PDA

View Full Version : Adding bonus to heroic raid boss

mighty mackenzie
10-06-2013, 05:12 PM
Please consider adding a bonus to the heroic raid boss prize! This is very important if you want people to spend their gems. For the precious raid bosses we would help them finish and spend more gems but without a bonus it's not worth it! We spend lots of gems to make sure all our guilds get the heroic finished but not this time. Please add a bonus before it's too late!

Fenway Frank
10-06-2013, 08:04 PM
My guild has decided to wait and see if they add a modifier as to finish the last few stages of the event will require a hell of alot of money and even a 68k unit is not worth the price that Gree have put on getting it

I am sure there are a lot of guilds that are getting close to the end and are waiting to see if the reward is improved to gauge if it is worth the small fortune required to finish the raid boss event

The rewards for the heroic portion of the raid boss event are very average compared to the cost, which is why most players expect the reward for finishing the event to make up for it.

Saying that i am happy if they don't improve the final reward because then i wont have to spend more money on gems and neither will the rest of my guild and i am sure we are not the only guild to feel this way

socpa
10-06-2013, 08:09 PM
My guild has decided to wait and see if they add a modifier as to finish the last few stages of the event will require a hell of alot of money and even a 68k unit is not worth the price that Gree have put on getting it

I am sure there are a lot of guilds that are getting close to the end and are waiting to see if the reward is improved to gauge if it is worth the small fortune required to finish the raid boss event

The rewards for the heroic portion of the raid boss event are very average compared to the cost, which is why most players expect the reward for finishing the event to make up for it.

Saying that i am happy if they don't improve the final reward because then i wont have to spend more money on gems and neither will the rest of my guild and i am sure we are not the only guild to feel this way

Couldn't agree more, the heroic portion of this event is way more difficult/expensive than last time. Our guild decided to stop at 25/33, not worth it, we would have to spend $100s to finish it. This time, level 90 and 95 bosses are way stronger.

Generic_Username
10-06-2013, 08:21 PM
In the beginning, ive always thought/believed gems as a way to finish things quicker. Now they have made almost everything, heavily gem orientated. No gems, you cant finish.
Personally, even if they add a modifier, i still think its not worth the money. It always put a smile on my face to read all these posts that say otherwise :)

Rastlin
10-06-2013, 09:51 PM
This is absurd! GREE should NEVER change prizes, and should really NEVER change them in the middle of an event. The prizes have already become to high as it is... and now people just expect it. The stat inflation is throwing the game into a tail spin. Look at all of the great players that have just retired... Higher stats & boosts did not cause top players to pay more, but leave the game instead. I truly love you dearly Bloodlust, but I am sorry I just don't agree with you on this one...

Vendetta V
10-06-2013, 09:58 PM
This is absurd! GREE should NEVER change prizes, and should really NEVER change them in the middle of an event. The prizes have already become to high as it is... and now people just expect it. The stat inflation is throwing the game into a tail spin. Look at all of the great players that have just retired... Higher stats & boosts did not cause top players to pay more, but leave the game instead. ...

^^^^^ x10 ^^^^^

mighty mackenzie
10-07-2013, 02:20 AM
Thanks Rastlin :) it's ok if we disagree, I still think you're great! My opinion is that because They had a modifier last time so they should have one this time too. I'm just saying they are losing money since so many guild have decided it's not worth finishing without one. Once they added it last time lots more guilds decided to finish it.

King Ben
10-07-2013, 02:48 AM
I think the consensus should be for Gree to confirm if modifier will be added. Either way it helps players decide whether to proceed. This is better than adding it later, without informing the group in advance, if at all.

Bohemian
10-07-2013, 02:53 AM
I believe most top 10 guilds n some co-op guild still will finish it even with NO modifiers.
Lets see . Aha i see FUN n RK had finish it...

King Ben
10-07-2013, 02:59 AM
Agree. Lol

Bohemian
10-07-2013, 03:02 AM
Lol, Come on SB. U dont want to get to far behind them. Also all others guild is same, hahahaha..
Fool chain reaction, HAHAHA

Lithia
10-07-2013, 03:12 AM
Regardless of whether there should be a multiplier added or not. What should not happen is a change to the unit 3/4 through the event. That is far worse, as guilds have run the numbers already and made decisions on whether it is worth it to them or not to go for it.

You should not move the goal posts after the event has started....

l3lade2
10-07-2013, 03:43 AM
Agreed, it shouldn't be changed part way through the event, but we all know that if gem spending is low GREE will announce some kind of "typo error" again and add it in to boost final day spends.

I also agree that a prize is what it is, what it starts as, is what it should end as. That being said, GREE have really got themselves to blame as they have set a precedent with previous bosses. Generally, it is deemed (in life) to be acceptable to make things harder, if the reward at the end is worth it. However to effectively maintain the exceptional difficulty of this event compared to the last, but significantly diminish the reward by not adding an equivalent bonus.

Personally I agree, it's not worth spending the gems on, so don't. But if this becomes a pattern of increasing and decreasing rewards it will lead to more bad things for the game.

larrydavid
10-07-2013, 09:01 AM
A bonus will be added. Can a FUN member chime in and let us know what they requested? :)

As someone else on here pointed out and is obvious - by not adding the bonus initially, Gree can make more money based on the diminished time-frame to finish. Just like LTQs with 'incorrect XP'.

Bloodsucker
10-07-2013, 09:10 AM
Thanks Rastlin :) it's ok if we disagree, I still think you're great! My opinion is that because They had a modifier last time so they should have one this time too. I'm just saying they are losing money since so many guild have decided it's not worth finishing without one. Once they added it last time lots more guilds decided to finish it.

Who cares if they arent making as much money as last time. (To claim they are LOSING money is just ridiculous since thier overhead is probably paid for with a single FUN members purchase.)

Totally agree with Rastlin...to change the prize in the middle of an event is just stupid. You know what the final prize is...go for it...dont go for it...thats your choice. My guild will be going for it, so thx for making my character stronger than urs, anyone who doesnt.

larrydavid
10-07-2013, 09:13 AM
Who cares if they arent making as much money as last time. (To claim they are LOSING money is just ridiculous since thier overhead is probably paid for with a single FUN members purchase.)

Totally agree with Rastlin...to change the prize in the middle of an event is just stupid. You know what the final prize is...go for it...dont go for it...thats your choice. My guild will be going for it, so thx for making my character stronger than urs, anyone who doesnt.

lol. they added the bonus in the middle last time. Do you really think a 60k stat boost is worth 1-2mtns? Please tell me you are kidding.

