the mega-$$$ made in one weekend in Ireland there was a quote that caught me from a VP who came over from Funzio. I'm not going to go hunt it down (sorry), but the premise was that they were changing the dynamics of gaming in what they were doing (limited time events, factions, etc) that would take the "grind element" from how these games worked in the past out and making money more on having fun vs avoiding a grind. The guy said it was a big gamble but that their mega money weekend really validated the premise.

And, I would agree with him... Ireland is when I spenty first $1 on this game and I cannot believe how much they sucked out of me since. But then sometime in August (seemed to correspond with about 1 month after release of War of Nations, which I tried and fizzled out on very quickly) they seem to have had a changing of the guard or something. Stat inflation grew by an additional order of magnitude and GREE reintroduced the grind to the game. Whoever was at the helm guiding the product into something that became the first game I ever spent more money than the cost of a new gaming system, that person seemed to have been replaced. In their place entered someone who seemed to have decided that MW users were too emotionally tied to their game to risk falling behind and thus put on the gas to milk them for every free minute of their time and exponentially up the ante to draw out $$.

The $$ hasn't killed this game for me, however, I am with the OP that the level of fun that I've gotten from strategizing on how to play it and build a great faction with an amazing group of people - that fun has shrunk in exponential proportions to related to the reintroduction of grind to this game. It's not just the grind of 500 hit targets on a crowded map, but it's that combined with the grind of not even a month between monthly WD events, the 17 overlapping mini events between WD events (where, sit one week out and you've fallen behind), the attempt to eliminate strategic thought related to pre-staging with these new mega xp per energy targets, the fact that I find out after 4 back to back heavy months of buying gold thinking that the "bonus gold plan" was no more since it wasn't published in game or on the forum only to find out 3 weeks ago that the unpublished bonus gold scheme still exists and you just have to talk to the right support person to get a link to be added (vs automatically being added as would be simply fair) (sorry, that was a big one that made me mad at GREE), and the [see post from today that combines all other running issues if you really care enough to read on (@gree if they care enough to read this)]. All these items are 180 degrees from the playbill of the Funzio exec who said that $$ was maximized by taking away the grind. The initial strategy made me willing to open my wallet, and I have had a great time with some new friends thanks to this game. I just wish that guy were back calling the shots; because whoever is running the ship now has killed the anti-grind/have fun and they will pay philosophy and really made me wonder if the time spent on this game (again, forget the $$ for a second) is worth my investment / worth the opportunity cost of me spending time with my family in my free time.

@ Penny - ok, maybe I can be a little long winded. ;-)

Sent from my iPhone