PDA

View Full Version : Alex-apallooza!

TIMB0
10-06-2013, 06:14 PM
So on the lighter side...what's with all the players named "Alex"?

I play with 2 accounts. Every screen, every level, everywhere I turn, there's an "Alex". Am I the only one? I don't think so. It has to be the most common user name in the game. Is it a default name chosen if you don't choose a name? Is it simply that there are that many Alexs worldwide? (Alexes? Alexii!)

Is there a sinister purpose to these roving bands of numerous Alexii? Are they a special branch of the Gree Secret Police AKA the "Alex Stasi"? Are they bots run by a supercomputer? Are they watchers from another world...learning about our ways surreptitiously through the subtle interplay of virtual mechanics?

The Alexii only know, and they aren't telling.

LosKevanos
10-06-2013, 06:23 PM
Hahahaha! I joke the same thing with my faction... We keep a tally of how many Alexis we attacked or raided that day! And I have yet to find an Alexii that has better stats than me, no matter how far I progress in stats or battlepoint rank! Lol... Well done on starting a thread about it...

LosKevanos
10-06-2013, 06:24 PM
I mean, I don't even know this many Alexii in my whole life, lol!

lemonhaze
10-06-2013, 06:42 PM
i switched my name from what it use to be to ALEX for this purpose that the OP said"Every screen, every level, everywhere I turn, there's an "Alex" ..they are so many they cannot target u like they can with say a name of M32 or something no one else has..i like being in a mix of ppl so they have to run to that persons base to make sure they are who they think they are...

Blade of 3
10-06-2013, 06:58 PM
I have been wondering this for years.

lemonhaze
10-06-2013, 07:01 PM
I have been wondering this for years. i also wonderd the same thing when i use to see them and i myself would have trouble finding the same exact one with nice buildings to raid..i would go to the person base i thoguht that i raided b4 thinking cant wait to raid these high LEs only to find nothing bc it was the wrong Alex..so i thought well i mise well be one to so i can hide my high cash builds from pillagers to a degree..makes it harder to farm bottomline

TAA Sam
10-06-2013, 07:12 PM
I may have your answer, I noticed this the other day.

If you have your game on an old device, then transfer it to another, the old device will then load up a base once you open it again with someone called Alex. The base will be basic, the 1 building, etc etc. But the name will always be Alex.

This is my answer anyway, saw it about 50m times over the past couple of days after trying to get a new device to play the game but fail, and did countless transfers from one device to another.

DaBoss!
10-06-2013, 07:14 PM
I presume that Alex is the default name, because on my other account that I haven't bothered progressing in, it hasn't given me the option to name my character, yet it shows my name being Alex.

No colored text please. -CJ

LosKevanos
10-06-2013, 09:50 PM
Aha! Mystery solved... Hahaha

LosKevanos
10-06-2013, 09:51 PM
I like the idea of using Alex strategically

DFI
10-06-2013, 10:12 PM
I don't know if this is true, but I heard if your selected name is against the TOS, gree changes it to Alex. Anyone heard of this?

bushobama
10-06-2013, 10:28 PM
Alex is the default name given to players who chose inappropriate/offensive names and were eiscovered by funzio staff. Crime city mark said awhile back, that one of the original developers of the game was Alex and he coded this in. There are some other repetitive names out there that almost seem to be phantom bases.

Powerbang
10-06-2013, 11:01 PM
I can confirm that Alex is the default name.

What perplexes me more, is the common use of "sir" as a name. Not "Sir Charles" or "Sir Anthony" or "Sir BringUDethQuik"... just "sir".

I know there is a faction of sirs... but I'm pretty sure the limit on players is 60 just like any other team.

LosKevanos
10-06-2013, 11:13 PM
Hahaha! yes... All the darn sirs! Well done! Tons of sirs and Alex's ... They're everywhere! Lol... I'm glad it wasn't just me! Hahaha

Jhenry02
10-07-2013, 01:13 AM
Yes there are a lot of sirs.
We had a guy in our faction his name was sir and he had it changed.

But there is also
General Sir
Sir Yes Sir
Captain sir
Call me sir

And yes Alex is the default name, if an account is improperly transferred of a name is rude and violates ToS they change it to Alex.

Been seeing a lot of Henry's lately too. As well as some minor variations :))
-J

Fenway Frank
10-07-2013, 03:20 AM
Your name gets changed to Alex if it is offensive

Kefa
10-07-2013, 10:45 AM
It was the default name when the account was created, and I didn't change it thinking I could change it later. When I found out it costs gold to change it, I decided to leave it.

Romulus.
10-07-2013, 10:52 AM
Alex yes i see so much Alex around.. But dont worry it should be default name. :D

ZX6
10-07-2013, 11:10 AM
Has anyone ran into "Sir Alex" yet?

CJ54
10-07-2013, 01:29 PM
It's the default name in the system; if you never change your name when you start playing (or if your name is reverted later), you are Alex.

ExtremeP7
10-07-2013, 08:36 PM
And so was born my LLP: AlexKiller.

bushobama
10-07-2013, 09:58 PM
It's the default name in the system; if you never change your name when you start playing (or if your name is reverted later), you are Alex.

way to chime in on only the most important of threads CJ54.. Gree support is top notch, as usual.

silver408z
10-07-2013, 11:17 PM
Some names repeat also because factions all used to change their names to the same name. It was a way for your faction to fight scouting or if a faction had intel from a previous war. For example I was in a faction that chose for all of us to change our name to incognito. There was also a group who did a variation of dogmagod. They would on capitalizing letters a little but all had the same name. I bet that is where all the "sir" came from. There was also faction that used "warrior" or something like that.

TIMB0
10-10-2013, 12:42 AM

Ah, a developer chimes in! Proof positive it's something dark and sinister. Sorry CJ I've watched way too many reruns of the X-Files on Netflix to buy this canned response...;)

mickymacirl
10-10-2013, 12:45 AM

Yep, Alex is the default name given to MW accounts (and CC)

Evil Mastermind
10-10-2013, 05:54 AM
It would be fun to see every rival in my list with same name. Let's start the movement, everyone change their name to Alex. Spread the word. ;)

Powerbang
10-10-2013, 07:23 AM
way to chime in on only the most important of threads CJ54.. Gree support is top notch, as usual.

Maybe try being less of an ass and he would chime in more...