Lithia
10-07-2013, 10:14 AM
its obviously not worth it, but they know this before the event....the point is you dont move the goal posts after the event has started...

E-I
10-07-2013, 10:43 AM
A bonus would have been nice. The bump in stats was not very noticeable.

Nacon10
10-07-2013, 10:46 AM
they better add a bonus they cheap mudasuckers

Guido69
10-07-2013, 12:03 PM
A bonus would have been nice. The bump in stats was not very noticeable.

It bumped my attack by more than 250k :)

mighty mackenzie
10-07-2013, 01:05 PM
You don't want things changed in the middle of an event unless it suits you. You don't seem to mind the sky pirate in your inventory. But now since your guild isn't doing the heroic it's not something you want. How fair.

CJ54
10-07-2013, 01:55 PM
We're not adding one at this stage. It's too late in the event.

NinjaHonu
10-07-2013, 02:03 PM

Thanks for the confirmation CJ! Much appreciated!

larrydavid
10-07-2013, 02:22 PM
Too late in the event? You added one last time further along in the event.

Voxker
10-07-2013, 02:29 PM

For all the effort guilds put to complete this event? cmon now -.-

there's still 2 days left too... its not too late

E-I
10-07-2013, 02:52 PM
It bumped my attack by more than 250k :)

Yeah, well for those of us who don't have the +370% FUN bonuses it is not nearly as exciting. :p

E-I
10-07-2013, 02:57 PM
For all the effort guilds put to complete this event? cmon now -.-

there's still 2 days left too... its not too late

CJ has a different definition of "too late into the event." For most of us, we would look at the % of time remaining in the event. For Gree, they look at the amount of money earned by the event already divided by the amount of money they expect to earn. The closer they get to 1.00, the "later" it is into an event. :p

travelingsalesman
10-07-2013, 03:02 PM
CJ, that is a crap excuse and you know it. The last war prizes of +10% raid payout were inadvertently giving 50%!!! your team was able to 'fix' that within 8 hours of the war ending. Why is it when it is a bonus that SHOULD be there, for teams that spend the gems to get it, EXPECTING you to fix it as it has been that way for EVERY OTHER TOP UNIT... not fixing because it's 'too late' is the lamest excuse I have heard, this needs to be fixed NOW.

CJ54
10-07-2013, 03:40 PM
Too late in the event? You added one last time further along in the event.

Yes, and we got a whole lot of understandable hate for it. We're not changing it this late in the event because when we do that, it pisses people off.

larrydavid
10-07-2013, 03:43 PM
Yes, and we got a whole lot of understandable hate for it. We're not changing it this late in the event because when we do that, it pisses people off.

seriously? The war, raid boss, and ltq prizes have been changed dozens of times.

Better yet, you'd rather piss off the people that actually spend money on this game?

Euchred
10-07-2013, 03:45 PM
So why have a bonus on the first raid boss from the get go, then proceed to amp up the difficulty on subsequent raid bosses and not have accompanying bonuses?

Oh and ticket request #991590 if you want to help me out with not receiving the final raid boss prize when my guild finished.

Rastlin
10-07-2013, 04:09 PM
Thank you CJ54!

JayW
10-07-2013, 04:09 PM
Guess not enough of FUN complained. No one else is plugged straight into Gree.

How many now won't finish heroic, as there's no bonus? Gree obviously needs this statistic, as they can neither plan ahead using past events as an outlier, nor afford the services of an amateur Fortune Teller. Or someone to actually read their own forums.

Just saying...

Hersh
10-07-2013, 07:25 PM
I'll get a lot of hate for it, but I for one am quite happy they will not be adding a bonus; this is NOT because my guild isn't getting it! If Gree can finally stick with something, and not keep changing rewards and events midway from now on, then we will know exactly what were getting into from the get go, from now on. Peace of mind for the rest of our gameplay, is much better for the game than some players missing out on a great unit.

Sorry to anyone that was expecting a change, and went for it, but won't it be better for the game, and us in the long run, if we can actually start trusting Gree???

Thank you CJ!

Rastlin
10-07-2013, 07:46 PM
Sorry to anyone that was expecting a change, and went for it, but won't it be better for the game, and us in the long run, if we can actually start trusting Gree???

Thank you CJ!
I agree, and I am someone still going for the unit (on 32/33). So would the boost have helped me? Sure. However, would I rather GREE stick with the prizes they post and not let people change them? Yes!

collage
10-07-2013, 08:40 PM
I'll get a lot of hate for it, but I for one am quite happy they will not be adding a bonus; this is NOT because my guild isn't getting it! If Gree can finally stick with something, and not keep changing rewards and events midway from now on, then we will know exactly what were getting into from the get go, from now on. Peace of mind for the rest of our gameplay, is much better for the game than some players missing out on a great unit.

Thank you CJ!

+1 like. Although I don't trust Gree, this is a step forward in honoring the initial reward offered.

Vendetta V
10-07-2013, 09:24 PM

Well done CJ!

It's good to see that you stick with the rewards how they are.
Guilds who want to finish the quests will do it anyway ;)

Everybody knew from the start what the rewards are, therefore there is totally no reason to complain now.

King Ben
10-07-2013, 09:27 PM
There still valid reasons for complaint. (A) Gree has not been consistent and (B) Given (A), clarification should have been released earlier.

Well done CJ!

It's good to see that you stick with the rewards how they are.
Guilds who want to finish the quests will do it anyway ;)

Everybody knew from the start what the rewards are, therefore there is totally no reason to complain now.

Vendetta V
10-07-2013, 09:33 PM
There still valid reasons for complaint. (A) Gree has not been consistent and (B) Given (A), clarification should have been released earlier.

(B) Yes, they should have given the clarification earlier. (A) Hopefully they will be consistent from now of on.

Still My opinion is, when GREE show reward units from the start, they must stick with it! changing prices during a quest/event is simply not ok. players have the option, go for the rewards or sit the quest/event out.

Rastlin
10-07-2013, 09:33 PM
(A) Well that is a great reason... NOT! Thank goodness they finally are, and it has to start somewhere. And now is that somewhere! ABOUT TIME GREE!

(B) When they give a screen splash of the prize? How much clearer than that do you need? You hoped they will add a boost, but they don't so reason to complain? Come on man...

King Ben
10-07-2013, 10:25 PM
Hmmm, let me see. Consistency, they have to start somewhere, now is that somewhere ... wait and see but you would have to admit they have not been consistent so why is this not a valid complaint at this point?

