PDA

View Full Version : Why Gree has changed the game

thundarr
10-07-2013, 08:47 AM
Lets start with the facts:
1. Gree is a publicly traded company GREZF:OTC
2. Publicly traded companies are concerned with one thing and one thing only, making money for their shareholders who are the owners of the company
3. Gree stock is currently trading at a 52 weeks low
4. To increase stock price more revenue is required

My Theory: Orders have have come from the higher ups to increase revenue. Gree programers have to do whatever they can to increase revenue. If it ruins the game long term and makes us all unhappy that is not their problem. This not a company run by gamers to make us happy, its run by businessmen to make money. Gree didn't fork over $210 million to Funzio because they enjoy gaming they did it to make money. Whatever happens to the game in the future with its constant stat increases, more quests and most importantly more schemes to raise more money for Gree, we have to either suck it up or quit.

http://www.insidemobileapps.com/2013/10/03/gree-closes-osaka-office-looks-to-reduce-workforce-by-11-percent/

http://techcrunch.com/2012/05/08/funzio-was-making-5m-in-sales-per-month-when-it-sold-to-gree-for-210m/

If this thread is removed and I am banned then I guess there is some truth to it.

LosKevanos
10-07-2013, 10:56 AM
This is exactly right... Efforts to increase 3rd quarter profits is critical to ensuring longevity of current stock holders and increasing the price of the stock

FromAfar
10-07-2013, 11:02 AM
To keep it fresh and exciting!

dpghost mobile
10-07-2013, 11:42 AM
last prank with the prestage didn't add too much

Sith Lady
10-07-2013, 11:53 AM
To keep it fresh and exciting!
Nope, to keep then afloat.

Sir josh
10-07-2013, 12:13 PM

Your absolute best bet would be to take any money you planned to spend on gold and sell Gree stock short. Seriously

VSH
10-07-2013, 12:18 PM

Last prank with the prestage hopefully would have cost them, never mind adding anything!
That was such a shortsighted, narrow minded decision they took. And I'm not buying that story about data packets and limitations on pushing out changes.....blah, blah, blah.

As always, with any corporation with shareholders, it is the customer that ultimately gets screwed first, second and last. Doesn't seem to matter if it's the UK, US, Japan, Germany, wherever.....same crap, different day.

And yes, I know, I've said it before myself.....if we don't like it, we should all just walk away.....
....easier said than done though!