PDA

View Full Version : Restoring IPad - Will I lose the game?

ProCision
10-06-2013, 09:24 AM
I got a used Ipad and have been playing on it, I want to restore it back to factory. When I reinstall modern war will my game be there or will I have to contact support to get it back.

Warzoneone
10-06-2013, 09:27 AM
Just reinstall the game ,, every thing will be there

ProCision
10-06-2013, 09:28 AM
Just reinstall the game ,, every thing will be there

I need to restore it, not just reinstall the game.... So after its fully restored will my game be there?

Warzoneone
10-06-2013, 09:31 AM
Yes ......
You will need to download the game and install it

ProCision
10-06-2013, 12:58 PM
you should go back and re-read the OP.

thundarr
10-06-2013, 01:08 PM
I got a used Ipad and have been playing on it, I want to restore it back to factory. When I reinstall modern war will my game be there or will I have to contact support to get it back.

When you restore it will wipe out everything and I mean everything. You will then have to reinstall Modern War and contact Gree about getting your game back. Theoretically your can download your game from the iCloud but that has been problematic as you can see from the threads about it.

ProCision
10-06-2013, 01:10 PM
When you restore it will wipe out everything and I mean everything. You will then have to reinstall Modern War and contact Gree about getting your game back. Theoretically your can download your game from the iCloud but that has been problematic as you can see from the threads about it.

thank you, so its like 50-50 that my game will download.

HGF69
10-06-2013, 01:39 PM
If u do a system restore loading the game won't work. It'll be a new game.

Send yourself a ticket not gree so at least u have the device and game details. If all else fails ask gree to restore it but that way u have the info.

Back it up to itunes. And the cloud but restore it from iTunes.

thundarr
10-06-2013, 01:54 PM
If u do a system restore loading the game won't work. It'll be a new game.

Send yourself a ticket not gree so at least u have the device and game details. If all else fails ask gree to restore it but that way u have the info.

Back it up to itunes. And the cloud but restore it from iTunes.

make sure you have all your info for Gree there is a post on here somewhere exactly what they need

Einszwei
10-06-2013, 03:25 PM
Back up your game with iCloud first then download, if it fails then send GREE a ticket with your problem and wait for 2 weeks or so

Agent Orange
10-06-2013, 03:29 PM
Would agree with thundarr, when you do a full factory reset you will nuke the hidden file that Modern War uses to identify you're game on their server. That is why sending yourself a ticket or at the very least copying down all the data that is created when you do an in game ticket. That file btw is why you can delete your app then reinstall it but not loose your player.

I don't think a backup to iCloud will restore your game since your device is wiped, so if you did a restore from a backup or the cloud you are just restoring your device back to it's previous state.

ProCision
10-06-2013, 07:07 PM
No ticket needed. I did a full restore and my game loaded right up.

I turned on cloud backup and made sure it backed up.

I backed up on itunes and did the restore through itunes.

Downloaded the game and my account loaded.

thanks for the tips, just glad this LLP is not lost.