Hmmm, splash screen, how much clearer can this get, come on man? There was a splash screen in the earlier event, it was changed, if memory serves me right. Consistency aside, there have been queries raised in the forum. In my view, Gree has probably not decided earlier whether bonus will be added and has only very recently made a decision. So, they did not provide clarity in a timely fashion. Is this not right?

There you have it. I hope the explanations provided do not enhance what I think is your sense of exasperation at the lack of logic (or perhaps outright plain stupidity) of my earlier post.

(A) Well that is a great reason... NOT! Thank goodness they finally are, and it has to start somewhere. And now is that somewhere! ABOUT TIME GREE!

(B) When they give a screen splash of the prize? How much clearer than that do you need? You hoped they will add a boost, but they don't so reason to complain? Come on man...

anchlovi
10-07-2013, 11:21 PM
Always lies and too late responses... Dont take it personally, but as gree employee you adhere the values off your company and that's lies, bad communication all in order to optimize profits.

Shame... The event is hard as previous one and you reduced the prize with 50% ... Do you really think nevt raid boss my guild will finish it again? We will NOT... Another 'top' guild as had enough off your (gree) bollocks. Yes... This hurts you in the only spot where you dont want players to hurt you.

Something tells me that you will participate in the next raid boss event and your guild will complete it

Vendetta V
10-07-2013, 11:23 PM
Always lies and too late responses... Dont take it personally, but as gree employee you adhere the values off your company and that's lies, bad communication all in order to optimize profits.

Shame... The event is hard as previous one and you reduced the prize with 50% ... Do you really think nevt raid boss my guild will finish it again? We will NOT... Another 'top' guild as had enough off your (gree) bollocks. Yes... This hurts you in the only spot where you dont want players to hurt you.

Total reward value is reduced with at least 70%, not mentioning the bonus multiplier.
Who cares about the honor rewards? If GREE would inform us in advance for what we could use that, it would help.

King Ben
10-07-2013, 11:32 PM
Absolutely agree.

Total reward value is reduced with at least 70%, not mentioning the bonus multiplier.
Who cares about the honor rewards? If GREE would inform us in advance for what we could use that, it would help.

Rastlin
10-08-2013, 12:08 AM
Do you really think next raid boss my guild will finish it again? We will NOT...If you like the prize yes of course you will. Sorry you don't like this one. I like it, so I am going for it.

Thank you GREE for finally trying to level things out. You will finally get different/new people going for prizes knowing that others "think it is beneath them" and won't. If everyone ALWAYS goes for the same prizes we all stay the same, nothing changes, and there is no point to the game.

larrydavid
10-08-2013, 02:13 AM
If you like the prize yes of course you will. Sorry you don't like this one. I like it, so I am going for it.

Thank you GREE for finally trying to level things out. You will finally get different/new people going for prizes knowing that others "think it is beneath them" and won't. If everyone ALWAYS goes for the same prizes we all stay the same, nothing changes, and there is no point to the game.

It's cool if you like the prize and want to go for it. But be honest with me - is AT LEAST 2mtns worth it for a 60k unit? I am asking in all honesty.

Rastlin
10-08-2013, 02:53 AM
It's cool if you like the prize and want to go for it. But be honest with me - is AT LEAST 2mtns worth it for a 60k unit? I am asking in all honesty.
You tell me? You just paid for it. ;) Sorry, but I think stat inflation is completely out of control. What would you have paid for a 20k unit with no stats just a few months ago?

P.S. (GREE stop reading, please leave the room) it is NOT costing me anywhere close to 2 mtns... the one great thing about stat inflation is, those with higher stats hit for more points and use less gems....

JayW
10-08-2013, 04:26 AM

No, the last box prize was better because of the bonus. And cheaper gem-wise too. But this is a question for all the guilds outside of the top 10. Those inside have to fear the stat-creep, and know that prize bumps 150+k in stats even without a bonus.

Better question is, will we now see Conquest Guild quest prizes lose their bonuses? They're equally difficult to achieve, and like Rastlin said, this is where consistency starts. So get to it Gree, devalue all the units now that you've set the standard.

larrydavid
10-08-2013, 04:44 AM
You tell me? You just paid for it. ;) Sorry, but I think stat inflation is completely out of control. What would you have paid for a 20k unit with no stats just a few months ago?

P.S. (GREE stop reading, please leave the room) it is NOT costing me anywhere close to 2 mtns... the one great thing about stat inflation is, those with higher stats hit for more points and use less gems....

Like you, I have a much higher FA and speaking in MTNS is strictly for street talk. My overstatement of 2mtns was more like 1mtn per person if they are not mooching.

i.e. 60 member guild, 10mil AVG FA needs 42mtns for last 7 levels (that assumes going in to each boss with full health, getting 2 free FA on 2hr bosses, and 1 FA on 15min bosses).

p.s. Gree has MoC player IDs and associated spending on speed dial. :)

Honestly, we are on the same page - people paid for that 68k unit b/c it was assumed to have a boost added like before. Stat inflation is crazy, but I guarantee you, EVERYONE would complain a lot more if we all had 400k attack and no units changed in your inventory.

Cxxxmm
10-08-2013, 05:46 AM
Gree - once again a total BS decision. The basis which you put forth for your decision is embarrassing. To late in the game for what? It is still not to late to make this quest just like all raid boss quests b4. With a stat boost.

-H-
10-08-2013, 06:53 AM
Gree - once again a total BS decision. The basis which you put forth for your decision is embarrassing. To late in the game for what? It is still not to late to make this quest just like all raid boss quests b4. With a stat boost.

Agree!

People can not say that the prize advertised is the final prize rewarded and therefore can make a educated decision from the start.
In just about every major event there has been one if not more prizes changed after it's initial release.
I think most guilds and members just expected the lack of a bonus on the final reward to be an oversight.
I still maintain that not having a boost on the final unit is an oversight an gree is just too proud or scared of the backlash from those who could not complete the quest.

Gree please do the right thing by those who are pushing and paying for the top prizes and add a bonus to this!!!!!!

travelingsalesman
10-08-2013, 07:51 AM
Also, you totally nerfed the WAR prize the day before war before!?! It was a health bonus that went from 20% down to 5%... Your decision making process seems to be nothing more than a kid throwing a dart at a wall with a bunch of random decisions on it... the only thing consistent with Gree's decision making process is the overwhelming lack of Logic or Consistency

Dogs Pizza
10-08-2013, 08:44 AM
If we could trust gree to not change events in the middle this would not be an issue.

jin.knightstemplers
10-08-2013, 10:52 AM
still no bonus!!! i guess they are not going to change anything, no way i would spend mountains of gems to get a unit with no bonus, better off saving them mountains to go for win streak and wins during wars.

LordIndy
10-08-2013, 11:02 AM
Personally, I would like to see all quests pre-released with stats, requirements, energy, hp and prizes. My only issue is when something is changed, the player is punished. Create an event, stick with it and, if for some reason changes are made, err on the side of the player. That is what most normal businesses would do.

You create an event with high XP, if I decide to do it and gain the levels, I should at least get the benefit of the stat boost. Instead people whine, they change it, and then the dedicated player who made an informed decision is told to screw off.

A unit with a 50% raid bonus is removed from players for an arbitrary reason.

A unit was released last raid boss with no bonus. Guilds decide it's not worth it so they add a bonus after guilds decided to not go further based on the information and are now faced with different circumstances that if they had that info before would've done it.

Players are upset over the Waffle House mentality and trying to play a game based on what Gree might decide to do. Precedent creates expectation. Thus people are upset with this decision and I can hardly blame them. However, it would be nice if in the future, events can be released, properly tested, and then allowed to play out. Changing the rules midstream has to stop.

Valid or
10-08-2013, 12:17 PM
Personally, I would like to see all quests pre-released with stats, requirements, energy, hp and prizes. My only issue is when something is changed, the player is punished. Create an event, stick with it and, if for some reason changes are made, err on the side of the player. That is what most normal businesses would do.

You create an event with high XP, if I decide to do it and gain the levels, I should at least get the benefit of the stat boost. Instead people whine, they change it, and then the dedicated player who made an informed decision is told to screw off.

A unit was released last raid boss with no bonus. Guilds decide it's not worth it so they add a bonus after guilds decided to not go further based on the information and are now faced with different circumstances that if they had that info before would've done it.

Players are upset over the Waffle House mentality and trying to play a game based on what Gree might decide to do. Precedent creates expectation. Thus people are upset with this decision and I can hardly blame them. However, it would be nice if in the future, events can be released, properly tested, and then allowed to play out. Changing the rules midstream has to stop.
I fully agree, but gree dosent seem to like to post, a lot of people have asked gree to post more on things like this, or changes, issues and bugs. But gree remains silent. If they won't post simple updates on issues and bugs unless we post and post till they finally decide to respond, I don't think they will post details on events befor or even when they go live.

NinjaHonu
10-08-2013, 12:40 PM

Well said. I think you should create a new thread with this. Sirius asked the forums a while back if they would like Gree to provide all the stats for LTQs. I think majority liked the idea of the forum working together to figure out and compile the stats. I was one that liked the community effort. BUT now with such inconsistency by Gree, I would assume people have changed their minds and would like Gree to provide all the stats. This way we know what we are getting into and can no longer speculate if Gree will add a modifier or not.

Zenobia
10-08-2013, 02:10 PM
It's about time Gree finally realized that changing the prizes, or the XP penalty, or really anything, in the middle of a quest is a BAD IDEA. Because changing mid-stream universally results in either the people who already did the quest being angry at being shortchanged/penalized, or those who put it off angry that now that they will have to spend more to get it than they would have had they known from the start.

Well done, Gree! I admire you finally saying enough is enough to the demands of the 1%ers and the other 99% be damned!

Now, if they could only get things right BEFORE putting them out, this would never be an issue. But I'll take this one step forward as encouraging at least.

travelingsalesman
10-08-2013, 02:34 PM
It's about time Gree finally realized that changing the prizes, or the XP penalty, or really anything, in the middle of a quest is a BAD IDEA. Because changing mid-stream universally results in either the people who already did the quest being angry at being shortchanged/penalized, or those who put it off angry that now that they will have to spend more to get it than they would have had they known from the start.

Well done, Gree! I admire you finally saying enough is enough to the demands of the 1%ers and the other 99% be damned!

Now, if they could only get things right BEFORE putting them out, this would never be an issue. But I'll take this one step forward as encouraging at least.
Looks like we have found the one subject you won't complain about...

Rastlin
10-08-2013, 03:16 PM
Humm have seen you doing a lot of complaining lately... Just look up in this thread...

Rastlin
10-08-2013, 03:18 PM
CJ, that is a crap excuse and you know it. The last war prizes of +10% raid payout were inadvertently giving 50%!!! your team was able to 'fix' that within 8 hours of the war ending. Why is it when it is a bonus that SHOULD be there, for teams that spend the gems to get it, EXPECTING you to fix it as it has been that way for EVERY OTHER TOP UNIT... not fixing because it's 'too late' is the lamest excuse I have heard, this needs to be fixed NOW.
Case...........

Rastlin
10-08-2013, 03:19 PM
Also, you totally nerfed the WAR prize the day before war before!?! It was a health bonus that went from 20% down to 5%... Your decision making process seems to be nothing more than a kid throwing a dart at a wall with a bunch of random decisions on it... the only thing consistent with Gree's decision making process is the overwhelming lack of Logic or Consistency
and point....

MWWM J
10-08-2013, 03:37 PM
Be happy with the prize. No one has to finish it and waste their gems. It's still a dam nice stat increase. Also forum i wrote dam not dam n so ha try and ban me

aphroKEN
10-08-2013, 04:53 PM
A stat modifier vs no modifier is a night-day difference.

Modifier - scales with stat inflation and the rest of your army, becomes stronger over time
No modifier - becomes relatively weaker over time, depending on the speed stats are inflating

-H-
10-09-2013, 02:49 AM

Lol.....

Someone finally said what we all have been thinking!!!!!!!

Cxxxmm
10-09-2013, 02:53 AM
if we were to take a survey with the question: Did you expect to see a change in the final prize during the raid boss event

and if everyone answers honestly - I bet the answer yes would be 100% to those who respond HONESTLY

and due to that - GREE should give a stat boost just like all past raid boss events

Berneburg
10-09-2013, 03:02 AM
I never expect anything from Gree except incompetence. So, I would have hoped Gree would add a modifier, but I would never expect it.

Cxxxmm
10-09-2013, 03:07 AM
So after each previous raid boss - the final prize had a modifier - you did not expect one?

last raid boss modifier was added because the event was very difficult - and you did not expect one ?

this raid boss was just as hard - and you did not expect one?

all the past prizes are stat boost crazy - and you did not expect one this time?

not a question of incompetence - it is a question of did you expect this raid quest to be no different than past history

but point understood

larrydavid
10-09-2013, 04:51 AM
So after each previous raid boss - the final prize had a modifier - you did not expect one?

last raid boss modifier was added because the event was very difficult - and you did not expect one ?

this raid boss was just as hard - and you did not expect one?

all the past prizes are stat boost crazy - and you did not expect one this time?

not a question of incompetence - it is a question of did you expect this raid quest to be no different than past history

but point understood

Well said.

This is a game Gree is playing and they are winning big time! - next raid boss will start with no boost, then, Gree will realize they will make even less money....THEY WILL GO BACK ON THEIR WORD and add a bonus in the last 24 hours. GUARANTEED. This is not complicated, it is just Gree looking to make more and more money. And when they screw their customers on every single event to date and the customers keep paying, it doesn't matter what we say. No action is being taken and until the day people actually stand up and go gem free for a war then Gree is going to continue this crap.

Vendetta V
10-09-2013, 05:33 AM
Well said.

This is a game Gree is playing and they are winning big time! - next raid boss will start with no boost, then, Gree will realize they will make even less money....THEY WILL GO BACK ON THEIR WORD and add a bonus in the last 24 hours. GUARANTEED. This is not complicated, it is just Gree looking to make more and more money. And when they screw their customers on every single event to date and the customers keep paying, it doesn't matter what we say. No action is being taken and until the day people actually stand up and go gem free for a war then Gree is going to continue this crap.

Well,
This was a good moment to stand up and save your gems!
But.., what happened, the players just continued and wasted their gems ( RL money) on this reward without the bonus multiplier. Some say, it's a nice reward to receive for finishing this quest. Seriously???

It's similar as when you would go to the supermarket where you buy a whole bread, for which you normally pay USD2,00.

Now the sales guy tells you, here is a quarter of bread for USD2,00!
you ask him; Why must I pay the same price?
He says; Because I feel like that today, tomorrow you can buy the whole bread again for the USD2,00
You say; Ok thank you, you pay and tell him see you tomorrow!

You could also go to another supermarket on your way home or wait till the next day..

Others just totally don't care what the price is, because they have more than enough money in their pockets or they are completely addicted to the game.

Conclusion: "Never ending story"

Shinazueli
10-09-2013, 09:10 AM
Pretty much. Over 100k gems for no boost = you must be smoking something. Have fun with that. I'm not at all saying there should be a boost. But when they (which they never do) come out and straight up say "it's not getting one" why in the hell are you complaining? Save your money. You aren't some free player limited by time, if you're going after this unit you could finish the quest in an hour for the same cost. Tap tap. If you decided to finish it early on a gamble they would add in a boost and now you have buyers remorse, well then. That's why it's called "gambling". For reference we estimated to finish just the last few levels of heroic would cost us well over 100k gems. F that.

l3lade2
10-09-2013, 09:17 AM
You don't want things changed in the middle of an event unless it suits you. You don't seem to mind the sky pirate in your inventory. But now since your guild isn't doing the heroic it's not something you want. How fair.

Idiot, I never said that people shouldn't be given the Sky Pirate, I always said they shouldn't take it away after it's been given. How exactly is that remotely similar to saying they shouldn't change unit bonus' half through an event? It isn't. The only similarity, is exactly what I'm saying...don't do 1 thing for some people, then change it later.

Should everyone or noone have gotten the Sky Pirate? Of course. To the people still whining about it, I said and still say...move on, it isn't getting changed now take a hint.

Alexius
10-09-2013, 09:55 AM
If they announced the parameters beforehand and stuck with it consistently there wouldn't be a problem. These events are poorly planned and even more poorly thought out so they audible every event. They normally have a bonus attached. They also consistently forget bonuses, even when they mean to have them, and then add them later so it's reasonable to expect that they simply forgot again especially when they demand so much money spent to attain these units. Unfortunately for the people who spent thousands of gems their ROI is significantly devalued when it comes to gem spending versus unit gained. All you can do is let the market decide whether or not this game even survives.

Erageous
10-09-2013, 12:29 PM
I'm going to start taking a shot every time the sky pirate is mentioned.

Spazzer
10-09-2013, 01:15 PM
Don't you guys realize they don't really care anymore about what everyone wants/complains about? They could shut this whole game down now and be loaded with everybody's money for quite some time. You think this game really costs that much to operate? Just bought GTA 5 for $60 and that game cost what a couple hundred million to make? People spend thousands on this game just to see their numbers go up. This game collapses tomorrow what do you have to show for it? Gree experimented with things by drastically increasing the stats on rewards and people fell for it. I spent a couple hundred bucks on this game shortly after I started getting that Winter Dragon for my guild and even though it has helped people out I still feel guilty about even spending that much. This is coming from a small business owner who is pretty well off financially too. Find a cheaper addiction if you can't help yourself. Just mind blowing how expensive it is to get the good rewards in this game. I'm sure I'll catch some flak for this because of the amount some of you have invested in this game but I can't help but rant here. I still play the game as a free player now but there is just no way to even come close to keeping up unless you literally spend or have spent thousands.

Guido69
10-09-2013, 03:45 PM
Don't you guys realize they don't really care anymore about what everyone wants/complains about? They could shut this whole game down now and be loaded with everybody's money for quite some time. You think this game really costs that much to operate? Just bought GTA 5 for $60 and that game cost what a couple hundred million to make? People spend thousands on this game just to see their numbers go up. This game collapses tomorrow what do you have to show for it? Gree experimented with things by drastically increasing the stats on rewards and people fell for it. I spent a couple hundred bucks on this game shortly after I started getting that Winter Dragon for my guild and even though it has helped people out I still feel guilty about even spending that much. This is coming from a small business owner who is pretty well off financially too. Find a cheaper addiction if you can't help yourself. Just mind blowing how expensive it is to get the good rewards in this game. I'm sure I'll catch some flak for this because of the amount some of you have invested in this game but I can't help but rant here. I still play the game as a free player now but there is just no way to even come close to keeping up unless you literally spend or have spent thousands.

And why don't you let everybody make that decision themselves. Why are telling us what we should do? If you don't want to play a certain way, don't. If others want to spend money on it, let them. It's really simple.

custos
10-09-2013, 08:29 PM
And why don't you let everybody make that decision themselves. Why are telling us what we should do? If you don't want to play a certain way, don't. If others want to spend money on it, let them. It's really simple.

Of course everyone is entitled to play however they want. An alcoholic is entitled to drink, a smoker is entitled to smoke, a gambling addict is entitled to throw away all his money... It's a legal addiction. But other people can't help pointing out the senselessness of that behavior and perhaps try to help discourage some of the more destructive outcomes of such addiction. I think that's probably all Spazzer was trying to say.

Make no mistake, this game is structured with all the psychology of addiction-driving marketing. The big prizes just out of reach, the stat inflation to prevent coasting, the social aspect that helps guilt the non-spenders into spending... these are all well documented tactics to perpetuate addictive behavior. Freemium game producers don't do this by accident - it's a carefully crafted strategy.

This article is illuminating (http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/195806/chasing_the_whale_examining_the_.php?print=1)

Of course, some people can take a drink and not become alcoholics, and some can make some bets and not gamble away their houses. Other people self-destruct. It doesn't hurt to remind folk of that occasionally.

aphroKEN
10-09-2013, 08:43 PM
Pretty much. Over 100k gems for no boost = you must be smoking something. Have fun with that. I'm not at all saying there should be a boost. But when they (which they never do) come out and straight up say "it's not getting one" why in the hell are you complaining? Save your money. You aren't some free player limited by time, if you're going after this unit you could finish the quest in an hour for the same cost. Tap tap. If you decided to finish it early on a gamble they would add in a boost and now you have buyers remorse, well then. That's why it's called "gambling". For reference we estimated to finish just the last few levels of heroic would cost us well over 100k gems. F that.

Well to be fair to the players, Gree had always added the modifier part way through the event. People were banking on that trend which I probably would have too if I were in their position. I guess you could say these players acted too rashly. But in all honesty I think nearly all players were expecting a modifier to be added given trends and the grandeur of this type of event.

Shinazueli
10-09-2013, 09:03 PM
Well to be fair to the players, Gree had always added the modifier part way through the event. People were banking on that trend which I probably would have too if I were in their position. I guess you could say these players acted too rashly. But in all honesty I think nearly all players were expecting a modifier to be added given trends and the grandeur of this type of event.

Umm no. I'm not new. This is the first time the bonus wasn't on the splash screen. They have modified existing bonuses that were clearly unbalanced but to my knowledge they've never added a bonus to a unit mid event that didn't already have one; they've certainly not done it to a Raid Boss unit. This was the third Raid Boss. Both previous splash screens clearly stated the bonus on the unit. Sure, Gree has made mistakes with boosts before, but always at the expense of the player, never to the benefit. (notable exception : whenever it affects only FUN). Why people thought this time would be different is beyond me.

To put things into perspective, my estimation is that this raid boss would cost a guild on average $800-$1200 worth of gems (including bonus gems, more for lower stat guilds). These guilds straight gambled with a mortgage payment, and lost. I can't say that I would do that. Maybe if I had an extra mortgage payment, but my father taught me never to gamble with something I wasn't willing to lose.

That's the equivalent of saying "Look St. Peter, I know I shouldn't have been playing Russian Roulette, but there weren't any bullets in the first two chambers, so I pulled the trigger the third time, and now I'm here! Can you please move Heaven and Earth to bring me back to life?"

Erageous
10-09-2013, 09:10 PM
Just speaking from own personal experience, gree seemed to time this raid boss with the release of the bonus gems from their frequent buyer program. I would consider myself a moderate gem spender, I like to stock up when they are sale. So, I'm betting that the guilds that did finish did not spend as much as everyone is projecting because they had their bonus gems to spend. I think that's also why we didn't see a gem sale during this event.

collage
10-09-2013, 09:30 PM
Very well said sir.

Of course everyone is entitled to play however they want. An alcoholic is entitled to drink, a smoker is entitled to smoke, a gambling addict is entitled to throw away all his money... It's a legal addiction. But other people can't help pointing out the senselessness of that behavior and perhaps try to help discourage some of the more destructive outcomes of such addiction. I think that's probably all Spazzer was trying to say.

Make no mistake, this game is structured with all the psychology of addiction-driving marketing. The big prizes just out of reach, the stat inflation to prevent coasting, the social aspect that helps guilt the non-spenders into spending... these are all well documented tactics to perpetuate addictive behavior. Freemium game producers don't do this by accident - it's a carefully crafted strategy.

This article is illuminating (http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/195806/chasing_the_whale_examining_the_.php?print=1)

Of course, some people can take a drink and not become alcoholics, and some can make some bets and not gamble away their houses. Other people self-destruct. It doesn't hurt to remind folk of that occasionally.

aphroKEN
10-09-2013, 09:38 PM

Marvellously spoken!

aphroKEN
10-09-2013, 09:40 PM
Umm no. I'm not new. This is the first time the bonus wasn't on the splash screen. They have modified existing bonuses that were clearly unbalanced but to my knowledge they've never added a bonus to a unit mid event that didn't already have one; they've certainly not done it to a Raid Boss unit. This was the third Raid Boss. Both previous splash screens clearly stated the bonus on the unit. Sure, Gree has made mistakes with boosts before, but always at the expense of the player, never to the benefit. (notable exception : whenever it affects only FUN). Why people thought this time would be different is beyond me.

To put things into perspective, my estimation is that this raid boss would cost a guild on average $800-$1200 worth of gems (including bonus gems, more for lower stat guilds). These guilds straight gambled with a mortgage payment, and lost. I can't say that I would do that. Maybe if I had an extra mortgage payment, but my father taught me never to gamble with something I wasn't willing to lose.

That's the equivalent of saying "Look St. Peter, I know I shouldn't have been playing Russian Roulette, but there weren't any bullets in the first two chambers, so I pulled the trigger the third time, and now I'm here! Can you please move Heaven and Earth to bring me back to life?"

Good points. But I thought the modifier for the second raid boss didn't appear on the splash screen and was added halfway into the event.

Shinazueli
10-10-2013, 12:09 AM
Good points. But I thought the modifier for the second raid boss didn't appear on the splash screen and was added halfway into the event.

I'd have to see a screenshot but I thought it was on the splash screen from the beginning. I think most just didn't get the splash until halfway through the event. For the sake of argument, even assuming they had "this one time at Gree camp" added a bonus midway through an event, why would that constitute a "trend" that Gree should always follow? The only trend is that they will take your money and f you in the a.

Rastlin
10-10-2013, 01:19 AM

Wow custos!! Very Powerful Read! Thanks!

JPNy
10-10-2013, 06:33 AM
I'd have to see a screenshot but I thought it was on the splash screen from the beginning. I think most just didn't get the splash until halfway through the event. For the sake of argument, even assuming they had "this one time at Gree camp" added a bonus midway through an event, why would that constitute a "trend" that Gree should always follow? The only trend is that they will take your money and f you in the a.

The boost has been added the 3rd day of the event. Here are the screenshots.

First 09.17 no boost clearly :
http://imageshack.us/a/img203/6968/n9yg.th.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/203/n9yg.png/)

And second 09.20 with boost added due to complaints :
http://imageshack.us/a/img600/835/717p.th.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/600/717p.png/)

-H-
10-10-2013, 06:51 AM

The 'trend' here is firstly that both previous events had bonuses attached (yes one of them was added later as the above screen shots prove) and secondly that gree has had to adjust prizes in several of their events. Why would this one be any different???

Zenobia
10-10-2013, 01:52 PM
All 3 Raid Bosses were different.
#1 started and ended with boost
#2 had no boost until the 1%ers complained a lot then they added it
#3 started and ended with no boost.

Guido69
10-10-2013, 02:12 PM
#2 had no boost until the 1%ers complained a lot then they added it

Who are those 1%ers?

Darth Randy
10-10-2013, 02:12 PM
I think Gree maybe has implemented a change, one that is part of a cohesive plan. The boosts are exacerbating the inflation issue. I for one like that they stuck to their guns, especially if i'm right about them forming some sort of vision, other than maximizing gem usage on every single event.

Waiting to see how the next war goes and to see of they fix at least the matching issues, but also hope they adjust quests to reduce the motivation thats been drawing people into forming guilds that ruin the wars for most mid level guilds, and of-course, the STUPID STUPID STUPID way CP is calculated.

Zenobia
10-10-2013, 02:31 PM
Who are those 1%ers?
Is that a rhetorical question? I'll answer anyway.
Those who give Gree more money than the other 99% of us.
A.K.A. The ones Gree jumps to makes changes to the game for when a few of them ask for, or rather demand it, even when the change makes it much worse a game for the other 99% of us. While meanwhile Gree does nothing at all that hundreds of 99%ers ask for (despite the fact that we surely account for much more than 50% of their total income).
Until FINALLY they did the right thing this time.

Guido69
10-10-2013, 02:43 PM
Is that a rhetorical question? I'll answer anyway.
Those who give Gree more money than the other 99% of us.
A.K.A. The ones Gree jumps to makes changes to the game for when a few of them ask for, or rather demand it, even when the change makes it much worse a game for the other 99% of us. While meanwhile Gree does nothing at all that hundreds of 99%ers ask for (despite the fact that we surely account for much more than 50% of their total income).
Until FINALLY they did the right thing this time.

a few things Zenobia...

1) Gree does not jump for ANYONE; the one time they added a bonus was because they thought it might be a good idea and the right thing to do (which it was)

2) There is absolutely nothing, I mean NOTHING, wrong or surprising if a for-profit company tries to accommodate the customers that pay the most. Happens everywhere around you, all the time

3) I am sure you don't think that adding no bonus this time, which is totally fine with me as well, will change things or even level the playing field. That train has left a long time ago. I am not saying that is good or bad...

4) And, according to your definition of the 1%ers, those are most probably the 0.001%er or even less of all players

Zenobia
10-10-2013, 03:25 PM
a few things Zenobia...

1) Gree does not jump for ANYONE; the one time they added a bonus was because they thought it might be a good idea and the right thing to do (which it was)

Raid boss #2 the bonus was added because the 1%ers demanded it. Pure. And. Simple.
Then there was the Top 3 prizes for last war which were deemed inadequate by the 1%ers and so Gree jumped to change them.
Then there was the new war matching system implemented a few wars ago because the poor 1%ers had to wait too long to be matched, which then screwed a whole slew of guilds who should not have been matched with Top 3 guilds up to a dozen times while outside the Top 100.
These are just 3 examples off the top of my head from recent history. There are more but I already talk too much anyway I'm sure you will agree. :p

2) There is absolutely nothing, I mean NOTHING, wrong or surprising if a for-profit company tries to accommodate the customers that pay the most. Happens everywhere around you, all the time
Kowtowing to the demands of the 1%ers at the expense of the 99%ers is of course within a company's rights, and happens. But will only hurt them in the end unless the "1%" pay 99% of their bill which I feel sure they do not. A lot of players buy gems but are not 1%ers.

3) I am sure you don't think that adding no bonus this time, which is totally fine with me as well, will change things or even level the playing field. That train has left a long time ago. I am not saying that is good or bad...
I am merely choosing to believe them when they say "We're not changing it this late in the event because when we do that, it pisses people off" that this is the first step in no longer changing quests mid-stream any more. I may be wrong to think I can them in this but I choose to be an optimist until proven wrong. Of course the playing field can now never be level. But I don't care that those who spend tens of thousands of dollars will always have twice the stats I do. I care about making the game enjoyable for the 99%. A LOT of whom are fleeing in DROVES because of the changes Gree keeps making to make it perfect for 1%ers at the expense of the rest of us.

4) And, according to your definition of the 1%ers, those are most probably the 0.001%er or even less of all players
You are correct that the term 1%ers is imprecise to the point of most likely being very inaccurate. I use it as a term most people can identify with since it entered popular lingo during OWS.

Guido69
10-10-2013, 04:16 PM

I simply wholeheartedly disagree with you on your notion that Gree changes the parameters of the game to make it perfect for the 1%ers. But for some reason you don't seem to see that or are not willing to see that.

And why do you and many others seem to think Gree cares about when someone leaves. For everyone who leaves there may be hundreds more who register that day and who will spend money on this app.

People play this game, get bored or fed up, leave and move on. Others start the cycle again. Nothing more, nothing less. Will happen to all of us.

Zenobia
10-10-2013, 04:35 PM
I simply wholeheartedly disagree with you on your notion that Gree changes the parameters of the game to make it perfect for the 1%ers. But for some reason you don't seem to see that or are not willing to see that.
How about we just agree to disagree then?

It is clear you are not going to see things the way I do any more than I am going see things the way you do, no matter how much each of us attempts to elucidate why we have come to have the very strong opinions we have. I am content to just leave it at that and hope you can be too. :)

Rastlin
10-10-2013, 05:23 PM
One you are in FUN, and part of the 1%. LOL You really need to read http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/195806/chasing_the_whale_examining_the_.php?print=1 if you you think GREE doesn't change the game for you...

CJ54
10-10-2013, 05:49 PM
There's no 1% vs. 99%. Every time we make any sort of change (or *don't* make any sort of change) we have complaints that cut across all in-game economic levels. If we had changed this one during the event, we would have received complaints from players of *every* level of involvement who were upset that we moved the bar after they already decided to sit this one out. Likewise, complaints that came in via ticket about the item not having a bonus were not restricted to the ultra top guilds.

We are still going to adjust things based on player feedback, but we want to try to do it early or before an event if it is necessary. There's nothing wrong in a scenario where a bunch of people from, say, consistently top-1000 guilds let us know that they feel the next top-1000 prize is weak, and as we're getting close to the event the prize is tweaked to be better. And if something is just flat-out broken or typo'd in the data, we're still going to have to fix that.

Every single case that we've ever had was different in terms of potential impact. There IS NO one-size-fits-all answer, and if there was such an answer it would STILL upset some people every time we used it.

In this case, there wasn't anything broken, the item just did not have a bonus and wasn't advertised as having one.

Euchred
10-10-2013, 05:59 PM
In this case, there wasn't anything broken, the item just did not have a bonus and wasn't advertised as having one.

This makes me feel better about it. I got caught in the cookie cutter way of thinking, but can you blame me? Usually if a specific event provides a grand prize with a bonus the next one of the same type will follow suit. It's an easier to accept fact knowing it was intended from the start and not an oversight.

Guido69
10-10-2013, 06:39 PM
There's no 1% vs. 99%. Every time we make any sort of change (or *don't* make any sort of change) we have complaints that cut across all in-game economic levels. If we had changed this one during the event, we would have received complaints from players of *every* level of involvement who were upset that we moved the bar after they already decided to sit this one out. Likewise, complaints that came in via ticket about the item not having a bonus were not restricted to the ultra top guilds.

We are still going to adjust things based on player feedback, but we want to try to do it early or before an event if it is necessary. There's nothing wrong in a scenario where a bunch of people from, say, consistently top-1000 guilds let us know that they feel the next top-1000 prize is weak, and as we're getting close to the event the prize is tweaked to be better. And if something is just flat-out broken or typo'd in the data, we're still going to have to fix that.

Every single case that we've ever had was different in terms of potential impact. There IS NO one-size-fits-all answer, and if there was such an answer it would STILL upset some people every time we used it.

Thanks CJ 👍

Guido69
10-10-2013, 06:41 PM
One you are in FUN, and part of the 1%. LOL You really need to read http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/195806/chasing_the_whale_examining_the_.php?print=1 if you you think GREE doesn't change the game for you...

I don't even bother to reply (other than that)

Guido69
10-10-2013, 06:42 PM
How about we just agree to disagree then?

No problem here. Nothing wrong with disagreement

Darth Randy
10-10-2013, 10:42 PM

Actions speak louder than words, and those these are nice words, but from my position up here in the cheap seats you guys(Gree) got called out for catering to your biggest spenders by the 99%ers and that's why you are holding your ground now.

When your mods decided to sticky one of the dumbest threads ever, one that was posted by a FUN member, it pretty much betrayed your hand. Things may be different now, and I hope so, but don't expect the vast majority of people who post here, which by and large are very bright, to not see the obvious and understand the motivation behind it. Not one single person here is ignorant that Gree is a business and has a bottom line that it constantly tries to look out for.

Dirt road Joe
10-10-2013, 11:34 PM
And if something is just flat-out broken or typo'd in the data, we're still going to have to fix that.

SO I guess miscommunication between Gree employees counts as something that isn't a mistake and doesn't get fixed?... eerrmhrm... Sky Pirate... mmmrmmh... cough....

Person
10-11-2013, 02:11 AM
a few things Zenobia...

this tells me all i need to know about you.

welcome to my ignore list.

Cxxxmm
10-11-2013, 03:24 AM
CJ - just a short cut and paste from your reponse

let us know that they feel the next top-1000 prize is weak, and as we're getting close to the event the prize is tweaked to be better.

so based on your explanation and even without the complaints do you think that this raid boss event prize as compared to the other raid boss prizes is:

a.) stronger
b.) the same
c.) weaker
d.) much weaker
e.) so weak that no one would think that this was correct on the first splash screen

I would assume if you answer honestly it would be either d or e. Thus, a stat boost should be given even after the event.

sister morphine
10-11-2013, 04:05 AM
There is absolutely nothing, I mean NOTHING, wrong or surprising if a for-profit company tries to accommodate the customers that pay the most. Happens everywhere around you, all the time
Are you for real? The kind of companies who generally cater to very high disposable income people (what would you call those players who cheerfully spend the price of a small car, or in some extremes the equivalent of the average American's annual salary on a phone game) don't in my experience also go after the low-end market.

Show me the budget Ferrari, or Leica, or Chateau Laffite Rothschild and I'll show you a fake.

Guido69
10-11-2013, 07:38 AM
welcome to my ignore list.

I am happy about that. I don't care what you are saying either

Guido69
10-11-2013, 07:40 AM
Are you for real? The kind of companies who generally cater to very high disposable income people (what would you call those players who cheerfully spend the price of a small car, or in some extremes the equivalent of the average American's annual salary on a phone game) don't in my experience also go after the low-end market.

Show me the budget Ferrari, or Leica, or Chateau Laffite Rothschild and I'll show you a fake.

Your point being?

Guido69
10-11-2013, 07:41 AM
When your mods decided to sticky one of the dumbest threads ever, one that was posted by a FUN member, it pretty much betrayed your hand.

If you find it "dumb" that does not mean it is in fact "dumb"

Darth Randy
10-11-2013, 06:25 PM
If you find it "dumb" that does not mean it is in fact "dumb"

My thinking it was dumb does not in fact mean it was dumb. Dumb is a relative term, and so comparing it to many meaningful threads that pop up here almost daily makes it dumb. That thread, about avoiding sister guilds in war and/or building in even more advantages for big spenders by coordinating sister guilds through Gree coding only got stickied because a) a member from the dreaded 1%ers posted it and b) Gree is desperate for a way to leverage more spending from its tops spenders and avoid letting the game get to stale for them.

Ignoring tons of threads about bugs, game mechanic issues, and even pretending not to see posts about ongoing exploits in the game and instead singling out that post for sticky was VERY telling. And for now, though I'm glad they stuck to their guns about the bonus for this mob, I think it was due to the negative feedback and not a renewed sense of direction, but I certainly could be, and hope I am wrong.